It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

If you were scammed, how many people did you tell?

If you want to know the opinion of our visitors, create your poll. Please don't submit scammers here!

How many people did you tell that you were scammed?

No one.
23%
Just 1 other person.
17%
My close family.
8%
Family and friends.
18%
I tell as many people as I can.
35%

Total votes: 211

SlapHappy

Bookmark and Share

Re: If you were scammed, how many people did you tell?

Postby SlapHappy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:53 pm

Many people do not understand how scammers are able to fool people, and all victims feel hurt and embarrassed after they realize what has happened to them. It's good if you have a friend or family member that you can trust to express your emotions to. This helps in your recovery process. If any victims here have no one to lean on, the members here are always ready to listen and help you cope. Please visit our Victim Support and Advice forum. You are never alone here. There, you can also lend a few kind and encouraging words to other members who are experiencing the same problems and feelings.
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Spectraman
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Spectraman » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:46 pm

I tell everone that will listen.

cmh
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby cmh » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:44 pm

..Because I consider myself very wise to the way the game is played, I did not tell anyone - And because the "relationship" was so serious and real to me (in which money was involved), once I realized what was happening/ had happened, I simply returned to work telling my peers that I got cold feet.
- just too embarassing ~ Agh! ..life..you live and you learn..and then realize you're never as smart as you think you are ~
Truth. I am still unsure if I will tell anyone yet. I told only a few people about the "relationship" to begin with and only that I had met someone and was talking to him. Nothing about how serious I felt about it or that I lost money because of it. I just didn't talk about this much to anyone...which is not a good thing because then you never know and if you have any doubts at all they are able to work around your objections with relative ease....as well as other emotional manipulation. Chapter closed on that, new one started in dealing with the fall-out

niktiony
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby niktiony » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:47 pm

So far, I have only told a friend that I have been the victim of a scam. But I think I will share my experience in this regard with anyone who needs help to help people in such a situation to understand how things really are. I would not share my experience with people who look superficially at these issues and people who tend to ridicule and consider the deceived to be stupid.

Return to “Voting polls”