It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

News Report - Nigerian Scammers In Malaysia

Articles and media
Mini
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mini » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:50 am

News Report on Monday 16 Atugst 2010 :

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNew ... 66902.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

kumang71
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: News Report - Nigerian Scammers In Malaysia

Postby kumang71 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:24 am

I am one of the victim and I am from Malaysia. I know that the scammers are all over the country because they still want to contact me and when I check their IP, they are from various part of Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur, Seremban, Melaka and even Pulau Pinang. I wonder why the Malaysian government didn't do anything about it even they know the matter become more serious. So sad... :(

Jayne Hew
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

200 cheated of RM10mil by Africans in town

Postby Jayne Hew » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:39 am

200 cheated of RM10mil by Africans claiming to be college boys

Read on...
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mini
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

RP Embassy in Malaysia Warns Against “Customs Scam”

Postby Mini » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:05 pm

RP Embassy in Malaysia Warns Against “Customs Scam”
Friday, 06 August 2010 10:04 Public Information Service Unit

06 August 2010 - The Philippine Embassy in Malaysia warned Filipinos, particularly those working and residing in Southeast Asia, of the so-called "customs scam".

The scam, usually targeting women holding stable jobs in reputable companies, involve promises of securing a valuable package in exchange for remitting money to the perpetrators. This is in the light of a case involving a Filipina construction project secretary in Brunei who met a certain British national named Mr. Hans Owen through the internet. Mr. Owen later became her fiancé-apparently even without having met him face-to-face-allegedly sent her a "valuable package" that purportedly required customs clearance during a stopover in Malaysia.
Mr. Owen convinced the Filipina to remit US$9,200 through Western Union to a certain Mr. Nasir Eric, allegedly a resident of Bandar Baru in the Kuala Lumpur suburb of Ampang. The money was sent in two tranches-one on June 17 and another on June 18.

Other than the two remittances, she also reportedly sent £780 to Mr. Owen on June 25.

Not suprsingly, no package arrived and the Filipina has not heard from either man or recovered her money.

The Embassy has reported the case to the Interpol section of the Malaysian Police and is continuously following up on the case.

Meanwhile, news reports in Kuala Lumpur revealed that a group of four Nigerians and two Malaysian who are in the "customs scam" was arrested after a woman senior executive in a private firm in Penang state reported them.

The woman executive responded to an email message that she can secure a valuable package if she assisted the Nigerians in settling some tax payments and other formalities, before the customs department can clear the goods. She later complained to the police that she lost Malaysian Ringgit (RM) 30,000 (US$9,375) to the syndicate.

Police arrested the four Nigerians, who are holders of Malaysian student visas. The two Malaysians arrested with them were "dummies" used to open local bank accounts to facilitate the scam.

The Malaysian police is investigating the group's possible links to other syndicates operating in the country. END

edgie56
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby edgie56 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:43 am

Im from the Philippines, Im a victim last week of this Malaysian Scammers... the very same operandi was used on me...they got $2000 from me for valuable package that has been pending in malaysia's custom who was send by my suppose-to-be fiancee JOHN BROWN from UK.

Now, The courier company is gone (website unaccessible, my last email bounced backed, phones unreachable in Malaysia, they also have a Philippine cellphone number used by there bogus diplomat agent!)

I feel so sick...and I havent told anybody about this. Can you help me where to report this? I tried emailing the malaysian royal police but my email just bounced back.

Please help...

rachelcanada
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby rachelcanada » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:52 pm

I was almost scammed! This guy pretended that he is Bristish . We exchanged emails for more than two weeks and he said that he is going to meet me here in Canada after he's transactions in Kaula Lumpur. Then he called me that he needs money to free himself ,because people in Malaysia took all the money that he has, and he couldn't fly back home. I sensed that something strange is going on and I confronted him then he got so upset and he told me that he didn't want to hear from me anymore. He got several numbers registered in the Uk and he got the number registered in Malaysia.
I have his email address and the phone number in Malaysia. what should I do? I am positive that he is a Nigerian man because I spoke to him several times. I even confronted him that he speaks like chinese not British and he was very upset.
:lol:
What should I do? I have his number registered in Malaysia. I want to report him. Any suggestion People?

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:25 pm

What should I do? I have his number registered in Malaysia. I want to report him. Any suggestion People?
Post all his details on the site. The more information the better. The sad fact is that the authorities will do very little about this, so your best course of action is to put his details online to help warn others.

Return to “Articles and media”