It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Silver Cafe.org

Scam-related reviews of the dating and social networking sites. Only people with a 10+ postcount can post in this section.
baldhiker
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Silver Cafe.org

Postby baldhiker » Fri May 14, 2010 4:21 pm

Good afternoon. Has anyone heard about this site in St. Petersburg, Russia? I'm getting e-mails from women there but I never signed up to the site. I did, however, sign up to Elena's Models, and I'm wondering if maybe they own this site. Still, suspicious of this.

Silver Cafe.org

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Silver Cafe.org

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri May 14, 2010 4:37 pm

Hmm, have you looked it up in the Dating Sites subforum? (You can´t post in there with a postcount less than 10 yet, sorry...)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Sat May 15, 2010 12:27 am

I'm getting e-mails from women there but I never signed up to the site.
They are spamming you (trying to get you register), and that kind of spam always = scam.

I don't think they are directly connected to EM, but probably EM sells email addresses to third parties. I don't know what is their policy regarding your private info.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

NewUser101
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Silver Cafe

Postby NewUser101 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:00 pm

I registered on Elena's Models (great site, not a scam) and a month later received an invite from Silver Cafe - these guys had already ripped off my photos and bio. My guess is that somehow they hack other people's sites and acquire the data. Same day as I got the invite to join the site, I got an unsolicited email from "Olga" claiming to have seen my profile and wanting to talk with me.

Basically a very professional, slick scam site.

Ralph Warner
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Silver Cafe

Postby Ralph Warner » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Hi Newuser

I have moved your post to our Dating sites forum from general.

I am not the one to discuss matters about dating sites with you, I only ever join them hoping to attract scammers ;)

Without knowing however I suspect the both sites are affiliated with each other and your membership at the first one gave you automatic membership of the second one.

The scammer i suspect is simply another scammer that has joined the site hoping to find somebody to send him money.

I could be wrong but it sounds perfectly logical to me
"Thou shall read thy FAQ" CLICK HERE for salvation
Has your scammer sent you to any websites, it may have been fake.

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:41 am

NewUser101, I moved your post here, as we already have a topic about it. Please search the boards before starting a new topic.

Here is some info:
http://jimslists.com/agencies/silver-rain-cafe.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and yet AGAIN, in connection with Elena's Models. I am a bit skeptical about them "stealing" profiles from Elena Models. They can steal your picture and profile description, but where the heck do they get your email address?? I don't think they "hack" Elena's Models, either.

Most likely, Elenas Models sells your info to this site. Maybe they are affiliates. I am sure something about "sharing" your info with other agencies is stated in Elenas Models fine print. In this case, it's perfectly legal. You agreed to this "sharing" when you joined Elenas Models. Do you carefully read fine print and privacy policy when you join sites? You always should.

In any case, a site that gets their membership by buying people's info from other agencies is not reputable. This is not a good business practice, stay away from Silver Cafe. I constantly get contacted by different agencies, offering the "co-operation" between datingnmore and them. In other words, they want to buy my profiles. I always delete such offers and never sell anything, but other sites might have different point of view.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:44 am

Same day as I got the invite to join the site, I got an unsolicited email from "Olga" claiming to have seen my profile and wanting to talk with me.
It might not at all be related to Silver Cafe - since when I opened a baiting profile on lets101.com I have been getting the very same thing on an almost daily basis. Knowing what´s behind it I never open them. Surely they do sell stuff like this...my "Olga" wants to lure me to a Russian dating site hwoever that I have never heard of. It´s also always an "Olga". Sometimes it´s others aditionally and they all have a (2x), the x being a number between 5 and 9, behind. None of these late female twens inviting you is real of course.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Return to “Dating and Social Networking Sites”