Tom Ferars, tomferars@yahoo.com

African scammers posing as military personnel.

Re: Tom Ferars, tomferars@yahoo.com

Postby GIJANE30 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:17 am

Just found your website but if I do suspect another soldier I will report them to you so that other women will be aware of them. Thanks for your information!
GIJANE30
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:25 am

because most victims are shy, or embarrassed, or simply don't like to post publicly on forums, or are afraid of him, that he will find out they posted him. Only 0.01% of our visitors are actually brave or pissed enough to register and post.

That's why scambaiters like me have to find and post scammers ourselves, if we wait for victims to do so, we will wait forever. :)
Marisa
Site Admin

Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:27 am

... and many don't even know yet they are being scammed, they haven't seen this topic yet. Hopefully they will, until it's too late.
Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:28 am

@ Tinytee : Sounds good :-)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Use Spokeo
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Stealth on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:15 am

tinytee49 wrote:Am Tom,50 yrs old,have been divorced for 4 years now,i have a son he is 11,was born in England but raised in OH Lancaster , Am the only child of my parents,my mother is an Irish woman and father a British man,but they are deceased now,I like to do a lot of different things,from car racing to concerts, to going to beach, traveling,movies,cooking out on the grill,snuggling,and cuddling with my soul mate,go for walk with that special woman,go to beach,stay at home,have nice conversation,kisses and hugs,sex,i also like to go to bars for a few beers and maybe karaoke if I'm feeling good! lol..... Am looking for a long term relationship with a woman who is completely honest and sincere about her words and feelings,a woman who i know i can have faith and completely trust with all my heart....... What are you looking for in on here?

Are you sure that we are talking about the same guy here?????????????

Yes this is the same guy, in fact, this sample of what he sent you in email is VERY VERY typical (seen it many times over) scammer speak. There are grammatical issues in this email that are exclusive also to people of the region of Nigeria/ghana that aren't found else where. Bear in mind, WE are experts on this matter, we know what to spot, and know a scammer a mile away when we see one. Your email was penned, without a doubt, by a Nigerian variety scammer.

Oooh and BTW, does THIS look familliar to you???

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/coolamaz ... le_similar

coolamazingf .47 / M / Straight / Single

New York, New York

My self-summary
my name is Joe Childress i am 47 years i am divorced i have a son he is 13 years old,i am one of the US troops in Afghanistan kabul on mission,am was born in England but raised in OH Lancaster,i am the only child of my parents,my mother is an irish woman and father a british man,I like to do a lot of different things,from car racing to concerts, to going to beach,traveling,movies,cooking out on the grill,snuggling,and cuddling with my soul mate,i also like to go to bars for a few beers and maybe kareoke if I'm feeling good! lol What I’m doing with my life
military I’m really good at
like to do a lot of different things,from car racing to concerts, to going to beach,traveling,movies,cooking out on the grill,snuggling,and cuddling with my soul mate,i also like to go to bars for a few beers and maybe kareoke if I'm feeling good!

HOW COME THAT BLACK MAN ON OK CUPID IS SAYING THE EXACT SAME THINGS ABOUT HIMSELF, INCLUDING HIS ENGLISH IRISH HERITAGE, AND WORD VERBATIM ABOUT HIS LIKES AS YOUR WHITE MILITARY MAN???
"Scam signs"

ATTN GUESTS!!Telling your mugu that he/she is busted will accomplish absolutely nothing but teaching them how to be better at scamming/victimizing, as well as cause other victims unnecessary duress. Unless this is what you hope to cause, do NOT confront them!
Stealth
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Stealth on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:21 am

tinytee49 wrote:Not trying to be a smart--- but if he has so many other victims then why have they not reported on this web site? I was just simply asking quesitons so that I can educate myself and be aware and alert of these scammers. It Makes me sick to my stomach to hear all of this :(

Many reasons, some are frightened because their scammer knows too much. Some are embarrassed and ashamed. Others simply do not know yet. As you see with others reported, many do come forward. Worst case senario, they see the report here, then go and confront their scammer. I don't know why they assume the scammer will be like "Oops you got me, guilty as charged, and wont be able to talk his way out of a paper bag when confronted. Now the scammers are spot on in their game and have ways they handle this. They will have an answer and excuse for everything thrown at them. Since the woman/man is still in love/crushing after the phony person that doesn't exist, thus a fragile state, they are far less skeptical of the answers than they should be, and buy the excuses hook line and sinker. So they stay a victim, until they are left emotionally and financially broke.

As you see with your scammer, as I showed you, he says the same things under another alias and pics, unless you think he can turn into two different peoples spontaneously, he is a scammer working the sites. It would serve you very well to heed what we say, we are not newbies with the scammers.

You need to block and ignore him, no matter how hard he attempts to contact you. Failure to do so can result in him sucking you right back into the scam by getting you to buy his excuses and believe his crap oppose to the experts, or wind up threatened by him, or you may be too tempted to confront him and wind up teaching him how to be a better scammer. Any rate, nothing good can come out of it, and rich or not, no one should have to find out by losnig a fortune to these sociopaths that don't care if you go bankrupt down the road or in jail because of them.
"Scam signs"

ATTN GUESTS!!Telling your mugu that he/she is busted will accomplish absolutely nothing but teaching them how to be better at scamming/victimizing, as well as cause other victims unnecessary duress. Unless this is what you hope to cause, do NOT confront them!
Stealth
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby GIJANE30 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:17 am

Is anyone familiar with this email address? It is enquiries.militaryservices@hotmail.com? I had another soldier man that claims to be in Afghanistan and when I ask for his military email adress. Actually when I ask for his military email address he got upset which is a red flag because every military soldier has a military email address right? Said he would give it to me later so I guess he has got to figure out that email address?????????
GIJANE30
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:58 am

not only it is a red flag, but it means he is a scam.
Read here:
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=55756

A real military address MUST end with @mail.mil. Every real soldier has it and should be able to provide it without problems.

HOTMAIL+MILITARY = SCAM.
Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby GIJANE30 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Thank you Stealth for your information. I have a question. If a soldier gives you a military email adress, how can you find out or tell if it is the soldier that you are really talking to? It does end with @us.army.mil. The soldier is saying not to send an email to this address because it may be traced by the enemy? If they are communicating on facebook chat then can that not be traced as well or is this a bunch of BS? Should I send a email to the adress to see if I get am answer or if I do send an email to the @us.army.mil address should I just not say anything about it and see if he mentions it? HELP
GIJANE30
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 am

The soldier is saying not to send an email to this address because it may be traced by the enemy?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This is a bullshit!!! Read that link above, what a REAL Military Major says. ;)

Yes, sure send emal to that @us.army.mil address and see what happens. Don't tell him you did. If it bounces - he gave you a wrong address.
If it doesn't, and he doesn't reply and doesn't even mention it - he didn't receive it, another soldier got it.
Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby GIJANE30 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:42 am

Marisa or Frumpy BB, how is one supposed to contact either of you to have their user id name changed on their postings?
GIJANE30
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:20 am

PM sent
Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby GIJANE30 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:20 am

Hey has anyone heard or seen these address's before?

Amobi Grace Obakeng
Johannesburg, South Africa 1685

Moraope Grace Obakeng
Johannesburg, South Africa 1685

Olaye Fimi Kenneth
Sunnyside, Pretoria South Africa

Can anyone give me some info. on these address's?
GIJANE30
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:38 am

Why are these addresses posted? who are these people? did you send them money?

Sorry, this is not how this site works. We don't have any info hidden in the pocket. YOU, POSTERS, have info and are supposed to post details.

In other words, you dont ask: "anybody heard of Joe Doe?" Instead, you tell us: "Joe Doe, with email address xxxx is a scammer because.... (here goes your story and details). Beware!"
Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: New U.S. Army E-mail Addresses

Postby GIJANE30 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:38 pm

I have been talking to a soldier and i ask for his email address and he gave me one but when I sent it about a month ago, it came up as not a good email address. So I tried it again about 2 days ago. It was his name @usarmy.mil.com. So I confronted him and ask him why his email came back as not a good address. Here is what he sent me about 2 hours after we chatted from his military email so it read. But why would he have to link it to his yahoo account? What do you make of this?
He says that he was angry at me cause he told me not to send a message to the military email and I told him that i would not but I did anyway. He stated that he had to link his yahoo email so that I would know that the email was coming from him but I should never reply to that military email again! :thinking: :thinking:
GIJANE30
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

PreviousNext

Return to Military scams