It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

scammers with pictures of Sigmund Witt

African scammers posing as military personnel.
smartie
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: steve.parker@live.com

Postby smartie » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:07 pm

Thank you Ice - yes I completely forgot I'm sorry

Are you of the opinion that he is a scammer??

cmd

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:46 pm

Letters don't show any hints of Scammer......BUT.....IP give hints in Google.....and one thing, when you find in the Nickname or Emailaddress a "4", then its a sign of Scam coz its a Mugu Trademark...... :)

so, Rad Flag is up....be carefull with him....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

smartie
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby smartie » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Thank you so much Ice!

I have not replied to his e-mail as yet - I may just drop him a short reply and see what happens!!

I will be careful and thank you once again

will report anything suspicious!

cdm

zetaarnold
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby zetaarnold » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:13 pm

Hello calmedumb:
Be careful, maybe I am wrong, but messages sounds like kind of "copy-paste" and I seem to remember that face.
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark..." Shakespeare

smartie
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby smartie » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:41 pm

Thank you Zeta - I will be careful - I will know within a short space of time I am sure - I am already very alert and I have responded with just a short e-mail

Thank you once again - still not sure what a Mugu is but what or whoever - they can go pound sand!

You guys are the best!

cmd

BrightStar
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby BrightStar » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:59 am

I searched here and called me back to Steve Parker ---> Ramoss ???????????????

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=36335" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

smartie
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby smartie » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:46 am

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez! omg and thank you so much!

Well I have not received a response to my e-mail yet - but will be sure to post it on here if and when it arrives! The picture I have is very different although there was a second one which I for some reason could not download! I will have another go and see if it matches any of the ones on the other posts.

Holy whatever! The story is slightly different but I will post his ad from connecting singles and see what similarities there are!

thanks again - ok here is his ad from connectingsingles.com

lukn4m
LOOKING FOR SOMEONE FUN TO BE WITH
I am a:
55 yr-old man seeking women, 45-65
online today!
Height:
6' 2" (188 cm)
Body Type:
Slim/Slender
Ethnicity:
White/Caucasian
Religion:
Other
Smokes:
Never
Drinks:
Socially
Marital Status:
Widowed
Has Kids:
Yes, and they live with me
Wants Kids:
No Way

About me:
I'm told I'm funny, loyal and I call a spade a spade, and I'm neither hound nor hare. I love being around people who are comfortable in their own skin, seek the satisfaction of feeling successful in whatever they set out to do and to do things to the best of their ability. I have a youthful spirit and body with masses of optimism, energy and enthusiasm and believe I am a compassionate, romantic, discerning and sensual man with a warm nature. I love a good laugh and don't like to be around people who are serious all the time and forget life is way too short so they need to sometimes enjoy life as life is for living. Don't have much time for pretence and love people who are passionate about something, everyone should have a passion. I don’t like cooking much on my own as it is no fun but love to cook and experiment with food when I have a partner that enjoys doing the same along with a nice wine and some good laughs.
I’m looking for:
An honest and friendly lady. Someone who likes a laugh, meeting new people and some good times. A lady with a positive outlook on life and tries to see the "up" side of things, even if the going gets tough. A lady who likes having fun, travel and exploring. Someone who is content being themselves

Height:
6' 2" (188 cm)
Body Type:
Slim/Slender
Hair Color:
Dark Brown
Eye Color:
Brown
Ethnicity:
White/Caucasian
Education:
Masters Degree
Religion:
Other
Political/Government
Forces
Income:
No Answer
Smokes:
Never
Drinks:
Socially
Marital Status:
Widowed
Has Kids:
Yes, and they live with me
Wants Kids:
No Way
Looking for:
Long-term
Sign:
Virgo

ok here is the other picture he sent me on e-mail

This is all I have for the moment - he only started communicating with me 3 days ago and I have just had the one message on connectingsingles and the one e-mail - he does mention msn but he hasnt tried to connect with me on that yet.

I may be doing this guy an injustice but I get very aware now and check them all out on here before I get too involved with communication - I somehow think this is the same guy who has caused so much stress and pain to the other girls - time he was stopped!!!!

What really gets me is how they can attempt to bring disgrace to our armed services and our service men who are risking life to keep us all safe - hanging is too good for these b******S!

thanks everyone

cmd

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Jason Mcaughty - lt_jasonmc@yahoo.com

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Hmm, you think it´s the real "Robert Tindall" then? ... yeah... could be true. Scammer profiles are never that old...

I´m lost now who he is... the militarygear has two diff. names.

FWIK, the "Robert Tindalls" are all the same man...hard to tell with sunglasses, helmet and all...but the "narrow eyes" are always the same. I simply guess mugu has just wanted to "diversify" his gallery and therefore has stolen some family or casual shots from similarly uniformed soldiers, pictures that he maybe found on the above quoted blog.

Maybe mugu has taken several pics from soldiers from one and the same unit, hoping nobody would spot the difference.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

PennyCoyne
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby PennyCoyne » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:36 pm

A google of his email script brings up an exact match on the profile of a pilot called Julius age 56 on badoo

http://badoo.com/01164784283/

Penny :)

Come visit us in the chat room http://romancescambaiter.com/chat.htm

Never send any money to anyone you have only known through the internet and on the phone, they may not be who they claim to be
Beware there's Scammers out there

Don't forget to check any photos on http://www.scamdigger.com/ and http://www.tineye.com/

Please remember to post all scam reports on http://www.romancescam.com This excellent web site, which may have helped you today. Don't just read them, post them

Spread the word Beware of Scammers

PennyCoyne

smartie
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby smartie » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

oh my gosh!!! thank you so much!

The spooky thing just happened also - as I was reading the badoo info - my e-mail pinged and Mr Parker has just sent me another lengthy e-mail! His English is so perfect and his grammar is better that my English Tutors!!!!

here it is - with the header

From Steve Parker Witt Fri Jul 22 14:45:43 2011
X-Originating-IP: [74.115.209.31]
To:
Subject: STEVE MAIL AND PHOTOS TO YOU
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 13:45:43 +0000
Trimmed header - Ralph

My Dear xxxxxx
I am glad to hear from you again. I hope you are in the best of health and there is nothing worrying. I am doing well and your email has put a smile on my face and I hope mine also does the same. I will like to receive emails from you all the time and also chat on msn messenger or yahoo until I get to see you in person when my service ends and things work out between us as I won't be here for long. I have two dogs, a German shepherd and a Doberman. Please don’t hesitate if there is something you want to know about me. My son is William and he is 16. There is a woman has been working for me for years now and she takes care of my son when I am away from home. I am also looking for someone I can spoil and make her feel good and know she is being loved unconditionally and has nothing to worry about; I am a one woman man. I want a woman who feels young in mind and in heart and does not take life too seriously but can be serious when the occasion demands. Life is way too short to be serious all the time and we have to live it to the fullest with the people we love. I want a woman who is beautiful inside than the outside and is happy with herself and can even laugh at herself sometimes, I always remember my mum telling me in my youthful age that I should always look for inner beauty in a woman and not lust after her beauty because beauty will fade away with time and true love will last forever and stand the tests of time so this what I always look for in a woman and I hope that my quest will end here since I have found you, I hope you feel the same way too. I like to dress well and wear nice colognes to look good and smell good for my woman. I love to swim and friends say I am like a fish when it comes to swimming. I like to dance and there is salsa group I belong to. I will share more with you as time goes on. Dear you need not to worry about not having the pleasure of having a child and I know is the dream of every woman but once we are together everything I have belong to you and I believe In give and take in relationship and my son is going to love you as his own mother and hope that you are you are going to enjoy the joy of motherhood and all the good things that life have to offer.

I also like the beach and going for long walks in the park looking at the beautiful things in nature. I wish to do that with my partner hand in hand and have fun both in and out the home. I have traveled around the globe and seen many places hope to do that with you someday that is if things work out between us. My late wife was my best friend and everything, she was always there to be counted on and did everything to make me happy just as I did to her but she died battling cancer and since then I have been alone for years now concentrating on my work and my son but thank God my son is old now and doesn’t need me as much as he did years back. Now I feel I have to end this lonely life, there is a chance for me to be happy again with someone. I want to grow old with that special someone and all the rest you could ever think of. I want a relationship built on a solid foundation of love, trust, care, respect and most of understanding and honesty. I have been taught long ago that women are soft and they need to be pampered and loved and so I am the type who spoils my woman just to make her feel good and know she deserves all the best in life and in a relationship. I have given you much to read, guess I will stop here and hope to hear from you soon. Take care and stay sweet.
Regards,
Steve.

I'm confused LOL - the picture on Badoo looks like the Ramos character - I don't think they look like the pictures I have been sent - maybe vague similarities - who knows!!! I am just too too wary now - I think he is a scammer!!

thanks for all your help

I will consider whether or not to respond to the second e-mail and will take your advice!

cmd

BrightStar
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby BrightStar » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:02 am

IP: 74.115.209.31 San Diego, CA, United States
Hostname: 74.115.209.31
ISP: Fast Serv Networks, LLC ---> badlist
Organization: Netco Solutions
Services: None detected
Type: Corporate
Assignment: Static IP

and maybe in White Males !!!
http://spam-ip.com/lookup-185366-74.115.209.31.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by BrightStar on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

firefly

Bookmark and Share

Postby firefly » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:22 am

Both pictures already posed here can be found on http://galerie.dating-fraud.net/index.p ... wg_lang=en - MSgt. Simon Witt <simonwitt58@yahoo.com>
MSgt. Simon Witt aus Lagos/IP Adresse 41.220.69.6
<simonwitt58@yahoo.com> (together with another 37 pictures)

Other informations with pictures from this gallery:
- http://militarygear.com/asp/2010/12/20/ ... -scammers/ - "Sigmund Witt – Claims to be in Afghanistan. Is of Austrian parentage, lives in New York, has a 21 year old daughter. Claims his wife died in a car crash taking his dad to hospital."

- Sigmund VonWelf, on Facebook, username sigmund.vonwelf, Has worked at Swordbruden,Studied Get your arse kicked at University of Hard Knocks, 2066 friends, no other details.

- on sentimente.ro (dating site from Romania), username jerry_single, 48 years, from Newcastle, Australia, here for: Dating, newer been married: "hello to you all,i am Jerry and here looking for i woman to settle down with who i can have time for and love for the rest of my life.."

smartie
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby smartie » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:57 am

OMG!!

Thank You - Thank You - all of you!

Ok he is gone - deleted - trashed!

A disgrace to human society!!!

CMD :mad:

Joy57
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Jason Mcaughty - lt_jasonmc@yahoo.com

Postby Joy57 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:27 am

Carl Witt [wittcarl73@yahoo.com]
It was really nice chatting with you, despite i wanted more of you online, i've never felt so freely with anyone online before, let's keep in touch so we can work things out, i know i can'y come on there again so you have to try and set up the yahoo messenger thing so we can always talk and share feelings maybe someday we gonna meet and guess what am coming home soon, so you have all what could keep us together with you.....Hope to reading from you soon, hugs and kisses.
Cpt. Carl Witt

Don't ever compare me with anyone you have met online cuz am a different person, i am real and nothing more. Now am afraid cuz we agreed on taking my leave to you but you are saying a different thing entirely now that we could meet by December, are you saying the effort i've been making about the leave has wasted? All i want is you and i want you to be my wife, i am serious about us, i have seen the future and i want it to come to pass. Tell me now if you want me to stop my leave processing...i need to hear from you concerning this....
I miss you so very much joy
Cpt. Carl

I was on Mate1.com dating site and this guy wanted to chat. It was Capt. Carl Witt in Pakistan. We chatted on Yahoo for quite some time. After a couple of days he knew I was the one. The first indication he might be scamming me was during a chat he said wait a minute, I have an emergency. Then he came back on to say a soldier in security had come in and told him that the red light was blinking indicating that The Taliban had picked up on us. His solution was that we chat using VPN (Virtual Private Network) Long story short I was going to have to send money via Western Union to pay for this service. Apparently his money was sent stateside and he had no access to it while he was on this classified mission. I told him I would check into it and hire a computer guy to install this service if I needed it. He said no. Next day he decided he wanted to get a leave of absence to come meet me. I was to send a request to Richard Robert [ltc.richardr@rocketmail.com] and this is his response.
Attention! Attention! Attention
Joy ,,

I got your e-mail on the leave transit request in respect of your fiance Cpt. Carl Witt A transit leave form request is attached to this e-mail.
I there by huge you to kindly print it out,fill it and send a scanned copy to me in e-mail to continue with the leave process.Sorry for the late response,been dealing with the returning troops.
Please never let a day pass by without praying for out soldiers

Best regards
Ltc. Richard G.

The document looked fake and came in a jpg format...red flag...red flag thus I looked up the official form 80a/23 on the internet which confirmed my suspicion of a scam. They had not been able to get money from me so they were using this document to get personal information from me. I hope this helps someone in the future as I'm sure Capt. Carl Witt is already at it again.
Sincerely,
Joy57

Joy57
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Sgt Nelson Burrows - sgtnelsonburrows@yahoo.com

Postby Joy57 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:35 am

I too recieved these 3 photos from Capt. Carl Witt. Joy57
Removed full quote of Janex's post from here http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 40#p187640" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Ralph

Return to “Military scams”