It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Careful with Anastasiadate.com

Scam-related reviews of the dating and social networking sites. Only people with a 10+ postcount can post in this section.
Sacre
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Sacre » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:56 pm

I've been on this website for longer than I care to admit and for all the wrong reasons. After all, I never had any intentions of going to Eastern Europe to connect with these women whom I'm sure are looking for Mr. Right however over the months/years of being on here, spending money like an idiot, I start to notice some things but first let me clarify that I'm sure there are real women trying to find love or an escape to their situation which I'm totally fine with and just like any dating sites there will always be scammers/con artist or whatever label you want to place on these people on those type of site.

I've noticed that there are 2 types of people on Anastasiadate.com...

1st Type - The Greeter
This type are 9 times out of 10 ABSOLUTELY drop dead gorgeous which should be a red flag to people because no one this good looking is single. They are here to get you to chat with them, send photos or receive photos and video chat knowing full well that this all cost money. They are masters at it and in one sitting you can easily spend $100 just talking or video chatting with them and I call them the Greeters.

2nd Type - The Fakes
Now this one took me a little longer to realize and if I have to be honest with myself, I'd say I always had my suspicions from the very get go however I let beauty cloud my judgement. This type will send you a message with a free photo to look at however and I'm starting to see a lot of this, the photo is not the same as the other photos on her profile and as a matter of fact, I think some of these fakes are starting to include fake photos mixed in with the other photos on their profile to throw you off a bit. Either way, I've attached 2 photos for you to look at.

In the end, just like with any dating website, be careful, follow your gut feeling as it is usually right.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Sacre
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Careful with Anastasiadate.com

Postby Sacre » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:58 pm

How can I attach a photo? Sorry :oops:

JulieNP
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby JulieNP » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:42 pm

Sacre - hit post reply and then in the lower left hand corner you will see a message that says "attach image" click on that and upload.

Julie

Click on POST A REPLY ;
Click on *Add image to post* - on the bottom under the box;
Pop up screen will open :
BROWSE picture from your computer's folder ;highlight picture in blue;
click OPEN ;
the pop out screen will come back;
click UPLOAD... :)

Sacre
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Sacre » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:10 pm

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:15 pm

Sacre

Can you please post email address used as well as the copied profile. Thank you.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Sacre
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Sacre » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:38 pm

Ingulinka, this was just one example from dating site Anastasiadate.com where they do not give out emails however you can see that both photos are not the same person. I've come across lots of profiles like this.

Return to “Dating and Social Networking Sites”