It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

NIGERIAN SWEETHEART SCAM HAS DECEIVED INDONESIAN WOMAN

Articles and media
jan_inspires73
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby jan_inspires73 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:27 am

'Nigerian sweetheart scam' is not only operates outside the country. That Network has been deceiving the women in almost all parts of the world is now also operating in major cities in Indonesia.

One of the victims, call Jenifer, have lost money in excess of IDR 700 million. To collect that much money, Jenifer had to sell jewelry, cars, and mortgaged the house.

"He lost a lot of money, now weak because the deceived many people," said Judha Sasmita, close associates spoke with the victim when the AFP, Wednesday (09/01/2010).

These scams originated from the introduction Jenifer with a man who claimed to be from the United States (U.S.). The man was admitted as a soldier who was on duty in the United States.

"After an acquaintance on the internet, this man had also exchanged messages. He said to send a parcel to my friend," said Judha.

To Jenifer, the man told her, the parcel will be taken by his friend, a UN staff, to Indonesia. That person will contact Jenifer says so up in Indonesia.

"Then my friend got a call from someone who claimed the UN staff. He requested permission to open the parcel. When called, the person using the English language," said Judha.

Jenifer, who did not take ownership of the parcel, allowing the person is open. But Jenifer ask the person with the permission of the American soldiers who remain in Iraq. "My friend said, okay, but permission to have the parcel, because it was not mine," said Judha.

Before long, Jenifer returned phone calls by men who claim that the UN staff. But this time, the man vilify Jenifer as a fraud. "He said to my friend, you deceive me, it money parcel," said Judha.

Then the man asked for UN staff Jenifer transfer money around IDR 300 million so the money is not illegal. If Jenifer did not want to pay, the man will catch Jenifer to jail for 30 years.

"My friend was scared, then he transferred the money into the BCA account requested by the man," he said.

Not quite up there, Jenifer still have to send money back to the man of IDR 700 million. "It is still requested the transfer again, still to BCA account but on behalf of others," said Judha.

Out of fear, Jenifer was seeking to borrow money again to his friends. But all that was not enough. He was again called and requested a greater money over IDR 1 billion. Jenifer give up this time. He then contacted Judha, who happened to be a lawyer, to help him.

After telling Judha, new Jenifer know if he cheated. "She was limp," said Judha. Currently this case is being handled by police.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Re: NIGERIAN SWEETHEART SCAM HAS DECEIVED INDONESIAN WOMAN

Postby Marisa » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:46 am

thanks for the articles, where were they published? who is the author??
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

The Wild Geese
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby The Wild Geese » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:59 am

I feel very sorry for these Asian victims. :( I lost about one half of this Jennifer lost but it still emptied my bank account. How about her? She must be on real trouble now. Knowing the average wage of these Indonesian people then, getting hold of this 700million IDR is really a lot of money for her. Yes, love is blind and deaf and above all fear is infinite! :cry:
Nothing wrong of being an Engr. as long as you are real. :-)

blue-butterfly
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby blue-butterfly » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:01 pm

hi marisa,

the article is from
http://www.detiknews.com/read/2010/09/0 ... p-700-juta" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lots of information about scammers lately :evil: :evil:

Return to “Articles and media”