It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Public Relations - Media & Members

Discussion of scam and scambaiting NOT related to any particular scammer
bradpfanner
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with pictures of Emma O' Neil

Postby bradpfanner » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:58 am

Scammers with pictures of Emma O' Neil

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=26680" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am a private investigator dealing with romance scams and I would like to get in contact with anyone who has been the victim of someone using the photos of Emma O'Neil. We need to make contact for a television show, where another victim will learn that Emma O'Neil is not his fiancee. If anyone is interested, please contact me ASAP, as the producer will need to make contact with you by tomorrow (11/9/2014). I can be contacted by phone at xxxx or by email at xxxx. Thanks in advance for your help.

Please use PM to communicate with each member in the forum :) , Minerva

Re: Scammers with pictures of Emma O' Neil

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

uctzbsi
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

RESEARCH - victim particiation for univerity research

Postby uctzbsi » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:59 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Beth and I'm currently studying at the department of security and crime science at UCL. I am going to be conducting research into online dating romance scams for my Master's degree. It's very difficult to get any data for this kind of crime, and because of this it's a very under researched area. This website is a very data rich resource and I'd like to use it for my research.

I'm specifically interested in looking at victim experiences and the scam process that has happened to each individual. I'm also interested in looking at demographic information and descriptive statistics about locations of victim and offender. What I really need from this community is your experience, and information about what happened to you and how you feel about it. The research is in its very early stage, and this message is just part of me trying to gauge interest and formulate the research design. I intend to create a short online survey that everyone can participate in and the more responses I get the better. I'm also looking for as many people as possible to participate in email or telephone interviews with me. If anybody is geographically based in London, a face to face interview is possible as well. Everyone will be given the chance to remain anonymous.

If you would be interested please could you reply to this message or pm me, just so I can gauge an interest and then I'll contact you in a month or so. Remember that you can help the research front to prevent this kind of crime!

Many thanks,

Beth

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Romance Fraud - looking to interview a victim.

Postby Igulinka » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:51 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a freelance journalist based in the UK and would like to speak to you about Romance Fraud, which is currently a big topic of concern here.

It would be great if I could speak with someone from Romance Scam over the phone or to send you some questions via email about the problem.

I am particularly interested in the links between Boko Haram and the scammers, which hasn't been covered much over here.

This would be with a view to writing a story or feature for the national press in the UK.

Please drop me a line or call me on 00 44 7867 353 190.

Best regards,

Josh Layton

some proof source here: http://www.openingdoorsnet.biz/blog/pre ... nuary-2015
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

bobnavvy
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Public Relations - Media & Members

Postby bobnavvy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:32 am

Hi,

I have been scammed in the UK to a total of £27,000 / $38,000 back Oct-Dec 2015.

I have contacted the media about this already however it does seem there is no interest in specific cases like this. I would be happy to talk to anyone in the UK about this.

Bels1234
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Looking for UK Romance Scam Victims!

Postby Bels1234 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:39 am

Hi there! I am a documentary maker working on a project on romance scams. I would really like to speak to someone who has experienced a scam (preferably from the UK) for use in a radio documentary. Please reply to this thread if this is something you would be able to do! Will be done entirely anonymously and using a voice changer if necessary. Please send me a private message or reply to this thread. Thanks :)

DennisdeWit
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Media request: who wants to share his/her story?

Postby DennisdeWit » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:11 pm

Hello,

I am a student on Journalism in The Netherlands and I am currently writing an article about romance scams. I would like to make a small article as an human interest story. So I would basically like to get to know your story!

Who wants to share his/her story to protect other people from falling into a romance scam? Of course, I will not publish your real name, I can make up a fictive name when needed.

It will be an article and I can interview you using Skype.

Thanks,
Dennis de Wit

Chris UoA
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Chris UoA » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:37 am

Hello there,

Is there any possibility of being PM'd by one of the moderators on this site?

My name is Chris McCormick from the University of Auckland, New Zealand. I am currently conducting research on the impacts of Online Romance Scams on victims and their families.

Due to the ethical requirements of my home University, I am required for an administrator of this site to review a proposed recruitment flyer and acknowledge this in a provided consent form before I can engage with potential volunteers.

If an administrator could please reach out to me in private message that would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Chris

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:09 am

Hi and welcome, received your PM, it´s no problem, glad you are researching on our subject, please go ahead :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Return to “General discussion”