It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:13 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Arrigo Carlo <arrigocarlo368@yahoo.com>

African scammers posing as white men.
sgheartbroken
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby sgheartbroken » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:07 pm

pictures are stolen from Dr. Mark S., who has chosen to stay anonymous

- where did you meet him?
sg.match.com.

- his profile details, especially location, occupation and personal description
First knew him as user: 101ssargo, calls himself Arrigo Carlo, widower with daughter who is supposedly in boarding school. Interior designer for commercial properties. Originally from Italy, born in Poland, living in London before moving to Singapore.
- 6ft 2in, blue eyes, brown hair, Gemini, Conservative

Suspected he's a scam because under his new new profile user:markpaeds64, he is now from Gothenburg, Sweden.
6ft 1in / 5ft 11in, brown eyes, widowed for 6 years, Leo, Liberal, Occupation now under Medical / Dental / Veterinary

Profile description for user: 101ssargo

Thanks for taking the time to read my profile. I would describe myself as an honest, sincere and loyal individual. I have a big heart, am easy going, have a great sense of humor, and genuine. Communication, good morals and integrity and a good sense of humor are important qualities to me. My friends describes me as intense, spontaneous, passionate, creative, thoughtful, genuine, caring, generous, and funny. I am a positive, happy, fun person. I love life and love people. I love making others smile and laugh and I am often smiling and laughing myself. I am adventurous and curious and love to do and learn new things. I am self-confident, honest, genuine, generous, and caring. I love doing nice things for others, sometimes without them knowing. I enjoy working together with others to achieve a set outcome and I believe I will enjoy that in a personal relationship as well.

I am looking for a woman who above all is honest, likes to laugh and joke around and be silly at times,yet knows when to be serious, is direct and straightforward and can talk about most anything with her man. I want us to be the best of friends, who can't wait to be with each other. Someone that doesn't look so much into what they are doing as much as who they are doing it with, with the right person anything can be fun, even doing nothing at all. Someone who likes to cuddle, hold hands when walking, not afraid to show affection I believe partners should respect, trust, compliment and bring out the best in each other. You should have a strong connection with your family and understand the importance of that.

I need someone serious, matured and know what it is to be in love not just one make up face girl, saying I love I love you and its all ends up I another divorce someone who can be comfortable at an important public function but has no problem getting sand between her toes at the beach!
Sure enough of herself to open herself to loving and caring about that special man in her life and Intelligent, funny, honest and responsible
yeah, a woman who can communicate what she desires and has the ability to listen, won't be as a playmate and also she need to be ready to for commitment if the relationship matures I am a very passionate man, and I need a passionate woman to be my partner,someone who is romantic, and thoughtful when its the right time, I like touching and being touched,caressing and being held or just holding hands while watching a movie or sitting.

- his letters

Hello XXX,

How are you doing today? Hope you are had a beautiful day. I am glad to hear from you and knowing you a bit more. I am not sure what your intentions might be joining the dating world but for me, this is about meeting that special someone i will most likely passionately connect with. I have heard stories about online dating and some how i have developed some believes that this could really work for me. I hope you understand, Maybe you could share a little light on what your intentions might be and what kind of man your heart mostly desires to find. I might be the one i might not but i suppose there's only one way to find out right? I understand that for every successful relationship there has to be a very well structured foundation of friendship but still, it's important that we understand what our hearts mostly desires. I want an honest,faithful and trustworthy woman, who know what it means to be a woman, who understands what it means to be in love and make me feel at home and I will make her happy everyday of our lives together. I hate mind games, life is too short for it. There are many places I would love to travel to one day, many things I love to do, but it really is more fun when one has the "right” person to share these with! I love taking off for the day and just exploring new places, or a weekend trip! I love being romantic--holding hands, candlelight dinners for two, and pleasing the woman I care about. Mutual respect is very important to me. I am no stranger to the kitchen - I enjoy cooking as long as there is someone to share a cocktail and engage in sparkling conversation. In cooking, like most things in life, the journey is just as enjoyable as the destination. I enjoy a good bottle of wine or cup of coffee with that special someone. I love to snuggle and cuddle up with a great movie, especially when it rains. Really i love romance and just getting lost in that special someone's eyes as we talk and laugh. I enjoy meeting people and enjoy a variety of recreational activities. My favorite outdoor activities are exploring, hiking, camping, canoing, bicycling, motorcycle riding, fishing and sightseeing. I am an interior designer, mainly on commercial properties. I moved here about 4 months ago. I am starting my company here. Those are pictures of my family. One with my only brother and his wife. one with my mom and my brother, one with my late Dad and the other with my daughter. My dad passed away last year. My brother works offshore in Libya. Him and his wife works in the same company, usually in Poland every other 4months to see my mom. My daughter is a boarding school. Usually here only on Holidays...That is much about my family, Well I have never told anyone about my family just this soon. I feel we are connecting very well. I would love to know much about you also..smile. I would love to know you better. In the meantime, Have a great night. Looking forward to hearing from you. Bye for now. Arrigo

- any additional info

He created new profile under username: markpaeds64 (this profile is still on match.com but appears to be inactive)

Profile description for markpaeds64:

I am Originally from Gothenburg, Sweden. I come from a family of 3. I am 6"1. tall, Brown eyes, widowed for 6 years. A loss that has greatly affected my life and career.

I'm somewhat of an amateur musician. I play the Guitar and I play the piano at the house.
I love the singing of birds, freshness of the beach air and the silent sound of water soft splash on a surf. I am fond of children, animals, music, reading, traveling,cooking,gardening and singing. I'm a person who has courage and will-power to withstand difficulties and strenuous routines in life.

I Work hard and play hard.I love cultural diversity and learning new things. I like to be spontaneous and enjoy the present moments. I desire the same. I need someone that can socialize and entertain, be elegant and sophisticated, and enjoy downtime with phones off, a pizza, a fire and a movie. Gimme a nice relaxing tropical island or the dog park, I am adaptable. Most important to me is to have someone special by my side that is as proud of me and being with me as I am with her. I am looking for a woman who loves her culture and will love to share with me happily.

I'm romantic if I must say and easygoing and I'm not afraid to take chances in life, I believe in miracles, endless love,fate and I value honesty. Everyday I wake I learn more but myself and my experiences either good or bad keeps me going.

You should be warned that I like to laugh and think two people should have fun together - I'm always surprised at people who have forgotten how to play and joke. I love deep, serious conversations, especially by a fire and with wine, but I'm equally up for puns and word play. There is nothing more romantic that a woman who makes me laugh. I love fun as well. We can dance in the rain and giggle like school kids. I enjoy beach walking as well. I love the cool winds and sea breezes, It brings back memories i have long lost.
I'm full of life and hungry to love and ready for a long term relationship. If you find my profile and it interest you , Please feel free to drop me a note.

Pictures for user: 101ssargo

Current display pic for markpaeds64

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Arrigo Carlo <arrigocarlo368@yahoo.com>

Postby Myra » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:35 pm

To arrigocarlo368@yahoo.com
Opened 2013/04/17
Location Lagos, Nigeria (86% likelihood)
Opened on (41.138.188.11:49671)

Hello xxx,
How are you doing? Nice to hear from you.
What would you like to know about me? Just ask and I will answer..
Looking forward to hearing from you..
Bye for now.

Received: from [41.138.188.11]

Kit
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Kit » Tue May 28, 2013 12:25 pm

Meet him: match.com
His alias: waynesidea
His email to me:

Subject: Re: Arrigo Carlo <arrigocarlo368@yahoo.com>

hi

Good evening, I must say you have a wonderful profile here & you are actually startling gorgeous with that cute smile.
I saw your profile and it warmed my heart, the impact has been overwhelming. I am interested in you & I will like to start up conversations with you if you do not mind. I will really appreciate it from my heart if you take the time to send a note back to me or drop me your email address so I can write to you directly. Or better still, you may email me at my yahoo account twayne96

Wayne

SadSmarter
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

holytrinityclinic@dr.com

Postby SadSmarter » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:34 am

I don't know if its the same scammer... but he used the photos of Dr. Mark S.

My beloved scammer used the name: Marty Williams in netlog.com; but he erased his profile when we meet in 15 July, 2013.

Borned in 1965, Widow since 2007, with a ten years old daughter... He lives in UK, is the owner of "Big Green Construction" that constructs bridges, roads in many parts of the world, and a week ago he went to Accra, Ghana to sign a contract, when he suddenly was involved in a car accident and of course... like on his "diary" I'm his "next to kind" the African doctor (from "The Holy Trininty Clinic" a Hospital´s name that really exists) called me asking for money for the hospital´s fee... Like I didn't send anything and I asked his passport number and another real data, suddenly the doctor e-mailed me (holytrinityclinic@dr.com) and informed me, that "the british citizen" had enough cash to pay the hospital´s bill in his wallet.

Since then, my beloved scammer, has been trying to making me feel guilty for not support him... I haven't give them any money, but as this page warns, they insist and make a wider spiderweb of lies... He already needs another surgery... so he ask me for help, but I told him that I didn´t believe him, he probably was a scammer (because the british embassy warned me about)... Of course, he get upset, dissapointed and...even, he sent me his passport number (I haven't check it yet) in order to prove me he is real, and the situation's authenticity...
And we're in this point of the scam!... :( and sometimes, I just stand up and think... and if this is real??? I feel so stupid!! :'(... Certainly its a great history!

Martin Adams Williams or Martin Adams Phillips, use skype and videocam... he is the same guy that used arrigocarlo368@yahoo.com photos (he's posted here by that e-mail also)... HE ALREADY DOESN'T USES LETTERS... he chat in facebook and uses skype!

I'm sure, that arrigocarlo368@yahoo.com is the same that my scammer who has two emails: whitejim@live.com and mart_adams@hotmail.com, because there are the same photos, that Arrigo Carlo used: Dr. Mark S

The videoconference had bad sound... but it corresponded with the video (that really cheated me!!)... and the voices were the same in videoconference than phone calls by skype.

He has a strange accent, like I'm not english spoken, I couldn't recognize... but he showed me his e-mail inbox and I saw there emails in russian... yes, he tried to show me how honest he was, and he asked me to show him my inbox (by webcam) and he gave me his password in correspondance (of course, his inbox was suspiciously clean).

He is VERY SMART!... He really seems TO FEEL THE HISTORY, even I suspect parts of the history are real, and he only "make up it" in each new profile (I was reading the arrigocarlo348@yahoo.com post).

The whole histories are congruent between them: Caucasian, he was borned in Italy, lived in Russia (or Poland), tall, blond-gray hair, brown eyes, good looking... widow, lives in UK. He uses a cell phone with UK Code.

I discovered several aliases and sites, the same scammer uses:

site: alias and generals: e-mail:
Netlog Marty_Williams, UK, Cardiff, Civil Engennieer whitejim@live.com
Facebook Mark Vasin, UK, Cardiff, whitejim@live.com
Facebook Martin Adams, UK, Cardiff, Civil Engennieer mart_adams@hotmail.com
2gether.com.ua Richard123, UK (no more data)
Vk.com Calvin Dickson, UK, Liverpool

He used a pre-paid phone card to call me, that situates him in Abuja, Nigeria.
If you wish, I can provide the telephone numbers.

Greetings!

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Lamson Peterson, lamson.peterson@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:24 am

FB
Lamson Peterson
About
Worked at Self Employed Contractor
Studied at BBW Akademie Berlin

Hello i am Lamson Peterson, i am honest, loving,caring man, humble, faithful and i am really in search for a trust worthy woman to spend the rest of my life with. I am not just looking for a short term relationship but i am looking for a relationship that will last till the end of time. I want a woman that will treat me like a real man and will never hurt me for any reason send me a friend request if you are interested and you can email me lamson.peterson@yahoo.com ,i would be looking forward to hear from you soon.

yahoo avatar

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Lamson Peterson, lamson.peterson@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:40 am

spokeo found his twin brother on FB

Lamson Peterson
About
Worked at Self Employed Contractor
Studied at Liverpool John Moores University
Past: Parrs Wood High School

also goes by
Calvin Dickson from Liverpool on vk, badoo, and tagged
Age 47
vk.com/id210180485
tagged.com/profile.html?view=mini&uid=5988859950
badoo.com/en/01238941334

Image Image

badoo profile pics show --- he's already in the forum ;)

or Malcolm Richman on google+
plus.google.com/109485088465024099286/posts
one of his friends is our 'Uwe'

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Lamson Peterson, lamson.peterson@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:50 am

clones on FB
using the name Kelvin Owen

facebook.com/kelvinowen111
About
Works at Property Shop Qld Project Marketing and ContractorJobs!
Lives in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
From Turin, Italy

facebook.com/kelvin.owen.315
About
Worked at G.S. Construction/South Wales
Studied at University of Wales
Past: Lake Wales Senior High School
Lives in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
From Turin, Italy
In a relationship
Likes Malaysian Media Network :twisted:

Image Image Image

Justiceira
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Justiceira » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:17 am

This person is said to be Gabriel Smith , 50, Engo . Civil from Miami but lives in Orlando , is a company of construction material , widower, orphan of father and mother, a brother Gilbert 40 years , with a 8 year old daughter Isabel , 14 days ago I'm talking to him every day by email and whats up , I'm sure it's coup , has said that to him and he insists that not even sent me flowers today from abroad as floriculture guy told me , e - mail it is g_smith0511@hotmail.com , to the phone is (786) 4531672 , ( I already called this number twice and he answered me ) the address , 9400 Universal Blvd . Apt 511 , Orlando - FL ZIP : 32819, ( already went to see in Google Earth and this address is a convention center with the same number 9400 ) has also questioned him and he said it was next to this complex , because the knowledge in suspicious parperfeito.com.br and match.com and he saw ( make partnerships ) , because in the past I have tried to give a blow and the person acted the same way with the same features of it , and I did not fall , I have spoken with him about this supposed coup and I asked 20,000.00 and he has the same similarities , widow , a daughter , canceled the profile on the site the next day we started talking , I could never turn the cam that was broken , always sent the same photos , Gabriel has called this the cam twice after much prodding me and both times it was less than a minute and hung up saying that it was a bad connection via Skype , but the picture looked a recording of him talking nonstop , made gestures of a bye and he turned off the cam , said that his mic was so bad I could not hear him , but then it got to rambling on cam ? And yesterday , even though this scammer that I had already told the whole story to him he came to me for 6000.00 to pay a fee of land he wants to buy here in Brazil to build a family business of construction material , said that a lawyer was seeing him in RJ , that he would pay me when he got here , I asked that this charge was and he could not explain , so I told him that when he got here we both were going to the RJ for me to talk personally with that lawyer and that he should not pay anything without knowing what it was , and then again I said he was a con man who was acting as the other , and he became very angry with me flipping the game , of course not given money will not give anything , but he has not gone , keeps sending me emails and messages all day , he said he comes to Brazil in late October , and so far have not bought the ticket, said he had seen the Air France the best price , but I went on the website and they have no flight to Orlando SP , only winding me and I pretend to believe to see how far it goes. Today Ips tracked all of the emails he sent me and that's how I realized that uses several different IPs and these IPS has denounces Scrammers using the same IP.
This information that other people do not fall in the same scam .

Following IPs :
<all IPs are of Microsoft>

dv2013
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby dv2013 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:19 pm

A.k.a. Humbly Walter.
He came to me on a FB, we had a chat and then he suggested to use yahoo messenger and a web cam (which conveniently has not been working). He definitely has a lot on his hands, he couldn't remember the details of the conversation, has lots of excuses not to use webcam, his UK phone answered only when i said i'm calling him, his English is not good (misprints, grammar mistakes), he has a low voice and and an accent. The "story" is merely the same - widower with a daughter, constructing company, etc. He's very practical - started to ask questions about my year income and so on... He got very angry when I suggested to send me the copy of his passport to prove that he is not a scam )))

I wish i knew about this site earlier - at least i'll have my 2 nights of a good sleep ))))) Thanks to Kirylya for the link!

***this is Humble Walter***

Humbly Walter
What a sparkling smile. I am humble walter I really don't know you, I was searching for an old friend, when i stumbled on your profile. I got entangled in that wonderful smile, couldn't stop myself from saying hello and seek your friendship. Hope to hear back from you.

Humbly Walter
Thanks for writing me , please pardon my manners as I can't stand this, but have no choice to let you know about me. i am humble walter currently living in the City of Birmingham United Kingdom, i obtained a professional Degree in Civil Engineering with Great Achievements, My Late Parents are from Italy, and I am the only child of my parents I am . though. I lost my parents a long time ago, My daughter jennylives with me but whenever i travel out, I get our maid look after heror take heroff to her boarding school, but usually i don't allow her stay at school when i am around, I have being praying a new love to come by, am telling you all this because i don't know why, may be i Just want to be open minded. No one is great in this world until and unless he explore his/her self"
I'm a kind of person who believes to work diligently. I believe in fate, God and nice people. I'm little bit studied one who also likes to watch tv, Hollywood movies, and listen to soul music.
“I'm living my life with a little bit of dreams and also 'In search of beautiful mind". Whatever I have today is more important than what I wanted to achieve…That’s my perception. Okay?
I would cherish a mutual/reciprocal attention. My wish here is to get involve in a SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP/MARRIAGE, or wish to meet a lady who intends to get married. Apart from my work am also very loving and caring person and i can give to you the best of love you have ever felt before, please do tell me about yourself. Where you work, your age any other thing you feel you can tell me. I will be glad to hear from you soon. i frequently check my personal email, I am actually new on Facebook, and it not easy for getting around it, because i recently created my account, maybe this the way God wants it hahaha........ so i will appreciate you write me directly on my personal email. is my email id (humblewalter@yahoo.com) I can also be reached on
I expect to read from you.
Regards, humble walter...

Humbly Walter
am happy to receive your mail.there is something you need to know about me,and i will be glad if you fill and return back.
It's so good now that you have been able to write back to me.. I'm really thankful for the time you took to write. I thought as much to take this time to share a few question with you. I will write the questions and answer to them so when you write back you can also answer them for me. . 1. What is your full name? walter 2. When is your birthday? january 1st 1963 3. What is your favorite song? comforter by cece winans 4. What is your favorite color? Blue 5. Where were you born? In Italy. 6. What is your favorite scripture? psalm 23 7. What is your favorite movie? It's a series called, 24 8. What is something I would be surprised to learn about you? I have a great sense of humour towards life. 9. What would be your ideal vacation destination? anywhere would be adventure with the right partner. 10. Do you like the beach or the mountains? Both, because they both have beautiful sunsets. same as you. 11. Do you like silver or gold?Gold 12. Are you a happy person? Yes 13. Who has been the biggest influence in your life? God 14. How old were you when you accepted Jesus? I was born into a devoted christian home,but took the big decision when i was 13 15. Do you feel the favor of the Lord on you life? Yes 16. Are you a giving person? Yes 17. Do you find it hard to share your feelings? sure,but when i know that i can't hold it anymore i do share it. 18. Are you open to a new relationship? Yes. 19. How would your friends describe you?understanding,funloving,caring,nice,well-mannered, imaginative, affectionate and reasonably fit 20. What is the one goal you hope to achieve? The one goal I would like to achieve is to live up to the full potential the Lord has for me,and also to build a new home with my future wife. 21. how long have you been on the internet dating? not up to 1 month. 22. How many people are you in correspondence with? Just one and that's you, honestly after i started writing you, i thought it will be wise to know you very well first and see what could happen. 23.what you do for a living? I'm a Telecom Engineer working as the director of operations in a petroleum refining consultant for a large multinational corporation. 24. Do you live alone? Yes 25. You are living in a rental apartment or house? In what area/city? I'm living in a House in birmingham city. 26. How you spend most of your time besides work..I go swimming and exploring nature on the walking trails of the state parks. I love to spend time walking on paths in natural gorges with running water and waterfalls and talking to God, then also watch sports. 27. Are you the eldest in the family? No am the only child. 28. How many times you had been married? I have been married once. 29. Do you smoke? I guess not.. Nope 30. Which country have you been? Do you likes to travel? I have been to, Vietnam, , Uk, saudi arabia, south africa. China. 31. Do you have any kid? I have a daughter, jenyn. 32. Do you have pet at home? Dog or cat? or others? I use to have a Dog. 33. Do you drink? Once in a while, Just a glass of wine. 34. Are you willing to travel far distance just to meet your love one? Yes of course. 35. Whats your family back ground? your sibling, your dad/mom..My mom and dad are late, I'm the only child of my parents. 36. Are you a caring, thoughtful, generous, kind, considerate and always telling the truth..and not a secretive person? Yes 37. What time you usually goes to bed? It varies, depend on what i'm doing. sometimes i go to bed early while sometimes when i have something to do i go to bed late. 38. Who prepared your meals? and who does your laundry too.. I prepare my meal sometimes, same for my laundry. most especially when i'm bored.
39. Do you mind if your life partner older or younger than you? and different culture.. Nope 40. Are you a harsh spoken person? Nope 41. Are a quick tempered person? Nope 42. Are you a responsible and faithful to your spouse to be..and able to love her/him, standby her/him for the ups and downs.? Yes. I will stop here for now You take good care and hope to read from you. 43.have you dated on the internet before?nope.whats your experience like,i have not. walter.hopw to hear back from you soon.bye ......

Humbly Walter
Hello , thanks for responding to my message, i read your message over and over again, i would appreciate if you email me directly to my email address at humblewalter@yahoo.com, i really want us to know each other, the quickest and most opened means is us chat online and see both faces on video cam, if you do not have the yahoo messenger on your computer, you can please download it by clicking the link below, its very easy to download and install on your PC just follow the instructions within a mnute its done.
to get a yahoo email click on http://www.yahoomail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and to get a yahoo chat instant messenger click on http://messenger.yahoo.com/download/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These are my contact phone numbers, u can reach me @ this number @ any time : +447012927519 would appreciate if you send me your direct contact numbers ease conversations
My email ID and chat is humblewalter@yahoo.com
I await for your Yahoo email.
Have a nice time

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:22 pm

+4470- fake UK numbers appear in Nigerian scams all around the world :( Glad you have found the truth :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Pandora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

humblewalter@yahoo.com

Postby Pandora » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:34 pm

humblewalter@yahoo.com

migente.com
walterwiggy_123
Sex: Male
pic already posted

sophizz
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

smithbrooks3@yahoo.com

Postby sophizz » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:03 am

This guy's real name is Ehikioya David. He lives in Nigeria.
He contacted me on Jeevansathi.com (a famous Indian matrimonial site)

His emails me from smithbrooks35@yahoo.com. I search his email id on face book and found it is going to some Ehikioya David who lives in Nigeria. I reply to him asking if he knew Ehikioya David...my bad..he became alert and changed his email id on Jeevansathi to smithbrooks3@yahoo.com, and created a new FB account with the new email address :cry:

Email 1

Return-Path: <smithbrooks35@yahoo.com>
Received: from [180.215.171.98] by web161804.mail.bf1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Wed, 23 Oct 2013 08:39:12 PDT

IP: 180.215.171.98
Originating ISP: 334,udyog Vihar
City: Delhi
Country of Origin: India[/b]

Subject: Hello xxx
To: xxxx<xxxx>

Hello xxxx, thanks for accepting my request at the site.,Im smith =A0im wi=
dowed, i have a daughter,i am a Telecommunication Engineer,i am a fun lovin=
g person, i golf, tennis,bowling,basket ball,foot ball,listen to music,danc=
ing,cooking i like nature especially the beach. =A0Tell me more about you. =
I would like to chat with you =A0too if you dont =A0mind. Im not much at th=
e site can we chat on email of facebook? please do get back to me. cheers.=
=0A=0ASmith
--1565830678-1319487958-1382542752=:62519
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:He=
lveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif;fo=
nt-size:18pt"><div>Hello Sopia, thanks for accepting my request at the site=
.,Im smith &nbsp;im widowed, i have a daughter,i am a Telecommunication Eng=
ineer,i am a fun loving person, i golf, tennis,bowling,basket ball,foot bal=
l,listen to music,dancing,cooking i like nature especially the beach. &nbsp=
;Tell me more about you. I would like to chat with you &nbsp;too if you don=
t &nbsp;mind. Im not much at the site can we chat on email of facebook? ple=
ase do get back to me. cheers.</div><div><br></div><div style=3D"color: rgb=
(0, 0, 0); font-size: 24px; font-family: HelveticaNeue, 'Helvetica Neue', H=
elvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif; background-color: transparent=
; font-style: normal;">Smith</div></div></body></html>
--1565830678-1319487958-1382542752=:62519--

My reply email

Hi Smith,
Sorry just wanted to know who is Ehikioya David? Seems like you know him very well! which part of Nigeria are you from? eh?
cheers

His reply email

Delivered-To: xxxx

Received: from [116.203.231.134]

Originating IP: 116.203.231.134
Originating ISP: Mts
City: n/a
Country of Origin: India

Reply-To: Smith Brooks <smithbrooks35@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Hello xxxx

Last edited by minerva on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheRealSlimShady
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby TheRealSlimShady » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:37 pm

Well, I suppose it's time for me to make an appearance. I am the real person who's identity these creeps have assumed, and I would just like to apologize that you all have been involved in these online scams. I admit, when I opened my Facebook page years ago, I left it wide open for anyone to see because I was also using it as a business page, and this is how these scammers obtained my pictures initially. I had no idea people actually did this at the time. My profile has since been locked down, but I am approached at least once per week by new people being contacted by new fake profiles (Facebook and dating sites) using my pictures. My images are out there now and I don't know what can be done about it. I am happy that many people have found this site before they were victimized.

I shut down at least 4 or 5 Facebook pages every week that pop up with my pictures, but they continue to create new ones. So please, please, please report any and all scammer profiles to Facebook or whatever dating site you find them on. And if anyone ever tracks down one of these bast#$@s, please forward their info to me as I would love to pay them a visit. Always remember to NEVER send anyone money that you don't know, regardless of how nice or genuine they seem to be. These guys are pros, that's for sure.

Be careful out there, and if anyone has any ideas about how to stop these creeps, I'm willing to do what I can.

Mark

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:44 pm

Welcome, and thank you very much for your statement here. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:03 pm

. . . if anyone has any ideas about how to stop these creeps, I'm willing to do what I can.
Exposure - so that suspicious victims are likely to discover the scam BEFORE they send money, is the best way to stop the scammers. They will have to stop using your pictures when the danger for them is that they'll invest time and effort into their scam and not get a payoff. Having your stolen images here is the best and fastest way we know.

Also, what you have been doing might seem a little like Don Quixote battling windmills but getting their fake accounts removed quickly alerts potential victims and also lets the scammers know that the pictures have been exposed. The downside to that is that it takes the scammer less than 10 minutes to create new profiles and they tell would-be victims their old account was hacked - which also covers for their story when they try to convince the victim that they are really talking with the real you. It's tricky trying to stay a step ahead of these guys.

Select the option to be notified whenever someone posts in this thread. That will at least alert you to new fake profiles or ones you haven't found yet.

Last, when victims contact you, send them here and let us set them straight. It's what we're here for.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

Return to “White Males”