It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:37 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

scammers with pictures of Gen. John Abizaid

African scammers posing as military personnel.
Muguhunter
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Muguhunter » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:40 pm

pictures are stolen from General John Abizaid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Abizaid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

soulmate.kevin@yahoo.com

caringman123 on udate

email soulmate.kevin@yahoo.com

IP 41.210.45.118

Claims to be 56 y/o guy from New York, Manhattan. Of course a widow with a 12 years old son. The same crap!!
Please do NOT send PMs to me because I am retired!!

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Muguhunter
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Kevin Powell

Postby Muguhunter » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:36 am

Another pic of the same poor guy with a new story on the same site.

Now it is happyman-1992 on Udate. His email is kellycobet.uk@live.com

HAPPYMAN-1992: hello pretty one (Jun14,11:08)
You: Hi! How are you? (Jun14,11:10)
HAPPYMAN-1992: am doing good and you dear? well my name is kelly ,how about you? (Jun14,11:12)
You: My name is xxxxxx. Nice to meet you Kelly. (Jun14,11:14)
HAPPYMAN-1992: nice to meet you too am a widower are you single than? (Jun14,11:16)
You: Yes I am single. Never been married. Do you have kids? (Jun14,11:21)
HAPPYMAN-1992: oh ic i lose my son for about 9 years these....... what do you do for your living than?am an army officer (Jun14,11:23)
You: I am an engineer working as Contract Manager for a consulting company. (Jun14,11:25)
HAPPYMAN-1992: oh nice my dear....would you like to talk privately as msn to get to know more about each othere? (Jun14,11:27)
You: Ok just give me your email. I will add you (Jun14,11:28)
HAPPYMAN-1992: kellycobet.uk@live.com (Jun14,11:32)

Muguhunter
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Kevin Powell soulmate.kevin@yahoo.com

Postby Muguhunter » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm

This time, he is happyman2221 on udate and his email is kellyjahson@yahoo.com
(Deleted duplicate pics)AN

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Re: Kevin Powell, soulmate.kevin@yahoo.com

Postby Marisa » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:07 am

on DMF:

elinopolga
- 56 y/o male
- new york, USA
- English, English, English
- military
- Have 1 children
- Last logged in: 2009-12-24 18:37:57
- ID: 133366

Description:
Warmhearted, down to earth, sweet, good humored, affectionate, family oriented, bubbly, faithful, has a loving nature and caring heart are just a few of my characteristics. I can`t promise that I can be everything a woman could ask for but willing to do my best. I love life and try to live it to the fullest everyday with lots of laughs and many smiles.Keeping in touch with my family is important and I value the time I spend with them. I'm seeking a true friendship and a solid relationship. Life has much to offer and there is so much I want to experience with someone while growing old with that person. Someone I can share my day, share dreams with, make goals and work together to achieve them. A person that I look forward to seeing and can't stop thinking about when I'm not with her.

Ideal match description:
Still searching for that special someone who desires to develop a meaningful relationship,loves kids and would like to have my son as her own son, someone to be friends with first and hopefully it will lead to something special. A good woman with morals and family values, has a positive attitude,faithful,good humored, willing to work at keeping a relationship alive and growing everyday, and who would like to spend a lifetime together. A person who desires a strong and deep love relationship; a monogamous relationship for life. I'd like to fall asleep and wake up next to the same woman for the rest of my life

junkmail:
hi dearest hope you are well i just saw your profile and thought you will be the right person for me to hook up with and loving and very open gentleman,get in touch now on christianbizaid@live.com so we can have a wonderful chat and take time to know each other well

SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:36 am

SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

camelion
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

marvin-smith@live.co.uk

Postby camelion » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:38 am

http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5434054567" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Marvin SMarvin S Thursday, 1 January 1970 11:00:00 AM
Marvin S has no status :(
Marvin S
Last Active: 10 hours ago
Profile Views: 1042 times
Profile Skin: Default
Tagline: Looking for a soul mate

Relationship Status: Single
Interested In: Dating, Serious Relationship
Languages: English
Ethnicity: Caucasian/White
Religion: Catholic
Orientation: Straight

Hi whats up, am marvin, do you mind having a chat

hi whats up, tel me more about you

ok i have sent you a mail, my id is marvin-smith@live.co.uk

no problem, we can talk from there now,

Sent: Wednesday, 14 April 2010 5:40:43 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxx@live.com.au

Hi xxxxxxxx

I am happy you now know who you were talking to, so i guess this time you will send me some pics, i was trying to send mine but my connection is slow, i will try that again. Will be waiting for yours.

Marvin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: marvin-smith@live.co.uk
Subject: RE: Hi
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:16:47 +1030

hi marvin, I anm not sure how you got my email. would you like to tell me if i accepted you as a friend on tagged. I would like to know a bit about you and what your profile is on tagged please. Please tell me about you first and send me some pics of yourself. I may reply to you if I know you and have invited you to be my friend. I like to be careful with who I talk to on the site. I hope you understand. xxxxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To:xxxxxxxxxxx@live.com.au
Subject: Hi
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 11:34:32 +0000

Hi this is marvin from Tagged, i just got your id there so i decided to say hi, tell me more about you and also send me some pictures of you.

RE: Hi‏
Sent: Thursday, 15 April 2010 4:18:33 AM
To: xxxxx@live.com.au

Hixxxxxxx,

For me,Life is good at this point just to hear something from you .. I feel I am a very blessed person. . family values are very important to me. I been very blessed with loving parents.and i lost them long time ago. I hope some day I'll be able to give the love to someone as they gave to each other & to me. I'm in good health.. I enjoy traveling and learning different cultures. I been to many places in this world...

I am shy but outgoing, timid but strong, a loner but loves to be around people. It all depends on who I am with and how familiar or comfortable that I am with them. I am very educated, not necessarily from a collegiate accomplishment level as I am street wise and in tune with my surroundings, making me more often comfortable than anxious.I am called Sergeant Marvin Smith From Maryland US.I was born on March.18,1951 and i am bless with [3]children which only one is staying with me.I have spent a lot of time alone for begin widowed for 5 years because I took a good look and did not like who I saw anymore so I took the time out to get to know myself and change those values and attitudes I did not like and made sure the change was what is me. I have lived a very full life, lived or visited almost every country in the world, had more adventures than I sometimes can remember, but they have all been educational and I am glad they happened and I experienced them.
I think confidence is the greatest asset a person can have, both in themselves and in the environment around them. I like a woman who has achieved self actualization, that is not dwelling on what happened way back when but what could happen today or tomorrow. Those that dwell in the past are not around me very long, I spot them from miles and run fast.

I enjoy dancing, great conversation, intelligence, not necessarily from the academic side, but common sense and the ability to think through things. I like a woman that can carry a conversation and is not afraid to learn or to teach for that matter. I want it all and will not settle for less, but at the same time, want that person that can stop and smell the roses and appreciate the time she has on this earth, knowing it is not forever;
I work in the US Millitary Army In Baghdad,Iraqi and held a position as Sergeant Major.
i was sworn in as the 13th Sergeant Major of the Army on January 15,2004.I have held a variety of leadership position throughout my carees ranging from cavalry scout to command sergeant major.I also serve as the Army Chief of Staff's personal and quality of life.I devotes the majority of my time to traveling throughout the Army .First of all,i entered the Army on June 30,1975.I attended Basic Training and Armor Advance Individual Training at Fort Knox, Kentucky.More over,throughout my 30years career,i served in every enlisted leadership position from cavalry scout and tank commander to the current position as Sergeant Major of the Army.I held as command sergeant major on 3rd Battalion,8th cavalry Regiment,1st Armored Division in Bad Kreuznach,Germany,and V Corps in Heidelberg,Germany and many more.I attended several millitary education which includes Basic Non commissioned Officer's Course,First Sergeant's Course,M1/M1A1 Tank Master,Gunner Course etc.

Well,to my hobbies,I enjoy listening to music, playing music, reading, exploring the city, and watching movies.I had a great romance in the past so I know it is within me to express love and passion. Will you share the adventure of life as we help one another become happier, better people along the way? If you are sincere, smart, and special and i hope you have those qualities and i will be happy to know more about you too okay.Have a nice day and hoping to hear from you soon.

Marvin

Frxxxxxxx@live.com.au
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 20:28:43 +1030

Hi again. well it was good to get your reply but no information about yourself. Please , that would be nice and I will respond to you. Long distance relationships can be very hard so I would like to know how much and what is important to you. what you like. your family situation, work, what you are looking for. Anything that you feel comfortable with telling me or would like me to know. thank------xxxxxx

RE: Hi‏
Sent: Thursday, 15 April 2010 4:41:13 AM
To: xxxxxxx@live.com.au
2 attachments | Download all attachments (79.7 KB)
mar.jpg (67.5 KB), marv.jpg (12.2 KB)

These are some pics of me, i hope you like them, i will send you more later.

Fromxxxxxx@live.com.au
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 20:28:43 +1030

Hi again. well it was good to get your reply but no information about yourself. Please , that would be nice and I will respond to you. Long distance relationships can be very hard so I would like to know how much and what is important to you. what you like. your family situation, work, what you are looking for. Anything that you feel comfortable with telling me or would like me to know. thanks maylee

To:xxxxxxxxx@live.com.au
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:10:43 +0000

Hi xxxxxx,

I am happy you now know who you were talking to, so i guess this time you will send me some pics, i was trying to send mine but my connection is slow, i will try that again. Will be waiting for yours.

Marvin

X-Originating-IP: [41.218.193.146]

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Sun May 23, 2010 9:15 pm

my soulmate now :D, on BigChurch
sent me flowers and a wink

tockmy
54, Male
Miami, Florida
Compatibility: 5 stars

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Sun May 23, 2010 11:58 pm

Myra, you're a shameless 12 timing hussy and female philanderer! :mrgreen:
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

janex69
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

GENERAL JOHN ABIZAID

Postby janex69 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:10 am

GENERAL JOHN ABIZAID

Just how many times have i come accross his stolen pictures????? :mrgreen:

These are all saved from old profiles on person.com!

One is still active
http://person.com/personals.phtml?user_id=3574063" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

USER ID: 3574063
Nickname: Willdaneil
Name: Danil
State/Region: New York
City: New York

Details:
Good day lady my name is daneil 50years of age I am here on this dating seeking to meet some one upright and God fearing :roll: to build a serious long term relationship with..I need an understanding guy who is caring,tender hearted,psychologically aware and also very serious in life.I also take things serious and important in life...I really love a good relationship in life so u want to meet a man who is also ready for that i am here i hope can talked and no more about each other

Last edited by Arabian Nights on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: image not available
No, Mugu! I don't want to be your friend!!!

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: GENERAL JOHN ABIZAID

Postby Myra » Mon May 24, 2010 1:59 am

..I need an understanding guy who is caring,tender hearted,psychologically aware and also very serious in life
I didn't know anything about his sexual preferences as:
The United States prohibits LGBT service members from serving openly under the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy. Service members who remain closeted are allowed to serve, but investigation into a member's sexuality without suspicion is prohibited.
I will have to delete him from the list of my favorite soulmates! :cry: :cry: :cry:

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri May 28, 2010 8:05 pm

IP: 41.218.202.41
Subject: RE: I saw your email

Hi sorry i havent replied your message early i went on a mission and i just came back it was a touch one but Gods grace we are back. I will be happy. So tell me whats new with you.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun May 30, 2010 8:31 pm

IP: 195.168.109.60
Subject: t: Re: RE: I saw your email

Hi

ok so tell me more about you i wanna know all about you.

Marvin.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

janex69
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

john11198@live.com

Postby janex69 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:40 pm

And another profile on Tagged
http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5430203189" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Message: Hello Pretty, how are u and i hope u are fine and I hope I am a pretty person to you out of myself. A short while ago I was just looking at your very pretty pics and I read your profile and I was touched by your profile and I taught I will just send you a message to show u how I feel like reading your profile and I'm past that and looking for someone exciting to date. I'm a very good-looking man. I love to swim, take leisurely walks and like shopping. I also love to read novels and magazines, watch movies and dance. I'm not a big fan of sports.Am searching for a good looking and very respectfull person..........And I hate bad people and gossiping........... So why don't u add me at MSN So that we can talk more over there and move from here i mean this site....so you can add me on john11198@live.com

bjohn11198@live.com[/b]

janex69
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

John Smith - john11198@live.com

Postby janex69 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:01 pm

Apolgies for error in email in above post

john11198@live.com
JOHN SMITH

email received
The source host name is "vfbb23951.4u.com.gh" and the source IP address is 41.218.239.51.
Geo-Location Information
Country Ghana
State/Region 01
City Accra

Hello my dear,
I would describe myself as a man who is Well educated, romantic, passionate person. Loves to eat well and drink good wines. Have been around the world twice and love to travel both on vacation and my job as well. I would describe myself as a man who is spontaneous, open minded with a good head on his shoulders, loyal, spiritually centered, optimistic, genuine, have a tender heart, a good sense of humor, passionate and all the excitement that intimate life provides. Well to tell you more about my self, My name is John Smith and i am 54 years of age.I am a widower and i lost my wife 8 years ago :cry: and i have a son who is 14 years now..I was born in the united states and same as my son who is called Terry as well.My parent died when i was yound so i stayed with my uncle for the rest of my life in the State and life was very had for me, Till i joined the Millitary and now i am serving as a Military in the U.S army. I have been in the army for almost all my life with about 29 years experience in the army but i am now In Iraq for peace keeping .I have been here for the pass 9 months and i have more 4weeks to come home but before i come home i need to meet the right woman so that as soon as i retire i spend the rest of my life with the right woman.I can't get the access in making phone calls because such thing is distracted in our area and even if i want to i will have to sneak out from our camp to a nearby village to call and which is also dangerous ..I can be shoot or might step on mines ..Well talking about the type of woman i am looking for, Am looking for a woman who enjoys the simple things in life...someone intelligent, ambitious, good sense of humor, a good friend and an excellent lover, well educated, that dresses properly and elegant, that enjoys going out but also staying at home to talk and have lots of fun.Someone REAL!I like to stay active but have many interest and they are Dining out, Listening to music, Movies, Reading books and magazines, Real estate, Watching TV, Traveling, Wine and gourmet foods,I really like to do most anything,.cook..eat out..movie..read. I think there's nothing finer than shared joys over a meal, with a long walk along a starlit beach .............. or city street........... or even around one's garden.. listening to the owls and night sounds in the summer I love to sit outside and listen to the night - I would love to share that..I want to feel my heart...speak to "her" heart and know that our souls connect in the deepest, richest way, the way God intended, When I love, I love "deeply" and I love completely...I am only for the "one" woman that I fall in love with, and have no interest in anyone else....Perhaps so. One thing about myself is that I share from my heart. I will not say things I don't mean, especially in a relationship but I also have had to learn how to be assertive and speak the truth in love--not be so scared and shy, worrying about what someone might think. It is always good to be up front and honest even if it is difficult. I am a fairly down to earth person and I hope you are beginning to see that. I could never tell anyone I love you if I did not. That is just me.There are a lot out there that are looking for someone to take care of them and give them everything they have, clean them out.. All about themselves.. I am not one of those men.. I made my bed and I am lying in it...I won't lie to you, hide anything from you... I am an open book and believe in being honest with my partner.. No surprises.. That way everything is out in the open and nothing is hidden...Wow i think i have tell you more and more about my self and i will like to know more about you too, but to remind you ever since i met you i have never been back to the dating site where we met and what about you???? Here are some of my pics below and i will expercting your reply.. John..

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:37 pm

http://www.spark.com/Applications/Membe ... =115575487" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
N.N.
* 55 years old
* Miami, FL
* Widowed, Man seeking Woman
* For a Marriage, Long-term Relationship
* Logged in: 3 hours ago
* Last Update: 6/16/2010
Relationship status: Widowed
Ethnicity: Caucasian/White
Religion: Catholic
Smoke: Non-Smoker