It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Scammers with pictures of Maj. Chris Haggard

African scammers posing as military personnel.
Juster8232
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Gary Haggard, garyhaggard50@hotmail.com

Postby Juster8232 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:30 am

Hi everyone,

I think I got scam too. By a guy name Gary Haggard. He was on a gay site called Adam4Adam his username is mayflower50. He still active on there for now. He seem like a cool guy he contact me last month. I'm a young man of 32 I usually just talk to people I had people ask me for money. I never give them money at all. The funny thing is he never asked me money or to sent anything to him. We were talking like any normal person would talk through email to get to know each other. I thought he was a real solider he sent me face pictures of himself. Some of them are the same pictures you all have posted on this site. His yahoo email is garyhaggard50@hotmail.com We been talking since about March 9th then talked through yahoo email March 12. He never asked me for money he kept saying that he looked forward to meeting me when he return home this summer. That he was leaving the army after I think it was 32 years in the arm services. The other day he contact me again saying he got money in a brief case as a gift for saving a man's wife and daughter from a bomb attack. That he told the man he couldn't take it. But the man told him that he needs to take it. That his commander told him he needed to take money off the base. He said he didn't have anyone he could trust back home he wanted me look after for him. I didn't think I was been scam that I was helping a solider out.

But I did have some red flags go up I asked him if he had any friends or family that could look after it. When he got home to receive. Why have a stranger he only been talking through email for month look after a gift of money for him. At first I did say no I didn't feel comfortable taking care of someone else property that I didn't know outside of the internet. But I didn't think I was getting scam I thought he was who he said he was. I wrote him back said I'd help him and will receive the package for him. I gave him my name, address, email and the only number I did give him was my cell number not my home number. He told me I would be receive email by someone in the courier service. I did get email from a man name Jeffery Woods, who is said to be a Diplomat he would update me on the package that was sent by Sgt Gary Haggard. I wonder if this could be true that someone who I just being talking online really wanted to sent someone he never meet in person yet. To be trusted with money he receive from helping save a man's family to a person he just been talking to for few weeks. I decided to type in Sgt Gary Haggard name and I found some links and found this site it had the same guy pictures. Again he never asked me for money but few days ago he did ask me for my information to sent a package to me. I should have listen to my gut and said no like I did at first. But my heart got the better of me I thought I was helping someone who served our country out. Now wish I didn't give him my information. So what do I do now since he has my full name and address? But I did not give him my home number just my a cell number. But realize anybody can search someone name and home address online. I even google search my parents and found their names and home address and home phone number. I told my mother about my problem. She said you didn't give this person anything like your bank number or anything I said no. Just my name and address and phone number for this so called "package". My mom said there was nothing I could do but wait and see if anyone is using my name and address for something. She said anyone can go online and look up a person name and steal information. I just feel really stupid when someone ask for money that I don't know really well. Especially online I don't give them money and end the talks with them. But I thought I was helping someone who assume to be who he was. Hope you guys don't think I was stupid to think he was a real solider that had my trust to watch something for him? Hope I can get some advice on what to do?
Last edited by Igulinka on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected subject line+ highlighted email address inside the post

Gary Haggard, garyhaggard50@hotmail.com

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with pictures of Maj. Chris Haggard

Postby minerva » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:51 am

Welcome to RS :) and thanks for sharing. No you not stupid. You not alone in this matter lot people here every hit the same block like you did, please post all detail that you have such as his email texts with money request, his phone number, recent pics of him than not posted here yet, his skype, etc. All info that you posted will safe other ladies who may be in contact with hm recently and other data will be used for future research. I hope you already stop communicated with him and block hime.
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Juster8232
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Juster8232 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:23 am

Thanks I don't have any new pictures this man sent me. He sent me pretty much the same pictures you all posted on here. But unlike most of you ladies he did NOT ask for money or any credit card information from me. Because if he did try to do that with me. I'd have said No right off the bat. He didn't give me any phone number. I even asked if he had a facebook he said he had it inactive for right now. I didn't think anything of it since most of my friends sometimes inactivate their facebook page sometimes. We just talked like getting to know each other a bit. He talked about how happy he was about getting back to a normal life and getting to know me in person. Finally leaving the army after over thirty year career in the army. Then few weeks went by after just talking. Then a few days ago he was saying he got a gift of money from a man whom wife and daughter he helped saved in a attack. That when he asked if I could do him a favor keep eye on this money for him he would sent it over. When he came back home he would give me 40% of it. He was going to invest the gold bars into real estate property. I told him I didn't want his money. He made me believe he was this man. I thought will he not asking for money from me. He just wants me to watch over a package for him. Like a fool I did go against my better judgment not listen to my voice and gut feeling the first time around. I give him my name, address, and number to receive a package of money. Like I said in my first post. After looking at this site seeing I got scam into believing I was being a good guy and "helping" to look after the package of money for him. I thought to sent this diplomat a message back and saying Sorry change my mind decided not to offer my help in receiving the package. I said I don't know for sure if Sgt Gary Haggard is scamming me or not. But please don't sent this package to my house. I also sent the guy a email back and he reply back through the email I got this after I spoke to him again on the profile site. Here are some of the message he sent me after I decided to change my mind about the package being delivered.

bluej007
(2 hrs ago)
Hi did you get my last yahoo message ?

mayflower50
(2 hrs ago)
Yes i got it and why must you think i'm scamming you?if you can't receive it why talk to me that way?

bluej007
(1 hr ago)
Sorry, I didn't think you were scamming me. But was trying to not think that way. But after I gave you my information I still had those doubts. Since I don't know you yet in person. I wanted to be a good person and help you out. Why not close friends who you can trust? You must have some friends. I have two best friends who I'd give the money too for safe keeping if I was in your situation. Not to a guy I just meet on a "dating site."

mayflower50
(1 hr ago)
Never mind,you aren't wealth my time...Bye!

After his last message to me using his username mayflower50 you can tell he was mad. Maybe because he been figure out too many times? I did block him afterwards so don't know if I should warn the people at Adam4Adam about this or not. If he mainly target the ladies on dating sites. Why is he on gay dating sites for. Targeting gay men?

Here is his last yahoo email he sent me... this was after the adam4adam emails before I block him on that site.

"If you said you don't want to receive it,i understand but i don't like what you told the diplomat if i'm scamming you.What am i scamming me you of?How much do you have that i'll scam you of it?I think you don't wealth my time.Bye and don't bother to respond to my email."

So, should I be worried he has my name, address and cell phone number. I didn't give him my phone number I never give anybody my home phone number. Expect my doctors. But as my mother said there nothing I can do. She even said that anyone can just type your first and last name in and find your mailing information. She said as long as I only gave him my name and address and nothing else like my bank information or credit card information. I should be OK but wait and see what happens. I'm not that stupid but I feel dumb to believe this so called "Gary Haggard"

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Garry Haggard, garyhaggard50@hotmail.com

Postby Igulinka » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:47 pm

Juster8232

Thank you for update. I am very sure other ladies get same prewritten mails . Now can find them reported here and be saved. Do not worry about pictures. Just keep blocking and ignoring impostors :)
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Arnold Haggard, arnold_haggard@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Thu May 14, 2015 5:45 am

waplog
haggard_7
Male , 41 , Divorced
Name Surname: haggard
Lives in United States, ALABAMA
I am seeking a woman that I can leave my life and love with.Someone that I can make my partner forever and be with for the rest of my life.A woman with a sense…
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

dimitrii
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby dimitrii » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:16 pm

CF.

malik
50 / Male / Straight / widow
Joined March 29, 2015. From Las Vegas . Living: Las Vegas, Nevada.

About me
Am new on here looking for only serious real understanding woman with no game

Junkmai:
Wow i like your profile, Am Capatin malik and how are you doing I will love to know more about you and if you are here for serious relationship, I am here looking for real relationship which will lead to true love I am easy going, fun, enjoy few drinks occasionally, love pet. am very good person honestly simply am ready for relationship am looking for woman that is honest and caring, a woman that know what love is! here's my yahoo messenger davidcross185@yahoo.com or you can send me an email so that i can tell you more about me

Acta est fabula.

emeraldshy
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby emeraldshy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:59 am

:thinking: He is on facebook trying to talk to me.. I'm questioning him.. lmaoo he said his first name is haggard from Arizona but in Iraq and will be back in two months. Same pictures. He asked if I'm single yep and I'm a lesbian and no I'm not changing who I am.. He is a trip, because I know he is fake but it's fun responding and getting more lies when I know he is full of it. He can't even type English correctly.

emeraldshy
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby emeraldshy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:10 am

He is on facebook. . New he was a fake soon as he started messaging me.. Arizona but in Iraq and messages coming pretty fast :thinking:
He is on facebook trying to talk to me.. I'm questioning him.. lmaoo he said his first name is haggard from Arizona but in Iraq and will be back in two months. Same pictures. He asked if I'm single yep and I'm a lesbian and no I'm not changing who I am.. He is a trip, because I know he is fake but it's fun responding and getting more lies when I know he is full of it. He can't even type English correctly.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:40 am

emeraldshy

Please don't question scammers too much because it is not good for the victims. They only educate themselves by any unnecessary conversations. The most important is to get their email address , phone number, SKYPE ID , money requests if any and then after reporting BLOCK and IGNORE. Please remember they are cyber criminals and hackers.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

323-813-6535

Postby Bix » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:03 am

person.com
USER ID: 8253659
Nickname: mason3
Name: idleman123
State/Region: Utah
City: Utahna
Distance: 4861 ml (7822 km)

am a christian man that has a strong faith in Jesus Christ. I am looking for the same in a woman to take that walk with together! I am looking for someone that has strong family values. Is honest, kind, loving and affectionate. I want to spend the rest of my day's with my best friend who will love me and be loved unconditionally. Someone to share the ups and downs of my life and know that I am there for him too.I am looking for someone real. Somebody that isn't afraid to say i am sorry. I will do the same for her. Someone to laugh and have fun with. I am looking for someone that i can feel safe with and be myself. Someone to pray and study Gods word with. I am looking for the one that God has chosen for me! someone that i can feel safe with and be myself. Someone to pray and study Gods word with. I am looking for the one that God has chosen for me! you can call or email me 3238136535 or ************************ you can text me anytime you free okay. am also on viber.

Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

James Barrista, 323-813-6535

Postby Bix » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:47 pm

person.com
Nickname: hopewillcome1
Name: James Barrista
State/Region: Utah
City: Salt Lake City
I love random road trips, traveling the world, and experiencing different cultures. My family and faith are very important to me. I'm looking for someone who can be my lover and best friend. I am a hard working, quirky, outgoing, fun loving person who loves to laugh and have a great time. I'm looking for someone who's honest, respectful, has a great sense of humor and goofy personality.My friends would say I'm loyal, funny, easy to get along with, sarcastic, quirky, responsible, and having my life together. I'd like to meet someone that is funny and that I can just laugh with.
I am a christian man that has a strong faith in Jesus Christ. I am looking for the same in a woman to take that walk with together! I am looking for someone that has strong family values. Is honest, kind, loving and affectionate. I want to spend the rest of my day's with my best friend who will love me and be loved unconditionally. Someone to share the ups and downs of my life and know that I am there for him too.I am looking for someone real. Somebody that isn't afraid to say i am sorry. I will do the same for her. Someone to laugh and have fun with. I am looking for someone that i can feel safe with and be myself. Someone to pray and study Gods word with. I am looking for the one that God has chosen for me! someone that i can feel safe with and be myself. Someone to pray and study Gods word with. I am looking for the one that God has chosen for me! you can call or email me 3238136535

gtz
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby gtz » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:04 am

He sent me a friend request on Facebook. I did not recognize his picture,and I had a feeling he might be a scammer. Low and behold, I checked his picture and here I am.
Name: John Haggard

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010506005698

Be smart, stay informed but don't confront your scammer.

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

James Haggard, james.haggard1233@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:43 pm

matchdoctor
jameshaggard
50-year-old Male
Seeking Women: 45 - 60
Tampa, Florida, United States
Last Activity: Today
Am Haggard and a staff sergeant. Am a single parent and love my son so much. Am the out going type and i will like to meet understandable woman to date and marry when back from my last mission. AM E-6 staff Sergeant at US Army

Am Haggard and a single parent military man. Am a widowed for 12years now and now ready to re establish myself and build a beautiful family. I hope am contacting you in a good mood and hope we can get to know each other well before anything serious comes in.
Hugs
Haggard

I uploaded a picture but was not proved till now. I dont know why. let me have your email so we talk there if you dont mind.
Mine is james.haggard1233@yahoo.com

yahoo

michel.seignette-de-kerobert
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby michel.seignette-de-kerobert » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:21 am

The e-mail address used by this "fake" military scammer is frankdavenport111@gmail.com He targets mature men on Adam4Adam.com

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:02 am

Thanks for the update :) I hope you not send him any money. If you still have other info feel free to post them.

frankdavenport111@gmail.com --> G+
Frank davenport111
1 follower
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Return to “Military scams”