It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Scammers with pics of Lt. Gen. William B. Caldwell, IV

African scammers posing as military personnel.
duraamp
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duraamp » Mon May 03, 2010 6:44 pm

Pictures stolen from Lt. Gen. William B. Caldwell, IV
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_B._Caldwell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This was from about a week and a half ago.

My mom fell for a scam. He was someone named "James Caldwell," posing as a 50something US military officer on match.com

So she already kind of had a soft spot for him considering her dad was a sergeant in army and our brother is also in the Army. They had been talking online for probably a week when he said he was wanting to send her a package.....considering her birthday is very soon she thought it was going to be some kind of birthday present.

Unfortunately she gave him our home address. He then told her what was in the package and he said it was $8.5 million. After she told me about this I was FREAKING OUT. I immediately checked what all this was about and recognized this as some kind of scam. He said he was going to ship the package through "Diplomatic shipping" which as far as I know can only be done if you work for the government or are in the military.

Fast forward to today and she's getting calls on her cell phone from country codes 011 and 233 which are American Samoa and Ghana. She never gave them her cell phone number but I can't imagine it's very hard to track that stuff down. She never answered the calls because she didn't recognize the phone numbers but they have sent text messages. A man calling himself "Muhamed Abdul Sallam," his spelling not mine, is having trouble leaving with the package because he has no documents for it and needs to get in touch with her about it.
It sounds like one of those scams where if she talks to them they are going to ask for money to "help get documents."

I am wondering how far will this actually go considering they have our home address? What about just ignoring them, will they just give up?

I feel bad about all of this, our dad passed away a few years ago and she wanted to get back out on the scene and she tries online dating the first time and it turned into this mess :cry:
Last edited by Igulinka on Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed to gold star

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: James Caldwell - jjames2356@hotmail.com

Postby red zora » Mon May 03, 2010 8:18 pm

they have sent text messages
with text messages the phone number will be always send...no matter if the phone number is hidden or not

Can you post pictures please?
She never answered the calls
Thats good, she should block him...no emails, no calls, no contact....but be carefull he could come back with another identity and it could be that he will start threaten your mother...be not be afraid he is in ghana
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =72&t=5149" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LEAVE YOUR SCAMMER WITHOUT WORDS,TELL HIM NOTHING!!!
How to use this board? Have a look here
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=18&t=63" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

duraamp
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duraamp » Mon May 03, 2010 8:22 pm

Yeah, I figured changing phone numbers might help.

It was just freaking me out when my mom phone calls and text messages from them :-o

I'll try and find out if she still has some pictures he used.

red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby red zora » Mon May 03, 2010 8:34 pm

Is this his picture?
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =72&t=5149" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=18&t=63" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby red zora » Mon May 03, 2010 10:27 pm

jjames2356@yahoo.com

http://profiles.yahoo.com/jjames2356" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

James

* Männlich(male)
Mitglied seit(member since): 12.04.2010
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!

duraamp
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duraamp » Mon May 03, 2010 11:36 pm

These were all the images he sent her.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

scammers with pics of Lt. Gen. William B. Caldwell, IV

Postby Myra » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:06 pm

pic 1 of previous post
stolen from
http:/ /edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/03/08/iraq.petraeus/
pic 3
http:/c/en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Major_General_William_Caldwell_speaks_with_Soldiers_and_Relief_Workers_in_New_Orleans.jpg
was not in the mood to search for all the others, just google Gen. Caldwell and search images ... :)

here the latest on him
williamb.caldwell@yahoo.com
another poor mugu afraid and alone in Afghanistan :cry:

Username: williamcaldwell
Name: William Caldwell
Ethnicity: British :lol:
in the process of getting divorced
as wife
cheated on me :twisted:

pic stolen from
http:/ /www.army.mil/-news/2009/01/22/15992-5-q ... ommandant/

my message
Opened 2011/02/08
Location Accra, Ghana (86% likelihood)
Opened on (196.201.51.17:5226)

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with pics of Lt. Gen. William B. Caldwell, IV

Postby Myra » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:55 pm

resurfacing with the email address
wbillcaldwell@yahoo.com
and the pic
stolen from http:/ /www.charlierose.com/view/interview/8982

not so dumb!
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

mgwilliamcaldwell@yahoo.com

Postby not so dumb! » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:20 am

This same person, or a person using that Lt. Gen William B. Caldwell name and pictures has also contacted me recently. Just a few hours after, and knowing practically nothing about me he more or less told me he liked me as a wife!!!! :shock: :lol:
I made it very clear to him what I thought of that. And also I told him I wanted him to prove me that he was the person he was claiming to be (name, pics, etc)
He pretended not to understand what I meant and said "I am Lieutenant General William Caldwell"
Then I asked him about the recent Press scandal about him and... he did not have a clue about it :cry:
He said that he has so many interviews with the Press and Television that he could not remember :mrgreen:
I did not ask him to send me pictures so the ones I have are the ones in any web site, and the ones on his
skype profile.
Basically, what made me aware of what was going on was his use of the English language. On the one hand it seemd quite fluent and well educated one on his quotes (taken from I don´t know where) But when he had to write something, he was very slow and then the results, as written English is concerned, were very poor, just like young people sending short MSM messages. After all that I started my own investigations and I landed on this web site and this forum, with a collection of pictures of -I imagine- the real person.
I am sad for the real William Caldwell, whose personality has been taken and used by this other person, whoever he is.
Let us feel sad for him, the lier. But at the same time beware of the latent dangers these scammers represent ;)

not so dumb too!
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby not so dumb too! » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:48 am

A person claiming to be General William Caldwell 3 star contact me, so far has been very gentlemanly and never made mention of money or anything for that matter, what intrigued me from the beginning is that motivates a man his position to get women on the Internet, in addition to expressing love and talking marriage. So far I've gone along, because as I said before, has not asked for money or to send or receive anything on their behalf .... I make personal questions about her family, parents, wife, children, as reported by the Internet effectively, he says he was married 2 times, also has 5 points but older children, which makes me suspicious because in some photos of no more than 4 years appears with his wife and 3 children even smaller. But as reported by the same as here, the pictures that are sent which any person can make publishing on the Internet, there are many tips that I believe that it would hiceron General W. Caldwell.
As I am not someone to be looking for friends online, I decided to find out a bit and found this page that made me confirm my suspicions. Your email is willamcaldwell@yahoo.com have an account in skype. From what I read here, always use yahoo addresses ... this will have any special intentions.
Now I would like to understand why if this person so far I have not asked for money, what is your real intention? I have come to believe by its insistence on marriage is a foreigner needs to enter the country and this must be married to a citizen of that country, but in my case where I live is not as difficult to enter, live and acquire nationality, nor had he been a sexual abuser looking for a sexual adventure for a chat ... which is the real purpose of contacting women posing as someone else?

I would like to give me their opinions and see if this man has been recently engañanso someone else

Ralph Warner
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ralph Warner » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:56 am

Hi and welcome, the man you have been in touch with is a scammer, his only intention is to encourage you to send him money, the only reason he has not yet asked you for money is because he is not comfortable that you would send it to him yet so instead he is trying to get you to fall in love with him first.

The best advice i can give you is for you to stop all contact immediately, refuse his calls and ignore his emails, no contact at all from you and he will leave you alone.

What we have found in teh past is that when people know its a scam and continue emailing they end up either telling the scammer what made them suspicious and teaching them what parts of their scam to brush up on or they end up getting caught back in the scammers lies, ignore him completely and post his details.

meanwhile, take a look through our FAQ, there is a link below this post in my signature line where it says "CLICK HERE", if you have any questions after that please ask
"Thou shall read thy FAQ" CLICK HERE for salvation
Has your scammer sent you to any websites, it may have been fake.

Mabelaine
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mabelaine » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:07 am

I also get letters from lt.gen.William Caldwell.See what he writes
Good day to you, i hope this finds you well. It was good to chat with you and to talk about those stuffs about you, about your work and your life, thank you for sharing. You come across like a really nice and outgoing woman and with all honesty i would say you are my kind of woman, i am glad to be friends though. I want a woman to love me for who i am and not what i am. I want to be your best friend and confidant as i must confess i feel very comfortable chatting with you.

I was married for nearly 25years and separated for 5years, Divorce just came through just a couple of weeks ago and with this i am glad. After my separation and break up with my ex wife i resigned from life and love and was deeply committed to my job and service, cos i was deeply hurt, i caught my wife cheating and i could not tell or share with anyone cos she was my best friend and family. This was the woman i trusted and loved, so i bet you know what that means. I didn't talk about it to anyone but it nearly killed and ruined me but then i realized that life must go on so i had let go of everything and now i'm ready to move on.
Then he sent his photos,his children photos as well.
What a pity that lt.gen.W.Caldwells is used by someone whose intentions I dont really know.

Mortus69
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mortus69 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:07 am

Hey there guys. This guy is still active.
He did it to my mother too.

Started as friendly ish. after a month he mentioned a $5.5mil compensation that he received and needed to send it to her before him meeting my mom.

Same story. Send her a package and bullshit about needing money cos he cant get it from the base. Then unable to pass it through security. Asked for around €6000. Which she paid.
After a week or so he asked for another €3000. And started getting aggressive and guilt tripping her into it through emotional blackmail. Stuff like telling her that she's lying to him and all kinds of stuff.

I wanna know if anyone can help me track down this SOB so we can put him behind bars since he's committing fraud by pretending to be LT.GeneralWilliam.

The whole thing lasted for 2 months so far and all talk about marriage, house on the beach in Florida and all kinds of stuff. My mom was emotionally lonely and he listened to her and made her feel special with poems and shit. and finally totally abused her kindness and after taking all her money, he's also talking her into getting into debt. Keep an eye out.

And please tell me if there's a way to track him down!

Ralph Warner
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ralph Warner » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:37 am

The person who has been writing to your mother operates anonymously from an internet cafe using fake names and stolen pictures, the police in your country have no jurisdiction where the scammer is and the police where teh scammer is are easily bribed or have other things to do besides chasing internet criminals which are virtually impossible to get behind bars.

The important thing for the moment is to keep your mum from any further loss or hurt and she can do that by not responding to any more emails from him and be on the lookout for any other scams.

Our FAQ has a lot of great information for you and your mum so please take a look through it and if you can get your mum to participate here as well.

The FAQ will answer most of your questions but if there is anything else please ask
"Thou shall read thy FAQ" CLICK HERE for salvation
Has your scammer sent you to any websites, it may have been fake.

Mortus69
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

lt.genwbc@yahoo.com

Postby Mortus69 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:43 am

lt.genwbc@yahoo.com

Thats the only email account we have of him. And its a yahoo one just like others before me explained.

Return to “Military scams”