It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Public Relations - Media & Members

Discussion of scam and scambaiting NOT related to any particular scammer
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed May 08, 2013 11:46 am

For all media / journalist enquiries.

If you are seeking for volunteers / victims to interview, please leave your requests here.

For journalists: Please introduce yourself / your ongoing project in few sentences and tell us what you expect and need.

For volunteer Members willing to be interviewed: We ask that you submit at least your scammer here on the board first. You can then place a notice in this forum that you are willing to be interviewed. You are also encouraged to contact media members who post here via Private Message. Many journalists have previously agreed to respect privacy and confidentiality. You can ask to be kept anonymous.

The only rule is: please don't leave any off-site contact information on the board (email addresses or phone-numbers). This is for your own safety. Interested victims and journalists should make the first contact with each other via our PM system only.

Please keep in mind that we are a nonprofit site with a volunteer staff. Any publicity to warn and educate the public is greatly appreciated. If this site has helped you, please do not forget to cite it as your source.

If you are interested in being notified of replies in this topic, tick the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" below the reply box while posting your reply.

Thank you. :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

anne007
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: For all media / journalist enquiries

Postby anne007 » Wed May 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Good idea ...

So, when a German journalist is interested, to report on the matter "Romancesamming", he is welcome to send a PM to me.

Please only German journalists, because my english is not so good :oops:
Das WICHTIGSTE auf deutsch von A - Z : *KLICK HIER*

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

UK Scam Victim?

Postby Pinky » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:10 pm

A reporter from The Sun is urgently seeking a romance scam victim who is a UK resident. If you would be willing to be interviewed (you may be compensated for your time), please send me a PM. The information you might provide will go a long way in raising public awareness of this vicious crime. Thanks!
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

Loversberg
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Public Relations - Media & Members

Postby Loversberg » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:09 pm

It is a good idea.....I will always be glad to do it

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:08 pm

Another media request, this one is a video documentary about romance scams. The producer is willing to travel for interviews so of course this means you'll be expected to appear in the video. It is a likely to be a human interest documentary that will investigate all facets of the scams. The producer also intends to travel to Africa to meet the scammers as well. I believe this will have great potential for making the entire world more aware of this huge international problem. I hope our members here will be willing to help with this project.

The producer is William Davenport, wsdaven@gmail.com.
http://www.talkstoryfilms.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please contact him directly and be sure to let him know that you're from Romancescam.com.
Thank you all for your support.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

gospelbj
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby gospelbj » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that today, September 11, 2013, Dr. Phil is doing a television segment on Internet Scams. It's pretty informative, and he actually has people on who are currently being scammed. If this can help someone, it's well worth watching.

Thanks.
Dr. B

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Anyone from the UK willing to speak with The Times? PM me and I'll put you through.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:54 pm

Just to show how the actual filming went during an interview for TV : http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 27#p361427" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

JulieNP
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby JulieNP » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:10 pm

Admins - I'm always willing to share my experience. I found the courage to tell my friends and family so it is no big secret that I made this life changing mistake.

Julie

boofox29
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby boofox29 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi there

I am a journalist on a national newspaper in the UK. I am interested in talking to victims of love/romance scams from the UK about their experiences.

I know it is a sensitive and difficult subject but if you have a story you would consider sharing then please contact me over PM
If you agree to your story being published, once it appears in the paper you would receive a fee. Do contact me if you have any questions.

Many thanks

Boudicca

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Re: Would like to speak to love scam victims

Postby minerva » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:21 pm

thanks for posting about it and please dont add your email ID in the open. we used PM to communicated. you can give your email ID to our member who may be interesting in it via PM
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

trizzidore
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Documentary about online dating scams

Postby trizzidore » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:05 pm

Dear reader,

I am a researcher for documentary films and I’m based in The Netherlands. Currently I am researching the phenomenon of ‘romance scamming’. The film focusses on the subjects of being lonely in the 21st century and the expectations of romance that women, and perhaps men too, have. Therefore I would like to get in touch with some brave women and men who have been scammed and are willing to talk about their experiences. We would specifically like to talk with people who want to take action against their scammer(s). Since romance scamming happens throughout the western world I am looking for people from different countries and not just The Netherlands.
If you want to get in touch with me to talk about your experiences or if you want more information about the production you can contact me via PM
I would like to conclude this mail by saying that it is not our intend to make a sensational film about unfortunate people. Our aim is to make a film about the quest of the modern women/man for genuine love.
I am looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Eva

jasmineproject
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Seeking Aussies who've been scammed

Postby jasmineproject » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:21 am

Hi all, my name is Jasmine and I am a producer on The Project - a national news and current affairs show in Australia. I'm doing a story to raise awareness of online dating scams and looking to interview people in Australia who would like to share their story and warn others. If you're at all interested in being involved or know someone who might be, please PM me.
I'm happy to chat further over the phone before you agree.
I hope to hear from you.
Jasmine

trizzidore
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Documentary

Postby trizzidore » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:14 pm

Dear reader,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Eva, I am a documentary filmmaker currently researching the phenomenon of romance scamming. The people from romancescam.com are helping me in this process. I have been researching since february this year and apart from this research I work on different projects. They include a children's philosophy programme for Dutch television, a documentary that is now finished (you can watch it here: https://vimeo.com/80457793" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - the password is: losdoc321) and some smaller projects (for more info: evavanpelt.nl).
I've spoken to quite a few male and female victims of these scams in The Netherlands and I have spoken extensively with Cees Schep from the anti-fraud centre here. He told me a lot about the way scammers work and how the police in Nigeria works. All these people have given me insights of the works of the scammers, the feeling of being scammed and many spoke to me about their previous relationships - their love cv so to speak.

It is my intention to make a documentary in which I closely follow two or three people who have a long-distance relationship with someone who might not be who he or she says he/she is and people who have just discovered that this is definitely the case. The reason I want to do this is that I have discovered throughout my research that there are many taboo’s still when it comes to being single and online dating, especially for people over forty. The people I have spoken to however were braver than most of their peers to end a bad marriage or to try and make a new start and rediscover themselves. Being brave enough to rediscover who you are and experiment with who you want to be are important motives in this film. When you have been scammed there are many times you don’t feel brave at all, but rather powerless and ashamed. Still, there is an immense power and braveness in people who are adamant to make life as good as it can get. Both these highs and lows I want to show in this film that will hopefully help a little break taboos around the topic of love in the 21st century.

Therefore I am asking you, the reader of this post, to contact me if you are interested in meeting me. I am interested in all your stories, especially when you have just discovered you were scammed - or you are not sure - and want to talk about your experiences. It is important for you to know that our first contact will be via e-mail, or if you prefer, Skype or telephone. I will NOT publish the story anywhere or make it public in any other way. It is solely for my understanding of the problem of scamming and the purpose of getting in touch with victims who might be interested in taking part in the documentary at a later stage.

I am looking forward to talking to you. You can send me a PM via this website or contact me directly at eva-at-evavanpelt.nl. If you feel a little apprehensive about contacting me you can always ask frumpy or Hula-Girl about my credentials. Hula-Girl was scammed almost two years ago and she wrote a wonderful diary about all her up’s and downs, I can recommend it if you haven’t already read it. You can find it here: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 11#p361511" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best regards,

Eva

JuliaMariana1
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby JuliaMariana1 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:20 pm

Hello everyone,
I´m a Journalist on a German TV Production. I am looking for German victims of romance scams who could imagine to talk about their experiences in an informative video which would appear on German Television. I can understand that it is a quiet sensitive subject, but if there are people interested in having a first non-binding conversation, where they can share their experiences and where I could give more information about us, please contact me (PM).

Thank you!
Julia

Return to “General discussion”