It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:04 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

freepersonals.ru and fdating.com

Scam-related reviews of the dating and social networking sites. Only people with a 10+ postcount can post in this section.
Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:06 am

Joined recently to check those out, here is my unbiased review.

The sites are NOT bad at all. I suspect both sites have the same owners, as the script is the same, they are interlinked and many profiles are on both sites (though a registration on one doesn't automatically transfer your profile to another).

Pros: the sites have a lot of real Russian women, especially in their 30s and 40's. The autmosphere on the sites is rather relaxed, just like on loveplanet.ru, which I DO recommend. Many not so young real Russian ladies are not afraid to flirt and make the first move. If you are somewhat attractive man you will get attention. And the sites are absolutely free.

Cons: there ARE scammers on both sites. Especially from Ukraine (translation scams). Though they are everywhere, aren't they? You will get few messages from scammers. But those are easy to spot. If a girl drops you her e-mail address in the very first message, especially in the hidden form like " at Rambler dot ru", this is a scam. Please, please don't reply!

Overall: the sites are probably not very suitable for baiting, unless you directly contact profiles with known scammy pictures. But if you are searching for a Russian woman, especially if you are a serious man, don't mind a woman closer to your age in her 30's-40's, and are not obsessed with finding a 20 year old beauty, you can give it a try. Definately better than all these scammy expensive marriage agencies.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Foxy
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: freepersonals.ru and fdating.com

Postby Foxy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:42 am

the sites are probably not very suitable for baiting
I have a baiting account there. I "met" many scammers from freepersonals.ru which i've posted here.

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:27 am

out of all girls that contacted me there (about 30) only 5 or 6 were scammers.

There are some Chinese scammers from Interlingvo, be careful with those. Do not reply to Chinese "girls".

the site DOES remove scammers after report though. I reported a girl with stolen pictues of a Russian singer Aziza, the next day her profile was disabled. Not bad.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm since one week in fdating.com. The whole week 0 users viewed your profile......Your new mail: 0
Thats not normal. Profile deleted.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:34 am

Do you have a picture? what age is your profile? my profile pictures 42 yo average looking American man (not fat, not bold, not ugly), and I get plenty of hits, winks and "hellos". I guess, this proves my point that most girls on the site are real, and are interested in good looking younger men. Our fat and ugly baiting profiles don't really interest them. ;)

Try amoureux or easyflirt. ;)

:D
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Postby IceFM » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:57 am

I've always a pic in my profiles... ;) ........age is in the middle of the 30s......blond with blue eyes..slim...what one so can get of the "pic market".... :D ....I don't make myself fat and ugly, atleast as Baiter I want to be sexy when it already doesn't work in real life.. :disagree: :) .....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

Marisa
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:17 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

maybe it's too good to be true??? they think you are a scammer!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

Return to “Dating and Social Networking Sites”