Mugu says...

Discussion of scam and scambaiting NOT related to any particular scammer

Re: Mugu says...

Postby FrumpyBB on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:18 pm

This is really harming our cause :(

I heavily suspect some of the >100 guests we have all the time MUST tip off scammers they are listed here.

DON´T !!!

While we moderators and long-time members know scammers´ threats to victims are just idle threats and words (see the FAQ about "my scammer is threatening me"), recently scammed people who we have, under much pain, tried to help to get rid off their pests are NOT AL ALL helped by those who tell scammers they are listed and known as such.

Here is another example why telling scammers they are listed here is wrong wrong wrong: viewtopic.php?p=216983#p216983
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Use Spokeo
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby florbela on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks Frumpy,

I just came to post the email here but you did it before.
florbela
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Glad you understand our view on this :) I´ve just linked to the above thread in my siggyline since so many people confront and tell their scammers they know and guess what a scammer would do then...
It´s a frustrating subject for us and it puts decent people like you, who actively post scammers, under unnecessary pressure :(
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

Use Spokeo
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby florbela on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:43 pm

I just wish all these could finally end for good!
florbela
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Stealth on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:34 pm

Great Reminder Frumpy!

I think in the heat of the moment when a victim/potential victim researches and finds that their too good to be true lover is a scam, they do not think it through and as a knee jerk response, go after their scammer. Sadly, this will never give them the peace of mind they hope for. Instead, they get ugly threats from the play stupid mugu as well as possibly having the mugu mull over what they did wrong to correct for when dealing with the next victim.

I am thinking of maybe putting a warning in my sig about confronting them as a way of helping with the reminder.
"Scam signs"

ATTN GUESTS!!Telling your mugu that he/she is busted will accomplish absolutely nothing but teaching them how to be better at scamming/victimizing, as well as cause other victims unnecessary duress. Unless this is what you hope to cause, do NOT confront them!
Stealth
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:00 am

And we have another confronter : viewtopic.php?p=217760#p217760

Nota bene, this is AFTER mod firefly has spent hours explaining to him how a scam works :roll:

Use Spokeo
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Keithnone on Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:59 pm

Thank's for the welcome. Here's an email I 'Just' got:

"You must be a village idiot for doing all u have done for posting my details on romance scame u will never obtain mercy from anywhere mad man useless village idiot had I know I wouldn't have email u in d first place x"

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

So some obvious read this forum :applause: :mrgreen:

Edited out reference to scammer. We don´t really need them visiting us ;) F
Keithnone
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Keithnone on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:54 pm

Hi all

Sorry about the mishap with the above post! I was slightly shocked that they clicked on to me, so quickly after I exposed them. I've just got back into the online dating. I did use it before in the early 00s and I heard about all the different tricks, am Scottish and it is true about us being 'tight' :mrgreen:

I actually split 'officially' with my GF earlier this year WHO I met on a dating site. It last for 5 years and cost me money and stress BUT hey the relationship produced a son :D So it was worth every penny and every moment of stress and there was plenty of good, happy and loving times. The relationship was no different if I had met her at a night out or at a social event. I would do it all again :D

So online dating does work, My advice is: just stick to dates that aren't any-more than 4-5 hours round trip (by car) AND never, ever part with cash! because it's so easy to be taken in! I was even slightly fool at first, with my recent encounter with a trickster. Fortunately I'm a big sceptic and bells were ringing, that's how I found this site.

You's guys are doing a brilliant job! It's been a pleasure to post on here :D

K

PS please delete/edit if I've gone off-topic. Thanks
Keithnone
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Lok Bok; lokbok2@yahoo.com

Postby kingtroy on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:05 pm

I do know this man from Charlotte North Carolina..I met him when i went to report a scam to the police..I lost $50,000 to internet scam..I don't like remembering all that because it really makes me doubt if internet dating works..but i have a few friends who have met their partners on dating sites..When i met this man he was there to report a scam..He also said people have been using a some photos of his to scam people over the internet and also people putting blogs of him being an internet scammer.He had already sued 2 people who he traced and found out have been posting blogs of him being a scammer..All i want to say is be sure of your facts before you do anything..he could end up sueing you if he finds should find this..
kingtroy
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re:

Postby Stealth on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:10 pm

Keithnone wrote:Thank's for the welcome.

Is your name the same name you used for IMs and emails, or easy enough to figure out? If so, it might be a better idea to change it. Scammers work on many people at once, so normally they won't even know who it is unless you provide them with those kinds of bread crumbs.

It is possible that this mugu was reading the sight because yet again some one decided that it would be cute and smart to confront them. :interesting:

Any rate, seems to me his boxers are in a ball for being exposed.
"Scam signs"

ATTN GUESTS!!Telling your mugu that he/she is busted will accomplish absolutely nothing but teaching them how to be better at scamming/victimizing, as well as cause other victims unnecessary duress. Unless this is what you hope to cause, do NOT confront them!
Stealth
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Thank you , Stealth :) you are right, of course!

Wanted to add, "kingpin" above is a mugu!

^^IP-Adresse [?]: 184.22.40.10 Kopieren [Whois] [Reverse IP]
Ländercode der IP: US
Land der IP: ip address flag United States
Bundesland der IP: Pennsylvania
Stadt der IP: Scranton
Postleitzahl der IP: 18501
Breitengrad der IP: 41.4201
Längengrad der IP: -75.6485
Provider der IP [?]: Network Operations Center
Organisation: Network Operations Center

A big thanks to the vic or "guest" who has shown the scammer he is posted here :( Thanks for making him hassle us and the o#original vic!

Use Spokeo
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:47 pm

kingtroy wrote:he could end up sueing you if he finds should find this..

My contact details are in the contacts page. Go ahead :D
wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby Keithnone on Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:51 pm

Guys I don't know the in's or out's of how this people work, nor I'm here to simply 'out' them. I found out someone was trying it on with me, because of the info on this site! I could have easily not bothered registering on the site and just left it. If the mods could remove or change my details, that would be great.
Keithnone
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Stealth on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:29 am

FrumpyBB wrote:Thank you , Stealth :) you are right, of course!

Wanted to add, "kingpin" above is a mugu!
I see! LOL He is pulling the dumb old "your gonna get sued ploy" Too bad he isn't quite dumb enough to contact the police, as it would be great to see his victims get some justice.
"Scam signs"

Stealth
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ralph Warner on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:22 am

If your username relates in any way to your real life then you can have your username changed by PMing Wayne with an alternative username.

You can find Wayne a few posts up, click on the PM button under his username ;)
"Thou shall read thy FAQ" CLICK HERE for salvation
Has your scammer sent you to any websites, it may have been fake Click Here to find out more
Ralph Warner
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion