It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

scammers with pictures of Lt Col Gordon Hannett

African scammers posing as military personnel.
lookingforwardintn
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Morris Hammet: m.hannet22.@yahoo.com

Postby lookingforwardintn » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:03 pm

Morris Hammet contacted me on evow.com. He immediatly wanted to go to yahoo chat...new profile m.hannet22.@yahoo.com.

I had not researched him and niavely told him upfront I had no money and don't cash checks for anyone, ever. He asked why I told him that, and I explained I had been contacted by scammers and I was weary of it, so saving us both time. He logged off, but contacted me the next day, I chatted but then did my research. He will have no more chats with me. I did report him to the evow sight. but had already removed my profile after less than 36 hours, was hit on by 3 scammers.
Last edited by Arabian Nights on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: email into subject matter :)

Morris Hammet: m.hannet22.@yahoo.com

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

ghannett
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: scammers with pictures of Captain Gordon Hannett

Postby ghannett » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:36 am

WARNING! NEW SCAMMERS ON FACEBOOK!

I’m an active-duty U.S. Army Soldier. In fact, this section of the website is about my pictures. I've posted here previously. As you may know, photos of me have been used by scammers since 2006 when they were downloaded from the Webshots website. I didn’t realize the pics could be accessed by anyone in the world with an internet connection. In any case, I frequently search Facebook for people using my last name. The scammers are kind of stuck with that name since it’s on the name tags of my uniforms in the pictures. Today, I found these imposters on Facebook:

MICHAEL HANNETTE
HANNETT COLE
HANNETTE COLE
LUCIEN MCOYRAWLINGS HANNETT

Each of them used a photo of me as his profile photo. I reported the imposters to Facebook and sent warning e-mails to each of their friends. Fortunately, they didn’t have many. Hopefully, FB will delete their accounts soon.

Also on FB were CARL HANNETT and JAMES HANNETT. Neither of them had a profile picture, but each claimed to be in the US Army. I can tell you that neither of them is in the Army. There are VERY few Hannetts in the Army. The criminals read these posts, so I won’t say anything else about that. I wish I had time to prowl the dating websites for imposters, but I don’t. Be careful and DON’T SEND MONEY TO PEOPLE YOU DON’T KNOW!!!

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Hannett Anderson Miller, hans.mill90568@yahoo.com

Postby Marisa » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:21 am

resurfaced on matchdoctor:

billmiller
59-year-old Male
Seeking Women: 48 - 76
Orlando, Florida, United States
Last Activity: Online Now!

about myself:
I would describe myself as a man who is Well educated, romantic, passionate person. Loves to eat well and drink good wines. Have been around the world twice and love to travel both on vacation and my job as well. I would describe myself as a man who is spontaneous, open minded with a good head on his shoulders, loyal, spiritually centered, optimistic, genuine, have a tender heart, a good sense of humor, passionate and all the excitement that intimate life provides. I like to watch a movie at home or attend live performances including theater and ballet. Enjoy reading best sellers, as well as poetry. Love dancing, listening good music. Also enjoy the delicacies of international dining, love attending concerts, art shows, visiting art galleries and museums.
As a final touch, I would like to mention that I love adventure, romance and all the excitement that intimate life provides...and also likes my orphanage here..
Am looking for a woman who enjoys the simple things in life...someone intelligent, ambitious, good sense of humor, a good friend and an excellent lover, well educated, that dresses properly and elegant, that enjoys going out but also staying at home to talk and have lots of fun.Someone REAL! to love me and my kid here too with same heart....
I like to stay active but have many interest and they are Dining out, Listening to music, Movies, Reading books and magazines, Real estate, Watching TV, Traveling, Wine and gourmet foods
I really like to do most anything,.cook

marital status: Widowed

mugu-messages:

thanks for your reply and will be very happy to know more about each other here..am new on here and do not also visit much but this is my email....let me know when you get this and will reply back as soon as possible....hans.mill90568@yahoo.com and whats yours?....Hope you had a great day and take care till we meet again.

also on FB:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002728996533" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hannett Anderson Miller
Worked at The U.S. Army
Studied at University of Florida
Lives in Kabul, Afghanistan
From Babson Park, Florida
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

scammerssuck2
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby scammerssuck2 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:08 am

http://www.connectingsingles.com/user/havefaithlove

MESSAGE FROM SCAMMER

Hello how are u doing today..l came across your profile and l really liked it..l will like to get to know you more if you dont mine..
My name is Hoeck and l am from New York USA ,what is your name..

PROFILE INFO
About me:

A simple man, loving and caring. I am also a kind of man who likes doing things on my own. I am very proud of myself that I can say that I am the kind of man who is capable of making both of you happy and not bored with your day because I am a kind of man who has sense of humor and will make you smile all day. I also love being true to myself always and love staying honest and loyal to the person I will love soon..

I’m looking for:
I want a woman that will make my day complete, that he will love me with all his heart. A woman who has the power to make his woman happy all the time, besides that I want also a woman who will be with me for better or for worst. A woman who will consider me as the only man in her life, that he is the woman in my dreams that will carry me through the path of happiness and contentment in life. A woman who is family-oriented and responsible enough to make a family strong and firm..

SAME INFO AND PIC USED AT
http://www.wayn.com/profiles/HoeckStaedt

scammerssuck2
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

hoeckstaedt@yahoo.com

Postby scammerssuck2 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:45 pm

update on "havefaithlove"
http://www.connectingsingles.com/user/havefaithlove
got the email address hoeckstaedt@yahoo.com
MESSAGE FROM SCAMMER
my email is hoeckstaedt@yahoo.com l hope u send me email or add me and l will write back...can u also give me ur email

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Richard Thomson, talk2bigrich@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Oasis
talk2bigrich
Male 60 United States
I am that easy going type,open minded and a good listener .I laugh a lot and try to make people around me all the time happy.My hobbies are too many but to mentioned a few; sports,watching movies, going for walks, playing with kids, listening to all types of music), making love at the beach, dancing in the dark etc
San Diego | California | United States
What I'm Looking For
Im looking to meet a sincere hearted woman, someone i can start a new life with. honest and caring, loving woman.
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

lnapier64
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

hannettgorden@ymail.com

Postby lnapier64 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:24 am

:disagree: I had a guy today who came up on my match site ...IM. His id was jhg767 with a email address of hannettgorden@ymail.com... Said he is stationed in Afganistan has been for two years ... said he has a 13 year old son who is at their peace camp... When I asked him certain questions like Where are you normally stationed he did not understand... Said things Like I need you!!! Going to be out in a few months and wanting to relocate.. was real fishey , I came in here and saw him here is the pic he sent to me...

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:12 am

now pau900 on oasisdating

About Me
Male 52 United States
I am very tender and open-hearted person. I am a very cheerful and easy-going person. I don’t like to quarrel and argue. I am very optimistic person and I believe that all bad has its end. I am a kind person; I can forgive and forget everything bad that happen in my life.

Williamsburg | Kentucky | United States

What I'm Looking For
Someone that would be ready to give so much of herself and can do anything, go anywhere, and sacrifice anything she has for sake of LOVE. I want the kind of relationship that could leads to marriage.

Paul Hannet
paulhannet@yahoo.com

Says he is stationed in Iran!!! :mrgreen:
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:48 pm

lexhannett@yahoo.com

Name Lex Hannett
male - 46 years
San Jose, United States

About me
Hello everyone out here,I'm Alexandria, under the military...i have one boy at school and i live with my tow dogs.
when i am at home i enjoy watching cartoons with my son and i spend much time being with him and go for shopping during weekends. i love walking along the beach and nite walks as well. i am a man of my words, just being honest and open to everyone i meet. i want to meet some woman we can talk online and get to know each other to know our life better..no more mistakes in life...
i love family,friends and my work that i never play with it...spend time with friends when they are all around and get to laugh and have some drinks together...

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Richard Thomson, talk2bigrich@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:15 am

Oasis
talk2bigrich
Male 60 United States
IP: 209.62.6.146
ISP: ThePlanet.com Internet Services

Hello ,
How are you doing and hope you have a great day at work, i will look for you later today.... Well, I believe you really would want to know much about me,so i have to give you an insight about me OK... My name is Richard Thomson, guess you already know that... I was born and raise in Avon Park, Florida,I have a daughter, Evelyn and that's where i live before i was stationed to Afghanistan and later sent down to Sudan Darfur War Region for peace keeping mission,I'm 59yrs old! I'm 6.1ft tall, I lost my wife 8yrs back and i have been single since i lost her because she was the love of my life..... she was my sister,my mother,my best friend and my wife! She meant the world to me and her death left a very big vacuum in my heart......I miss her so so much,but I know I have to go on with my life anyway...I must confess I have not dated or been in a relationship with any woman since she died.I love my wife so much and we have a wonderful relationship.. I am the last son of my mother and i have a brother and sister but my sister pass by and my brother lives in Brazil !

I really miss my parent too..they are such a wonderful parent for me! they are such an inspiration to me and fun to be with as well, I really miss them! I work under the Administrative department for the US Army in Sudan Darfur war base and you can get to know much on my job when we talk on chat. I'll be look forward to chat with you real soon and I'm still having problem downloading my photos for you and assure you be weekends everything will be in good order. Bye for now and talk soon.

Take Care.
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

username_1307_1
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

hannett_smith44@yahoo.com

Postby username_1307_1 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:22 pm

Ladies this gentleman and I use the term loosely contacted me on Match.com yesterday and his story was this....he said his name was Kelvin and he was a widower, his wife and son were killed in car accident. Profile said he was from Washington, DC but he actually was from Poland.

Let me tell you I have had another man try to scam me and got nothing. I am very inquisitive and far from stupid which this guy must think I was. I came to this site and low and behold here he is! His yahoo address or the one he gave me was hannett_smith44@yahoo.com..

While texting/im'ing him there were so many discrepencies and he was not answering questions, said he has short term memory problems. BS! I am no fool and I was not born yesterday. He said he had just joined Match.com and he just like that deleted his profile. Told him I would do the same but did I hell no. I may do just that though because if you have this kind of mess going on a paying site I want nothing to do with it.

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:28 pm

welcome to RS and thanks for the post
hannett_smith44@yahoo.com avatar

to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Pandora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pandora » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:04 am

hannett_smith44@yahoo.com

I wrote him a short mail and he replied :D

Received: from [41.218.243.220]
Organization: Ghana Telecom
State/Region: Greater Accra
City: Accra

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Francis Miller, francis-miller1@hotmail.com

Postby Bix » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:27 pm

http://badoo.com/01219197159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Francis 51, New York, NY

do you have access to any e-mail address so that we talk there and get to know more about each other better over there ?
ok francis-miller1@hotmail.com can you add me now

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Francis Miller, francismiller282@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:09 pm

http://badoo.com/01219197159
Francis 51, New York, NY

do you have access to any e-mail address so that we talk there and get to know more about each other better over there ?
ok francis-miller1@hotmail.com can you add me now

His Yahoooooooo.............
Francis — ok my yahoo id francismiller282@yahoo.com can you add me on this

Return to “Military scams”