It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

interesting site - EFCC - to report Nigerian scams!!!

Is it possible?
sandemanne
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby sandemanne » Sun May 20, 2007 4:49 pm

http://www.efccnigeria.org/

interesting stuff but i dont know if it will help any

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Sun May 20, 2007 11:29 pm

I agree, scammers are mostly afraid of EFCC. Much more than FBI, IC3 and such. They even threaten each other with EFCC.

I also don't know if it will do any good and help catch scammers, but maybe your report will be that last straw that breaks the camel's back. Definately worth trying if you lost money.

Just keep in mind, there are many scammers out there pretending to work for EFCC and promising you to get your money back.

I doubt the real EFCC will ever contact victims and promise them any money back. If you want to report a scammer, go directly to their official website and report through the site, don't reposnd to those e-mails send to you out of the blue supposedly by EFCC.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Muguhunter
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Muguhunter » Sun May 20, 2007 11:52 pm

I received a rubbish email from efccnigeria_crimereduction@ inMail24.com. The sender was a mugu with the name Martins Aluede, who claimed to be the Director of EFCC. The message was written in the worst English I have ever seen by now. He was saying that my scammer was arrested and they would pay me back if I furnish them with relevant info.
I did not take this message serious because it was obviously another scam attempt. In addition I knew that inMail24 is another free email provider. On the other hand, real EFCC will contact people by xxxx@efccnigeria.org, which is their official email address.
Last edited by Muguhunter on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Mon May 21, 2007 12:23 am

They even tried to post their crap on this board! This is the message they posted, this is SCAM!!!
WE ARE INVESTIGATIVE PANEL WHO ARE TRYING TO HELP AND SECURE LOST FUNDS TO NIGERIANS WHO CLIAM TO BE WHITE MEN AND WOMEN WHILE THEY ARE NOT.

WE ARE ALSO CONTACTING THOSE THAT ARE VICTIMS OF NIGERIANS WHO CLAIM TO TRANSFER FUND TO YOU WHILE THEY ARE NOT TRAFSERING ANYTHING ALL THEY DO IS TO USE THE WAY TO EXTORT MONEY FROM PEOPLE.

PLEASE IF YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED AND YOU WANT YOUR MONEY PAID BACK TO YOU BY OUR BANK HERE THROUGH US KINDLY CONTACT: DR DONALD SMITH( antifraudinvestigation@yahoo.co.in) SO HE WILL GIVE YOU THE NEXT PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW.

REGARD

FUND INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT
I will add EFCC to the sticky topic "I have been scammed!"
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

gfmendes
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby gfmendes » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:36 pm

Sincerely... I don´t see any result in contact EFCC. Because I have one process in Lagos/Nigeria when Nigerians bank criminals steal some money from me.
I never receive any position from EFCC, I believe this agency don´t have interest to solve from foreigners.
That place are end of world, without any information correctly, so much persons without any interest in work.
Some persons in that place are very easy to corrupt. I lost approximately USD$ 15.000,00, with Moneygram transfers, and my two travel to Lagos to solve anything.
I contacted one laywer there called Tayo Omosehim, but nothing was done.
I travel twice to London and Lagos for nothing. The Prudent Bank (fraudulent) was changed to Skye Bank, some bastards are working there, in Matori branch.
I can´t get see nothing in this EFCC agency... nothing. :cry:

If any user of this site get sucess, very nice... this is a very lucky.

Sorry Marisa, but this is my truth.

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:31 pm

You don't have to be sorry, actually I totally agree with that.

Personally, I am convinced that NOTHING can be done. Legally. I heard so many stories of people contacting Interpol, FBI, EFCC, ic3, etc... But honestly, I never heard of anybody recovering their money and any scammer being caught as a result of somebody's particular complaint.

EFCC does raid the Internet cafes in Nigeria occasionally, and some scammers get caught during these raids. Some get caught because they get greedy and don't want to share with bosses, so their own jealous people turn them in. But NOT because of overseas victims complaints.

This is all waste of time. But sometimes it is hard to explain this to victims. They need hope that smth can be done. So, I tell them: file a complaint here, file a complaint there.. What else I am supposed to say?? Forget about it and move on with your life?? That's not what people want to hear. But I personally don't believe in it. JMHO.

I believe in exposure, education of public and prevention. That's why I opened this site. For pro-active approach. To prevent and educate. Not to catch and prosecute.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

virtualkid
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

A new scammer is in the process..

Postby virtualkid » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:09 pm

Hello all,

I have a fresh Nigrian scammer who is in the process of giving me sob stories, if only they knew my real story I might end up FOR REAL getting money from them :grin: LOL :twisted: . But anyway , I would like to see if I can catch them, I have not sent them any money, but I think the next email might be asking for some money.

So, any help here, much appreciated.

Cheers!
VK

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:49 am

Sorry, but you cannot catch them. This has been said many times on this board. This is a self-delusion.

If they know any real info about you, like your real name and address, DUMP them. Walk away. It is not safe.

If they don't know your real info, you can bait them and waste their time and expose them on the scamlists.

Reporting is a waste of your time, really. But if you insist, you can report them to IC3 and EFCC, and to Western Union and Money Gram, if you sent money and have receipts. Will not do any good, but will give you the feeling that "at least I tried".
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

evamaritha
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

scamming

Postby evamaritha » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:43 pm

Hi !

I´m new here and have to ask U how to handle "my" scammer.
I was scammed and "still are" sinse I have "my" scammer still "with me".
I have send him money and heard the warningbell in my head but still he seemed so very nice and kind. He got sick and had a lot of strange excusis for why he could not pay the hospitalbills himself and I was dum enough to let him convise me why he could not pay it himself and that I should get my money back as soon as he could get to his own money.
My quest is (as I still got contact whit him) if there is a chanse to get him behind bars if I can give "the legal helpers" his fresh phonenumber?
I still got contact whit him and don´t think that he now that I have found out about him.
I would like to get an answer of what I can do and how I can do to get him "out of order". Sinse he don´t now that I found out I would be very happy if anyone can tell me what to do right now ??
I understand that I want get any money back but I want to put an end to his scamming if I can. I have seen pictures of him here on this site and I´m now out of tears and just want him stoped.
If U can tell me what to do right now or as soon as possible I would be very glad.

Kindly Evamaritha.

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:30 am

Please read my post above. It totally applies to your situation, too.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

evamaritha
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Sorry !

Postby evamaritha » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:49 pm

Hi Marisa !

I´m so sorry that I didn´t get it all when I was reading this topic.
I just found out, the night before yesterday, that the man I where waiting for here in Sweden and who where supposed to arraive to me then from Nigeria, was scamming me and I have had problems to understand, when my daughter found his name, when she search for him on googles. She had been suspiches and didn´tknow that I was sending him money. Still she though that it was something that was not right with this guy. I´Have had "small" warningbells ringing in my head but I do think, most of the time, that I should be able to trust people because they can trust me.
I have learned a hard and expensive lesson of this and I was so confused Yesterday of all this that came up, that I have had hard to understand a lot of things around all this about scamming and hope that U can excuse me for not beeing able to read it all right.
I have MS, an illness that is breaking down my nervsystem and have sometimes hard to get all that I reading and hearing and when I b´get stressed it gets even more difficult to understand, so forgive me.
I will now try to stop his contact with me and pull myself together and try to be able to contribute whit what I have been put trough by this scammer.
My daughter found a picture of him here and phoned me from England where she lives and was so sad to tell me what she had found out about him.
Still I think it´s good to let it be "real" about what U´r dealing whit, rather than go as I did and not be sure.
It hearts very much but at the same time it is a relife to know.

I´ll try to pull myself together and see if I can be to any use for U and all the other members anfd those whos still out there beeing scammed.

Thank U Marisa for having this site.

Kindly Evamaritha.

Return to “Prosecution of African Scammers”