It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:21 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

WISO (Germany) on internet dating scams, 14 Oct. 2013

Articles and media
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:14 pm

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/kanalueb ... ng-Portale" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8 minutes

Private detective Sommer (locally well-known actor Manfred Lehmann, movie dubbing voice of Bruce Willis etc) interviews "his client" (Hula-Girl from this forum) in Philip Marlowe setting in his detective office. While she tells her story, the camera shows some typical emails and the money request (customs fees in Ghana) and films the client putting high Euro bills into the diplomat parcel to be sent to Ghana while Philip Marlowe´s sonorous voice comments "For my client it was the love of her life."

So, Manfred Lehmann is on to "catch" "that man".

The role of the shoudler-shrugging police official plays a LKA-interviewee.

So all on his own, the detective contacts a friend over VoIP, a journalist in Ghana.

Friendscout24 BTW denies being interviewed in person.

So Manfred Lehmann poses as a 50 yo white female profile on friendscout24 and happens to be asked very quickly to wire money to Ghana for the same reason as "his client". He asks for a "customs agent´"´s passport copy, which he gets, and the actor´s journalist pal says "This passport is real." and mobilizes the police down there and they catch him without any problems. He "admits" being part of a romance scamming gang there that´s doing it in an organized fashion for money, big cars, houses etc.

And Manfred Lehmann says "This money well is now shut. And I for myself rely on the old method of winning a woman´s heart..." and he walks into a flower shop.

The wrong thing is the message, where the police can´t help, only a (paid) detective can. [Unless this was just TV theatre.]
The good thing is, they got the scam storyline part right. They way they told the story, I guess that´s TV... :(
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Re: WISO (Germany) on internet dating scams, 14 Oct. 2013

Postby Marisa » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:56 pm

this is the reason why I don't watch television. It is nauseating. :sick: :sick: :sick:
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Hula-Girl
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Hula-Girl » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:00 am

You are right, Marisa. Normally, I don't watch TV either. The only reason I did this, was to warn other people, to make them aware of these scammers. And if I have helped some people with this "TV-show", I have reached my goal.

Nevertheless, I feel a bit sad today, as some things didn't happen this way. The storyline was correct, as frumpy said, but there was no "glorious" dectective involved in this research. The video footage taken in Ghana really happened this way and I even recognized my scammer (I have seen him on cam before).

I don't want to tell about my role in all this, only that it was very painful for me to go through this again. I sincerely hope that all this is finally over.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:01 pm

I think you were very courageous :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

Hula-Girl
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Hula-Girl » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:22 pm

Thanks. I don't feel courageous at the moment, just a bit strange and also sad. I can't really explain why I feel this way. The few friends who have seen this, told me it has been touching and very informative, and very courageous of me :) . And they all hope that more people are aware of this problem now.

So, lets hope for the best.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:44 pm

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 62#p347962" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)
actually the daughter of my work colleague who has recently seen a broadcast on ZDF ( WISO )

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:10 pm

Here is Hula-Girl´s report in her own words on how the TV filming actually went: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 27#p361427" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Articles and media”