It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Plenty of Fish - positive

Scam-related reviews of the dating and social networking sites. Only people with a 10+ postcount can post in this section.
brrilo
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby brrilo » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:41 am

I swore there was a review of this place here..oh well. I was wondering if anyone knows how bad it gets, if it's worth the bother, blah blah blah. I only saw a small amount of search results here in the discussions, so that's a good sign, right? :yawn:

I saw people (elsewhere) say it was better than the others, but trust comes easy when you've never been/seen a victim, so I'd rather hear it here.

I know this is a lazy post, but let me know if ya know anything.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:21 am

scammers are everywhere, and plentyoffish is not an exception. You just have to know how to spot them and you will be safe everywhere.

plentyoffish is better than others because they remove a lot of profiles and ban all Russia by IP. But they also remove a lot of real people whom they simply don't like for some reason. ;)

but the site is free, so you have nothing to lose.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Ziggy
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Plenty of Fish

Postby Ziggy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:59 pm

I recently signed up for POF and due to my previous encounter with a scammer and the information on sites like this I can usually tell when I am dealing with one but so far my overall experience of POF is positive. They do get rid of any suspect memebers.

Ziggy
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Plenty of Fish

Postby Ziggy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:06 pm

brrilo, I felt the same as you but please do not let these scammers dictate your life just keep your wits about you and if your unsure just block them. It is a painful way to learn but wisdom comes from experience.

Scammed 300
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Scammed 300 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:59 am

Thats right! I've been a member on Plentyoffish.com for a while, on and off, and was recently in contact with a scammer there. I added my info to this thread: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 2594#62594

Soltero
**BANNED**

Bookmark and Share

Postby Soltero » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:33 pm

To my opinion, Plenty Of fish, is "rather" good for a free dating site !!
Especially when you want to get into contact with women which live NOT in RU and UA. :grin:

End of my contribution here :lol:
Sit on a riverbank, relax and fish !!

duckhunter
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby duckhunter » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:49 pm

I find it fairly good too, as long as I stay only local. I've only ever found one profile that had me wondering....but I suspect this was a local person trying to cash in on the scam business.
Help us keep scammers stupid Post his details here to warn others, then walk away without explanation. Confrontation alerts scammers & makes them change their identities...which makes all your hard work outdated. It messes with their minds if they don't know why you walked away.

JollyRats
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby JollyRats » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:02 am

Been on POF for a couple of years. Met some really good people. A few I'm still friends with. I have been on Match, Yahoo, E-Harmoney, Elena's Models and Scann. As far as I am concerned POF is the best thing going.

JollyRats
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby JollyRats » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:03 am

BTW: I wonder if Mate-1, advertising above is aware that Amber 55 is actually Sydney Moon.....

brrilo
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby brrilo » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:15 pm

well, the last few comments on the thread are more like what I remembered seeing.. maybe I'll give the place another shot some day then. It's just strange that the free sites have better results, but OKC used to be like that as well.

I just seem to have settled on feeding off the negativity of the really bad site I was on and messing with scammers lately... not a good habit.
"Living well is the greatest revenge."

Almost_Fell
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Almost_Fell » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:39 pm

I'm on POF as well. I have not had any problems there. That's amazing to me especially since it is a free site.
Once burned, twice learned.

AU 4 U
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

'POF' (Plenty Of Fish)

Postby AU 4 U » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:20 pm

POF , HaHaHa, I went through the whole site that represented my city and found over 20% of the females pictures that were posted, were all over the Net. I used 'TinEye Reverse Image Search' as the search engine (free download).Most of the false pic's were in the 22-35 age range.

Contacting the owner of the site (Markus, AKA 'Big Fish') proved to be frustrating to say the least. He is not interested in the removal of these scam profiles, as if he was to remove them his client base would drop significantly and his revenues would drop due to the advertising ('HIT' or "Pages Viewed') would drop.

What can you expect for free anyways?

ucantbserious
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Plenty of Fish

Postby ucantbserious » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:00 am

I have been of Plenty of Fish for over a year now off and on and met some pretty interesting people. My experience has been very positive. Yes, I've had a FEW scammers try me but when I reported them they were immediately removed. A few on POF compared to non stop on match. I have recommended POF to several friends and I encourage you to give it a try. You still have to weed out the dishonest people and the cheaters but those folks are everywhere, including the pay sites.
Some days all I want to be is a missing person!

tooclever
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby tooclever » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:29 am

I've been on pof.com for a few months now. I was contacted by a scammer, but it took me a while to realise. Within 24 hours of letting Markus know, he had deleted him and even sent me an email confirming he had deleted him. After speaking to alot of people about pof.com I've had nothing but positive feedback. I think it's a pretty good site.

Sloane Ranger
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Sloane Ranger » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:10 pm

I am actually on POF. The really frustrating thing is that I can NEVER log on , so I am stuck on scamholes like Saymehi and DatemeMateme where I can at least log on.
The site says something about people not being able to log on because of security setting settings on their computers being too high. However I could not make head or tail of it though I tried. I can log on anywhere else.
Any ideas.

Return to “Dating and Social Networking Sites”