Alessandro Woods less_woods@hotmail.com less_woods@yahoo.com

African scammers posing as white men.

Carl Koestner, sunbabiyu@yahoo.com

Postby erosebud on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:15 pm

I met Carl Joseph Koestner at Spark.com a week ago. Here is the first email I received from him:

Hello Dear,
How are you doing?? I want you to know that i have a lot of interest in you and would really like to get to know you and see where things will go from there..Here is a little about myself. I am a single father of of two loving kids, One boy and a Girl. Philip 4yrs And Monica 6yrs they both are one of the most important thing in my life i cant do without them, I have been single for 4yrs now and i believe its time for me too look for the right woman after the death of my wife.. she died of cancer of the lungs,i have not had any luck on the site as i am new and hoping to get a good result from our conversation..

First i dont want a one night stand as that as never come on my mind, I want a woman who will love me for me and be together for the rest of our lives, I cant imagine ending a relationship then start to look for another one.. Thats not the kind of man i am i want a relationship that will last till the end of time....I will do everything it takes to make it up to her i believe i have a lot of love in me to give to the right woman when she comes my way..I was born in West London and i have lived in Ky for 18yrs or more now, After work i take some time in the pool with my son,.. My goal is to find the right woman for me and make her happy the way i want to be happy.

I work as a Construction Engineer into Road and Building Construction, I love my job and i am glad to be doing it,its makes me happy and gives me joy to be doing it..

Well You can also tell me as i have told you i know there is still alot we will talk about..

Carl

Here is part of his second email to me...
I am looking for a woman who likes affection and cuddling up on a couch to watch a movie or listen to music! I am looking for someone who would enjoy simple things like me cooking a nice dinner, moon watching and looking at fireworks. Someone who likes good conversation, and yet feel comfortable together just not having to say anything at all. I want an affectionate, sweet and down to earth woman...

Am looking for companionship, Long term relationship and a good and committed relationship.. I love to laugh, talk and spending time with my special someone. I also enjoy social functions as well as stay at home times where I can relax and watch a movie maybe cook a little meal and just chill out in front of the fireplace. I am a romantic, (yeah sounds like a line but its true.) I have not been to Ny I have been to. Hong Kong, Germany and russia..

I am a believer in always giving more than you take, and that life is too short to spend fighting without resolving the problem.I don't like to play games by telling people things I am not, I have found that in life lies make more trouble and hurt than the truth ever can so I would rather be upfront at all times. Love to travel, enjoy road trips on smooth roads I really don't care for drama in my life as I feel that the less drama the more time I have to be happy. I don't know what it is about the rain but I love it, strong winds, lightning, I enjoy watching it, to me it refreshes my soul. Honesty, Moral Support, Loyalty Caring, loving and Commitment those are the things I would cherish in a woman.....

I really don't express myself well in writing without being asked some specific questions...I hope you understand...Distance diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and blows up the bonfire...Never have distance in consideration....the greatest distance lies in the heart.I am presently in West Africa working on a job contract here, and my kids are also here with me I will be jhere for some few weeks then back to the states.

I will be looking forward to your next email.. Whats your Phone # do you get txt messages in it? I can try to text you sometime... I will be looking forward to talk with you soon.
Carl

After talking with him for a week, he was expressing how he had undying love for me and how he knew we were meant to spend the rest of our lives together... we were one ... he dreamed about me...etc.

This is his last email to me before asking me for money...

I know this may sound cliché' but to be honest you changed my life. From the moment I saw you I knew you were a gift from God. You constantly shower me with unconditional love and you always know the right words to say to make my heart melt... Just looking at your is picsture enough to make me happy. My life is now full of promise, every day is worth looking forward to, and it’s all because of you. You made me become a better person. I never thought I could love someone the way I love you now. I know you hear this all the time, but I want to tell you again and again that I truly love you and my life would never be the same without you. I miss you every day.

Ever since you walked into my life I have been smiling. There hasn't been a night when I have gone to sleep with a frown on my face, and it's all because of you. Honey, I am glad that you came into my life. I have always wanted the love of my life to be understanding, loving, caring, and faithful. I wanted someone who would accept me for who I am. I know that I’ve found that person in you. My heart told me that my princess was there when I first said hello to you. I didn't have to think twice when I told you I Love You for the first time.. I knew that you were the perfect match for me. I don't think that there is, or that there ever could be, anyone better than you out there for me.

I love you with my whole heart. I have never trusted anyone the way I trust you. Sometimes I even doubt myself, but I know I will never doubt you because you are my true love. I know deep down inside that you will never break my heart or let me down in any way.

Thank you for everything, honey. I pray to God every day to bless you with everything you deserve. I will love you until the end of time.

I will never let you down baby... I Love you so much yours always and forever.... Love Carl..

Here is the text of our IM where he asked me for money...

sunbabiyu: :(:(:(
sunbabiyu: :(:(:( I am waiting on you baby
sunbabiyu: I am very very very :(:(:(:(:( Now.
hey baby...i'm here:x
me: how can i help?
me: i love you carl
sunbabiyu: I love you too baby.. Honey somethig bad happened today and it was made me sad and did not make me have a good day at all
me: what happened love... i'm sorry
sunbabiyu: Philip Fell down from the Step of the Hotel we are in and he Broke his hand.
me: is it bad?
sunbabiyu: Yea..
sunbabiyu: The have to Operate the hand.. So that he can get better..
me: oh baby...i'm so sorry
sunbabiyu: And they said i should pay $3400, And I have paid $1400 as its not pay day yet and i dont have anything on me now.. SO i wanted to ask if you could loan me some funds and i will pay you back as soon as i a back home....
me: i wish i could help... i really do but i don't have those kinds of funds on hand either... i'm sorry:( can you take an advnce on your credit card
sunbabiyu: My Credit card wont work here and they dont even take credit card. They accept Cash here..
sunbabiyu: Baby you dont have to pay Everything. Any amouth you could help with will do something.
sunbabiyu: Try your best
me: i don't know what to say... i don't even have enough money to pay my bills this month... my son owes me some money & i was going to try to get what he owes me just so i can pay my bills... i don't get paid til next week... it seems like they should give you credit until you get paid... is philip in the hospital now?
sunbabiyu: I will get my check when i am done with work.. And yea Philip is at the Hospital Now.. He is Under and intensive care.. Baby will you be able to help?? I can talk with them to wait till next week if you will be able to help in anyways.. My sons healt is important to me baby. If i had i would not have asked you.. But since we are ONE and i cant hide anything from you, thats why i told you ... I love you baby ..
sunbabiyu: I am really sad nwow
me: i love you too and i would help if i could.. what is the name of the hospital & where is it?
sunbabiyu: Up Town and its in... Clem Road.
me: how soon does philip need the surgery?
sunbabiyu: Monday.
me: can you give me the phone # for the hospital? i'm not sure how i can help from here if they don't take credit cards...
sunbabiyu: Hold on let me check
me: ok
sunbabiyu: 011 234 802 278 8543 The Dr's Name is Mark.
sunbabiyu: When are you going to call him?
me: Mark ??? does he have a last name?
sunbabiyu: Mark Anderson

I did not send him any money as that was an immediate red flag to me.. nor do I have any more contact with him but I want others to be aware that he is a scammer.

erosebud
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Carl Koestner, sunbabiyu@yahoo.com

Postby red zora on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:32 pm

http://profiles.yahoo.com/sunbabiyu

Carl

* Männlich(male)
* Louisville, Kentucky

Mitglied seit(member since): 25.01.2009
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5149
LEAVE YOUR SCAMMER WITHOUT WORDS,TELL HIM NOTHING!!!
How to use this board? Have a look here
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=63
red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby red zora on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:43 pm

Hello and welcome,
I'm glad you did not lost some money. Thank you for posting it will help some other potential victims :)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5149
LEAVE YOUR SCAMMER WITHOUT WORDS,TELL HIM NOTHING!!!
How to use this board? Have a look here
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=63
red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby passionaterelife on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:52 pm

erosebud,
Thank you SOOOOOO much for the report. I recently met Carl on another dating web site. i'm just getting to know hin, but the minute he said he was traveling to Nigeria I got suspiscous and googled his name, and lo and behold this article came up. Thank you very much in that I won't have to invest any time or emotion in getting to know him. He used a whole differnt set of pics, though. I can't believe he uses his real name. well thanks again.

passionaterelife
passionaterelife
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby dotti on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:11 pm

Glad neither of you was scammed!

He is not using his real name. The name is German, he is African. He just picked a name and is using it for multiple profiles.
dotti
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby savedbyagooglesearch on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:02 am

Carl Koestner has changed his email (Carl from Zoosk kostcarl@yahoo.com) and contacted me today via Zoosk.com and the email was the same. I went back to Zoosk and lo' and behold his profile has been deleted. I'm glad I listened to that gut feeling that told me to Google his name... plus there were just too many oddities in his email and his English is spotty at best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
kostcarl at y a h o said
Hi ,
How are you doing? I believe in the existency of love and i am sure one can always get it despite what others must have done and the treatment they've given me in my quest for true love, well i've got more to tell you, but just will like to seek your attention in getting to know me and myself getting to know you better, i've gone through your profile and i like it and decided to email you so that we can both communicate better, if you think you care to get along with with me, never hesitate to reply me back as we can both chat more online and talk more better, hope to read back from you soon.. I dont come on this site much so you can contact me at kostcarl at y a h o o . c o m

Carl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To: kostcarl@yahoo.com
Received: Thursday, August 12, 2010, 6:44 PM

Hi Carl,

I've looked at your profile and am intrigued.

{Me}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello Dear.. How are you doing?? Thank you for the email.. I want you to know that i have a lot of interest in you and would really like to get to know you and see where things will go from there..Here is a little about myself. I am a single father of of two loving kids, One boy and a Girl. Philip 4yrs And Monica 6yrs they both are one of the most important thing in my life i cant do without them, I have been single for 3yrs now and i believe its time for me too look for the right woman after the death of my wife.. she died of cancer of the lungs,i have not had any luck on the site as i am new and hoping to get a good result from our conversation..

First i dont want a one night stand as that as never come on my mind,I want a woman who will love me for me and be together for the rest of our lives, I cant imagine ending a relationship then start to look for another one.. Thats not the kind of man i am i want a relationship that will last till the end of time....I will do everything it takes to make it up to her i believe i have a lot of love in me to give to the right woman when she comes my way..I live in Calif Adelanto but originally from London England.. After work i take some time in the pool with my Kids,.. My goal is to find the right woman for me and make her happy the way i want to be happy.

I work as a Construction Engineer into Road and Building Construction, I love my job and i am glad to be doing it,its makes me happy and gives me joy to be doing it.. I am presently in West Africa working on a job contract here. I will be here for few weeks and then back home.. So if you will still like to communicate kindly write me back..

Well You can also tell me as i have told you i know there is still alot we will talk about.. Looking forward to your next email.. Carl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Needless to say I'm not falling for his scam.
savedbyagooglesearch
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:58 pm

I am glad you found this site and were saved. BTW, you have a wonderful username: "savedbyagooglesearch". This pretty much sums up our efforts. This is what this site is for: to get all info in google and save people by google searches.
Marisa
Site Admin

Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:13 am

http:/ /www.ukdating.com/SUNBABIYU
same pic
48 / Male
Current Family: 2 children
Drinking Habits: Drink Occasionally
Driving: Have my own car
Drugs: Don't Take Drugs
Eating Habits: No dietary requirements
Education: Bachelors Degree
Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Usethisplace on Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:13 am

Ok, ladies and gents.... :D

This idiot still uses the same name!!! New e-mail is: carlkoestner10@yahoo.com
I was dealing with a hand full of scammers, and yohh, came accross a VERY ATTRACTIVE PIC and ADDY in Girls date for free dating site, browsing the US.

As it is not yet here, I'll add it right away, what a pic! Click on it to see full size... :-o
[img]

[/img]

Ok, very much to my dismay, rest follows (addy + emails).
I've been in love with the pic and the add for ONE WHOLE DAY AND NIGHT....
then something rang in my ear told here:
"too good to be true...."
It made me :thinking: and well googled him up....and came out here in this file!!!
Oh.... I was pissed off :cry: but EXTREMELY GRATEFUL. :kissing:
I remembered then his reaction, actually the :liar: got angry, when I wrote with an allusion to his chat-up line:
New Year Present!
Me:
Maybe you're only looking for a nice lady locally to spend the New Year Evening with...

:liar: :liar: :liar: not at all, he was looking for someone to spend the rest of his life with! And he was not sure if I was the one etc. That phrase...well... :thinking:

Ok here we go, I wont go further, read the file, know now that this one quickly asks for money, well...

In stead of being the man I'll spend the rest of my life with happy ever after he gives me work ----ohhhh :cry:

his pseudo goes:

FRED_8973

chat-up line:
New Year Present!

Town
Carson City, Nevada, US
My height
6' 0 (1.83m)

My hair color
Light Brown
My eyes
Brown
My body type
Medium

In their own words
I'm a born optimist, happy, enthusiastic, tolerant, confident, kind, and sensitive with a good sense of humor. Extremely active, love sports and everything to do with the great outdoors. Spend a lot of my free time on the beach.I love nature, and animals.I also need my fill of cities and culture and fine-dining.Successful at work and well on the road to financial independence, which should open a whole new chapter of adventure and discovery in my life.I am a very passionate person. I enjoy what I do (most of the time) & do it to my best ability. Whether that be personal or work related.I view all aspects in a 360 degree but generally look at the positive side of things. I believe negativity simply brings you down as a person and you tend to close your mind with that approach. I tend to watch others and take away the good from them.I'm not a bar scene person and am drug free. Honesty and integrity are very important things to me. I would really like to meet that special woman guess thats why most of us are here. Physically: I'm tall, fit, and good-looking. I wear my hair short. I don't care much for fashion and trends, preferring jeans and t-shirts and casual clothes. But I know how to dress up when I have to, and sometimes I even enjoy it

In brief...

My roots
White-Caucasian :lol:
My faith
Christian
My education
College
My income
<£100,000 :twisted: :thinking:
Housing
- Not Given -

How often do you drink?
Social
Do you smoke?
No
Do you have children?
No (This time no, and said he was divorced)
Do you want children?
Not sure
Industry
- Not Given -
Employment
Self Employed

My first mail:

Subject: Your expectations
What are your expectations concerning a partner?
Thanks
X.

His short reply:

• Sent: Tue, 28 Dec
Subject: Re: Your expectations
Hi,Did you read my profile?Its all there..You can read my profile and contact me again soon,

Regards

Carl

Me, very enthousiastic:

• Sent: Wed, 29 Dec
Subject: Your profile etc

Hi Carl,

I was happy to receive a line. Well,its really all there in your profile...ON YOU, and that's why I'm writing to you. I had read it actually!
I've read it again now several times, looked at the picture, your attitude comes over in the pic, the different blues of the sea are also very beautiful, where is it by the way...your face is though a bit hidden by the sunglasses..
I swear the only line on who your're searching is something like: like everyone I guess i'm looking for that "someone special".
And then again you give more descriptions on yourself. In a way that is very sweet and also useful for who reads you of course.

So I like very much what you write about yourself. I like when you write you try to look 360 degree and yet focus on the positive. I like your're passionate about your work aso I like a lot of things the same. Nature, animals, culture (arts), I used to work very hard (here for xxxxx), no smoke, no drugs, no bar scene.
I grew up two kids, did my best to make them happy and honest, they're hardworking now (daughter, 30 is graphist, son, 22, still studying informatics). I'm for practical reasons living with my son for the moment, but we both know I need a new life and he has to build his own future. I've been contacted here by many, but it's the Belgian scene. Either arrogant or retired or something. I dont take the mistress role, which is here very generously offered.

I know I can't afford to "dream away". I said to myself stop interacting with US profiles, now I've browsed you anyway and look. Well its not only dream, because you have a lot of qualities that are beautiful and absolutely trustworthy. :thinking: (on my cloud...) he must have copied this add somewhere at a good source.

I want to lead an active and happy live and love once more and be a partner.
I dont want to make this too long, you know I'm here in Europe, Brussels, worked for the xxxxxxx for years?
I'd wish there was a way, well its not completely impossible, its a bit daring.

I'll see if you will reply again...(...cross my fingers)

Kind regards,

xxxxx

Me, again!

Subject: Again forgive me

Hi Carl,

Oh now I'm worrying because I sent you this long mail a few hours ago.
I'm really enthousiastic, so glad to find a profile of someone active and sporty with no expectations to share passion for Motorbike, fishing, camping, and mud...like so many..ouf
I like the white single, Your shape is just nice, not too exagerated, no visible tatoos neither. Why did you put yourself in front of this beautiful sea scenery, all shades or turquoise and transparent and reflections and all, I mean that reflects on you, you enhance the "want to dream". You must get a lot of messages...

I was also wondering if you weren't just looking local for some nice lady to spent New-year eve with or so. Its your perfect right of course. :cool:

Am I stupid to make all this fuss here, forgive me.

Ask me something, at least I'll have an "excuse" to write!

Kind regards,

xxxxx

His "generous" reply...with his mail (voilà)

Subject: Re: Your profile etc
Hello xxxxx
How are you doing?Thanks for all the long emails,I was nice to read from someone like you.There was not much written in your profile,thanks for sharing a little in the email.I am not looking for a woman to spend New Years's eve with as you think rather I am looking for someone to share the rest of my life with.Are you the one?I dont know!I wont know until we make connection....If its meant to be the distance wont matter really..Dont hesistate to contact me at carlkoestner10@yahoo.com
Kind Regards
Carl

As he can be ranged into the dangerous :twisted: , for me this was it. :cry: :D

But does this one not write quite dry, is it the same as above, not sure... :silly:
Usethisplace
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Alessandro Woods less_woods@hotmail.com less_woods@yahoo.com

Postby Mad.about.you.2day on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Using the name Alessandro Woods, Alex Woods and an email of Less_woods@hotmail.com
Also on facebook - who knows if that is real or not - not a lot of "friends" to date

Uses numbers in the Los Angeles area, the UK and Nigeria

Geologist, gems specialist, GIA certifier etc.etc.

Purportedly Italian from Milan, previously married to an Irish woman who "he" caught with her first love after 10 years of marriage, supposed son age 15 in the UK, has problems with the company so has to do a mining job for them, of course has problems at the mine, comments on why the world hates Afrikans, has accent - EU but not quite on enough to recognize where exactly it may be from, muddled english.

Various headers over time

Mad.about.you.2day
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Alex W

Postby Ralph Warner on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi Mad.about.you.2day and welcome

Thank you for posting these details, could you please also post the IP addresses / headers and some of the emails that you received.

The more details you can provide the better chance there is that your post will save somebody else from being scammed.

Our FAQ will answer most of your questions but if there is anything else please ask
"Thou shall read thy FAQ" CLICK HERE for salvation
Has your scammer sent you to any websites, it may have been fake Click Here to find out more
Ralph Warner
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Alessandro Woods; less_woods@yahoo.com

Postby Myra on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:36 pm

less_woods@yahoo.com
is also in use

Alessandro Woods
Age 46
from Los Angeles, CA
Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mad.about.you.2day on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Looks like the same guy in the photo, doesn't it. I think there was a cat in another photo as well as one with a dog on the beach, looks like a bichon or poodle. I found it also on hotmail but could not grab a copy of it.

Facebook has one under this name which is the side profile sent earlier.

Wonder if the poor guy whose photo is being used is even aware of it? Those are the folks I feel sorry for.
Mad.about.you.2day
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ralph Warner on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Sometimes the people in the pictue know, other times they dont, there is little we can do for them besides make sure we have posts with the truth about them being innocent.

It's a good reminder about why everyone needs to be careful about what they post online
"Thou shall read thy FAQ" CLICK HERE for salvation
Has your scammer sent you to any websites, it may have been fake Click Here to find out more
Ralph Warner
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mad.about.you.2day on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:50 pm

X-Originating-IP: [69.22.179.214]
Mad.about.you.2day
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Next

Return to White Males