It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

scammers with pictures of Lt Col Gordon Hannett

African scammers posing as military personnel.
Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Re: scammers with pictures of Major Gordon Hannett

Postby Marisa » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:58 pm

actually, I stopped arguing about reporting profiles long time ago. Let everybody do what they feel they should be doing. If somebody wants to report bad profiles - let them. If somebody wants to warn victims on scammers profile - let them. If somebody wants to post them here - great.

Let everybody do what they feel helps our cause. Scammer will STILL use the same pic and email on victims, even if his FB is gone. I don't look at reporting profiles as at "no-no" anymore. Too many scammers profiles out there, the Internet is getting literally flooded with them, something needs to be done. Every year it is worse and worse. MUCH worse. I think half of profiles on FB are fake. Whatever name you search for - half of results are obvious scammers.

So, maybe we should re-think the conception of not reporting. It really makes my blood boil when I see a scammer's profile on FB with 50 and more friends. :evil: Maybe it SHOULD be reported. It does make sense what Gordon is saying. I only wish FB places a note on removed profiles, that the profile was removed for VIOLATION. Because victims think he removed his profile himself, because he "found his love". Yuck!!
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Wildchocolate46
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Wildchocolate46 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:49 pm

I have every photo that's listed on here of Major Gordon Hannett,but the name that was used was Capt.Hannett Muller from Queens,New York...56 yrs.old one child ,been divorced 5 years,looking for love and etc,,,, the person didn't get a chance to ask me for money ,I stopped him before he even asked,and he also said that he had been deployed to Sudan....what a mess

Wildchocolate46
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Wildchocolate46 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:01 pm

the email address he used was capt.muller_hannett@yahoo.com

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

niceman474@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:00 am

badoo
Hannetforyou 55, Tampa, FL
im here looking for my soul mate. one that i will spend the rest of my life

yes okay6 i will like to know more about you if you don't mind.. can we share email address so that we can chat and niceman474@yahoo.com1999801478
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Patrick Afatsao, patrickafatsao@yahoo.com

Postby Marisa » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:37 am

carepatrick on idating4you

New York, New York, United States
Looking for a woman between 45 - 60, for serious relationship
Horoscope:Pisces
Body Type:about average
Weight:115 lbs (52 kg)
Height:5’1” (155 cm)
Hair color: black
Eye color:hazel
Education:some college
Marital Status:divorced
Ethnicity:native american

About
It's difficult to describe oneself in a paragraph, don't you think? We all want someone with integrity, that is attractive and enjoys the same interests as us. And I know that all woman want a man that looks as good in blue jeans as he does in a tux! There is always so much more to us which can not be determined until you meet someone and can relate on a personal level. But here is a short summary of me! I was brought up in a supportive, loving family. My parents instilled a good sense of morals and a strong work ethic. I am generous, humorous, chivalrous (enough with the ous's!), hold the door open for little old ladies, re-cap the toothpaste and love my dog. I enjoy many diverse interests and I am curious about life in general. I love the outdoors, specifically the ocean and heading out on my boat. I also fly and love being up in the plane and seeing the view of the coastline from up there. I love the mountains and snow skiing.

junkmail:
hello and how are you doing .. hope you are cool over there .. am Patrick wanna have some chat with you to know each other more
patrickafatsao@yahoo.com
patrickafatsao@gmail.com

pic already posted.

Scammer from Ghana, he was previously using pictures of Staff Sgt. Robert Miller, RIP,:
http://romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=35551" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

person.com/personals.phtml?user_id=2368163
USER ID: 2368163
Nickname: raykelly
Name: patrick
State/Region: United Kingdom
City: Aber
Distance: 5235 ml (8424 km)
Last login: Apr 26, 2009, 03:22

i am Ray Kelly from the u.k.I can be different: merry, joyous, and sometimes sad, thoughtful and emotional. I can be hot and dangerous like a fire, and then I become tender and romantic like water. I don't have complexes but I have principles. I'm generous, curious and ..., I'm intelligent and keen witted. Offense is hard for me but I try not to lose heart.I like reading books, I enjoy socializing and looking at the seaside. I like having fun, going to the cinema. Art gives me joy and many emotions. I like animals and I like riding. My dream is to see dolphins

Profile is old, from 2008, but the reason I posted it was because I found his real FB:

facebook.com/RAYKELLYGH <--- also Ray Kelly. It is hidden from email search, but it's him.
Patrick Afatsao (Raykelly Gh)
ceo of world bank at Western Union :lol:
Studied at Boston College :liar:
Lives in New Orleans, Louisiana :liar:
From New York, New York :liar:

:pee:
Image --- doesn't look like Lousiana to me! :mrgreen:

SCAM FREE DATING SITE

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

William Smith; <captnwilliamsmith403@yahoo.com>

Postby IceFM » Wed May 08, 2013 5:36 pm

Username: captnwilliamsmith

Email: captnwilliamsmith403@yahoo.com

User IP 41.206.12.38

MTN Nigeria
Golden Plaza,
Falomo Roundabout,
Ikoyi
Lagos
Nigeria

Full Name
william smith

About me
i am friendly and simple. i am sick of scammers.

Come from
United States

City, State, Province
new york

Marital Status
Widowed

Ethnicity
White/Caucasian

Occupation
military

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

BrightStar
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby BrightStar » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Look at the video.... the real Major Gordon Hannett :-o

http://www.king5.com/news/Online-scamme ... 34711.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://mynorthwest.com/108/2166314/Ladi ... ting-Sites" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ghannett
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with Pictures of Major Gordon Hannett

Postby ghannett » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:51 pm

In case you missed it, here's a radio interview from last year:

http://kiroradio.com/listen/9950545/#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Gordon

Mirjam
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mirjam » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:58 pm

This man is on Netlog, his picture is already on this post:

Emailadress: frank_falk1955@ymail.com

IP adress:41.215.162.68 Ghana

His long email to me: :mrgreen:

am still waiting my dear Well you can wait a long time :mrgreen:
-----------------------------
Bye, Mirjam ;)

SOPHIE DI GUGLIELMO
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: scammers with pictures of Captain Gordon Hannett

Postby SOPHIE DI GUGLIELMO » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:54 pm

WARNING! NEW SCAMMERS ON FACEBOOK!

I’m an active-duty U.S. Army Soldier. In fact, this section of the website is about my pictures. I've posted here previously. As you may know, photos of me have been used by scammers since 2006 when they were downloaded from the Webshots website. I didn’t realize the pics could be accessed by anyone in the world with an internet connection. In any case, I frequently search Facebook for people using my last name. The scammers are kind of stuck with that name since it’s on the name tags of my uniforms in the pictures. Today, I found these imposters on Facebook:

MICHAEL HANNETTE
HANNETT COLE
HANNETTE COLE
LUCIEN MCOYRAWLINGS HANNETT

Each of them used a photo of me as his profile photo. I reported the imposters to Facebook and sent warning e-mails to each of their friends. Fortunately, they didn’t have many. Hopefully, FB will delete their accounts soon.

Also on FB were CARL HANNETT and JAMES HANNETT. Neither of them had a profile picture, but each claimed to be in the US Army. I can tell you that neither of them is in the Army. There are VERY few Hannetts in the Army. The criminals read these posts, so I won’t say anything else about that. I wish I had time to prowl the dating websites for imposters, but I don’t. Be careful and DON’T SEND MONEY TO PEOPLE YOU DON’T KNOW!!!
Hello, I come back to you to let you know I checked your name on the fr.netlog.com (site of Friendship and Marriage Encounters) and your name listed there under false aliases ...... 4 you type the address .. netlog on your search engine, the site appears: either you create a fake profile without photo (is not it, no need to remind you, you're not stupid enough now?! .. LOL) and be registered after you type in search profiles (top right) just Hannett and you'll be looking your fake profiles of Ghana and other U.S. .. as well as others who profiles are true ...... If you compare the information in the "about me" photos (often y'en a), and if you go to guestbook (guestbook) you will see that there is always, or nearly the same information .........
If you want help let me a PM and / or I can do the research for you and always in recontact MP ....... I just looked at it as quickly on this site ... ......SUR //fr.netlog.com sur //fr.netlog.com vous êtes sous les faux profils
on ...... / / fr.netlog.com you are under the fake profiles
Hannettmiller, hannettkelvin (USA), lil_timmyi (Dryden, Ontario) aand lil_timmy2006 (Ontario canada), hannett carl (ghana), davidhannett(germany), jonathanhannett (USA) with image of Swiss already listed on romancescams and under false nicks jameslawson all kelvins under calvin joe ........ as I would, I would also see MySpace.com site that works with facebook, www. tagged.com, Single123.com, person.com ....... hope this helps .... Good evening ... Sophie di guglielmo, France Marseilles, 27/06/2013

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

George Hannett, hannett5050@gmx.us

Postby Bix » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:46 am

matchdoctor
hannett5050
49-year-old Male
Seeking Women: 37 - 60
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
To give a brief introduction about myself,am called George Hannett,am 48 years old living and working in Maryland ,silver spring.Am 5.5.6 tall, shaved hair brown eyes.Open with warm heart,friendly and easy going with what life has to offer.Am easy going and like to have good conversations and comfortable with most things in life.I like soccer,gymnastics,board games and like golfing.

am new on here and only giving things a try,just thought i will write you a short note to tell you how much i enjoyed going through your profile. I cannot recall when i had a more pleasant time. Everything felt so natural. It is hard for me to identify what it is about you that attracts me i suppose it might be the combination of your charming personality and your good-looks. Whatever it is i can sense its presence. You could call it chemistry or better yet the possibility that we are on the same wavelength.Take a look at my profile if we can give a friendship a try to grow.I,ll pause here for now,until i hear from you take care and have a nice day,bye.
George.

Thanks for your responds,how are you and your weekends going ? Its rather unfortunate my photo is still not showing up .........cant figure that out but i think its on pend.I,ll like to know you much better and see how our friendship work out,do you have a personal email where i can easily locate you apart from here at the site portal and drop you a copy of photos.Enjoy your evening and take care.
Your friend,
George.
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

ghannett
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with Pictures of Major Gordon Hannett

Postby ghannett » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:23 pm

Since November 2012, I've reported 96 scammers to Facebook. That was when I started keeping track. The vast majority of the the accounts have been deleted. For some reason, Facebook refuses to delete JAMES HANNETT, DENNIS HANNETT, MAXWELL HANNET OTCHERE, HANNET MILLS, THOMSON RICHARD, HANNETT DAVID, DAVID HANNETT, and WILLIAMS J HANNETT. They offer no explaination as to why they allow these scammers to remain on their site. As far as I can tell, there's no way to contact Facebook via e-mail or telephone.

- Gordon

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:41 pm

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/21/faceb ... -war-hero/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A wife of a soldier reported a scammer's profile who impersonated her husband. FB replied: "“We carefully reviewed the timeline you reported, but found it doesn't violate our community standard on identity and privacy so we didn't remove it.” :lol:

Few days ago I reported this page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fraudste ... 2198562690" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it is still there!!

not to mention this group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sakawaboysGh/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If they allow THAT, than what can we expect? :roll:

Nothing that I reported was EVER removed. It is hard to report a profile unless those are your own pictures, because there is no field to enter an explanation why are you reporting somebody. You can only choose Fake ---> Other from the list of reasons, but cannot enter explanation why is it fake and they don't remove based on that.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

hook
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hook » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:41 am

hannett2012@yahoo.com :mrgreen: :mrgreen: BAIT!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
david24g Profile: Am looking for my soul mate
Age & Gender: 50 Year Old Man Height: 6' 0" (183 cm) Body Type: Average / Medium Religion:
Ethnicity: Native American with Brown Hair Color / Brown Eye ColorZodiac Sign: LeoLocation: Conyers, Georgia, US

IP address:

hook
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hook » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:16 am

(Yahoo Conversation Asking for APO Address!!)
hannett2012:was the person your friend or relative?
Jul 13 7:32 PM
Me:son-in-law
hannett2012:Ok..
hannett2012:what do you want to send?
Jul 13 7:33 PM
Me:.i can't tell you I sent one to my son-in-law
hannett2012:Due to security reason we are not allowed to receive anything anyhow..
hannett2012:tell me
Me:really why is that
Jul 13 7:34 PM
hannett2012:But we just met ?
Jul 13 7:35 PM
hannett2012:And we don't know each other well
hannett2012:OK
Me:i know but it is something I do it's a medal to protects you being there
hannett2012:OKAY SO WHAT DO YOU NEED NOW ?
Me:your APO address :mrgreen:
Jul 13 7:36 PM
hannett2012:Well before you send me somethinh you have to cantact our Diploma first :mrgreen:
Me:ok
hannett2012:Do you need thy email ?
Me:yes plz
Jul 13 7:37 PM
hannett2012:Okay Diploma.army@yahoo.com :mrgreen: :dumb:
hannett2012:Let me know when you email them ?
Jul 13 7:38 PM
hannett2012:i will be here waiting for you and the diploma will know what to tell you ok..
Jul 13 7:39 PM
hannett2012:So are you going to email the diploma now? (Really !!! I need the IP SO YES!!!)
Me:I will later after we are done talking ok
Jul 13 7:40 PM
hannett2012:well can you give me your home address and your number so that i can save it on here, whenever i return from my mission, i will like to meet you ok.. :-o
Jul 13 7:41 PM
Jul 13 7:41 PM
hannett2012:ok
Jul 13 7:43 PM
Me: :)

Return to “Military scams”