It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Scammers with pics of Lt. Gen. William B. Caldwell, IV

African scammers posing as military personnel.
katiee2012
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with pics of Lt. Gen. William B. Caldwell, IV

Postby katiee2012 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:09 am

I think someone just tried the same thing on me, although with a new twist through "skype". I got a call on Skype yesterday from someone claiming to be him, even had brief visual contact and it was video, it looked just like him. How the heck to these people do this? He claims to be in Afganistan, twice divorced with 5 kids and planning a trip to my city (in Canada). Now I'll admit to chatting with him a bit (no personal info) , mostly because I could not wrap my head around how a scammer could manage Video but heck, I knew it smelled funny so I searched some more and found this site. Where the heck do these people get off with this? Seems crazy to me. Happy I found this site. Thanks

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

William, willb741@yahoo.com

Postby Marisa » Tue May 08, 2012 3:57 am

resurfaced on single123 as Willb741

United States
State:
Maryland
City:
Silver spring
Zip Code:
I'll tell you later
Description:
I can describe myself as a quiet, gentle, and kind person.I am self-confident,purposeful, ambitious, energetic, positive. I have a good sense of humor. I can be passionate,I love animals very much, I love sports, namely golf. Also, I love rest among nature. And still, I like to read. I love rest in a warm circle of friends, or the loneliness of the house behind reading books. I believe in love and am a risk taker

mugu-message:

Hello,I am William by name and how are you doing?Your profile caught my attention and i found it interesting and loving. Am looking for a long and serious term relationship. Can you please tell me about yourself and your interest in a man?what you do for fun and your profession,here is my email address willb741@yahoo.com,I will be glad to hear from you soon and have a lovely day.

William.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Genwilliam_caldwell@yahoo.com

Postby Marisa » Tue May 08, 2012 7:02 am

and on wayn as williamcaldell

my name is William Caldell. I'm a 53 year-old American male, currently in Columbus, United States.

my name is LTG William,i am from American :lol: ,presently working with the U.N peace keeping team in Afghanistan,this land is no mans land to me , for we are stranger.I am here to find a nice friend you can add me on email.Genwilliam_caldwell@yahoo.com
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Oasis
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Oasis » Fri May 25, 2012 4:17 am

The person who contacted me under the name of William B. Caldwell on Paltalk sounded very suspicious and this is how I came across this site. This person is on Paltalk user name william_370 email address will_well001@yahoo.com, sadly for him/her the conversation ended very quickly when I threatened to contact the FBI :D . This person also has a facebook account if not multiple accounts. Ladies be ware!

oceanheart
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby oceanheart » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:52 am

I am one of those whose this Lt.General William Caldwell add fren to me last week...and at this very moment we are still chatting on skype..he is telling me that he'll try to transfer me money through a bank in africa (US$500,000). He said he deposited this money to this bank 2 years ago while he is on a mission in Libya,telling me he'll transfer that money to me to buy a house and a car before he come to meet me. He gave me the email address of the bank is info@gtbank.intn-ltd.com to email them just a short message, the bank knows that he is on a mission in afghanistan and cannot handle cash. The profile foto he is using was the one that has the flag at the back. The email address he is using is william.caldwell755@yahoo.com.He said he got only 1 son and he is 17 years old and is in the army too...he divorced with his wife 2 years ago. The reason of why he divorced his wife because she used to travel around the world alot..they have no time to talk thats why they have to sign papers for divorce.

krugern
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby krugern » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Just got contacted by a "Major General William B. Caldwell, Chief of Staff, United States Forces.....Afghanistan." on Skype.

His username was gen.william.caldwell0002

I understood straight away that this was some sort of scam, so I just played along a little.

[17:44:38] gen.william.caldwell0002: I am Major General William B.caldwell, Chief of Staff, United States Forces ......Afghanistan
[17:44:47] gen.william.caldwell0002: I am glad to meet you. What is your name and where are you from?

[18:09:09] Me: Like really? what time is it in afghanistan?
[18:10:04] Me: Let me guess? You've heard of my work and the US forces need my help in Afghanistan?
[21:12:37] gen.william.caldwell0002: ok
[21:16:46] Me: I already know you're a scammer
[21:17:22] gen.william.caldwell0002: what is you mean??
[21:17:44] Me: And there you did another mistake, English language error
[21:17:57] Me: "what is you mean" is not a correct sentence.
[21:18:23] Me: Your first mistake was contacting me. I am a licensed scam hunter. Locating scammers and directing the police to their place. You won't be my first scammer down, and definitely not my last!

And he was silent again..

Then I did a quick google search on his name + scam, and found this forum as the number one hit.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Block him :) better not point out his mistakes ;)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

caldwellwilliams75@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:35 am

tagged.com/profile.html?uid=7255271669
Caldwell W
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

mahal
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mahal » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Subject: love truth and trust

my mom is changing e-mails with this scammer..try to knock him down.. i think they were not talking about packages or something that he might gave to my mom.. Before i was also changing e-mails with a scammer and i find it here that he was a scammer... i told her that this guy is a scammer but she said she knows it when it was a scam... but until now i know she didnt know it.. please take this bad people..thanks
Last edited by FrumpyBB on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mahal
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mahal » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 pm

This message is from a DIPLOMAT from Caldwell William!

Sent: Friday, November 2, 2012 11:03 PM
Subject: honest , love and truth

Attention :Madam,
How are you doing. I got your information through your husband Mark Smith.(diff name)
,i have let your Husband Caldwell William to know that all the information that i needed from you is complete and he has bring your Package to me now, so i will be departing from Afghanistan now, Saturday 3rd November 2012 so you will have to expect me on Monday 5th November 2012 at the city on Bangkok international Airport in your country Russia.I will give you a call or send you a text message on your phone the moment i arrive in the city of Bangkok international Air port in Bangkok and i will wait for you so that you will come and pic me up and have your package there. contain some of 2.5million U S

You know the situation in Afghanistan i have to go to near by country where i can take a direct flight to your country Bangkok .bellow is the information which you sent for the delivery of your package.

please madam i must confess this secret to you your husband say you are a very good woman and have seen it from the look of things, everything he says about you is truth and pure.keep it on it shall be well with you,till then.below in the information you sent to me for the delivering,am wearing black suit and white shirt and black tie, am on my way coming.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation, see you soon.

Mr.Stanley Nonotex.

When coming to Russia, let them call me or write sms. I understand it. Let say that you sent it. But I will not give you my address or my bank account.
Airport in bankok. Sheremetyevo.

your sincerely.

Mr.Stanley Nonotex.

Diplomat.

mahal
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mahal » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Sent: Monday, November 5, 2012 9:17 PM
Subject: honest , love and truth

Now I do not know what to do, I'm still in the airport because the authorities refuse to Allow me to move and come to the place you want me to come and meet you at the honkong, air port in if I did not pay 1,500 Euro for the documents. I had contacted by e-mail your husband but I know it was difficult for him to send me money, because the place he is now and the restrictions on sending money out of Afghanistan. no way for him to send money to me out now. that is why I am with you for your support otherwise the customs here in Ghana will seize and confiscate your package.

So I need your help now very urgently, go to Western Union Money Transfer and send me the money 1.500 Euro One Thousand Four Hundred and Euro's so that i will be able to continue my journey to deliver Your Package to you today in your city at the honkong, air port in honkong . do try and send the money in the name of the customs officials, so he will give me the documents, and I will start coming to honkong NOW with the next available flight, from Ghana here to honkong.

For a faster transfer and secured, you send the money through Western Union Money Transfer or through Money Gram now:
Also send the attachment of the photo copy receipt from the western union money transfer office or Money Gram along with it.please it is true that l made a mistake l have every of your contact information the flight l board is flight
coming to honkong so it is a mistake ok don,t feel bad over it l am coming to honkong direct please do some thing befor my ticket expail ok l supuose to live ghana today but they said l must to pay the money your husband said he have contacted you so l am waiting for you ok fast try and call me as soon as you pay the money ok.

Name of recipient: CHUKWUNONSO STANLEY OSUJI.
Address: Airport Road, North Accra, Ghana
Amount :1,500 Euro.
Test Question:OK.
Answer:OK.
Country Republic of Ghana.
Sender First Name........
Middle Name..............
Mtcn no......................

Please call this number +233 543442551 if you send the money, so the officer will be able to raise money for the certificates task pane, so I can start with my journey to deliver Your package on to the next available flight TON HONKONG , air port in and i will come and deliver your package to you at the HONKONG, air port in HONKONG today, L HAVE TOLD YOUR HUSBAND THAT L WILL
HELP HIM TO PAY A SOME OF 300 EURO THE LAST MONEY LEFT WITH ME SO IF YOU CAN BE ABLE TO PAY 1200 EURO PLEASE DO LAT ME GET OUT OF THIS PLACE HERE L AM IS NOT GOOD FOR GOD SAKE . so please l have nothing to do again am tired here please do that fast

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Mr.Stanley Nonotex.

Diplomat.

Gersanda
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Scammers with pics of Lt. Gen. William B. Caldwell, IV

Postby Gersanda » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:10 am

This guy is chatting to me too, he is using skypename: gen.william.caldwell91, His diplomat: Diplomat David Howell wit E-mail address: david_howell12@live.com He needs money for sending a box to me, payment details: OHWOGANOHWO COURAGE, Question IN GOD, Answer WE TRUST, Location ACCRA GHANA, Address Spintex. He use the following E-MAIL ADDRESSES: wgeneraldcaldwell@yahoo.com and generalwilliambcaldwell@militarycamp.kabul and gave this tel no if i want to contact him: +447436771929

*Dragonessa
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby *Dragonessa » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:40 pm

On Tagged:
http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5976842015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

William Bill C
Interested In: Friends, Dating, Serious Relationship, Networking
Orientation: Straight

Profile photo already posted here, also had these photos on profile:

Have Faith ... and take that First Step, it's okay to feel the pain. You're going to be fine ... Healing takes time...Everything will be okay soon.

*Dragonessa
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby *Dragonessa » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:51 am

I dropped him a message...on tagged, will see if he responds :D
Have Faith ... and take that First Step, it's okay to feel the pain. You're going to be fine ... Healing takes time...Everything will be okay soon.

Avaerin
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

williamcaldwell720@yahoo.com

Postby Avaerin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:31 pm

Just read all the above on the person - he is still up to his tricks - via Okcupid users name william20thecat and williamcaldwell720@yahoo.com.
First message few weeks a go then nothing until last two days - goes from like to take things slowly to I love you can't live without you within a matter of messages!
As the above a lot of quotes etc in perfect English then general conversation with poor spelling - seems to have hours available for chat then goes off line for hours reporting the poor connection in Kabul.
Thought the choice of picture on Okcupid a bit odd though he said it was the only one he was able to upload and it was taken at a press conference - that made me curious so I googled him - unfortunately I just got the images and wikki information - but it led to me to ask about his work and family - he seemed a bit reserved but I am a bit cagey on these sites.
It was his language and the use of my dear, sweetie, my love that really bugged me and that he seemed very interested in photos of me and my daughter.
So I did another search and found this site I did mention to him that he seemed too good to be true and that his photos and info seemed from wikki also how easy it would be for someone to pretend to be him he appeared aware that this could be the case and asked how he could prove he was genuine -asked him some specific questions - we are upto 8 children one deceased wife one divorce a 17 year old and grandchildren !
Not heard anymore since I declined to send a photo of my daughter !

Return to “Military scams”