It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

scammers with pictures of Lt Col Gordon Hannett

African scammers posing as military personnel.
Mirjam
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: scammers with pictures of Major Gordon Hannett

Postby Mirjam » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:36 pm

This man is on Matchdoctor, his picture is already on this post:

Emailadress:hannett5050@yahoo.com

IPadress: 184.95.55.22 USA proxy server

His email to me:

This is your new friend :disagree: George from match doctor.Thanks for your friendship Via the site agency . I got your personal address at my portal and thought of dropping you this message to verify from you if am talking to beauty1958 and you are from Amsterdam.Please let me know if i got address through right ? Attached are my photos because still not showing up at my portal.Thank you.
Your new friend :mrgreen: ,
George.x
-----------------------------
Bye, Mirjam ;)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Bix
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Robbinson Hannett, robbinsonhannett@yahoo.com

Postby Bix » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:12 am

netlog
robbinsonhannett
online male - 52 years, United States
be real and let your feelings be heard.Life is all about choice so make the right one.......cheers!!!

Hello Natural and beautiful woman. is a pleasure to meet you. I hope all is well with you and that you enjoy your day?. My name is Robbinson Hannett . I am a US officer on duty in Afghanistan. I like you and I will be happy to meet with you. I am loving, honest and caring man with a good sense of humor. I enjoy meeting new people and their way Life.I enjoy that new parts of the world, the calm of the sea, the beauty of the mountains and all that life has to offer. I love movies, reading books, listening to music, dance to the beat, cooking .. but I can just as comfortable as at home ... curled up with a good book in front of the fireplace with you by my side. I'm looking for real and meaningful intimate relationship are looking for, there are love, passion and romance. I wish you all can offer the best life. I'm not always on this side, but I'll be glad if you would write to me through: robbinsonhannett@yahoo.com or send me your e-mail address so I can contact you because cheaters and hackers is using Dating sites leaking people files and please let me know the language which you can write. and i want you to know that i speak Russian,English and German language.wishing you all the best.
Wishing YOU All The Best.
Yours.Robbinson Hannett.

Image Image
Alaye … A code phrase that African scammers use to find out if you are also a scammer.

maryr414
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Scam

Postby maryr414 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:46 pm

Email from hannett2012@yahoo.com....He calls himself David Hannett

I hope all is well with you and how is the weather there ?I want you to know something little about me and see if we have something in common ,let me tell you little about my passed .I was with my ex 14 years.My son lives with my sister now in Sweden.I have full custody of him. I do not want to pay my ex any amount of money again.I will be getting him to stay with me when i come home soon. I was married only once. I am now looking for another woman to involve myself with. I will be home in 2 to 3months. Actually,We are not allowed to communicate with outsiders because of security reasons but I need a woman for myself. A woman that will be there for me and I will be there for her too. I will not be able to call you because we are not allowed to communicate with outsiders on phone. Everything is monitored.

My relationship with my ex was like this. I loved her with all my heart. In fact it is true. I wasn't thinking she can do such a thing. I helped her in her work, support her family, spending much time with her as much as I could. Going with her to the beaches, the movies and a lot of interesting places just trying to make her the happiest woman in life. I know she is regretting it by now. Her parents once called me and were apologizing for her but I already made my mind. I don't know why she drew away from me. Maybe, she can't control her sexual desire. I do not get angry. It happens once in a while but I know how to control myself. In the army, if you can't control your anger, you gonna end up fighting all the time.I am concluding this letter here but remember this am serious about my words
Have a good day.

David

Yahoo Instant messenger, messages....

6:49:36 PM
hannett2012: My name is David Hannett 50yrs and will soon turn 51yrs from Conyers,Ga but now in Afghanistan on Peace Keeping mission but will be home in 3months...

hannett2012: Yes i missed all this things,Old Spice Deodorant, Sweat Defense,Crackers

6:47:57 AM
hannett2012: And this ,Big White Towel.
American Flag {35''x60'' Size} Or Bigger..
Alpine Xtreme Bath Gel
Equate, Total Moisture Body Lotion.
Old Spice Deodorant, Sweat Defense

6:49:38 AM
hannett2012: we have dipplomat here who delieve packages here so i have to contact them and see frist OK

7:09:53 AM
hannett2012: Okay sweetie i will be here waiting for you this is the email address of the diplmat(diploma.army@yahoo.com) I talk to them but email them and tell them when you will be sending them and i think thy will show you how to do that

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:57 pm

this was posted on our FB timeline by a victim:

I have been emailing and chatting this morning to a Captain Hannett and this time today something doesn't seem right .. I asked him if I could send him a care package and he replied all he need is a phone..I have met him on match.com chatting with him since July 19th.. Looked him up and the pictures are the same but he said we couldn't talk on the phone because he was in a war zone and fixing to move to north afghanistan. and the email address he is using is captainhannett88@yahoo.com. he didn't give me a military address to send him the care package..here is the website address that he gave me :militarydiplomats.com and email to them when I send the package to : militarydiplonats@hotmail.com..don't that sound funny to you.. Tried to report it to the CID Army email address but told me it was invalid..

site militarydiplomats.com is FAKE, beware!!

Contacts:

(919) 526 4091
(404) 566-7996

Email: info@militarydiplomats.com

150 Military Zone St.
Teshie-Accra.
Ghana :twisted:
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

hook
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hook » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:29 pm

Raphael hannett raphaelhannett@yahoo.com
raphael_hannett 49 / Male / Straight / divorced Living in Brimfield, Massachusetts.
How tall are you? 5'7" (170.18 cm.)
How much do you weigh? 283 lbs. (128 kg.) :thinking:
About Me
My name is Hannett and am 50yrs divorced wit one kid am here for friends and and if more relationship am looking for someone who is within 45yrs to 70 i don t want anyone from Ghana ,i want someone i an trust and be with my heart no games if you know you are here for games pls dont contact m anyone iterested should hook me on raphael_hannett@yahoo.com
Junk Mail
hello how are you doing i hope you are doing great as i am .My name is Hannett and am so much impress about your profile and i will like to to get to know you more and share some pics .if you want to have a chat just contact me at r a p h a e l_h a n n e t t @y a h o o c o m or you can get me on YAHOO IM r a p h a e l_h a n n e t t i will be waiting for you my dear .........Hannett
Mug shot already posted

Sailory
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Sailory » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:03 am

majornickyclarkson1@hotmail.com, Majornicky clarkson

http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5994984520" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Majornicky clarkson

Hello Natural Woman is pleased to meet you. Hope all is well with you and that you enjoy your day?. My name is Major General.Nicky Clarkson. I'm an American officer in Afghanistan.I like you and I will be happy to meet with you. I am loving, honest and caring man with a good sense of humor. I enjoy meeting new people and their way of life. I enjoy the new part of the world, the sea calm, the beauty of the mountains and everything that life offers. I love movies, reading books, listening to music, view, God's tears, when it rains, dancing to the beat, cooking .. but I'll just sit comfortably at home ... curled up with a good book in the fireplace with you by my side. I am looking for a real and meaningful intimate relationship you are looking for is love, passion and Remance. I wish to offer you the best life can give. I'm always on this side, but I will like you to write me via: majornickyclarkson1@hotmail.com or send me your email address so I can find, because scammers and hackers are using dating sites leaking people files.and I want you to know that I speak Russian, and English language. Hope to hear from you soon. Best of Wishes. majornickyclarkson1@hotmail.com

MalibuNorma
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby MalibuNorma » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:55 pm

Hi,
I have someone who is communicating with me very intensely on a daily basis who has sent me pictures who are obviously you.
He has sent quite a few pictures of you but claims his name is Cpt Steve Hannett and is stationed in Kabul right now.
I became suspicious with the typo's and questions he started asking about my financial history.
He wanted information on my online web stores which I did provide or offer help.
As of this morning on yahoo messanger he stated he needed help to send extra belongings if I could help.
I met this person on Ok Cupid after I posted my profile looking for friends.
It makes me sick a person would do that to another human being and feel we should get this person before they destroy someone else.
I myself feel as I will not be able to trust anyone after this.
If you are serious about catching this person, I will be happy to provide all contact information he/she is using.

(He's very aggressive and is contacting me day and night wanting to talk - it is getting out of control). He refuses to skype and says he can only communicate through text or messenger. He obviously wants something to be so aggressive.

Norma Jean

MalibuNorma
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby MalibuNorma » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:20 pm

Can you post his phone number / text messenger number here and also his email address / yahoo chat nick? :)
Name being used Capt Steve Hannett

templelove52@yahoo.com
Cell# 540-602-4308

This person us still texting, e-mailing and messenger at all hours, l am not communicating with them.
Worried as l have businesses online with my contact information, advice please.
Thanks,
Norma Jean

MalibuNorma
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with Pictures of Major Gordon Hannett

Postby MalibuNorma » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:33 pm

What do you do or what steps do you take when this person is at this moment actively trying to scam you.
Do you ignore it, call the police who do have l believe an ICE program to track internet crime.
I wrote a paper regarding this type of crime for my last year of college, little did l dream someone would try to scam me one day.
Thanks,
Norma Jean/Malibu Norma

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:48 am

you block them, stop all communication and post their details here on RS, to warn other victims. Reporting them to the US authorities is useless, they cannot do anything about it, since scammers are overseas and out of reach.

Did you read FAQ section? This one for example:
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =74&t=1573" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:00 am

Hanneth Williams, hannethwilliams@yahoo.com

CS
hanneth212
Am loving and caring man
I am a:
50 yr-old man seeking women, 40-59
online today!
Height:
6' 11" (211 cm)
Body Type:
Average
Ethnicity:
Native American :indian:
Marital Status:
Never Married
Military

About me:
I would describe myself as focused, hard working, honest, exciting, up beat, romantic, ambitious,caring and by attention so much in everything.Who believes in the theory of genuine love .. I believe taking time to appreciate the small things in life will ultimately lead you to happiness
I’m looking for:
I’m looking for a relationship that is so strong and powerful that its mere presence is overwhelming and speaks for itself - a relationship that people will see and think, "I want what they have”. Whether we're dancing, enjoying the outdoors, cuddling or just being domestic

junkmails:
Dearest one,
How are you doing? how is your working place and family? hope everything is going smoothly with you. i'm Hanneth by name currently single. am seeking for a long term serious relationship from a woman that is ready to take his time to know more about me and see where things goes from there, i am self sufficient,loving, caring and by attention so much on everything....hope to hear from you soon..If you are interested.

Thanks for you respond, how are you doing? hope you're in good condition. am so delighted to read from you. i would to have a lovely chat with you in yahoo messenger if you don't mind because i don't come online this site often. hannethwilliams at yahoo.c o m

facebook.com/hanneth.williams
Hanneth Williams
Worked at Military
Lives in Los Angeles, California
From Caldwell, Idaho
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

ghannett
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with Pictures of Major Gordon Hannett

Postby ghannett » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:03 pm

Thanks for the tip. I reported HANNETH WILLIAMS to Facebook today. Hopefully, they'll delete the account in a day or two. I noticed that he had nine Facebook friends. All but one appear to be genuine Facebook users. I've noticed that the scammers often have other scammers as "friends." I often wonder why these women don't notice that their new Facebook friend has only older women as friends - no other soldiers - no apparent family members. It's as though they'e willfully blind.

BTW - this is the 126th scammer that I've found using my photos on Facebook since November 2012. All but a handful have been deleted by Facebook.

If you're looking for someone to bait, check out Dennis Hannett, Hannet Mills, Maxwell Hannet Otchere, Thomson Richard, Hannett David, David Hannett, Williams J. Hannette, and Carl Hannett. They're all still active on Facebook.

- Gordon

dimitrii
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby dimitrii » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Received: from [41.218.242.96] by web163605.mail.gq1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 06 Sep 2013 04:09:10 PDT

<harry.steve100@yahoo.com>

Geographic Location [Ghana] Ghana

I'm Cpt Harry 52yrs 6"1 193 lbs light brown hair and blue eyes, I have a son tht means world to me, I'm divorce and have been for 7yrs now, I'm a Captain by rank in the ARMY SPECIAL FORCE and I'm serving my mission here in Pakistan, It was nice chatting with you on the dating site and I appreciate that very much, I hope you are having a wonderful day out there,I have son 24yrs who means the world to me and I'm looking for my right true love and soul mate that I can share and spend the rest of my life with in good through thick and thin, Tell me more about yourself and what you are looking for on the dating site? I end it here now and I look to forward to hear from you again, attach to this message is 2 pictures of me and I hope you like them and don't get scared and run away from your computer when you see them Lol. Thank You.

Yours Sincerely,
Cpt.Harry.

Confirio.

Steve2000
51 / Male / Straight / single
Joined August 31, 2013. From Atlanta. Living in Atlanta, Georgia.

About Me
I'M VERY OPEN MINDED PERSON, SOMEONE WHO ACCEPT PEOPLE AS THEY ARE, I'M A INDIVIDUAL WHO ADAPTS TO CHANGES IN LIFE AND ENJOY LIFE TO THE FULLEST, I PRIDE MYSELF IN BEING HONEST AND MOST TRUSTWORTHY AND TREAT EVERYONE WITH EQUAL RESPECT, I SEEK THAT IN A MATE, SOMEONE WHO IS COMPASSIONATE AND UNDERSTANDING WHO HAS CALM DEMEANOR AND GREAT PERSONALITY. I LOVE TO TRAVEL AND I WOULD LOVE TO MEET MY RIGHT TRUE LOVE AND SOUL MATE TO SHARE AND SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE WITH THROUGH GOOD TIMES AND BAD TIMES, I'M STRESS FREE AND FUNNY TO BE AROUND WITH BUT TRUST ME I KNOW WHEN TO BE SERIOUS, I LOVE TO LAUGH AND I'M A VERY GOOD COOK WHO ENJOYS A VARIETY OF FOODS. I'M AVID READER AND GREAT CONSERVATIONIST. I ALSO LIKE TO HAVE SOCIAL FUNCTIONS AND ENTERTAIN FRIENDS, I'M A VERY PRIVATE PERSON WHO ENJOYS THE COMFORT OF HOME RELAXING AND LISTENING TO GOOD MUSIC, I LOVE JAZZ,OLD BLUES,COUNTRY MUSIC,GOSPEL,REGGAE,R&B,ROCK&ROLL. I WOULD LOVE TO ADD MORE TO MY PROFILE, BUT FOR NOW IT'S OKAY AND I'M SURE YOU WILL BE INTRIGUED AND INTERESTED TO KNOW THE REST. SO IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN GETTING TO KNOW THEN SEND ME A MESSAGE, I'M NOT UP TO GAMES SO IF YOU'RE UP FOR A GAME DON'T CONTACT AND QUICKLY PASS BY MY PROFILE WHEN YOU COME ACROSS IT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR GAMES AND CHILD PLAY,LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO PLAY GAMES WITH AND I'M TOO OLD FOR GAMES.

Junkmail:
Hello how are you doing?
Am in the Army serving my mission here in Pakistan.Have you dated an Army man before?

Acta est fabula.

thereka
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: New U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

Postby thereka » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi contacting you as you seem to have the same surname of a soldier in Afghanistan that has been contacting me JAMES HANNET, he has asked me to meet a diplomat by the name of FRANCIS ZOEEthat will call to the UK on his way to cuba ????? with a package marked diplomat NATO and wants me to hold it for him till he comes to england when he retires on 19th october 2013, HAS ANY BODY HEARD OF THIS MAN.

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:00 pm

please post his email ID that he used to communicated with you and also his email texts bout his parcel matter and money request :) that trick has been did for many time so please dont fall for it. better you post all you got to help safe other who may be in contact with him in the same time ;) and please stop contact / block him after it :)
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Return to “Military scams”