It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

scammers with pictures of Sgt. Ralph Edwards

African scammers posing as military personnel.
elinped
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: scammers with pictures of Sgt. Ralph Edwards

Postby elinped » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:25 pm

http://badoo.com/0303976440/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He wrote to me yesterday.....but i knew i see this pictures befor,so i not answer.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:22 pm

do you have his new email ID that not posted here? please post it :) it for future research :)
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

hnc56
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Roland Edwards rokell1961@yahoo.com

Postby hnc56 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:55 pm

This guy is a piece of work. I started talking to him on OKCupid site, as Roland Edwards at rokell1961@yahoo.com, white 51 yrs. old, in the military, from New York. And everytime he emailed me he was about to go out on patrol. So our conversation was always minimal. A couple of weeks after I joined the site, I updated my picture on the site with a new photo, and he contacted me under yet another name and with a new profile, and I also noticed that on this new profile, he was from California, but obviously he didn't recognize me. I told the site that he was a scammer and blocked him on the site as well as my email and chat on yahoo. He has been sending me email lately trying to figure out why I haven't accepted his friend request to chat after I had blocked him. I told him that I think that there is a glitch in the yahoo software and it wasn't allowing me to accept his friend request. The jokes on him, he won't get anything from me... I am so happy that this site has these pictures up. There are a couple of other guys who I still haven't seen any photos of, but I know that they are scammers to...

Stealth
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: scammers 4 real

Postby Stealth » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:00 pm

^^^ I see there is nothing on rokell1961@yahoo.com

You should post him up in Military scams with the name he uses, that email address, and everything you have on him, emails and such, life story he gave you, pictures he uses, etc. so that other women can also be warned about him. Also provide the other fake alias he's tried to contact you under.

<merged - M.>
"Scam signs"

ATTN GUESTS!!Telling your mugu that he/she is busted will accomplish absolutely nothing but teaching them how to be better at scamming/victimizing, as well as cause other victims unnecessary duress. Unless this is what you hope to cause, do NOT confront them!

hnc56
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Sgt. Steve Bruce Nelson <sgt.stevebrucenelson@yahoo.com

Postby hnc56 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:11 pm

I met this creep on cupid.com as Sgt. Steve Bruce Nelson <sgt.stevebrucenelson@yahoo.com>; I began chatting with him on the site on Sunday and by Tuesday he wanted me to delete my profile and not talk to any other man and all that crap. I told him that I was keeping my options open and he said that he does not want to compete with any other man for my love and of course he was in love with me, and when I told him, that I didn't really know him that well for all that, and he went on to tell me how he was going to have me manage his $12milliion, he had, because the UK gov't was trying to keep it, and when I asked him that if he is in the military and a US citizen then how could the UK have any say so, about his money... duh.... of course no straight answer, and then I really got him because I told him that since he wouldn't be home until Feb. 2013, that to contact me once he gets home and if he doesn't then I know he didn't care about me. I removed him from my yahoo chat, and told him that when he gets home, to send me a message and I will add him back. These guys all have so much nerve, and of course he couldn't help himself, he sent me this on Christmas

"May all the sweet magic of Christmas conspire to gladden your hearts and fill every desire.
Joy resounds in the hearts of those who believe in the miracle of Christmas!
Wishing you all the peace, joy, and love of the season!
May your world be filled with warmth and good chear this Holy season, and throughout the coming year.
Tis blessed to bestow, and yet.
Could we bestow the gifts we get.
And keep the ones we give away.
A Peaceful Christmas and a happy and prosperous
New Year to you. May we all be seven times better off at this time next year and may the miracle of Christmas fill your heart with warmth and love.
Christmas is the time of giving and sharing.
It is the time of loving and forgiving.
Faith makes all things possible, Hope makes all things work,
Love makes all things beautiful, May you have all the three for this Christmas.
MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Much Love,
Steve.

HA Ha Ha....

Of course I had already tracked his email and yes you guessed it, it was opened in "Location Accra, Ghana (86% likelihood)" Now how close is that really to Iraq which is where he says that he is?

hnc56
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hnc56 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:17 pm

Thanks, I just updated the post with his photo from this site.

hnc56
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hnc56 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:36 pm

This is his other alias on okcupid :

time_4love
51 / M / Straight / Single
San Jose, California

after I saw this new profile of him, I contacted okcupid, but I just checked and he hasn't logged in for awhile, but his profile is still there. Oh well.....

Sissycarter62
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Sissycarter62 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:42 am

This guy called himself Mike Edwards on Match.com. We emailed for a while on yahoo. He wasn't very good. I caught on right away. He told me he was in Afghanistan, but from Georgia and was coming home in January. He even inadvertently helped me bust another scammer by using the same line... I googled the line and found this site with all the emails from Scammer 1 - Richard Thompson. Thank God for this site! You just saved me money and my sanity. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Stealth
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Stealth » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:07 am

Hi Sissy,

You are welcome! Glad we could help.

In the meantime, how about you do a report on this Mike Edwards. Share his email address, a copy of an email, or anything else that might be important for some one else to see that he might be trying to scam at the same time.
"Scam signs"

ATTN GUESTS!!Telling your mugu that he/she is busted will accomplish absolutely nothing but teaching them how to be better at scamming/victimizing, as well as cause other victims unnecessary duress. Unless this is what you hope to cause, do NOT confront them!

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

John Glenn, mwhy003@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:18 pm

netlog
John Glenn
mwhy003
online male - 58 years, Florida, United States
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:32 am

Coming Soon
Profile of edwardswills is being worked on. :D

Hello there sweetness how are u doing there...am EDWARDS am 40yrs am new on this site and i check ur profile is very interesting hope u do like to chat so we can get to much about each other here is my e mail address edwardswilliams35 @ yahoo dot com what is urs?? hope to hear from u soon

juned1234
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby juned1234 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:15 pm

I have also come in contact with this guy,,i met him on ok cupid,,his name there is roland edwards,,email address is rokell1961@yahoo.com,,, he did ask for money but i didnt give it to him.. he has also sent pics of different people he claims to be his friends.and pics i noticed on here, i wish i could download them but cant figure it out..please contact me at if you have any questions..

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Can you post the money request email/chat log? :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

juned1234
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby juned1234 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:46 am

Can you post the money request email/chat log? :)
:15:59 PM): hello
Roland Edwards (1/20/2013 9:16:19 PM): baby the ticket cost little more than the money on me honey, i dont know if you can help me with 500 dollars so i can get it love as soon as i'm home i will pay you back sweetie , i promise baby.
Roland Edwards (1/20/2013

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

John Glenn, lovejohnnyglenn@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:27 am

netlog
mwhy003
male - 58 years, Florida, United States

sorry have been busy for a while now but i want us to get to know each other more and see what happens next,this my id lovejohnnyglenn@yahoo.com, add me on your yahoo and let chat and share more pics together, .
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

Return to “Military scams”