It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

German TV will mention "Nigeria Connection" tonight

Articles and media
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:53 am

Tonight on 8:15 CET, German TV "hr", in their magazine format "m€x" will also mention the "Nigeria Connection: Fleecing old ladies [sic]".

The other topics mentioned in the non-English site below are of no concern to scams.

http://www.hr-online.de/website/fernseh ... ubrik=2634" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to IceFM for the hint :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: German TV will mention "Nigeria Connection" tonight

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:28 pm

Well better than nothing. Now a few millions around Frankfurt , who watch regional TV, have heard about mugus and 419. Says 17 Million will Mugus make this year but I´d think it must be more.....
They get here in Germany family information from the court; was about Lawyer letter from Lagos Bank--------grandma from 85 years should pay 10.000€ fees to get her nigeria millions. Send 30.000 mails per week.....with the name of all family members and they've used thid name to make letter personal. Police can do nothing coz no Law with Nigeria, you must go self to Nigeria and try to get them. they've shown a woman which was victim and she founded a organisation against mugus and they've shpwn how she goes to court in Nigeria and fights by the lawyer.

Personally I´d say it´s all crap! Why dont the TV guys ask someone who can say something about prevention, research etc. I bet instead they asked the first clueless police spokesperson they found...these things are bad. they are bewldering. could bring victims towards unrealistic and dangerous ideas.
:roll:
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Everyone who has seen it is of course invited to leave constrictive criticism :)

http://www.hr-online.de/website/fernseh ... ubrik=2644" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:16 pm

After our Chat discussion last night I've watched this Report once more.

Its true, the nigerian Police said that the Mugus send every week atleast 30.000 Lawyer letters. "Only" 1% react of this Letter, means 300 Scam cases. The Mugus get in a illegal way privat Family information through the legacy court. So they can send very privat letters with family details.......
They mentioned one case where the Mugus told a woman that her Husband have invested b4 20 years in a dam project in Nigeria. Now its time to get the money. She traveled to Nigeria to get the money and went direct in the trap.
There she had to pay Fees to the Notary; Bankbosses and government representative.....around 150.000€. On the end she wanted to kill herself. Then she worked with the government there together and founded a anti-corruption agency. They have shown also a nice movie where the woman fight in the court in Lagos with the lawyer.....
after 12 years!!!!! the Mugu paid her the lost money back.

The channel suggested people, when they want money back from the Mugus, to go to Nigeria alone and to investigate alone there coz Police from Germany can nothing do.......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Irresponsible :(

No reply back from the HR (yet); I´ve only offered another source (us ourselves) for them and left some constructive criticism. Go ahead, you can, too :) see the above link of hr-online.

About "got the money back", it will end like with the lady who came to RS last night (and has disappeared since). Either the fake checks will bounce and the police will come knocking on HER door or the flashed bank account will all of a sudden be empty again and the police will ring asking questions about money laundering. Or the scam victim whose own money landed in the ladies´ account now will bring the police to the lady´s door.

Her not replying at all leads us to the worst conclusions.

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Report in HR

Postby IceFM » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:34 pm

This evening was in german TV "MEX" from HR again a Report about the nigerian Mafia. Funny, I've seen the same Pics in a other Programm for a Romancecam Story......I remeber very well about this earlier report coz they've shown again this german woman who's in Nigeria by the court......also on the end was the same stupid comment, that people should travel self to Nigeria when they want her money back. I've written about this earlier Report a long report but I can't find it here. We had also a Discussion about this Report.
This Report one can watch online.......5min.

http://www.hr-online.de/website/fernseh ... ubrik=2634" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Report in HR

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Sounds like a repeat. I remember all these keywords, and the wrong advice, from just a few months ago. :(

EDIT Found and merged. It´s the same programme.

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:51 pm

Thanx........Typical german TV.......we call it "Summerhole"......

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:53 pm

^^Took some tries to find this topic because "mEx" is spelled with an Euro sign :D

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Tonight again, 21:00 CET, hr3, in MEx

Lioness1

Bookmark and Share

Postby Lioness1 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:02 pm

@Frumpy, thank you, HR we do not have in the cable TV, but I hope I can watch it in the "Mediathek" of HR??? Would be interesting, right? :)

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:23 pm

Ice has messaged me about it so I have relayed it to here :) in Lower Saxony it´s viewable over DVBT; right, it should be in the mediathek after anyway :)

Lioness1

Bookmark and Share

Postby Lioness1 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:56 pm

@FrumpyBB

for waiting until then: "XY ungelöst" since more than 40 years! :cool:

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Oh no :( it was TIL 9 PM, not from 9 PM :(

red zora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby red zora » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:00 pm

That one is interesting too
http://www.mdr.de/umschau/artikel42382.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Love scamming" - Heiratsschwindel im Internetzeitalter

Suchten Heiratsschwindler vor Jahren ihre Opfer noch in den Kleinanzeigen der Tageszeitung, sind sie heute im Internet unterwegs. Die Anonymität des Mediums verschafft ihnen leichtes Spiel. Reale Treffen sind nicht mehr notwendig, sie bauen lediglich eine virtuelle Abhängigkeit zu den Frauen auf, um sie dann finanziell zu schädigen. "Love scamming" heißt die Masche.
"Love scamming" - marriage fraud in the Internet Age

Sought marriage swindler years ago their victims even in the classifieds of the newspaper, they are now browsing the Internet. The anonymity of the medium gives them an easy game. Real meetings are no longer necessary, they only build on a virtual dependency of the women in order to be financially damaging. "Love scamming" is the mesh.

Christine lebt alleine. Ihr Sohn ist erwachsen und aus dem Haus. Die Bauingenieurin ist auf der Suche nach einer neuen Liebe. Die erhofft sie bei der Internetpartnerbörse "Friendscout24" zu finden. Kurz nach der Anmeldung meldet sich ein Mann mit einer englischsprachigen Email bei ihr. Der stellt sich als "Mark Walker" vor, 49-jähriger Witwer aus dem englischen Oxford. Erst schreiben sie sich nur übers Internet, dann telefonieren sie bis zu drei Mal am Tag. Christine fühlt sich wie auf Wolke 7: "Ich hatte einen Partner gefunden, der voll auf mich einging. Es kam nie das Thema Sex auf, das bis dato bei Chats immer das Thema Nummer eins war." Dann berichtet der Mann von seinem elfjährigen Sohn Richard, der sich auf die neue Mutter freue. Als Christine den Jungen am Telefon hört, bestärkt das ihren Glauben an die Existenz der bis dahin nur virtuellen Liebe.
Christine lives alone. My son is grown and out of the house. Civil engineer is looking for a new love. They hoped in the internet brokerage find "Friendscout24". Shortly after registration, a man's voice with an English email to her. Which presents itself as a "Mark Walker" in front, 49-year-old widower from Oxford, England. First they write only on the Internet, then they call up to three times a day. Christine feels like being on cloud 7: "I had found a partner that went down on me It never fully on the subject of sex, which was previously in chat was always the number one issue.". Then reported the man by his eleven year old son Richard, who was looking forward to the new mother. Christine as the boy on the phone hears reinforces their belief in the existence of the previously only virtual love.
Überweisungen für den Traummann
Ein Mann steckt ein Überweisungsformular in den Briefkasten einer Bank
Immer wieder überweist Christine ihrem vermeintlichen Traummann viel Geld.

Dann kündigt "Mark Walker" ein Kennenlerntreffen an. Christine sieht sich schon in den Armen ihres Traummannes. Doch der erklärt, dass er vorher noch zu einem Geschäftstermin nach Ghana müsse. Um dort ein Hotelzimmer zu reservieren, benötige er 500 Euro. Christine überweist. Dann meldet sich der Mann aus der ghanesischen Hauptstadt Accra mit einer weiteren Geldforderung. Für den Flug zu Christine benötige er weitere 2.000 Euro, sagt er. Christine überweist das Geld. Der Mann fordert mit immer neuen Geschichten wiederholt Geld. Er erzählt, dass er für die Behandlung des Sohnes nach einem Verkehrsunfall Geld brauche. Christine will ihm weiter helfen, hat jedoch kein Geld mehr auf dem Konto. Nun nimmt sie sogar einen Kredit auf und überweist weitere 3.000 Euro. Das tut sie alles im guten Glauben, demnächst ihren Traummann kennenzulernen.
Remittances for the dream man
A man puts a remittance form in the mail box of a bank
Christine has repeatedly about her supposed dream man a lot of money.

Then announces, "Mark Walker" to an introductory meeting. Christine sees himself in the arms of her dream man. But who says that he had previously been to a business meeting in Ghana. Order to reserve a hotel room, he needed 500 euros. Christine transfers. Then the man from the Ghanaian capital Accra reports with another demand for money. For the flight to Christine he needed further € 2,000, he says. Christine transfers the money. The man repeatedly called with new stories money. He says that he needs to treat the son after a traffic accident money. Christine will help him further, but has no money in the account. Now she even takes out a loan and has more than 3,000 euros. She does everything in good faith, will soon meet her dream man.
Auch Lebenserfahrung schützt nicht

Dann kommt der Schock: Durch Zufall erfährt Christine von der deutschen Botschaft in Ghana, dass sie auf einen Schwindel hereingefallen ist. "Love scamming" nennt sich diese Betrugsmasche. Christine ist fassungslos: "Ich war wie in so einem Schockzustand, aus dem ich überhaupt nicht raus gekommen bin. Es hat lange gedauert, ich hab mich dann auch krankschreiben lassen." Trotz Lebenserfahrung und Studium ist sie in diese Falle getappt.

"Wenn ich es schaffe, in einem Menschen Bilder und Gefühle entstehen zu lassen, dann sind die für das Gehirn echt. Und dann sind die auch zurück mit Emotionen verbunden. Dann entsteht natürlich, auch wenn ich den Menschen noch nie gesehen habe, trotzdem eine Beziehung."
Jörg Hartig, Psychologe aus Leipzig

Also life experience does not protect

Then comes the shock: By chance, Christine learns of the German Embassy in Ghana, she's fallen for a hoax. "Love scamming" calls this scam. Christine is stunned: "I ​​was in such a state of shock from which I am not at all came out, it took a long time in, I then take sick leave.." Despite life experience and study it has fallen into this trap.

"If I manage to give rise to a human images and feelings, then the true for the brain. And then the back also connected with emotions. Then arises, of course, even though I've never seen the man, still a relationship.
Jörg Hartig, a psychologist from Leipzig
"
Organisierte Täterstrukturen
Besucher eines Internet-Cafés.
Die Flirtgespräche finden meist über öffentliche Computer statt.

Insgesamt hat Christine 5.200 Euro an den Betrüger überwiesen. Sie erstattet Strafanzeige. Die Aussichten, den Betrügern habhaft zu werden, sind jedoch gering. Anhand der Computerdaten aus den Emails – die sogenannten IP Adressen - war zwar eindeutig zu erkennen, dass der Computer in Ghana stand und die Mails über England und Amerika umgeleitet wurden. Doch zum Täter führt diese Spur nicht. "Diese Computer stehen in öffentlichen Internetcafés, an denen jeder anonym arbeiten kann", so Michael Klocke vom Landeskriminalamt Sachsen-Anhalt. Er weiß auch, dass es sich bei dieser Betrugsmasche nicht um Einzeltäter handelt, sondern um Banden. "Das sind organisierte Täterstrukturen, die ihren Ursprung in Kanada, in USA, in England und in Frankreich haben. Von dort wurden dann ca. 250.000 Nigerianer rekrutiert." Die sitzen in Internetcafés in Westafrika und versuchen, unter falschem Namen das Vertrauen und das Geld von Frauen zu erschleichen. Nach Aussagen von Klocke gibt es Schätzungen, die weltweit von einem finanziellen Schaden in Höhe von vier Milliarden US-Dollar ausgehen. Und für Deutschland beziffern Experten den jährlichen Schaden mit etwa 280.000 Millionen US-Dollar.
Organised criminals structures
Visitors of an Internet café.
The Flirt conversations usually take place on public computers.

Total Christine has paid € 5,200 to the scammers. She filed a complaint. The chances are the fraudsters get hold of, however, are low. By computer data from the emails - the so-called IP addresses - could be seen clearly while the computer was in Ghana and the emails are routed through England and America. However, the perpetrator does not this track. "These computers are in public Internet cafes, where everyone can work anonymously," said Michael Klocke from state police Saxony-Anhalt. He also knows that it is not in this scam are individual perpetrators but to gangs. "The perpetrators are organized structures, which have their origin in Canada, USA, England and France. From there, about 250,000 Nigerians were recruited." Sitting in internet cafes in West Africa and attempt fraud to using a false name the trust and the money from women. According to statements by Klocke, it is estimated that emanate from a worldwide financial loss amounting to four billion U.S. dollars. And for Germany Experts estimate the annual loss of about 280,000 million dollars.
Internetportale sind machtlos

Die Opfer versuchen sich selbst zu helfen und andere zu schützen. Eine Selbsthilfegruppe trägt mittlerweile auf einer Internetseite Fotos von Männern zusammen, mit denen die Betrüger "Love scamming" betreiben. Christine fand ihren "Mark Walker" zwei weitere Male im Internet wieder. Sie informierte die Betreiber des Portals "Friendscout24". Doch die sind machtlos, genau wie andere Partnerbörsen, die auch mit dem Phänomen Liebesbetrug zu kämpfen haben.
Internet portals are powerless

The victims are trying to help themselves and to protect others. A support group now accounts together on a website pictures of men, which the fraudsters operate with "Love scamming". Christine found her "Mark Walker" two more times again on the Internet. She informed the operator of the portal "Friendscout24". But who are powerless, just like other dating sites, which also have to deal with the phenomenon of love fraud.

The description in the video is true but it is in german language
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =72&t=5149" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LEAVE YOUR SCAMMER WITHOUT WORDS,TELL HIM NOTHING!!!
How to use this board? Have a look here
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=18&t=63" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Articles and media”