African scammers posing as white men.

Nick Walters <nickwalters1990@yahoo.com>

Postby hunter_hunted on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:40 pm

http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5437647178

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Profile Views: 180 times
Profile Skin: Default

Nick W:

hi how are doing,I'm nick and i went through your profile and i really liked it and i was wondering if i can be your friend.....hope to read from you soon.....NICK
have just added you to my list now...hope to have a chat with you soon...

Ateh Malkuth ve-Geburah ve-Gedulah le-Olam Amen...
hunter_hunted
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Nick Walters <nickwalters1990@yahoo.com>

Postby hunter_hunted on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:46 pm

Received: from [41.155.24.133] nigeria
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:35:08 -0800 (PST)

Ateh Malkuth ve-Geburah ve-Gedulah le-Olam Amen...
hunter_hunted
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby SerenaHI on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:08 am

Got the following email on April 9, 2010 from Nick Walters on singlesnet.com who's signed in as "youare100." From Gladewater, TX, 49 years old.

hi how are you doing,I'm nick and i went through your profile and i really liked it.i am wondering if i can be your friend...here is my yahoo id nickwalters1990@yahoo.com....hope to have a chat with you soon.....NICK
SerenaHI
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby janex69 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:57 am

Also come across a "NICK WALTERS" from a now deleted profile on person.com
chatted to him on IM

nickwalters202@yahoo.com

I saved this information from him!

Name: Nick Walters
Date of Birth: 3rs april 1969
City: Fruita Nothern Colorado 81521

NIGERIA! building contractor..wants me to go there
+2347035045088
No, Mugu! I don't want to be your friend!!!
janex69
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby craftylynn on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:40 pm

I am one of his newest victims, matter of fact I am talking to him right now. I don't know how I ended up on this site but I saw Nicks pictures on here and he has sent me every one of the pic. I see here. He is still using the name
Nick Walters
claiming to have a son whose mother died at birth
Dad and sister living in TN
sister just had a baby last week in TN
Named baby Amy
Lives in Gladewater, TX, (a town near me)
nickwalters1990@yahoo.com
Claims his son broke his phone.
He says his son Richie is 5

I talk to Nick everyday on yahoo messenger and he seems so real.
craftylynn
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby CupcakeDiva on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:11 am

Unfortunately this guy I was apart of his little scam that he had going on and caught on to his little lie that he was telling me. I have researched this guy on several sites and there are several profiles with the same pictures on Facebook and My Yearbook. I am quite sure there is a Nick Walters somewhere that is the actual on. What made me curious about him is that he would not send any recent photos of himself. That he had a 9 year old son named Richie, but the pictures he sent were of a 4 to 5 year old. He got me out of a few bucks when I caught on and started asking questions. He is using a Lady in Iowa City, Iowa name Nora Lareau for the money to be wired to. He says that he was in Iowa with his sister Amanda who was having a baby and he traveled from Houston to Iowa City to be with her as she had her baby, She had the baby on March 2nd and it was a boy. There were no pictures and no name could be given. Well he started asking for money to get back to Houston to put his son back in school and to get back to work. But he said he had a heart conditions where his heart hurts and had to use the money to get his medication. But he could not tell me what was wrong and what medication that he was taking. He has also used his on Richie and said that Richie's mother died at childbirth. The man that you see in the pictures does not describe this man at all. The man I talked with on the phone had a foreign accent and started being distant when I asked him what kind of accent did he have. He got mad and asked me why was I asking so many d**m questions. He says he is from Houston and uses this number for a google voice subscriber 832-408-1010 but if you call the number it goes to a lady that I have become friends she said that he told her the same things. And she had been trying to see him for 2 years and he got irate when she told him no when she caught on to his scams. He uses and sent the same pictures from the prior posts of him on this site. He also used a Magic Jack phone line but when you called it , it was always unavailable. I dont have that number anymore. Well he told me that he worked as a construction supervisor in Houston and I asked why could he not get his boss to overnight his check from Houston to him in Iowa. He said that his boss would not do it until he got back that was the only way he could get his money. Well this also threw up a red flag up with me. Oh and he always like to write you a poem when he thinks you are upset with him. And he only wants you to send a certain amount. and it has to be wired to Nora Lareau not to him. He claims that Nora works for his sister Amanda as her house keeper but to find out she is a part of his scam also. This man is using another man's pictures and using his kid's photo also. I really feel sorry because the guy in the picture seems to be a fun nice guy and not shy like the scammer has stated he is. He also uses the email address nickwalters95@yahoo.com. I think the original Nick Walters that is in the photos is actually from San Jose, California. And that some of the scammer is using his information to play on women's affections as myself. I will admit, I was a victim. And now that I know this site. I will add everyone on here that has anything to do with Nigeria, West Africa or the UK that approaches me out of the norm.
CupcakeDiva
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby firefly on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Hi and welcome, CupcakeDiva!

Sorry for your bad experience. If you have more details about this person, please, try to post them:
- header
- money request - chat log or text
- profile elements used on dating/social site
- pictures - if are not already reported here
- first and second email
- other contact details: phone numbers, adress for money delivery, bank account (if...)

Useful links:
FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=74&t=40328
How to use the board - viewtopic.php?p=79
Finding header: viewtopic.php?t=10910

Your infos can help other potential victims. Thank you
firefly

Bookmark and Share

Postby CupcakeDiva on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:39 am

Thank you Firefly. Well in a bit of a tizzy and anger, I deleted all the texts and etc. of asking for money. I have found the infamous Nora Lareau on facebook from Iowa City and on my yearbook as well. That he asks that the money be sent to. Also, here is the other phone number that he is using it goes to a Magic Jack thing. it is 832-460-8340. The photos that he sent me are the exact same ones that are listed in the above posts. Another thing I find odd is that there is only one picture of "Richie" with his as a baby. No others of them together. This person has pulled a fast one on several women. The only email he gave me was for yahoo, was the nickwalters95@yahoo. And I don't have those conversations anymore. As well as the texts because my phone automatically deletes them. I sent a total of $300 in two transactions one western union and one money gram. I just will consider that as a business tax write off as a charitable donation. It is no big deal, what done is done. but my friend Teresa was out of a lot more than myself. I just want women to be aware of this ass clown. Also I have reported all profiles to My yearbook and facebook as well as tagged. Where he has stole someones picture and identity. I promise justice will be served for the individual who is doing this to innocent women. He as messed with the wrong one.
CupcakeDiva
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby firefly on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Thank you for the details, CupcakeDiva!

Can you post the adress and the name used by the scammer for money delivery?
firefly

Bookmark and Share

Postby CupcakeDiva on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:17 pm

It was just Iowa City, IA they never gave me a physical address. On money gram and western union transactions they just ask for the name, city and state.
CupcakeDiva
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby firefly on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:15 pm

And the name, city and state? Can you post them, please?
firefly

Bookmark and Share

Postby CupcakeDiva on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:18 am

My apologies it has taken so long to respond to you. The money was sent to a Nora Lareau of Iowa City, Iowa. No address was given nor a telephone number for her. He told me to use his on the prior the 832-408-1010. I can do one even better if you can get the authorities to investigate it. I have the money gram reference number. I worked for Walmart a few years back and dealt with money gram they are to write the address on the thing after the person presents their license to them. Here is the money gram reference number: xxx. And here is money grams number. xxx. They will only talk to the authorities etc concerning this and give the information to them concerning this. Possibly put an alert on the name Nora Lareau. So that she may not receive anymore money for this loser. Or get them to stall them until they can get the cops there to arrest whomever it is. Thank you for your time in this matter and just let me know what else you need. God Bless.
Last edited by FrumpyBB on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited out your transfer number and also MG´s one. They have not proven to be helpful in the past.
CupcakeDiva
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:38 am

This nora is either a job scam victim (thinking she would forward legitimate payments from "customers" to the anonymous Nigerian scammer, or just another victim and now accomplice in crime :( Thanks for posting these details. Not sure yet if we´d better edit out the MG MTCN, would it lead to you? You must stay anonymous here :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Use Spokeo
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby CupcakeDiva on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:02 am

I was not thinking. you can delete it. that is fine with me.
CupcakeDiva
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:06 am

No, why? Payment receiver info is important - people google this and this contributes to convince them it´s a scam.

Edited out your own info though. I mean your transfer number and also MG´s hotline. They have not proven to be helpful in the past. We know of a few instances when ringing up their competitor´s transfer cancellation hotline for not-picked up transfers (only!) has worked in the past to help people not losing at least their last not yet unpicked transfer to a scammer (and therefore we have this competitor´s cancellation number in a section here!); on the other side of the credibility-o-metre, MG have in the past threatened us (romancescam.com) to take off all the scam-references to them. What you say as a former employee only adds to the picture one might get of a general attitude and unability/unwillingness to warn others beyond public scamwarnings. Guess I cannot blame them, true, they are just an abused legitimate service like so many others scammers abuse, but the cash money transfers surely have never worked with us so far on the common enemy. They prefer to come moaning and complaining we would give them a bad name, which they have in common with many (by far not all) peopel who find their real pictures here. But I digress. Thanks for replying to our "more information" requests. That alone is not natural for many new posters, to read and reply to what we comment on their cases.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Use Spokeo
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Next

Return to White Males