It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

How many scammers contact you?

If you want to know the opinion of our visitors, create your poll. Please don't submit scammers here!

How many scammers contacted you on social networks and dating sites in the last year ?

2%
1-4
41%
5-10
22%
Up to 50.
21%
Must be more.
14%

Total votes: 95

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:41 am

How many people you met at social networks or dating sites turned out to be scammers in the last year?

Or even simpler: How many scammers contacted you on dating sites and social networks during the last year?
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

mdgposter
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: How many scammers contact you?

Postby mdgposter » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Hello FrumpyBB,
I have been messaged many more than 50 a year in the social networks or dating sites. I think I get that in a few days really. Im in the bottom category (presently 12%) . What can I say I am very popular in the social networks or dating sites. I get tons of messages from scammers on a daily basis. It really is to the point that practically anyone one that send me a message in the social networks or dating sites are scammers.

Just my two cents worth
mdgposter

geecee
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby geecee » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:08 pm

The scam contacts I receive are not uniform. At times there have been several writing at once, sometimes several weeks can pass before another scammer writes. Often one will write and very shortly thereafter, another will enter the picture. Had three on the go at the same time two weeks ago.
Oh well, will sit back, relax and wait for the next batch of scammers to write. :twisted: :mad:

m3harri
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby m3harri » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:14 pm

I get as many as 10 or more a day. Been using the same ID for long time.
3000+ a year, easily

mdgposter
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby mdgposter » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:52 pm

Hello m3harri,
wow that is quite sort of like my rate. I think I get more than 10 scam messages a day. I do not do this the whole year. I seem to do it for few months sometimes every six months then go back to life. I would like to mention that I think I get way more dangerous scammers and at higher percentage from penpal sites. How more dangerous? well penpals are more frequently putting different reply address than their from address. Seems more phishers and scripts designed to phish you and some malicious codes even in html come from people who discover your email address from penpal sites. Some codes are mimed clone of a social network message but are actually phishing email designed to steal your login information. Sorry it is not just the dating sites and social nets to look out for. Penpal sites are way more dangerous.

see you
mdgposter

crizzy18
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby crizzy18 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:18 am

Hi
im just new here , im from Philippine , i just receive a scam email recently..

Spectraman
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Spectraman » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:38 pm

This person just emailed me out of the blue. She is not part of a dating site not really sure how she got my email.

geecee
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby geecee » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:44 pm

Take care out there folks.... Have recently noticed a big increase in scammers making contact. They even make life a misery on classified advertisment sites. :( :-o

fooledoncemarc
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby fooledoncemarc » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:37 pm

I've had two at the same time. They told me they were Geologists. LOL. One was James Haan on Feb and the other was Marc Davids who was trying to get money from me. His story was he was on an oil rig. I think you all know the rest of the story.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Post their info :) That´s what a forum is all about :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

hemisphere
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby hemisphere » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:49 pm

I had been contacted by lot of scammers last year. Many of them came as military scammers, futher scammers of men models and also scammers with stolen pictures of white unknown men. They contacted me on badoo, meetme.com, english dating sites and other dating sites and social nets. I cancelled my membership on all with exeption of Wayn.com. I got from there for sure more than 100 scammers last year. I reported 75 scammers on daily basis to them...

I found out all the dating sites and socials nets are floaded with scammers and in spite of reporting them to the sites they do not bother and still make possible to sign in scammers again and again... Now I prefer to leave a comment in the form of warning for ladies under scammer´s profiles. Their reaction to that vary from case to case. I think it is very important to be aware of scammers and the best way is to make them known publicly and to reveal them.
Scams on dating sites grow rapidly and they are for scammers more easier then to write long mails type of next to kin, winning fake lotteries scam, ATM cards scam etc.

Very big thank you to this site and also other sites exposing scammers, all their staff, their effort, care and daily routine to keep people more informed on scammers. Thank you also for volunteers who help sites and also those all
who report them.

Return to “Voting polls”