It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

What the REAL owners of the pictures say

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: What the REAL owners of the pictures say

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:58 am

scammers with pictures of Bernard Hodges - topic

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:24 pm
If you have been Scammed by someone using my picture and or name Bernie Hodges and there was any kind of fraud or crime involved (including hate crime) or they tried to get your details to use in fraud - PLEASE CONTACT ActionFraud the UK’s national fraud and internet crime reporting centre. You can do it via the website below or call them.
UK:03001232040
international:0441612349230
I have reported all of this activity to them the crime reference number is NFRC150200953034 but that is all I can do - if a crime has been committed PLEASE REPORT IT and lets stop these guys.
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/contact-us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:54 pm

Postby St Louis Mikey
Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:38 am

Ok, this is freaking me out. These pictures are of ME - who the hell is this Anthony Cardoso?

A friend told me that I should google image search and it led me to this website of SCAMMERS?

This is some BULL SHIT!
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:39 am

Bruce Jorgensen - topic

Mar 16, 2015 5:20 am
At least once every three to four weeks some ASS uses my pictures for romance scam! I was just contacted two days ago by a young lady that was scammed.. and he was on Match.com - Yes those picture are of me.. Bart Ratliff.. born in oklahoma.. single no kids living in las vegas.. pretty easy to find.. I"m all over the internet as MYSELF>. Bart Ratliff.. not of some ass named Bruce Jorgensen.. (one of many names)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:16 am

SSG Ron Hartford, US Army

My name is SSG Ron Hartford, US Army, this guy "Chris Hartford" has been using my photos to try and meet women. I had no knowledge of this happening and will now be putting more secure setting on my Facebook page.

Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:10 am
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun May 17, 2015 8:15 pm

Frank Blanchard topic

Sat May 16, 2015 5:47 am

My wife got a phone call (she did not answer it) and then a text message from a woman who continues to attempt to "track me down." Like my wife is going to be able to straighten this all out.

I just noticed the ad says I am "windowed."

I just hope this is not some love crazed woman who thinks she has finally found Mr. Wonderful. My wife could set her straight on that count. I am now careful about accepting Facebook friend requests from European women because they don't understand that it was not me they were dealing with and threaten to contact the Army and even my mother. I had to block a few of them. The last thing you need is some mad Serbian woman posting nude photos on my Facebook timeline. Not that I mind the photos, just send them via private message.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri May 22, 2015 9:17 pm

Peter Griff topic

Fri May 22, 2015 1:17 pm
I am in shock. Thats my pics. sorry im not good in english, i just search my pics on google and see this site.. please someone tell me what can i do. someone steal my pics and using like that... And this is my album folder on my PC with original image details if you dont beleive me. and im so sorry to what happen to you tia77 ...

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:15 pm

Todd Weaver Cruz topic

Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:45 pm
i just had this link sent to me by a friend, i am the person in the pictures and can verify that the account on facebook does not belong to me, i was in the military but i was stationed at Ft Lewis in Washington state, any help on getting the facebook profile deleted would be helpful

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:01 pm

Punisher21ABN

To all passing around this thread. I am the person in these photos and I am not the person running a scam on anyone. I am tired of this and I keep finding more and more photos of me on many different dating sites. Several women have even contacted my wife to "rat" me out to her and not to mention one contacted my unit, FBI and post master general to try and bring charges on me without even knowing it wasn't actually me. Please if you are coming across these photos of me, delete them. I am trying to stop this as I find them and I have made all my facebook stuff private but some of the photos are already out there. Sorry ass people for sure. Again I just want to assure you all that I am not doing this, it is someone else or some other people. Several of these photos are of me, one is my wife and I and two are of my friends. There are two that aren't mine at all, they are some other unit or person. The Skype photo is me, but again it was stolen somehow. Hope you can help me stop this crap and any information would be appreciated. Just leave a message here and I will find it. Thank you.

You are correct, I am the real owner of these photos and I have done all I can to stop this from happening. I have had facebook shut down several profiles that were using my photos. I am sorry someone did this to you. Rest assured I will locate the people responsible somehow some way, Nigerian or not. I've been to war and I'm not afraid of anything these cowards have.

mysterylady
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mysterylady » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:38 am

Victims have been advised not to try and contact the people whose pictures have been stolen. I am sorry you have had this happen. Things happen for a reason and perhaps victims contacting your wife, has made you aware that your picture was stolen.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:50 pm

Jason Antonio topic

post by briand
THESE ARE MY PICTURES

I was notified several years ago that my pictures were being used in scams, and from time to time I search to see if I can find more cases. If you are receiving any messages from someone claiming to be the person in those pictures, I assure you, it is a scam. Those pics were stolen from my myspace account in 2008 or 2009. Please, please do not write anyone back who is using these; I am not looking to start a relationship with anyone and am a happily married man.

I'm terribly sorry if you were hurt by someone using my pictures.

Respectfully,
Brian

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:28 pm

Scammers with Pictures of Lt Col Gordon Hannett - topic

Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:40 pm
Well, it's finally happened. Someone reported my Facebook account as that of a scammer. Sometime last night, Facebook "removed" my account but has given me an opportunity to prove my identity. I had to send them copies of my driver's license and passport this morning.

As I've mentioned here in the past, I search Facebook nearly every week looking for scammers using my photos. Yesterday, I found and reported more than twenty of them. I've found more than 1000 of them since 2009. Facebook deleted all but one of the fraudulent accounts I reported yesterday. So, the scammer account of "Mark Hannett" is still active on Facebook. For those of you who are experienced baiters, feel free to contact this imposter. Be careful though, there's a REAL Mark Hannett on Facebook. He's the one not using my pictures.

Keep up the good work, folks!

mysterylady
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mysterylady » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:53 am

why did you suspect that your photo was being used by scammers?

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:39 am

Mark is an army officer RPO who has his own long running used and abused thread in White Males. He's also an awesome advocate for fighting the scammer's, educating the public and supporting those who've been scammed. If he were really single, I'd be stalking him myself.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:51 pm

Mark Ferguson topic

Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:11 pm
All these pictures are mine,they were stolen from my Facebook profile when the profile was public.
I learned about these fake accounts almost a year ago and i managed to close over 1,500 fake accounts,when I report a fake account on the same day another 10 appear.
I am Romanian, and I've never been a soldier in the US Army,i work as a security contractor in Afghanistan.
This site administrators to contact me privately if possible so I can prove my identity so and I can help.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:54 pm

Horace Schneider topic

Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:11 am
Very shocked to see this.. This is me and it is very disturbing that someone has been using my photos..

Return to “Support and Advice.”