It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

scammers with pictures of Lt Col Gordon Hannett

African scammers posing as military personnel.
gmrw
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: scammers with pictures of Major Gordon Hannett

Postby gmrw » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:05 pm

I am conducting some background information on David Moodie better known as Major Gordon Hannett. I have a friend that was contacted by David Moodie apparently from Moad, Utah. As you can expect and know, not the case. So, I decided to dig deeper...

Not being able to find much on a false alias (scammer) I went to google images, clicked on the camera icon and loaded the picture that was on the David Moodie's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/david.moodie.7 ... 77?fref=ts

If you do not already know, Google images will allow you to load a picture into Google Images (click the camera icon in the search box). This acts as a reverse image search engine so you can locate his other social profiles where he may have used the same picture.

Google images pulled up several websites with the same picture. That is where I found this romancescam.com pages (18 of them) for Gordon Hannett. I also found the article about the REAL Major Gordon Hannett. Poor guy~ A bunch of scammers are have been using his photos for many years. http://q13fox.com/2013/01/07/soldier-wa ... 2eazmUQhq.

Here are all of the alias names for Gordon Hannett. I am certain I missed a few~ Turns out I found out a whole lot more...MAJ Gordon Hannett is AKA: David Moodie, George Hannett, Robert Hannett, Frank Hannett, Alexis, Hoeck Staedt, Arvin Harry, Gerry Brown, Gary Allen Kimzey, Hannet Smith, Commanda Smith, Richard Haggard, David Belt, Andrew Thriller, Jeff Miller, Johnson Wood, Preston H. Ebenezer, Hannett Mcoy Rawlings, Captain Moore, Hannett Moore, Kennedy Hannett, David Hannett, Michael Hannette, Hannett Cole, Hannette Cole, Lucien Mcoy, Hannett Anderson Miller, Richard Thompson, Paul Hannett, Lex Hannett, Kelvin, Francis Miller, Hannett William, Williams Hannett, Hannett More, Nathaniel Hannett, James Hannett, Hannet Malcolm, Prince John & has a son Ishmael Malcom, Jerry Hannett, Captain William, Listowell Smith, Joe Hannett, Thompson Richard, Jeff Hannett,

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Do you have emailaddress, email header, phone number, first message text and money request of the Nigerian scammer posing as David Moodie?
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

gmrw
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby gmrw » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Do you have emailaddress, email header, phone number, first message text and money request of the Nigerian scammer posing as David Moodie?

email: ci_moodie@hotmail.com

My friend lives in Mexico. I will try to contact her to get email header information. No phone number was given. No money has been requested yet. He told her that he was an American Soldier serving in Syria. Promised to go to meet her in Mexico soon.

Check out these other profiles:

David Moodie:
https://www.facebook.com/david.moodie.7 ... 77?fref=ts

George Hannett: Miami Florida
http://badoo.com/01123858465/

Alexis: New York, NY
http://badoo.com/01201757385/photos/

Hoeck Staedt: New York, NY, hoeckstaedt@yahoo.com
http://www.wayn.com/profiles/HoeckStaedt

Arvin Harry, Los Angeles, California
http://www.meetme.com/member/52839121
https://www.facebook.com/arvin.harry.1

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:43 pm

Thank you :)
Hotmail delivers no headers, no need to ask your friend. But the first message text would be very important, too :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

Sailory
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Sailory » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:07 am

jerry.hannett@yahoo.com, Jerry Hannett

http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5996950008" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Jerry H

Thank you..i am a widower and you....?
I like your eyes...You are pretty... I have a yahoo messenger so just let me know you address so that we can talk much private ok..
Just let's get to know each other well... but all the same I have a daughter... 23 years old
jerry.hannett@yahoo.com write me ok

normt
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby normt » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:47 pm

He is going by Thomas Hannett, Captain US army, stationed in Afghanistan, coming home to retire
in December. Is using Match.com, with yahoo for email.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:42 pm

Can you please add that emailaddress here? :)

sweetazmaple
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby sweetazmaple » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:31 pm

http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5997859935" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My dear, let me tell you a little about me ..... okay, maybe as time goes on, you will know more and more about me alright. My name is Hanneth Williams. I am 50 years old. I am from Lompoc, California, USA. I am 5.9 inches (175.26cm) and weights 78 kg.I work in the US Army.I am a section commander of the 82nd Airborne Division's, 1-504th PIR, at checkpoint 91,on duty and have served in Michigan.

tip off " dearest " .. "my dear" and he lives in the united "state"

Kanebaby
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

hannetjerry_garden@yahoo.com

Postby Kanebaby » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:35 pm

I was almost scammed by Hannett. He is using the email address hannetjerry_garden@yahoo.com. He didn't ask for anything yet but i was very suspicious of his inconsistencies. Beware!!!

Sailory
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Sailory » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:04 pm

ballywoods12@yahoo.com/mike.woods078@gmail.com Jerry T

http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5997762904" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Jerry T

You look pretty and hope we can get to know each other as am a new person here on the site. Jerry
i am single and i will be much happy to meet you in person if you are serious to know our self.here is my Pavia email. ballywoods12@yahoo.com so that we talk and know our self
AM DOCTOR AND THAT IS MY WORK.I AM HERE
HELLO CAN YOU ADD ME TO YOUR,GAMIL.MIKE.WOODS078@GMAIL.CCOM
am a doctor and you am a medical doctor
i have one son i lose my wife in a car accident about 12yeas
surgical doctor PHDD.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:34 am

ballywoods12@yahoo.com => "Ansgar Schäfer" : http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 84#p348084" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ballywoods12@yahoo.com => black female fakey : http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=69246" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:)

ghannett
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with Pictures of Major Gordon Hannett

Postby ghannett » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:10 am

Hello all.

As you know, I search for scammers using my photos on Facebook fairly often. They usually get deleted when I report them. I've been out of the country for the last few weeks. Today I found nine new scammers on Facebook. They are Hannett Danqs, Hannett Morgan, Michael Hannett Johnson, Hannet Walter, Michael Hannett, Craig Hannet, Hannet Groll, James Hannett and James Hannet. Hopefully, they'll all be deleted soon. Of course, they'll be back in business with new names (and the same old photos) in a few days.

Bye for now.

- Gordon

KRich
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby KRich » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:51 pm

My first direct email after emails from OKCupid:

10/07/2013 11:34 pm
It was nice hearing from you on the site I really appreciate that so much, How is the weather out there and how is your day so far ? Hope all is well with you as we doing here too in Kabul. I had a great and busy long day but thank God it's over and am about to get some rest now, Please extends my greetings and regards to your family for me and will like to get to know you well better and see where life and future will lead us to and I also want you to know that I'm looking for a woman that I can love and cherished in good times and bad times, I have been hurt and heart broken so many times so I don't want that to happens to me anymore and I'm seeking for a woman that takes care of herself both physically and mentally. A level headed individual who is not a procrastinator, who enjoys life to the fullest and who loves to travel. A woman that respects herself enough to respect the one she loves and care for. I like a strong sense of being, of knowing where in life you want to be and whom you want to be with. A conscious person who is serious about having a monogamous relationship. An honest person who you can count on in times of needs, someone to laugh with someone to cry with, to share your hopes and dreams in good times and bad times. I am looking for a partner and a lover and best friend who I can share the most intimate dreams, A woman who is honest,faithful,trustworthy,loving,caring,loyal,humble,self confident and God fearing.A well rounded individual and a spiritual person, I'm very serious and determined man who's ready and willing to do anything for love and so to let you know tht I'm looking for a woman who is honest, hardworking, adventurous, romantic, Who's beautiful inside and out, humorous, friendly, affectionate, compassionate, A woman who will not judge me but love me unconditionally. I want her to take my breath away, I want butterflies in my stomach when I mention her name. I want her to look at me and I would be able to finish her thought and tell her you're my one and all, I want her to be affectionate no matter where we are.I want to dance in the rain with her and have God's showers of blessing on us and our relationship, I want to pray with her in the morning and in the night, I want a true heart, one that loves her children and would die for them and would love mine too and not to think mine are not hers. I need someone to hold me when I cry, when I have had a bad day I want her to sit and just listen and let me complain then with a touch and a kiss to make me forget what I was upset about, I want her to kiss me passionately and make me feel like real man and make me laugh and I will do same for her at all times and everywhere we're, I want to watch her sleep and wonder what she is dreaming about or what she's thinking about us and the family. I want her to know how I like my foods to be made. I want to cuddle and watch a movie. I guess you could say I am looking for Ms. Right. Not just "Ms Right Now". I'm looking for forever loving relationship that I can love and cherish at all times no matter what we know we love each other without fears and will be there for each other, I'm sick and tired of games and being alone and also to let you know that I was married to my ex and I never cheat or lie to her b'fore until she decide to go away with a divorce after cheating on me with 3 different men on our matrimonial bed and since it has been one heart break after the other and I don't want to go there anymore. I want to grow old with the woman I'm going to join union with now if God permit I find her, I want her to be my last relationship and forever marriage, I was raise in Beverly Hills,CA but move to Pentwater,MI almost 10years now. My plan as to when i retire is to settle down with that special woman am looking for and open my own auto mechanic shop where we will be spending the rest of your lives together. and Please I will like to ask you a few questions that are very Important to me in a relationship and they are down below , BE GOOD

1) Does age and distance matters to you in a relationship ?

2) Would you like to relocate someday if God permit you meet or find the man you are looking for ?

3) Would you quit or stop the dating site if you meet the right man you are looking for if God permit ?

4) Are you ready and willing to settle down if you meet the right man of your heart and life ?

5) Have ever you date or talk to any military man in person or on the dating site before ?

6) Would you like to devote time and commitment to relationship if you meet the right man ?

7) How long have you been on the dating site ?

8) Have you met anyone serious you are getting to know much better yet ?

9) What do you do for a living and how long now ?

10) Would you like to give it a chance and get to know me well and see where it goes ?

11) Do you b'lieve in online dating site and think people can meet online and develop feelings for each other and all in love ? Two of my best friends found their wives on the site and so is my sister, So I b'lieve it's possible

12) Would you let your past experience haunt your future ? Relationship wise I mean.

13) Do you have trust issue ?

14) If you and I are partners right now b'tween me and your friends and family, Who would you trust most ?

15) Do you think every man is the same ?

16) Are you the kind of woman tht listens to what friends and outsiders says about your relationship and partner ?

17) Would you date a man who have a child?

18) If God permit things workout b'tween us, Will you accept my son ?

19) Describe yourself in two words ?

20) Are you a jealous woman ?

21) Where did you grow up ?

22) What did you do after high school ?

23) Do you think your kids will accept another man in your life ?

24) Wht are your kids name and how old are they ?

Yours Sincerely.
Kevin.

I was contacted Oct. 04, 2013 by Sergeant Kevin Butt Harry from OKCupid.com under the username Walk_besideme1 and was requested to receive emails from sergeant_butt@yahoo.com. Following that was the request to instant message under sergeant_butt. I received several pictures and the story that Kevin has been in the Army for 26 yrs and will be retiring within two months of our meeting online.He was currently stationed in Kabul, Afghanistan.
He was listed as living in Pentwater, MI. I adored his pictures and still enjoy them. Highest compliments to you Sir. Promises of marriage and buying two houses, one on the beach and the other near the mechanics shop he would open after retiring.

Request for items to be sent thru his commander's assistant using and email highwavesinc@gmail.com to a Mr. Newton who would then in turn send me the address to use for mailing packages. A cell call to 315-307-2809 which was a Call Wave messaging tracked to New York was given to alert Mr. Newton of the email being sent.
Items requested were valued at approx $1000.00 which included an unlocked gsm Samsung Galaxy SIII, Calvin Klein woven cotton boxers, 4 bags Chips Ahoy cookies, 5 bags disposable razors, 1honey, Paco Rabanne 1 Million Eau de Toilette, 6.8 oz, 2 G Shock Watches, in red and white, 2 Equate Cocoa Butter Conditioning Body Lotion, 2 Old Spice Sweat Defense Swagger Deodorant, 3 big white towels, 2 Alpine Xtreme Bath Gels.

He is still emailing, IM and texting me. I am glad to find this site for information as to how to best handle this situation. I am very happy to learn that Gordon is alive, healthy and still serving our country with the honor and respect he is due. My heart is a little road-rashed but I am out no money, just a lot of sleep. Guess the wedding is off :(

KRich
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby KRich » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:10 pm

Additional pictures I received in the last couple weeks.

Return to “Military scams”