It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Arrigo Carlo <arrigocarlo368@yahoo.com>

African scammers posing as white men.
IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Carey; <mccloycarey@gmail.com>

Postby IceFM » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:37 am

careymccloy

Sexuality: Bisexual
Looking for: Marriage
State, City: manchester
Marital status: Divorced
Children: I have 1-2 children living elsewhere
Religion: Christian
Education: PhD

Personal Description:

I am a nice and cool headed man,i am sincere in all that i do,i am also a hardworking man...my hobbies are sports i love playing golf and sometimes lawn tennis.

146.185.28.59 ...... from the Bad IP-List here

EU-100TB-TB516
Hosting Services Inc
517 W. 100 N, Suite # 225
Providence UT 84332
US

Yahoo avatar

...... Gorge Apolio in vk.com ---> vk.com/id239705828

....... in Tagged

Mccloy C
Zuletzt aktiv:vor 6 Tagen
Tagline:
Who is the right one for me?

Milan, Italy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re:

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:43 pm

=> B, same pic:

Mccloy Carey, 52
Bath, South West England, United Kingdom
I'm here to date with guys, older than 41
Languages:English
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:11 pm

........ Profile Pic from the evening

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

playing the scammers
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Arrigo Carlo <arrigocarlo368@yahoo.com>

Postby playing the scammers » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:05 am

well the pictures are back with a new name :mrgreen:

supposed name: Haggitt J
tagged profile: http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid= ... =2&fpa=pic

will post more info as i get it

REMEMBER: PLEASE DO NOT PLAY WITH THESE SCAMMERS!!! immediately block them from communicating with you
Knowledge is power and we have it :cool:

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Monterisi John, monterisijohn@hotmail.com

Postby Bix » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:11 pm

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010287150320
Monterisi Jr John
MD at Self-Employed
Self-Employed
Studied at London Business School
From London, United Kingdom

gmail here...
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=92235
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 63#p457463
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

afassetta
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Arthur Hampus

Postby afassetta » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:48 pm

I have just scrolled through these pages. I was contacted by the same person using pictures of Dr. Smith. He was going by the name of Arthur Hampus. I don't see that name showing up here in any forum. His seduction was the same as all others so I won't repeat here. He said he was a widower with a 12 year old daughter living in Wales as he worked as a Civil Engineer here in Houston. 52 years old. (Sorry Dr. Smith) We texted and used Yahoo Messenger for a long while. Then we were going to meet and he suddenly had to go to India to secure a contract, etc. We did not talk on the phone until 2 months later when his 'daughter' was in an accident and in the hospital. Yes, he/they are very clever. And I tried at least once a week to google him and follow every link to his name I could find but all checked out as he said. Very, very smart. And while I am in the 'target' age range, I am by no means computer illiterate having working in IT for a major oil company in Houston for 22 years before retirement. I thought I was protecting myself. It's a long story but after his 'daughter' was injured, he needed money. I did lose some money, not a huge amount. But small amounts over a 9 month period. The whole scam lasted 11 months. I was getting suspicious in the last 2 months and stepped up my efforts to prove he was fake or not. The one piece of knowledge I did not possess was how to google an IMAGE. It wasn't something we did at work and I had never needed to do it. But one day I read a reference to 'googling' an image and I sat down and did just that. I was amazed. It led me to this site. And the rest is history. Painful but history. The images were of Dr. Mark Smith and the daughter's was of Dr. Smith's niece. Yes, it hurt. And like Dr. Smith said in a post here it wasn't the money or the scam (hey, I'm human), it was the loss of something I thought I had found. I was just coming off of a 30 year relationship and I needed to feel that love again. But lesson learned. All of the images I have are already on here. I have never seen his name associated with any other scams. Which I think is odd. I will provide any information I still have if you need it. As of now he has a Badoo account, a Linkedin account and a Google+ account all under Arthur Hampus. I have reported it. I have also had around 5-10 fake profiles taken off of FB but as you say they pop up as quickly as you report them. You cannot do anything about the Google+ fake accounts if you are not Dr. Smith. He is the only one who can request removal. I even had a fake profile with Dr. Smith picture show up in my "People You May Know" feed on FB just the other day...LOL... I reported it. I do believe though that IF FACEBOOK HAD LEFT DR. SMITH'S PAGES ALONE, IT WOULD HAVE/STILL WOULD PREVENT A LOT OF SUFFERING. If you want any other information, just let me know.
Last edited by Myra on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected subject line

afassetta
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby afassetta » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:40 am

Thank you. I will heal I know. I am very resilient. It is just hard to be deceived as you well know. You have to fight the heartache and the tendency to blame yourself. But it can be overcome. This started on October 3, 2014 and it ended on August 31, 2015 when I told him goodbye in an email and then blocked everything from him. Almost 2 months on, I am doing very much better. I will survive and thrive....wiser than before. I have a good support system and a large family. I just feel so bad for those who don't have that to support them through the bad times. And I feel bad for Dr. Smith, a totally innocent victim of these scum. I want to thank you for being there because I think the worse thing is not having anyone to talk to about it. I mean someone who could understand. I can't talk to my children because they look up to me and I don't want them to think me a fool. I raised them as a single mom for most all their life. I don't think myself a fool but I couldn't stand if they did. So thank you for being there for all of us. It means more than you probably know.

"I have been to the puppet show and I have seen the strings."

Here are the Skype ID's I have...
arthur.hampus
281-849-4995

coolmartyy17
Perth, Au

His email was arthurhampus@gmail.com

At one point, I sent some money to Paris, France and then to Johannesburg, SA
The phone numbers I had were 281-849-4995 (which he said was disconnected) and then 713-999-3237.
He also had an international number +447937420510.

Whenever I sent money, it was always to another person. Several in fact. If their names would help, I could look them up. I kept every receipt I had..

That's all I have...

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:43 am

G+
Arthur Hampus
8 followers|6,280 views
plus.google.com/114565826065212307230/posts
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Arthur Hampus - arthurhampus@gmail.com

Postby Igulinka » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:28 pm

afassetta

Yes please post the all mules information so scammers won't be able to use them again. Also file IC3 complaint with FBI via link: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx . Store all the evidence of the scam.

SKYPE ID: coolmartyy17
Name: Arthur Martin Hampus
IP not found.

Phone Number (281) 849-4995 Is Valid VoIP from Houston TX
Phone Number (713) 999-3237 Is Valid VoIP from Houston TX
Phone Number +44-7937-420510 - mobile with UK area code ( redirected from anywhere in the world)

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Smithjeff852@yahoo.com

Postby Igulinka » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:39 pm

meetme.com/member/134814098
Jeff Patrick

52, Male
New York, New York

afassetta
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby afassetta » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:53 pm

Okay,

Jesse Johnson in Paris, France
Nikita Nozuko Diwu in South Africa This person has a FB account but no info or picture.
Atiti Sunday Otaigbe in South Africa.
Paul Irorere in Nigeria
David Anthony in India
Sindisiwe Tamara Khumalo in South Africa
Jackson Adebayo Olatunde in Kenya and South Africa
Mattew Jim in Nigeria
Muziwakhe Wilson Khumalo in South Africa
Charles Adams in India
Kelvin Osahon Irorere in South Africa
Paul Irorere in South Africa

The 2 in bold were the ones used most. If you know the real identity of any of these scammers, I would like to be told.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:11 am

afassetta

We will never know their real identities due to the huge disorganization after The Biafrian war when tones of documents got destroyed and in between it a lot of the official records. It isn't uncommon for people to run about with 3-4 different Nigerian passports and no one thinks anything is wrong. It is easy for someone that doesn't want to be found to swap names. To arrest someone they have to commit a crime that is recognized in the country where they are physically and you have to be a member of a nation with a mutual extradition treaty. You also have to have very good evidence that you are after the right person. Countries are very reluctant to deport one of their own unless you can prove 1000% you have the right person.

What you need to do is file IC3 ( link in my previous post) and as soon as you will get confirmation number and password from FBI you should try to contact South African Police - a cyber crime unit. You should call them up or try to email your report with IC3 complaint number included. South African police is able to access international data base and view the report. Perhaps there is more of those names at other victims reports and they may initiate investigation.

The next step is to contact WU and MG ( not sure which of those you used to send money ) on their websites and request the transfer inquiry where and who picked up the money. I know that is almost impossible to get those reports without a court subpoena, but I was able to get it after I wrote that I was a victim of the scam and filed IC3 and need to have that info in my report. Good luck to you and I am sorry what you going through. It will get better soon.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Arthur Hampus on Skype

Postby Myra » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:37 am

3 profiles

not a single profile yielded an IP

afassetta
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Arthur Hampus (photos of Dr. Smith)

Postby afassetta » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:52 am

He also had a Yahoo Messenger account martoffice47.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

martoffice47@yahoo.com

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:15 pm

avatar yahoo of martoffice47@yahoo.com is:

=> S: Martin Adamsn, Toronto, ON, Canada, martoffice47; avatar well known
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Return to “White Males”