It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Nigerian Scam arrest

Articles and media
geecee
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Nigerian Scam arrest

Postby geecee » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:54 pm

An arrest has been made in Nigerian Internet scam...
Read all about it...

Nigerian Scam arrest

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

geecee
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Nigerian Scam arrest

Postby geecee » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:07 pm

The Enchantress
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby The Enchantress » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:23 pm

Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.

Click here > Advice - useful links

geecee
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby geecee » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Another Nigerian scam arrest has been reported...
Friday 22nd July, 2011
Abiola Ahmed, Notorious Female Scammer In Nigeria arrested
Sudden arrest of most wanted female scammer in Nigeria, Abiola Ahmed has become a source of major relief for several victims that have lost their hard-earned money through her scams.

She was arrested last week by the operatives of Special Fraud Unit (SFU) of the Nigeria Police Force at a bank in Lagos where she had gone to cash a N95 million bank draft. She had also been on the most wanted list for other charges like impersonation, forgery and financial crime totaling N130 million.

The 40 year-old fraudster was said to have divorced her husband, one Mohammed Hassan for whom she bore two children, because he advised her to stop her fraudulent activities and took the custody of the kids.

According to Public Relations Officer of the SFU, Ngozi Isintume, an Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP), the woman ran out of luck when she and her associates-in-crime (Vincent Ezechere and Pastor Onyechere) attempted to fraudulently sell a piece of land to a suspecting buyer for N95 million, who then alerted the police and was advised to play along.

Ahmed and her cohorts had cloned the certificate of occupancy (C of O) and deed of assignment of a landed property in a choice area of Lekki and gave the price of the land to their victims as N95 million.

With the assurance from the police, the prospective buyer issued a bank draft for N95 million in one of the several names that Abiola Ahmed has been impersonating and was promptly arrested and taken to the police’s SFU base where she confessed to committing the crimes and her cohorts were also arrested.

In her admittance statement, Abiola said: “I did some of the things they are accusing me of, but there were some I did not participate in. It was one of my friends, Ayo, who introduced me to his fraudulent business because of the quick cash in it and the financial problem I had.”

“The first deal was N21 million .The second deal was N14 million. The third was N95 million. I was not aware of the fourth deal involving money vehicles and that. My role was to go to the bank and cash the money for the syndicate. Once I withdraw the money, I hand it over to them. from it, they gave me 10 percent commission .I only collected 10 percent . “

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:15 pm

I can see why they would want to arrest her ... she's scamming her own people. I don't think they like that.
Help us keep scammers stupid Post his details here to warn others, then walk away without explanation. Confrontation alerts scammers & makes them change their identities...which makes all your hard work outdated. It messes with their minds if they don't know why you walked away.

The Wild Geese
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby The Wild Geese » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:00 am

Yes Duckie! It bleeds when they scam people of their own race but it is okay if the scammer scams people from other country! :evil:
Nothing wrong of being an Engr. as long as you are real. :-)

geecee
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby geecee » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:30 am

The man admitted bilking 30 thousand USD in a dating fraud scam.
Named as Maxwell Gbogboade, a 45-year-old Nigerian who has been in jail since his arrest on the 19th May 2011. This week was handed a time served to 23-month prison sentence following his guilty plea to a charge of attempted theft. The Judge ordered his immediate parole, and also gave Gbogboade a three-year probation sentence that will begin after he completes his parole time. This means that Gbogboade will remain under court supervision for approximately the next four years. No additional arrests have been made in the case.

Return to “Articles and media”