It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

NetLog is Full of Scammers

Scam-related reviews of the dating and social networking sites. Only people with a 10+ postcount can post in this section.
Beenconnedtoo
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Beenconnedtoo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:36 pm

netlog.com
I creted a Profile on netlog when msn started closing forums So I could remain in touch with friends I was told about netlog it was fine at first but I have had 6 guys in the last two months send messages :-o ,The guys are using stolen Photo's Im getting wise now every guy that contacts me I google their name & photo first lol Its terrible that we cant trust anyone to be genuine :thinking: ..But if you want to bait any scammers go to netlog lol

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Lioness1

Bookmark and Share

Re: NetLog is Full of Scammers

Postby Lioness1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:11 pm

Thank you for having post this about NetLog. All social sites are full of scammers.

But for our proof, it is needed to post following things:

Email addresses
Email headers
Text of the emails and if out of the chats
Posting pics if you have some
Money request?
And sometimes the small little things..., those you maybe thinking, they are not important.

And finally please stop any contact with them by email or phone. Never tell them your real identity.
Never tell the scammer that you posted on RS. They are criminals.

Thank you in advance for your afforts.

Beenconnedtoo
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Beenconnedtoo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:16 pm

Another one that contacted me off there I have actually found the real guy & I mailed him to ask if he & I were actually talking .obviously we had not but he is dealing with it he is in contact with netlog & told them some guy not only stole his photo's but also using his real name too only difference the guy had promoted himself to sgt lol so no point me passing johns info on .

Beenconnedtoo
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Beenconnedtoo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:37 pm

I dont think you can get the headers from gmail Because I suspected them to be fake I set up a gmail address so not to give my real email to them it was only after I had done so that I found you cant get headers from gmail so for future guys that I may suspect I have created a false hotmail address providing they dont use gmail again one guy gave me a yahoo email when he replied to gmail so my only other option would be to email him from my fake hotmail & hope he replies then I will post the header on here .

Beenconnedtoo
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Beenconnedtoo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:39 pm

If you wish I can paste links to their netlog profiles if it helps

Beenconnedtoo
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Beenconnedtoo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:21 pm

I did not exchange emails with the other two I did not reply to them on netlog I get fed up answering them lol :shock: I think I need to change my perfume :-o :silly: :mrgreen: I attract them like you would not believe :shock:

Lioness1

Bookmark and Share

Postby Lioness1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Thanks again for posting everything. So you know and RS, too. You did all in the best way, for sure. You know, I am still new here too, so I try to help as best as I can.

FrumpyBB and Slaphappy had their dear work with me....headers and post please...and....! Then it made a big "click" on my mind and....! Now, you can see the result! lol

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:58 pm

Beenconnedtoo, please (re)post scammers in i n d i v i d u a l topics :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:05 pm

^^ Number 3, Tony, has a home here now: :)

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 81#p234281" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

TICKED OFF
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Thank You....

Postby TICKED OFF » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:16 am

Dear Staff at RomanceScam,

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your site. I think of myself as a savvy person, but, had no idea there were ways to trace these people to their origins. I've spent time reading about the poor unfortunate people that have been scammed by these gangs of rats/vermin. These people have been emotionally rapped and robbed of their hard earned dollars/euros/pounds, my heart goes out to them. What a wonderful service you provide. Wish I had found this site earlier, I could have supplied information on many of the pictures you have on file.

I joined Netlog two years ago. Initially I was stunned and surprised by the message contents received also noticed while browsing there were several pictures of the same person with different names. My antenna (ears) perked up and my gut feelings took over - felt something not kosher about this. I've never used a picture in my profile to attract attention still the same types of messages came by the dozens as did requests for money. The first year I willingly gave out my e-mail address and chat line. I've refused to do so since May of this year. Dawned on me one day this was their way to avoid asking for money on Netlog as there would be no evidence of such a request on file. Didn't know about your site and the wonderful work you are doing to expose these low life criminals.

I've been blocked by Netlog on 4 occasions. Three because I sent them, on each of the 3 occasions, those form letters (estate/dormant account money letters) and they blocked me instead of the abuser of the form letter. Their response when I asked why was 'sorry for the misunderstanding'. The two other occasions the response was 'Your account is active.' It should never have been inactive or blocked in the first place if they were doing their job properly. I don't bother notifying Netlog any more. Third occasion happened quite recently where I called someone a Nigerian and pointed out to him his dreadful English and told him he was obviously not American and he should go back to school and learn proper English. Being from some other part of Africa he/she became upset with me and used the 'F' word several times including in no uncertain terms what he wished would happen to me and my family.

When I discovered Netlog had blocked me, again, I was furious. Sent them a note telling them what I thought of their site and how they protect scammers. Told them the name of the game was money, the more names they have the more they get from advertisers. I have no idea if this is true or not but I suspect they (Netlog) are in it for the money. I can't see any good reason now to think otherwise. When you can trace an IP address for these people and know where they are from in an instant. Also asked Netlog on one occasion why they allow multiple profiles, and listed three profiles wherein the parties had asked for money, their response to me was 'What can we do for you?" They re-instated me each time but I have no love for Netlog. They, in my opinion, are well aware of what's going on and are doing absolutely nothing to stop it and innocent people are being robbed of their money and the trauma of it all, when it is obvious they can dump these people in an instant by checking their IP addresses, as I learned from your site.

I have been dealing with these scammers in my own way. Generally telling them to find a 50 story building and take a flying leap and take all their cronies with them and wish them Happy Landing and blacklist them. They all ask for a chat line and e-mail address. My response now is "I don't do chat or e-mails" - they never respond. Occasionally the odd one will ask why and I say this is the perfect system (meaning Netlog) for two-way communication, end of story. I will quiz them up and down about where they say they are from. I also tell them I don't believe their far fetched stories. Also tell them how amazing it is that the only professions on Netlog are people in the oil/bridge building/import/export of cars/antique traders and yet none of you can write simple English, what a waste of education. Of course I realize now from your site I was making them better scammers by saying such things.

As I said, earlier, I've never actually used a picture of myself in my profile. I have two pictures I rotate, one of butterflies around flowers and the other is a lovely lightening strike over the CN Tower here in Toronto. Last May I added some picture of Dame Maggie Smith, the British actress, everyone tells me I look like her, I'm flattered, of course. Since these are all African's they have no idea who Dame Maggie Smith is, you need to be British/Canadian/American to know who she is. I also have two message on my system. One a blog I put up in May as follows:
Blog 1
'About Me'

Please read my message in the section 'More about me' while visiting my profile. You may also check the picture section, if you wish.

Thank you.

Una...

26 May 2012
0 comments
no rating

Una's interview

About me

Hi, I'm Una,

Thanks for stopping by, feel free to contact me - I don't bite ....

I never reply to messages left in friends request. If you want to contact me, please use the message system.

Proficiency in English a must - NO pidgin/patois English - nor do I speak French.

If you are a scammer/con artist you are wasting your time.

No military, and, especially those faking military.

No ladies, respect you, not interested.

I'm a serious, fun loving, female with a wonderful sense of humour. I don't use a picture in my profile, prefer to remain the Elusive Butterfly and away from prying eyes.

Una ...

This is how best I know how to deal with these people, they can't even be called people, scum is what I call them, the dregs of humanity. On joining Netlog I signed a fictitious name, chat line and e-mail address to protect myself, (I'm so glad I did). I have never ever given my real name, address, phone number or any other personal information to any of these scammers/con artists. I have met a few, the word is few, legitimate people on Netlog. We stay in constant contact and compare notes on the world of male/female scammers and Netlog in general.

I made it a ritual from about 3 days into joining Netlog when I sign on each day I first check new additions and new pictures so I'm well familiar with the faces and name changes on a daily basis even before they hit my site. Perhaps that is why I never entertain these people for long they don't like me asking questions and I respond by saying it's a woman's privilege to ask questions if you don't want to answer I say 'adieu'.

I'm not sure if I can be of any assistance to you as I plan never to give out my e-mail or chat line again to detestable vermin. And thank my lucky stars after reading your site I'm more determined. What a serious education that was on the evils of dating sites not just Netlog as I had thought.. And the glorious information on how to make ourselves tech savvy. I know this is extremely long winded and I don't know where to send it without cluttering up your site when you have more pressing matters to attend to.

Again, congratulations on your hard work and dedication - commendable. What a wonderful service you are offering and hopefully more people will find your site before it's too late. Pity it can't be cross reference with dating sites such as Netlog but only available for those with legitimate IP addresses. I expect Netlog would be out of business if that was the case.

Best wishes to all of you and keep up the good work. Amazing, amazing, amazing!!!!!! You are truly wonderful people.

Una ...

P.S. I've become aware recently, maybe you have to, of the blatant ones using the head of the picture they use to super impose it on a military uniform. Most are badly done and easy to detect but maybe that's only because I'm familiar with these people from seeing the same faces for two years running. Almost without fail there are several that have 3/4 new profile names on a daily basis on Netlog. Yes, those ludicrous ridiculous names that stand out like a sore thumb that in itself is a dead give away.

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Re: Thank You....

Postby Marisa » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:51 am

Welcome and thanks for your kind words.

Currently, netlog is probably the WORST site out there. 95% of male profiles are scammers and the remaining 5% are pervs and baiters. If I stay online there for 5 minutes, I get 5 messages from scammers: one per minute. There are all kind of scams: romance scams, Senegal openly spamming everybody's profiles, 419, Lottery scams, recovery scams. It is infested beyond repair.

This is definitely NOT a site to be on if you are seeking a friend or a partner. ONLY stay there if you are a scambaiter, like all members of Romancescam who post netlog scammers here. ;)
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:56 am

Oh, and I forgot to mention that netlog also places FAKE female profiles in a bulk. With pictures of adult models, etc... (used WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION, i.e. violating their copyrights). All these profiles have usernames typed in caps, upon registration about 20 of these profiles try to add you as a friend, and after that, about twice a week, 4-5 of these fake profiles keep trying to add you as a friend (even if you are a female). This is done automatically by netlog bot. So, not only they don't care about scammers, but also put up fake profiles themselves.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

TICKED OFF
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby TICKED OFF » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:30 pm

Thank you kindly for your reply. OMG, OMG, OMG the things I'm learning after two years. I will notify the couple of people that I'm in contact with and close my file. I'm not computer savvy and I don't know if I would know how to use the tools you provide to bait these dogs. I do see the constant name changes and the same pictures over and over again.

I'm so amazed and thankful to find your site. I was so embarrassed to write to you and explain my experience on Netlog. Thankfully nothing happened to me. I do appreciate your reply and information, although I don't understand it all, but enough of a scare to get me off Netlog. I have only two people left on Netlog that I talk to, for some reason never got around to using e-mails with them. They are genuine legitimate people. We have genuine conversations about music, football (soccer), everyday life.

I appreciate your response, I know how terrible busy you are and the wonderful service you are providing. I can't thank you enough for take your time to respond.

TICKED OFF
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby TICKED OFF » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:57 pm

I sent notes to the two people on Netlog. One I talk with almost daily, the other not as often. I'll await their response before I close my account.

As I was checking profiles, and since you go into Netlog yourself, one of those people that is well documented on your site and as contacted me numerous times in the past is on the profile now. Name: jamesmartin004 age 53. One of the people that is currently using a super imposed head on a 4 star military uniform with an American flag background. I don't check anyone's profile and when I do I do it via: en.netlog.com under a different site, leaving no trace, or at least I hope or hoped. Smiling... you could prove me wrong and the last laugh would be on me, right....

TICKED OFF
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby TICKED OFF » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:10 pm

I just notice this jamesmartin004 is currently the part of the discussion in your forum at the moment under the name of: David Young, dave_2011@live.com In my dealings with him he was a forceful rude ignorant pig... Pardon my French

Return to “Dating and Social Networking Sites”