It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

scammers with pictures of Lt Col Gordon Hannett

African scammers posing as military personnel.
eivlys1711
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: scammers with pictures of Captain Gordon Hannett

Postby eivlys1711 » Sun May 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi,

I am so happy to have found out about this scam. I was smittened by this scammer. He made me believe that his story was true, until he asked me for money to come back from Ghana, saying that they did not take credit cards and that he needed me to help him come and see me.

These guys are extremely good. Be careful ladies, we are vulnerable.

Good luck,

Eivlys1711

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

cruising4you
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

frank-hannett@live.com

Postby cruising4you » Mon May 30, 2011 2:45 am

Same guy (scammer) using different Name Frank Hannett
Using all the same photos posted here, contacted me on Badoo in April 2011
email- frank-hannett@live.com
Lives in Miami, Fl. In Army now- Stationed in Iraq
age 50 Single 1 Son
ask me for money to help his son- I deleted him & I have reported him to Badoo 3 times but he is back on there with 6 different names in the past 2 weeks. I report him each time I see him. I did not get an IP address on him
but still have a couple emails that i didn't delete, I will try to get & post here.

Debbiej1958
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Debbiej1958 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:04 pm

This person is now using the name Kelvin Hannett and he is TRYING to scam me. He claims he is in the Army and stationed in Kabul, Afghanistan. He said he is a widower with two kids 19 and 17 yrs old that are in Holland with an aunt while he completes his tour of duty. His match.com profile said he is from Georgia. His profile on match is now gone.
He contacted me through Match.com. I was immediately suspicious because he didn't use the correct words in the right context and he never added the S at the end of words that should have had them. He asked me a lot of questions and one of them was....would you ever spend fund on assisting your partner when in need or in trouble ??
I found this site when I googled his name and discovered pictures of him right here on this site. I am posting a few more.
He is using cpt.kelv@yahoo.com

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:09 pm

Glad you´ve found out before investing / wasting money, time or emotions/illusions :)
More often than not it´s too late and the harm is already done.

If you have a phone number or email h e a d e r or already the payment money receiver details from this scammer, this would actually be worth more than more photos. Any other scam details available?
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Debbiej1958
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

"Kelvin Hannet" <cpt.kelv@yahoo.com>

Postby Debbiej1958 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:35 pm

I don't have any other info. He didn't get a chance to ask me for money because I was on to him right away...he just doesn't know it. I chatted with him one time and that was yesterday. I am worried that my pictures will start showing up somewhere because I am pretty sure he stole them from Match.com! He somehow managed to close my account at Match.com. I tried to log in and could not. I called them right away and gave them all the info I had on him...they also helped me with a new account.
I did get an email from him this morning...here is the only header info there was

This sender is DomainKeys verified"Kelvin Hannet" <cpt.kelv@yahoo.com>

I did notice he spelled the last name wrong...he forgot an N in the last name. I saw the discrepancy when I looked closely at the picture....you can see his tag on his cammo jacket.... Its plain to see the correct spelling is Hannett.
I hope nobody falls for his lies. I am so glad that I am suspicious of things!! I really hate when people think I am stupid! I always double check names...especially when I think something is fishy! He tangled with the wrong woman!

saddened by it all
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

prestonebenezer2010@hotmail.com

Postby saddened by it all » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:14 am

Another MUGU from Oasis Active :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Promanlooking0001 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

About Me
Male 45 United States YEH RIGHT !!!!! :applause: :applause: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Male 45 United States
I am new to the dating scene after separation. I am looking to get out there and meet some new people and see what happens. Im intrested in a friendship first with the potential for more later on.Thanks for checking out my profile.I've decided to try the short, sweet and simple approach .Friends describe me as sweet, smart, fun, attractive and down to earth.I'm an optomistic person, I enjoy keeping active..I now think I know what to look for in a partner and what I need to give to my partner (respect, good communication, and honesty have got to be at the top of the list. As far as the physical goes, that's just the icing on the cake!).It came to notice when i studied most relations and how it comes crushing down with no good result.I'm a US Military man who is hard working, honest, compassionate, fun and likes to be with people. I enjoy my life and the opportunities it has given me. I am not looking for a woman because I need one!

Location 17088km
New York | United States
Seeking Criteria
• Members anywhere in the world.
• Relationship with a female.
• Between 39 and 53 years of age.
What I'm Looking For
I am looking for a woman because I want to have her friendship and companionship.I work abroad so i get to travel to many new places throughout the year.I travel much international and like to connect to new people.
Details
Spoken Languages English
Occupation Military
Sign of the Zodiac Scorpio
Interests
Music
Reading
Sports
Travel
Member of: Oasis.com

Preston Ebenezer
General IP Information
IP: 196.201.51.18
Decimal: 3301520146
Hostname: 196.201.51.18
ISP: Scancom Ltd
Organization: Scancom Ltd
Services: Suspected network sharing device

Type: Broadband

Assignment: Static IP

Geolocation Information
State/Region: Greater Accra
City: Accra
Latitude: 5.55
Longitude: -0.2167

OBVIOUSLY AMATEUR AT THIS SCAMMING BUSINESS 2 EMAILS SAME WORDS but different dating sites hahahaha
hello my love,
From the very first moment I saw your profile from badoo.com I knew that we were destined to be together........ It has been so long since a woman has captured my attention so fully or made my heart beat the way it did that cool day in May...... Your smile lights up my entire spirit. Your laughter fills me with joy, and your mere presence will warm any room. I have no doubt you are the woman Heaven has made especially for me.........Thank you for the comfortable conversations and for asking me to be yours. Most importantly, thank you for sharing your love and wanting to make me your husband. No matter how slowly or at what distance our courtship developes, I know standing before God and our future family, vowing to be your partner for life, was the easiest decision I could have ever made.....Each day that passes makes our love for each other grow stronger. Although I know it’s hard for us to be apart, I know there is nothing that can keep us apart forever. Our desires will continue to stretch across any distance, over every mountain and ocean between us. Nothing can stand between us, and nothing will stop me from meeting you.You are my future and nothing can ever keep us from our destiny. I miss you more every day. I am here with open arms where you will some day finally arrive... right where you belong.......

AND

hello my love,
From the very first moment I saw your profile from oasis.com I knew that we were destined to be together........ It has been so long since a woman has captured my attention so fully or made my heart beat the way it did that cool day in May...... Your smile lights up my entire spirit. Your laughter fills me with joy, and your mere presence will warm any room. I have no doubt you are the woman Heaven has made especially for me.........Thank you for the comfortable conversations and for asking me to be yours. Most importantly, thank you for sharing your love and wanting to make me your husband. No matter how slowly or at what distance our courtship developes, I know standing before God and our future family, vowing to be your partner for life, was the easiest decision I could have ever made.....Each day that passes makes our love for each other grow stronger. Although I know it’s hard for us to be apart, I know there is nothing that can keep us apart forever. Our desires will continue to stretch across any distance, over every mountain and ocean between us. Nothing can stand between us, and nothing will stop me from meeting you.You are my future and nothing can ever keep us from our destiny. I miss you more every day. I am here with open arms where you will some day finally arrive... right where you belong.......am thinking about you XXXXXX.......reply me

NO PICS COME YET :twisted:

RSfan
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: prestonebenezer2010@hotmail.com

Postby RSfan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:17 pm

@ SL ....well, the mugus just continue to bombard you, girl. :shock: I am so glad that you are posting them as they pop into your life professing their undying love and devotion. :thinking: I had to take myself off all dating sites for a while just to get a break from the deluge of mugus. :mrgreen:

@TWG....You never miss the party, dear girl...you ARE the party! :party:
Google is my best friend

saddened by it all
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby saddened by it all » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:53 am

Thanks TWG and RS Fan!!!!
Very funny and really enjoyed reading your post in reply to my 'marriage' hahaah what a DH he is :twisted: :mrgreen:

So No TWG you did not miss my wedding and party NOT YET anyway hahahahaha :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

saddened by it all
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby saddened by it all » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:10 pm

AND NOW MY NEXT EMAIL

My name is Preston H. Ebenezer. I was born on the 2nd of August, 1964 at Baptist Hospital of Miami. I started A & A Children Academy at 6 and later on continued from Calvary Baptist Church Schools. I was very playful at school and it affected my academic works. I joined the Military academy at the age of 16. I was in the boarding school so my parents visit me once in a while. I didn't spend much time at home. My mom was a head teacher and dad was in the medical field. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I fought in the Gulf war in 1990 to 1991. The gulf war was fought to liberate Kuwait from autocratic rule of the late Saddam. I had a pretty bad experience.. :shock: :shock:
I am an E-6 Staff Sergeant (SSG). I also act as a platoon sergeant in the absence of the Sergeant First Class. I am the leader of my squad. I am a noncommission officer and I work in the junior management of the military.
As you already know, I am currently stationed in Baghdad , the capital of Iraq.I have to let you know that I am on my second mission to Iraq and I have already spent 8 months here in Iraq. My first mission to Iraq was in 2003. My mission ended in 2005. When back to the States, I found out that my ex betrayed my love by going in for another man. She cost me a lost. She misused my properties so I paid her off. I was in love with her with all my heart but she let me down. I was with her for 9 years. :shock: :shock: :applause: :applause: :silly: :silly:
My son lives with my mum in west african Ghana. I have full custody of him. I do not want to pay my ex any amount of money again.I will be getting him to stay with me when i come home soon. I was married only once. I am now looking for another woman to involve myself with. I will be home in 3 months. Actually, we are not allowed to communicate with outsiders because of security reasons but I need a woman for myself. A woman that will be there for me and I will be there for her too. I will not be able to call you because we are not allowed to communicate with outsiders on phone. Everything is monitored. SO WHAT R U DOING WRITING TO ME!!!!
My relationship with my ex was like this. I loved her with all my heart. In fact it is true. I wasn't thinking she can do such a thing. I helped her in her work, support her family, spending much time with her as much as I could. Going with her to the beaches, the movies and a lot of interesting places just trying to make her the happiest woman in life. I know she is regretting it by now. Her parents once called me and were apologizing for her but I already made my mind. I don't know why she drew away from me. Maybe, she can't control her sexual desire. I do not get angry. It happens once in a while but I know how to control myself. In the army, if you can't control your anger, you gonna end up fighting all the time.I am concluding this letter here but remember this am serious .......reply me :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

saddened by it all
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby saddened by it all » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:20 am

Pictures of Preston and his kid :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hey F please do your stuff I just cant seem to get it right Thanks SL

Duplicate pics Deleted AN

Gabriella
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

mcoyrawlings@hotmail.com - different pictures

Postby Gabriella » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:52 am

reported by Annaroselie into http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=30773" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hannett mcoy rawlings" <mcoyrawlings@hotmail.com

The Pictur from my chat with him on yahoo

Other pictures reported:

SlapHappy

Bookmark and Share

hannett_moore1@yahoo.com

Postby SlapHappy » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:35 pm

I talked to a member today, Dreammer, who has been scammed by someone with email address of:
hannett_moore1@yahoo.com

He has a FB account, I do not have the link yet.

May have some phone numbers to post?

Calls himself Captain Moore, soldier in Iraq story, moved and stationed in Ghana for awhile. There was a "diplomat" involved in moving some money. There were 8 payments made to the scammer(s.) She has two recordings of his voice on her voicemail which I heard, and the scammer was definitely an African.
She gave me two pictures that i will post here. One picture was very unusual, as the scammer took her photo that she sent to him, told her that he "enlarged it," and hung it on the wall. It is a photochopped image, as the picture on the wall of the victim is "in focus," while the rest of the picture is not. Also, the blue lettering on the white cake was added after the picture was taken, too. I have obscured the face and name of the victim here.

Dreammer is now going through her emails to find money request proofs, and gathering other information to post here. She is having some computer issues now, so it might take a bit of time to get everything posted.

Gabriella
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: mcoyrawlings@hotmail.com - different pictures

Postby Gabriella » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:10 am

this her belongs to Cäptain Gordon Hannet

dreammer
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby dreammer » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:46 pm

hannett_moore1: hey sweetheart..How are you doing?...I missed you so much...xxx
hannett_moore1: Am here in Ghana darling...Am very sorry i was not able to email you after booking my flight her
hannett_moore1: Darling i can't wait to be in your arms..I wish i had the money to book a flight to you no
hannett_moore1: No darling..its still with the custom
hannett_moore1: Honey they only problem is that if i have to sell the Gold i have to get the original documents for it and its all about money:(
hannett_moore1: the one i have here is not original babe...And no one will buy it without the Original docs
hannett_moore1: Gold nugget babe...very expensive
hannett_moore1: Where to get money for docs now is the problem babe
hannett_moore1: I can get original docs here
hannett_moore1: don't know yet babe...Have to ask about it
hannett_moore1: I borrowed money from some of the guys
hannett_moore1: i didn't know i have to get the Original docs before i can sell the Gold...I was very happy because i knew i will be booking a flight to you after selling the Gold
hannett_moore1: I love you too very much darling...You are all i think of
hannett_moore1: yes babe...I wanted to sell the Gold and pay him and let him go back.
hannett_moore1: same here darling....You mean everything to me...
nhannett_moore1: Come here you. Come on. Closer. Closer.
hannett_moore1: She loves me not. She loves me.
hannett_moore1: You make my heart melt
hannett_moore1: xxxxxx
hannett_moore1: Darling i don't know what to do now...i have to find out how much i need for the docs'
hannett_moore1: yes i know it will be expensive..because the Gold is expensive too
hannett_moore1: Same here darling...all i want in life is to be in your arms...
hannett_moore1: You are so sweet babe...Its 5:04pm here...i want to go out with Suley to check the price of the documents

dreammer
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby dreammer » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:59 pm

xxx (9/14/2011 10:04:44 AM): Hey baby miss you soooo much all my love clear acroos the world
xxx (9/14/2011 10:07:05 AM): are you there honey
xxx (9/14/2011 10:09:15 AM): Yes baby I'm here miss you soooo much
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 10:10:06 AM): Hey Darling..How are you doing
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 10:10:32 AM): Miss you too sweetheart
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 10:14:59 AM): Darling i don't know what to do now...I want to be in your arms ..
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 10:17:38 AM): yes darling...Its very expensive...$3,500
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 10:19:29 AM): 2,250
(9/14/2011 10:23:43 AM): I have no one darling....I had a little problem with my account before coming here so my account was froze...there is nothing i can do till i get to the states..
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 10:25:09 AM): Don't worry darling...I will tell you everything when i get home ok...
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 10:27:27 AM): yes babe...I talked to him about it when i was in Iraq and he said i need to get back home first...
Tell him you need money to get home
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 10:29:18 AM): he borrowed me the money for the Gold...I bought it because it was cheap
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 10:30:56 AM): yes babe...how much will you be able to come up with...I will try and see what i can do here
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 10:35:00 AM): i don't think so...I have worried him so much
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 10:38:47 AM): In a Hotel
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 10:41:24 AM): yes babe...I will email him and hope he reply's ..He did not reply my last email

Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 5:24:34 PM): Am good babe...I missed you
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 5:27:21 PM): I miss you too darling...
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 5:29:35 PM): I got a buyer for the Gold and he is trying to help me get the docs..He is helping with half
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 5:33:41 PM): yes babe and i also want to settle suley and hotel
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 5:35:08 PM): yes babe...It's 30,000 dollars babe
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 5:36:03 PM): I have to do that before i come home
Hannett Moore (9/14/2011 5:36:23 PM): I have to sort suley and the hotel out first

Return to “Military scams”