Jane Martins

African scammers posing as white women.

Jane Martins

Postby hercs63 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:21 pm

All

Please all be aware of someone of email: jane_passion11@yahoo.com

It's a long story, she sent me a message on a dating website saying she used her friends profile & was interested so contact her at the yahoo email address,, but when I tried to reply to her thru profile it was rejected so I emailed her at her yahoo email address... strange

She introduced herself as her dad died on an accident & was brought up by her mum in UK & is currently working for unicef in nigeria & is looking for someone to settle down with as just broken up with boyfriend & is working in nigeria. volunterary as welfare manager.

The following day we chat on yahoo messenger & said she was upset as the a kid in her orphanage needs a new kidney & she wanted to raise some cash quickly,,, after 2 hours of chatting I eventually agreed to help to send some donation accross so when asked what her bank account was she said it's easier with western union than bank. i also asked her how much was kidney she said it cost $3000 so when I asked how much is she short she never gave the amount nor how much she raised so far.

Tried to send cash today but western union informed me of the scam,,, did a bit of research on net then come accross this,,,, so I asked her I cannot give her cash as western union informed me of scam,,, so she said try moneygram,,, but I asked if she can send me some prove to say what she says is true,, like a uk tel no so that I can ring to check her identity,, SURPRISE.. she cannot provide it & said it upset her by asking for this. i rang up unicef whether they heard of her but they don't do such thing.

Then she got really upset that no cash was being sent,, but i said if she can prove me wrong by sending me some prove I'll send her cash,,, but still no prove,,, chatted on messenger, then decided to call it a day as no matter what she cannot provide me 1 UK tel no to prove she is genuine even though she stated she got transferred from uk unicef & her mum currently live in uk...

So here are the detail of the scammer:

Name: Jane Martins
email: jane_passion11@yahoo.com
Address where she said she lived: 50 Cole Avenue,Victoria Island,
Lagos,Nigeria 23401..
IP address: 82.128.21.140
Currency she requested: US dollars
Transfer: Western union or moneygram

Any more details then please let me know.

Thx

hercs63
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Jane Martins

Postby hercs63 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:29 pm

More pics of what she sent.

I forgot to mention that when I txt her that western union told me it may be a scam,,, she rang me straightaway to ask what was the problem ,, then she sounded old than what she told me (27)

She txt me from the following no: +2348027143436
hercs63
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

STOP! STOP! STOP! DO NOT SEND MONEY!

Postby MrAllDaySucker on Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:34 am

You are quite correct - you have been approached by a professional criminal scammer.

RUN - Do Not Walk away!

The reason the person you spoke to sounded different than you might have expected from the pictures provided to you is quite simple: They aren't the same person! In fact, the cute young girl in those pictures has never met your scammer - nor in all probability does she have any idea that her pictures are being used in this confidence scheme.

Please refer to my post in this forum ("Monica Morgan"): http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5631

"Her" kidney transplant was only $960 USD - what a bargain! (Actually, what a lie!) Check out the photo sent to me for "verification" - entitled poor "Monica in the Theater" - with a nurse intently listening through a stethoscope RESTING ON HER NECK!

This is 100% Textbook Scam!

Good Luck to you!
What we do in life... echoes through eternity.
MrAllDaySucker
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby ScorpioJay38 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi I met the real ane on a dating site 1 year ago and she was from London, we spoke a few times and she was nice and friendly, she told me that she was going to the states in California and would be taking her laptop with her so we could chat on yahoo. The real Jane I knew asked me to send her £50.00 which i did by western union and she reapaid me back also by western union. It was about April or May when 2010 when I got up in the morning and read my email that I was told to delete the email address and mobile number thet she gave as she got a new phone and set up a new yahoo which was jane passion. I asked Jane who I thought was my girlfriend that can she ring and she said said she could not ring out international calls like me so we kept on speaking on yahoo then she said she was gong to nigria to work in an orphanage. My biggest mistake was when i kept on sending money over to her and then sent my bank details onto her as she wanted to put money in my account and after i withdrew it from the bank i got aleeter saying the cheque was a fraud and they closed my account, I then got some travellers cheques from her as she wanted me to visit her in Nigeria so I tok up the offer, Once the travellers cheques came through the post i went to cash them at the travel agents and they got on the phone and read out the numbers but it came back as fraud and the police was involved and i was arrested on suspicion of fraud but only got a caution as i told them i did not know it was the hacker. I came home and came on msn and said can i phone you, she said no but she could call me if i buy a top up voucher for i did this and gave her the voucher number on yahoo and as soon as i heard her voice i said you are not jane you are a fraudster i would still know the real janes voice and i am doing my best to find her as i jsut want to appologise to her for letting her down when i promissed her i would not let her down. I have joined loads of sites trying to find her but starting to give up hope as I do not know if she still lives in London or another part of the uk. That is my story and it is true, I can't believe i was so stupid tofall for it but now i am wary of who I am adding to my yahoo or msn.
ScorpioJay38
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:44 pm

Welcome. I hate to say it, but there was no real Jane. It was the scammer all along simply working you all along. Email address changes are usually done because others have reported it to Yahoo and they've closed the account down for abuse. Also, the money you were sent back would have been from another victim and done as a "convincer" to prepare you for a much larger con.
wayne

Bookmark and Share

Return to White Females