It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Are you still looking?

If you want to know the opinion of our visitors, create your poll. Please don't submit scammers here!

Are you still looking for your mate, or here performing a public service?

I'm still actively looking
85%
I still have active profile on relationship sites, but am in a relationship
4%
I've found my life partner, and do this as a service to others
11%

Total votes: 373

CindysMoths
Junior Poster
Location: far away from Nigeria (so my bad English sometimes)

Bookmark and Share

Postby CindysMoths » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:43 pm

I am still looking also...just don't know where....... :roll:

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

misspriss
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby misspriss » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:32 pm

I am probably going to continue looking for Mr Right on dating sites.

My career doesn't bring me into contact with very many single men, so I really have to open my horizons for meeting people. However, because I found ya'll I will never be drawn in by a scammer again. Good News for me...I never intended to send any of the scammers money and I did catch on early in each case, but one was very smooth with the lovin...I am now baiting for fun and hopefully to save the naive out there. I wish I had been able to google my first scammer and thus this site...so I will post all scammers I find! I hope it helps somebody! :smile:

ucantbserious
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby ucantbserious » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:35 am

I'm still looking but very leary of dating sites. A quick tally of those who contacted me showed 75% were scammers. I haven't lost money or private info due to my cautious nature when things don't add up but now I'm even more alert.

deyvid
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Still looking!

Postby deyvid » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:44 am

I `m still looking :love: .I `m still very young, But there is no hurry! 8-)

Anyway I`m glad that I can help other in not making any mistakes.

MRD864
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Am I Still Looking?

Postby MRD864 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:20 am

Yes, but with more caution than before.
I may be single, and sometimes lonely. But, for the Love of Pete, I am NOT DESPERATE for some $#@%&*! Scammers!!

milton06
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Yeah still looking here

Postby milton06 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:46 am

I am still looking but I have a high awareness now of what is out there. Luckily I was not scammed out of money...I caught it before it got that far. I baited to get the information that I needed to post on this site. What I find funny is that the guy who tried to scam me was on myspace. I don't meet anyone on there for relationships....just friends and it clearly states that on there. lol

WhiteOrchid
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Yeah still looking

Postby WhiteOrchid » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:08 am

I am still looking and still in a couple dating and friendship sites. I am a busy professional looking outside of my circle but boy after my first experience with a scammer........am I aware for what's out there! If I come across another one of those........this time I will bait and bring him to mama right here...........and hopefully help someone else avoid the heartache and the save some cash.

YEP still looking :love:
Painfully aware of a Scammer......but helping to fight back the Scumbags

Fixitman65
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Yes, Still Looking

Postby Fixitman65 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:44 pm

Still Looking, not very actively though, no one know what the future holds for anyone of us. I try to take everything at face value and trust in other people and what they say. I have been burned because of that trust, not by a scammer though, most of them aren't very bright. I still believe in the goodness of mankind, and will always bend over backwards when I can to try to help those who truly need help. We are commanded to “Do Unto Others as You Would Have Them Do Unto Youâ€Â

Shaman
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Shaman » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:02 am

Single and happily looking!
I have strict rules I adhere to when it comes to internet "meeting"
1. I dont do LD relationships. 25 miles or less!
2. Phone calls...No phone? No way!
3. I dont pressure to meet them, and when I do if they misrepresented themselves, or the chemistry is not there I thank them and will be a friend but let them know I'm still looking.
I have met 6 people in the last 2 months....I have 6 new friends!
It is true there must be some great people on this forum! Maybe a private board would be in order....

RT
44/M/S Indiana
Hehehe
The Hunted becomes the HUNTER!
"Hmmmm" no foolin" ?

Ann29
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ann29 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Yes - Im still looking - The internet though is really scaring me - Im starting to not trust anyone - Its kind of un-nerved me and I hate what these people are getting away with.

The first time was bad enough loosing £350.00 and Ive nearly got entangled again - I woke early hours of this morning and I had this niggling feeling about the mobile number I had for this scammer - so 5.30am I gets out of bed and opens up the computer. Well yes I was right his number was from Nigeria - He has even rung me tonight and declared his undying love for me - doesnt it make u want to vomit.

I hope I do get to meet a special guy that is not a nigerian scammer.
Take care all

MTBlackwoman
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Actively looking

Postby MTBlackwoman » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:28 pm

I am actively looking even if my mail box is infected by scammers mails!

I am romantic but not stupid.

" let your eyes see, your heart feel and your reason decide..."

itsmehere
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Still Believe in Love

Postby itsmehere » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:13 am

I'm still loooking but not to active, lol. I was scammed by an American Boy, :eek: how stupid am I. I'm a little leary now. Not too trusting either. :evil: Guess it could have been worse alot worse. :roll:

zeta1066
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby zeta1066 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:53 pm

I am still looking. I have met some great people through all the pain and BS I went through, so in retrospect, it was all worth it to meet some of the great people on this site, other internet contacts and people I met in Ukraine. No pain no gain.

I now have am writing a woman in Russia that came through a strange route that started with all of this. It may not end up anywhere, but I can say I met a great woman through all of this.

So take the BS and make ferterlizer out of it. Grow something good out of the waste material.

Z

nexrad23
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Thanks for information

Postby nexrad23 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:08 am

I have been dating since 2004, I have been on many sites and

found them to be very good scammers and finally burn, I am

a Christian person, would like to meet somebody in person,
online dating is a scam and should be regulated, money is more
important than people success stories,, I think I will never marry
because of all the hurt, emotions that occure with the 21 century
process, dating in the world is more of gamble than findinf your
soul mate.. I fell very fed up with online dating and need to forget
Nexrad23

Ralph Warner
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ralph Warner » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:25 am

I have been married for over 19 years and quite happily as well, a couple of years ago a friend was nearly scammed and as a result of websites like this one I was able to work out that it was a scam which saved my friend from the financial and emotional loss.

Since then I have done what I can to help others who have or will find themselves in the same situation as my friend did.

Somebody mentioned earlier in this thread that it is a nice feeling when you can prevent somebody from being scammed, too right it is ;)

I am not so active on this site but have been very active elsewhere but Romancescam has been a very valuable resource for me when proving to victims that there scammer is not the nice person they thought they were so well done to those involved for the work you do here :applause:

Return to “Voting polls”