It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Did you find your scammer listed here?

If you want to know the opinion of our visitors, create your poll. Please don't submit scammers here!

yes
66%
no
34%

Total votes: 144

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:16 am

SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

buttafly
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby buttafly » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:54 am

No. But when I got suspicious I started googling and found this site and hopefully the one i've posted (and ones i'll post in the future no doubt) will help some other person from getting hurt.

Kasee11
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Kasee11 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:10 am

I didnt find my scammer here either.. However I am glad I found this site and became educated to protect myslef, not just from scammers but also when I am on line and what information to put out there.. One thing that must be added.. there ARE some who are very educated and that adds to the difficulty of accepting that yours is a scammer. If you stick to the basics supplied here however they still hold true. Do not send money to anyone online that you can not absolutely verify yourself. Then and only then, you can use the embassy to send the money. If they are real, they will go to the embassy and be further verified to recieve money. I f ever I have a family member or friend abroad, this is what I have learned if help is needed.. The Canadian government will not leave any Canadian citizen stranded abroad and I would imagine the same goes for the American government.

Stuman
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

BOTH

Postby Stuman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:52 am

I found a few - mainly by looking at the photos, as they used different names with me than the name listed with the photo.

Additionally, I have been contacted by scammers not listed here, thus have added those scammers to the site.

gilraen
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby gilraen » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:41 am

I found the first one after I googled his email address (and I joined the forum :grin: ) and found my second one by watching the pictures. That was a shock to discover him on the list to be honest. :roll:

Columbo
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Columbo » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:29 pm

I have found a few ladies here who tried to play there scam games on me.

Want to Know the Truth
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Robotic Tractor Scammer

Postby Want to Know the Truth » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:53 pm

I found him here after too many mental questions and not enough answers. That was the first one. The second one (the only one I was foolish enough to send money to) I posted here for I found nothing about him but knew he was dummer than a load of rocks. I wasn't dumb, I was harrassed, lonely, vulnerable, and wanted the first one, whom I knew I didn't have. Perhaps this doesn't make sense, but it's the only way I know to explain it.
I'm recovering from major surgery now, much slower than anticipated, and it was brought on by stress, anxiety and depression. I was not/am not suicidal, but I didn't give a damn one way or the other. Thank God I got through that stage and I'm loving each day God gives me.
I'm 76 now and maybe I should just "forget it" but I still hope to find a friend and companion if God lets it happen. If not, I like myslf enough to "keep on trucking."
Hugs and thanks to all of you----I come here every day.

Aztec
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Aztec » Mon May 12, 2008 7:56 pm

Well I've not found them all...

KaKa has helped!

At this rate with the help/advice my site will be a scam free environment... A big goal to have but thats what we want.

Thank You! :grin:

carley
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby carley » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:17 pm

YES :cry:

Think that makes me mad is I came here looking last month but so many photos I gave up around page 30 :roll: I should have looked more as he was on page 86 :evil:

So keep looking and check all photos out as you never know. :thinking:

Wish I had looked more :cry:

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:09 pm

Didn't find my scammer, but I found a few wannabe's - they just came along a little too late.
Help us keep scammers stupid Post his details here to warn others, then walk away without explanation. Confrontation alerts scammers & makes them change their identities...which makes all your hard work outdated. It messes with their minds if they don't know why you walked away.

gypsy_gardener
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Didn't find mine

Postby gypsy_gardener » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:08 pm

I found the site AFTER being scammed. But since then, I now recognize scammers and have been approached by 3 more. I listed all of them on this site. Once I list their pictures, e-mail addresses I shut them off. It makes me physically sick to play games with them. I don't have the heart/nerve/stomache to bait. (Nor the time, I work 2 jobs to try and get caught up to where I was before sending $$ to the scammer scum-bucket!)

Thanks for all the information and education I have received on this site. I believe I have earned the diploma "Smell them a Mile Away" posted by another member here. :razz:

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:34 pm

I understand how you feel. It's not easy to get past the hurt and loss of a sense of your own power. And they also have disrupted your life in so many ways that only you will notice. I found that I was so distracted by the love and happiness that I still can't really remember what I did to entertain myself before my scammer came along. So I have all this time on my hands. And my sense of humour has returned so I will take the time and use the scammers to make myself laugh.

But first I had to heal, and this was the most wonderful place to do it. It's truly a caring community.

Just remember that this isn't your fault. It's not about how smart we are, it's about what kind loving people we are. And that's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm as close as a PM if you ever want to talk
Help us keep scammers stupid Post his details here to warn others, then walk away without explanation. Confrontation alerts scammers & makes them change their identities...which makes all your hard work outdated. It messes with their minds if they don't know why you walked away.

Mission_lady
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mission_lady » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:56 am

My scammer was not yet posted here, but am glad to be the one to do it so that he does not fool anyone else! All that matters is now that he is here, that name is banned from being able to scam again.

M.L.

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:58 am

Mission Lady, you were the one who saved me and brought me here. I was luckier than some because of you.

Gigs
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gigs » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:29 am

Hello Mission_lady . :smile: Yes we are very glad you & others post your Scamster's here ,..but the name can and most likey is still being used I'm very sorry to say :-( .... But you posting your Scamsters here helps others that may be in contact with him !!... if and when they google the email address . Then that will bring them here and they will see that the Scamster using the email addy was posted and know it is a scam !!! :grin:
NEVER EVER EVER SEND $ MONEY $ !

Finding Headers , http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 18&t=10910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Want to fight back, http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... f=18&t=484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=66" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Voting polls”