It is currently Mon May 30, 2016 2:28 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Research scammers emails on Spokeo
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
Check if IP was used in scams before
Romancescam on Facebook

scammers with pictures of Lt Col Gordon Hannett

African scammers posing as military personnel.
Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Re: scammers with pictures of Major Gordon Hannett

Postby Marisa » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:00 am

Hanneth Williams, hannethwilliams@yahoo.com

CS
hanneth212
Am loving and caring man
I am a:
50 yr-old man seeking women, 40-59
online today!
Height:
6' 11" (211 cm)
Body Type:
Average
Ethnicity:
Native American :indian:
Marital Status:
Never Married
Military

About me:
I would describe myself as focused, hard working, honest, exciting, up beat, romantic, ambitious,caring and by attention so much in everything.Who believes in the theory of genuine love .. I believe taking time to appreciate the small things in life will ultimately lead you to happiness
I’m looking for:
I’m looking for a relationship that is so strong and powerful that its mere presence is overwhelming and speaks for itself - a relationship that people will see and think, "I want what they have”. Whether we're dancing, enjoying the outdoors, cuddling or just being domestic

junkmails:
Dearest one,
How are you doing? how is your working place and family? hope everything is going smoothly with you. i'm Hanneth by name currently single. am seeking for a long term serious relationship from a woman that is ready to take his time to know more about me and see where things goes from there, i am self sufficient,loving, caring and by attention so much on everything....hope to hear from you soon..If you are interested.

Thanks for you respond, how are you doing? hope you're in good condition. am so delighted to read from you. i would to have a lovely chat with you in yahoo messenger if you don't mind because i don't come online this site often. hannethwilliams at yahoo.c o m

facebook.com/hanneth.williams
Hanneth Williams
Worked at Military
Lives in Los Angeles, California
From Caldwell, Idaho

Sponsor

Sponsor

ghannett
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with Pictures of Major Gordon Hannett

Postby ghannett » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:03 pm

Thanks for the tip. I reported HANNETH WILLIAMS to Facebook today. Hopefully, they'll delete the account in a day or two. I noticed that he had nine Facebook friends. All but one appear to be genuine Facebook users. I've noticed that the scammers often have other scammers as "friends." I often wonder why these women don't notice that their new Facebook friend has only older women as friends - no other soldiers - no apparent family members. It's as though they'e willfully blind.

BTW - this is the 126th scammer that I've found using my photos on Facebook since November 2012. All but a handful have been deleted by Facebook.

If you're looking for someone to bait, check out Dennis Hannett, Hannet Mills, Maxwell Hannet Otchere, Thomson Richard, Hannett David, David Hannett, Williams J. Hannette, and Carl Hannett. They're all still active on Facebook.

- Gordon

dimitrii
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby dimitrii » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Received: from [41.218.242.96] by web163605.mail.gq1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 06 Sep 2013 04:09:10 PDT

<harry.steve100@yahoo.com>

Geographic Location [Ghana] Ghana

I'm Cpt Harry 52yrs 6"1 193 lbs light brown hair and blue eyes, I have a son tht means world to me, I'm divorce and have been for 7yrs now, I'm a Captain by rank in the ARMY SPECIAL FORCE and I'm serving my mission here in Pakistan, It was nice chatting with you on the dating site and I appreciate that very much, I hope you are having a wonderful day out there,I have son 24yrs who means the world to me and I'm looking for my right true love and soul mate that I can share and spend the rest of my life with in good through thick and thin, Tell me more about yourself and what you are looking for on the dating site? I end it here now and I look to forward to hear from you again, attach to this message is 2 pictures of me and I hope you like them and don't get scared and run away from your computer when you see them Lol. Thank You.

Yours Sincerely,
Cpt.Harry.

Confirio.

Steve2000
51 / Male / Straight / single
Joined August 31, 2013. From Atlanta. Living in Atlanta, Georgia.

About Me
I'M VERY OPEN MINDED PERSON, SOMEONE WHO ACCEPT PEOPLE AS THEY ARE, I'M A INDIVIDUAL WHO ADAPTS TO CHANGES IN LIFE AND ENJOY LIFE TO THE FULLEST, I PRIDE MYSELF IN BEING HONEST AND MOST TRUSTWORTHY AND TREAT EVERYONE WITH EQUAL RESPECT, I SEEK THAT IN A MATE, SOMEONE WHO IS COMPASSIONATE AND UNDERSTANDING WHO HAS CALM DEMEANOR AND GREAT PERSONALITY. I LOVE TO TRAVEL AND I WOULD LOVE TO MEET MY RIGHT TRUE LOVE AND SOUL MATE TO SHARE AND SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE WITH THROUGH GOOD TIMES AND BAD TIMES, I'M STRESS FREE AND FUNNY TO BE AROUND WITH BUT TRUST ME I KNOW WHEN TO BE SERIOUS, I LOVE TO LAUGH AND I'M A VERY GOOD COOK WHO ENJOYS A VARIETY OF FOODS. I'M AVID READER AND GREAT CONSERVATIONIST. I ALSO LIKE TO HAVE SOCIAL FUNCTIONS AND ENTERTAIN FRIENDS, I'M A VERY PRIVATE PERSON WHO ENJOYS THE COMFORT OF HOME RELAXING AND LISTENING TO GOOD MUSIC, I LOVE JAZZ,OLD BLUES,COUNTRY MUSIC,GOSPEL,REGGAE,R&B,ROCK&ROLL. I WOULD LOVE TO ADD MORE TO MY PROFILE, BUT FOR NOW IT'S OKAY AND I'M SURE YOU WILL BE INTRIGUED AND INTERESTED TO KNOW THE REST. SO IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN GETTING TO KNOW THEN SEND ME A MESSAGE, I'M NOT UP TO GAMES SO IF YOU'RE UP FOR A GAME DON'T CONTACT AND QUICKLY PASS BY MY PROFILE WHEN YOU COME ACROSS IT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR GAMES AND CHILD PLAY,LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO PLAY GAMES WITH AND I'M TOO OLD FOR GAMES.

Junkmail:
Hello how are you doing?
Am in the Army serving my mission here in Pakistan.Have you dated an Army man before?

Acta est fabula.

thereka
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: New U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

Postby thereka » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi contacting you as you seem to have the same surname of a soldier in Afghanistan that has been contacting me JAMES HANNET, he has asked me to meet a diplomat by the name of FRANCIS ZOEEthat will call to the UK on his way to cuba ????? with a package marked diplomat NATO and wants me to hold it for him till he comes to england when he retires on 19th october 2013, HAS ANY BODY HEARD OF THIS MAN.

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:00 pm

please post his email ID that he used to communicated with you and also his email texts bout his parcel matter and money request :) that trick has been did for many time so please dont fall for it. better you post all you got to help safe other who may be in contact with him in the same time ;) and please stop contact / block him after it :)
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

gmrw
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby gmrw » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:05 pm

I am conducting some background information on David Moodie better known as Major Gordon Hannett. I have a friend that was contacted by David Moodie apparently from Moad, Utah. As you can expect and know, not the case. So, I decided to dig deeper...

Not being able to find much on a false alias (scammer) I went to google images, clicked on the camera icon and loaded the picture that was on the David Moodie's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/david.moodie.77?fref=ts#!/david.moodie.77?fref=ts

If you do not already know, Google images will allow you to load a picture into Google Images (click the camera icon in the search box). This acts as a reverse image search engine so you can locate his other social profiles where he may have used the same picture.

Google images pulled up several websites with the same picture. That is where I found this romancescam.com pages (18 of them) for Gordon Hannett. I also found the article about the REAL Major Gordon Hannett. Poor guy~ A bunch of scammers are have been using his photos for many years. http://q13fox.com/2013/01/07/soldier-warns-women-about-expansive-dating-scam/#axzz2eazmUQhq.

Here are all of the alias names for Gordon Hannett. I am certain I missed a few~ Turns out I found out a whole lot more...MAJ Gordon Hannett is AKA: David Moodie, George Hannett, Robert Hannett, Frank Hannett, Alexis, Hoeck Staedt, Arvin Harry, Gerry Brown, Gary Allen Kimzey, Hannet Smith, Commanda Smith, Richard Haggard, David Belt, Andrew Thriller, Jeff Miller, Johnson Wood, Preston H. Ebenezer, Hannett Mcoy Rawlings, Captain Moore, Hannett Moore, Kennedy Hannett, David Hannett, Michael Hannette, Hannett Cole, Hannette Cole, Lucien Mcoy, Hannett Anderson Miller, Richard Thompson, Paul Hannett, Lex Hannett, Kelvin, Francis Miller, Hannett William, Williams Hannett, Hannett More, Nathaniel Hannett, James Hannett, Hannet Malcolm, Prince John & has a son Ishmael Malcom, Jerry Hannett, Captain William, Listowell Smith, Joe Hannett, Thompson Richard, Jeff Hannett,

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Do you have emailaddress, email header, phone number, first message text and money request of the Nigerian scammer posing as David Moodie?
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Use Spokeo

gmrw
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby gmrw » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Do you have emailaddress, email header, phone number, first message text and money request of the Nigerian scammer posing as David Moodie?

email: ci_moodie@hotmail.com

My friend lives in Mexico. I will try to contact her to get email header information. No phone number was given. No money has been requested yet. He told her that he was an American Soldier serving in Syria. Promised to go to meet her in Mexico soon.

Check out these other profiles:

David Moodie:
https://www.facebook.com/david.moodie.77?fref=ts#!/david.moodie.77?fref=ts

George Hannett: Miami Florida
http://badoo.com/01123858465/

Alexis: New York, NY
http://badoo.com/01201757385/photos/

Hoeck Staedt: New York, NY, hoeckstaedt@yahoo.com
http://www.wayn.com/profiles/HoeckStaedt

Arvin Harry, Los Angeles, California
http://www.meetme.com/member/52839121
https://www.facebook.com/arvin.harry.1

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:43 pm

Thank you :)
Hotmail delivers no headers, no need to ask your friend. But the first message text would be very important, too :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

Use Spokeo

Sailory
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Sailory » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:07 am

jerry.hannett@yahoo.com, Jerry Hannett

http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5996950008 Jerry H

Thank you..i am a widower and you....?
I like your eyes...You are pretty... I have a yahoo messenger so just let me know you address so that we can talk much private ok..
Just let's get to know each other well... but all the same I have a daughter... 23 years old
jerry.hannett@yahoo.com write me ok

normt
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby normt » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:47 pm

He is going by Thomas Hannett, Captain US army, stationed in Afghanistan, coming home to retire
in December. Is using Match.com, with yahoo for email.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:42 pm

Can you please add that emailaddress here? :)

Use Spokeo

sweetazmaple
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby sweetazmaple » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:31 pm

http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5997859935

My dear, let me tell you a little about me ..... okay, maybe as time goes on, you will know more and more about me alright. My name is Hanneth Williams. I am 50 years old. I am from Lompoc, California, USA. I am 5.9 inches (175.26cm) and weights 78 kg.I work in the US Army.I am a section commander of the 82nd Airborne Division's, 1-504th PIR, at checkpoint 91,on duty and have served in Michigan.

tip off " dearest " .. "my dear" and he lives in the united "state"

Kanebaby
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

hannetjerry_garden@yahoo.com

Postby Kanebaby » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:35 pm

I was almost scammed by Hannett. He is using the email address hannetjerry_garden@yahoo.com. He didn't ask for anything yet but i was very suspicious of his inconsistencies. Beware!!!

Return to “Military scams”