Hank Collins, sgthank45@yahoo.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.

Hank Collins, sgthank45@yahoo.com

Postby Disbelief73 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:48 am

I had the pleasure of finding Hank Collins, sgthank45@yahoo.com, on speeddate.com, the scammers posed as a Technical Sargeant with the US Airforce, said he had two sons that lived in the UK with his brother. After a few weeks he said that he needed emergency leave and that I had to apply and pay all costs involved. I was lucky as I have a cousin who has US military ties and sent her the forms. They were bogus of course so I sent him a threatening email and he deleted his profile that day. I thought I would try and find him through other military dating sites and I did, he is Michael on uniformdating.com, single with one child and is lised as a Scientist/Researcher. I am not sure if this guy is the real one but looking at his profile it doesnt sound real. I would really like to know who this poor guy is, if anyone knows who he is please let me know.

Disbelief73
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers Posing as Military

Postby Marisa on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:53 am

I don't know about Michael (could be real, could be another instance of scammers profile), but sgthank45 is definately a scammer. What was his email or yahoo id?
Marisa
Site Admin

Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Disbelief73 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:15 am

He used sgthank45@yahoo.com, not sure about Michael, he wasnt answering any of my flirts. Have you seen the photos before?
Disbelief73
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby anniesdogs on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:02 pm

Watch out for David Thorpe says he's an army officer nearing retirement. apparently he's back in action again as he had told me he was retiring from service in Iraq (Bagdad...green zone) back in December.
He's now says he retires in April, tough job!!

He mentions Accra, Ghana, Arizona....apparently has two daughters there??? uses DHL freight to ship over personnal items that he has accrued over his five years in Iraq.

Beware, this man took me for thousands of pounds, he is evil. I don't want anyone else to feel how I have felt these last few weeks when it became obvious that he was not the gentle sensitive soul that i thought I had met.

Please take care.

Ann
anniesdogs
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Hank Collins, sgthank45@yahoo.com

Postby chikchuk on Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:05 pm

regarding this article...Hank reported about his pictures stolen from his facebook profile and from a dating site he registered on and he never followed it up and of recent his yahoo email account was hacked again to get personal information about him....for you all readers i am a good friend of hank and he is getting married very soon to a woman he met online...plz be careful if anyone contacts you with this picture...... report the person's email address immediately
chikchuk
SCAMMER

Bookmark and Share

Postby Disbelief73 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Thank you for that information, I feel terrible that his photos are being used in this dreadful way. I hope he and his future wife are very happy together. At least I know that he is a real person. Thanks again.
Disbelief73
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa on Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:24 am

Disbelief73, the poster with username "chikchuk" is a scammer. He is not "a good friend of Hank". Probably it is your scammer himself. He snuck in though an anonymous proxy: 12.193.76.3, that's how he got in. This proxy is a source of different Nigerian scams, including one posted here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25895

Please disregard everything he posted. The real man on the pictures in NOT named Hank.
Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby brwnsugr on Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:05 am

I WANTED TO RESPOND TO THE ARTICLE ON HANK COLLINS .HE DID REPORT HIS IDS STOLEN AND EMAILS HACKED INTO.I HAVE KNOWN HANK COLLINS FOR A WHILE NOW AND YES HE IS A REAL PERSON.I AM THE WOMAN HE IS ABOUT TO MARRY IN A FEW WEEKS AND YES HE DOES HAVE KIDS WHICH I HAVE MET.IF ANYONE GETS ANY EMAILS FROM HIS PICTURE PLEASE REPORT IT IMMEDIATELY.WE ARE TAKING STEPS TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER !
brwnsugr
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa on Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:49 am

look brwnsugr, you are just another victim of this scammer, not a happy bride. Let me explain you and others what is happening here.

1) Disbelief73 posted a Nigerian scammer who calls himself Hank Collins and uses email sgthank45@yahoo.com. This is a black young man from Nigeria doing it. He stole the pictures of this military man (who of course has absolutely nothing to do with all this and is a totally innocent man). Furthermore, the officer's name of course is NOT Hank Collins (Collins!! I am surprised it is not Willimas!) and he NEVER used email sgthank45@yahoo.com

2) now, either the scammer found this topic via Google and paniced that he is going to start losing victims, or somebody directed him to this topic (crap!! :evil:), or one of his victims found it and confronted him. So, what can he say?? How can he convince his victims now that he is not a scammer? Too late to start changing name and email, he has scams runing in fill blossom with this name and email

3) So what he does, he convinces his victims that he is a REAL Hank Collins, while the one posted by Disbelief73 is an imposter who stole his stuff and hacked him. Very convinient, if victims ask how come the email address is the same, he says: "it was hacked!!". Smooth!!! Just please explain me, what for a scammer needs to hack somebody's email and take over somebody's box, if he can open 10 fresh yahoo mailboxes in 1 hour? :roll:

brwnsugr, please open your eyes, until it's too late. You are NOT in contact with a real Hank Collins. You are in contact with the SAME pest as Disbelief73. Just Disbelief73 happened to be much more wiser. Now I start thinking who was chikchuk?? Another happy bride?? Geeez, how many does he have?? Seems he really got a lot of deeply hooked victims, who believe every b/s he is saying.

and btw, you said you met his kids, means you met him too?? can we see a proof of it? a picture together maybe? just so we don't think you are actually helping a scammer. :evil:

this is his yahoo avatar and his so-called "son":

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa on Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:58 am

oh, and one more thing.. we heard a "friend", we heard a "bride", but where is "Hank Collins" himself?? Why cannot he speak from himself? Swallowed his tongue? And I will tell you why: because he cannot enter this site with his Nigerian IP address. :twisted:
Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby red zora on Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:38 pm

his pictures stolen from his facebook profile

lol the same answer I got from my scammer when I told him I found his picture with a different name and location....
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5149
LEAVE YOUR SCAMMER WITHOUT WORDS,TELL HIM NOTHING!!!
How to use this board? Have a look here
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=63
red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Disbelief73 on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:41 pm

Thats the photo of the boys that "Hank" said were in the UK with his brother and his wife while he was in Afghan, little man (Mark) and Jimmy. I didnt upload that particular photo on purpose. I am not a scammer just a victim of this scammer who caused alot of hurt and distress. If you are talking to this man online I would stop contact asap as you are only going to lose your money and get hurt. Thanks to this site I am able to go online and meet men and know straight away if they are scammers or not and sadly most of them are. I wish you all the best brownsugar but if you feel uncomfortable or things dont add up go with those feelings and end it. In hindsight the signs were there I just didnt want to see them.
Disbelief73
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Scott60561 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Does anyone know of any military databases to search for actual members of the military? A good friend has started "dating" a gentlemen who claims to be in the US Army but is retiring soon. I came to this page because it is similar to Anniesdogs story (this man uses the same name) and I am worried that my friend will fall victim.
Scott60561
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby red zora on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:17 pm

send me via PM his yahoo email address ...I could do a research
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5149
LEAVE YOUR SCAMMER WITHOUT WORDS,TELL HIM NOTHING!!!
How to use this board? Have a look here
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=63
red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mrs. Goldy on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:36 pm

Contacted through Facebook by Lt. General William B Caldwell, quite a catch! LOL! E-mail addresses he has provided to me: william.b.caldwell@army-gov.us and lt.genwbc@yahoo.com. Immediately asked me to correspond through yahoo and is now messaging me through IM. Has obviously read the bio and is using pics of the real Lt. General. I contacted 4 other women through Facebook that I saw "liking" his picture. All of us are middle aged. What a coincidence. He even remembered meeting my "Dad" at an event in NY. HaHaHa. What a good memory my little Ghana friend has. Anyway, I was very flattered that the General was so excited about my looks and what a fascinating woman I am. He chose me, (ME) out of all the women on FB. WRONG!!!!! Scammer.
I am now working with one of his earlier victims and we are both baiting him. We hope to string him along (or the team of them) and use up precious resources (internet cafes are not cheap), and a lot of his time. Any time he wastes on us is time he can't use to hurt another innocent women. These acts are emotionally damaging and can lead to financial ruin, and worse.
I like baiting. Feels good to run the tramp around.
Thank you to everybody here for helping me expose the truth which led me to saving three other victims.
Mrs. Goldy
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Next

Return to Military scams