It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Please read: about "reviewers" in this section

Scam-related reviews of the dating and social networking sites. Only people with a 10+ postcount can post in this section.
Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:08 am

Recently, there has been a strange tendency: people come to this board (probably from google by googling their site's name), register, leave 1 post (usually a praise) and vanish. These people never participate in our scam discussions, don't expose scammers, don't show any knowledge of scams, or willingness to fight scams with us, yet jump in to post a good review about a site. Suspicious... :thinking:

I beg everybody to take such "reviews" with a grain of salt. If a poster has 1-2 postcount and is not a regular poster on this board, yet left a praise to some site, it clearly means he arrived here with the ONLY purpose: to leave such "review". Obviously, in most cases they are affilated with the site in question. Otherwise, they wouldn't even bother registering and posting. ;) Please, take into consideration only reviews left by our regular posters: the ones who expose scams with us and are here to do something more productive than simply leave a review on some site.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Re: Please read: about "reviewers" in this section

Postby wayne » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:10 pm

Absolutely. We say the posts are the opinions of the posters and not of the site. This is a perfect example of why we say it. Sometimes industry insiders try to make something look better than it is. It's not just here that it happens. Any site about any subject has it's share of "positive" reviews posted by less than objective people.

Return to “Dating and Social Networking Sites”