It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Welcome to the Victim Support section.

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
lee.blackburn
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Welcome to the Victim Support section.

Postby lee.blackburn » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:44 pm

Hello,
I do not even know where to begin. I have been living an ongoing online dating nightmare since November. How do I start the healing process when I seem to be the magnet for every sex trafficking, scammer, fraud, and terrorist group out there. It was suggested by the FBI that I get on here after a huge mess on Facebook in February. Three reports later to the FBI on different complaints. I still have not manage to post anything on the women that have been after me for everything under the sun. I think now I am up to 10 women that I do need to post about. Only one of them managed to scam me out of money. Plus with all the screenshots of messages, emails, and texts I need to take it going to take forever. Most of them I have email addresses, phone numbers, screenshots of their profiles, pictures, and a video.
The only good thing is I am going back to college to get my masters in cyber crimes & cybersecurity management in the next week. That way I can help more victims of this ever-growing problem.
How do I begin my process?

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:52 am

lee.blackburn

Welcome to RS . We are very sorry that this happened to you too. Please know it does get better in time. All begins with a baby steps. Maybe information below will help you.

There are many romance scam victims that come here to learn and heal. I am also a romance scam victim. I know how devastating a romance scam encounter can be. I lived a horrific nightmare and lost lots of money. It was all about not knowing these crimes exist online, and I had no awareness of these crimes being online. I was trusting that websites would do background checks; at least that is how the websites I was involved at did. I now realize they were closed sites and not open to the internet public. Big difference there. Some people do not understand how a victim can fall to multiple online scammers. One day they might understand how that is done.

The scammer have victims well programmed, groomed to do his/her will. He/she fed your emotional emptiness and that is what led romance scams victims to fall for the attention and emotional bond that would fill the void in our lives. Victims will experience anticipation attacks because you were groomed to the scammer schedule, the hours the scammer worked into your daily routine; knocking you off schedule and depriving you of needed rest and family time. Scammers scripts vary but are similar in general.

When previous relationships fall void of the honeymoon attention and affection, the relationship begins to suffer, the couple drift apart, leaving no other solution than for a breakup; for others it is being a widow.
When we are communicating with a scammer we don't hold back about our life issues and downfalls. Scammers quickly pick up on our emotional void and loneliness so that is a cue for the scammer to groom the victim with online affection and promises the scammer knows will never come true. Scammers do not feel empathy, they don't fall in love nor do they become committed to the romance scam victims. Scammers only build illusions woven out of lies and elaborate illusions.

The romance scam victim is left hurt, ashamed, and devastated. The reason victims are romantic with the scammer is the scammer chooses the correct picture and profile to hide behind. Scammers know they do not fit the image a man or woman is seeking in a relationship; scammers use stolen photos to lure victims into a romance scam. The stolen photos are the most powerful visual tools scammers use to visually entice romance scam victims. With time, the loss of the dream, and the illusion, we will get better. We will learn to let go of the scammer and the scam as a whole.

After the scam; we learn to occupy the scammer hour away from the computer, keeping the computer turned off and enjoying activities away from the computer monitor and keyboard. We learn to de-program ourselves from the routine the scammer had us groomed, programmed or brainwashed.
Life does get easy, with appropriate help and support it can be done.

This might help you understand some of the “WHY's” you are asking yourself...
Scammer use psychology to get the victim under their manipulation and control with their excellent profiling skills, they know how, and when to place those skills into play to make the victim feel pity, dutiful, and guilt.
Yet we don’t see specific replies from the scammer addressing our questions, they do not address honestly in any emails, chats and IM responses. Their natural response is brb, because scammers do not have an answer and must turn to a more skilled scammer to divert the victim from the question. Victims misinterpret devotion from the online scammer; scammers feel no empathy toward the targeted victims.

We allow our emotions to fall prey to flattery, attention and manipulation created by the online scammer. Victims have built trust and confidence with the online scammer. At this level unknowingly, we are recruited to send money, cash checks, reship boxes and envelops without second thoughts. Finally, when the romance scam is over we are left not only broken hearted, emotionally, mentally, psychologically and financially devastated, we are also left facing arrest to federal felony charges for “helping” the love of our dreams, an illusion, a cyber-ghost.

Unfortunately for the victim, when we reach this stage the illusion is imbedded so deep into our mind, heart and soul, our emotions blinding our intellectual and logical understanding, and we begin to believe this is the exception to the rule; we ignore all the red flags. Not one scammer has turned out to be real, nor honestly in love with their victims. No matter how many hours they spend communicating with the victim; it was all a carefully orchestrated illusion of love, an online romances scam.

For the scammer it is business as usual and they continue their scam with multiple romance scam victims at one time. What the romance scam victim does not understand is while all this illusion is being built, the scammers’ routine is business as usual, not feeling emotional ties to any of the many online victims he/she is in contact with at that precise moment the scammer is in contact with you.

After the scam, for the victim it is not the death of the beloved we mourn, but the death of the dream, the illusion, the fantasy, and false hope that was nourished with love, a single-sided online affair or cyber relationship with belief it was a real relationship with a real person; not with an illusion. What we don’t understand and find it difficult to do is we must let go of the illusion along with the scammer and the stolen image of an innocent photo victim; or it will be emotionally destructive to the romance scam victim. Later we will learn we can raise new hope, faith, trust and our dream, but it will take time.

Some victims will come to the realization and acceptance of the fact we were scammed, but will continue to want the relationship with the scammer; leaving the victim to think the scammer is experiencing honest feelings towards the victim, which is exactly what the scammers want their online victims to think. The fact is the relationship never did exist. The online romance scam was all an illusion in the scammers’ mind of fantasy and fraud. Scammers don’t feel empathy nor love for anyone. They have no place in their daily business to be exclusive to any relationship; online or face-to-face.

After the victim loses not only the money, we are left feeling hurt, humiliated, angry and ashamed, with thoughts of dying or killing oneself. We then begin to isolate ourselves from family, work, and daily routines. We neglect to care for ourselves, we don’t bathe regularly, we don’t eat, our health begins to deteriorate, and it feels like life is over for us. And those are the intentions of the online scammer and the scam ring.

When we wake up from this nightmare feeling desperate, in a fog or daze, we begin to search for answers or help. We find that we are suffering from a traumatic abuse, or abuses the scammers lead us to experience. Without being present the abuse was all online on the phone, or chat, unseen, unheard of, not reported, there was no physical sign to prove the abuse; but it was deeply embedded into our heart, mind and soul.

The first thing learned in our personal healing journey is;
DENIAL; being in denial. Not want to accept being scammed. Not want to accept the ghost in the screen is an online scammer. Not want to believe, not accept that the online relationship was an Illusion, a ghost love affair. Not accepting the victim was the only person in love with the dream, the illusion, and the thought of hope.
GUILT; feeling guilty, what did I do wrong? It is my fault for the scam to end. I am stupid, a fool. Victims questioned why me? Why? How did I not know this was all an online scam? This is what the scammer has programmed onto their victims mind; to feel guilty. Not to blame the scammer for scamming the victim.
ENLIGHTENMENT; we learned the online abuse received from the scammer is not justified. We come to realize the scammer is a criminal, a thief, a terrorist, who has no empathy for human life. Many victims of this online crime had thought so many times if only? But those “Ifs” only were the aftermath of the psychological grooming the scam-ring had their targeted victims under; manipulation and control. We had to find a way to de-program ourselves from the scammer’s control.
RESPONSIBILITY; find a way to change ourselves. Victims can never change a scammer, that is their way of life and nothing will ever change a scammer. But victims can find how to change themselves. Here on RS victims find the tools and guidance to begin their personal healing journey. Victims will get over the scam experience as a whole, once the personal healing process begins.
Eventually; working your personal healing process and de-programming the scammer schedule and abuse, you’ll find full acceptance. Victims learn how to deal with financial responsibility and debtors. Learning a new way to manage and save our finances and manage our time to attend to financial issues and not ignore them.
When you learn to love you before any other person you do not search for anyone to feed your emotional emptiness because you do not hunger for it anymore.
I realized after the scam, if I can fall deeply in love with an “illusion” and gave it life, the instruments given to me by the scammer; I learned to turn those emotions to myself. I learned to love myself deeply. I moved forward, I brought new activity into my life, which led me to meet new people. I am happy with friendship, best friends for the time being.

Mending after the Scam:

Occupy:
Occupy your time, don’t sit idle. Do something. Idleness is the foundation of self-pity and depression. The best thing is to help others. It is a universal principle, when you begin to focus on helping others your personal problems are diminishing, one service at a time.
Gratify:
Write a list of things you like. Pick 3 things you want to do now. Make sure you can afford them, and they are not harmful. When our hearts are broken we often deprive ourselves of things we enjoy. Make an effort to place enjoyment back into your life.
Sanctify:
Do not return evil for evil. Do not wish something horrible on the other person. Hope for their good fortune in your spirit, it may release your good fortune in your world. To forget about someone, truly wish them well.
Glorify:
Life is not over. You can live without them. You can live happier. Even with the negative in in your world right now, there’s probably plenty to be thankful for. You can’t be thankful and sad at the same time.
Forgiveness:
When victims harbor bitterness and resentment they imprison themselves, they hold on to anger, and rage, they are like a vessel full of acid. Your anguish eats at you day after day, like acid disintegrating flesh. Not only did we suffer a cyber-abuse, we continue to be harmed by our own unwillingness to let go of the bitterness.

Getting even always makes you less than what you are. It is best to forgive and say good-bye. The love and pain you feel in your heart for the scammer will eventually turn to indifference and free your heart to give your love to someone else, someone deserving of your love. Allow the healing to unfold and comfortably wrap serenity around your mind, heart and soul.

It will take time; it is a work in progress at your own pace. There is never a time frame, just your personal healing in progress. Life will be better. You will be stronger, wiser, and knowledgeable, you will regain your control, and Empowerment.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

n2700023
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby n2700023 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:17 am

Dear all, I’m new here. Just got out from a romance scam last Friday, which started from March.com and lasted around two months. I losted over USD53K by several wire transfers. It was so hurtful and so broken-hearted when found the real innocent person’s pictures on FB using reverse image search tool. I literally wasn’t able to eat anything for the whole 24 hrs yesterday and no longer feel I’m a living body. The most difficult part for me really is to stop my affection to the person in the pictures that I thought I gradually got to know and built the close bond together. It was super devastated when seeing the real person’s pictures with his girlfriend. I do know what happened on me is totally none of his business and is irrelevant to him. I pray that I could stop to continually have the strong feelings and affection to the person of the pictures, after being a victim and hopefully later a survivor of the scam. I beg anyone of you please give me some advices to get me out of this unhealthy, toxic and insane illusion please. I still deeply feel the innocent man is supposed to be with me, as “he” said and promised me many many times. Please help, sisters :cry: :cry: :cry:

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:55 pm

n2700023

Welcome to RS. We are very truly sorry for the scam. We know exactly how you feel. Many of us here wore your shoes. Please know it does get better in time and one day you'll stop crying and feel like sun is shining for you again.

Please do not blame yourself and do not call yourself stupid. There is only one reason why you could call yourself this names , only if he announced he was a scammer and you gave him money....But this is not a case . You couldn't see it coming. Scammers are masters of illusion and masters of crime and their horrible stories are made to touch our hearts and drown emotionally and financially us down.

Please try from your whole heart to put the scam behind you. Do not think about what they told you. I am sorry but all those were lies just to defraud you . Save yourself from more headache. The stolen pictures may be abused by mamy , many gangs. Please be strong and stay with us not with the scammers.

Now what must you do?
First, do not confront the scammer with what you've discovered. It will do no good. He lies for a living. You will NEVER get truth from him.
Second, protect your personal information. Get a new email account and switch friends and family over to it, then close the one the scammer has. If this is not possible, block him entirely but beware that he will reinvent himself and try to come back to you.
The most important thing to do now is to cease ALL communications with your scammer.
Third, file IC3 complaint with FBI via link: https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx
Fourth, report absolutely all info, so no one will get hurt by them again. Make a separate post according to the sex an race and post: email addresses, phone numbers, money sending info, stolen photos, massages, fake documents.

Please BLOCK and IGNORE scammers. Be safe online and feel better.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Julia2016
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Julia2016 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:58 am

to n2700023
I am also sorry for what happened to you. It happened to almost all of us here so we perfectly know how you feel.
I was scammed two years ago, and reading the “Healing” and “Victim support” sections helped me a lot. By doing so, I found out where to start from and understood the whole mechanism about which I had no slightest idea before. I think that reading other victims’ stories and advice could help you to understand and make your situation a bit easier for you. I found there tons of really good advice and answers to all my questions, like “why me”, etc. However, I think that ceasing any communications and blocking these scammers immediately is the most important thing for you to do now. A wound can be healed only if we stop touching it, right? By doing so, a) you will protect yourself from being exposed to their further scams, b) you will be able to start “breathing”. Silence is the best reply to such scumbags. It took me some time to understand that a) the person in pics was not the one I was talking to, b) in fact, I was talking to an African scumbag (“mine” was from Ghana), c) I was emotionally attached to my own fantasy and the whole relationship was nothing else but the product of my imagination which the scammer successfully created in my mind, d) the person in pics had no idea about me and most probably about the fact that his pics were stolen by the African scumbags. The sooner you will understand and feel it, the quicker you will be able to separate - in your head and heart - the image of the person you thought you were talking to from the image of the real one (the gang-mafia of African rats) and … the quicker you will recover. As we all are different, it is hard to say now how long it takes to recover but ... you will. You don’t need to see the whole staircase now, just take the first step … I will keep fingers crossed for you …

sunshine4allseasons
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby sunshine4allseasons » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:19 pm

I am so very sorry for how all of us have been scammed. I have been reading a whole lot about this scam abuse, I had no idea it was this big until I started getting targeted myself and started researching this. I truly understand about how many of us are feeling. I feel very frustrated and upset at times. I have suffered for many years from a very similar type of abuse, this scamming abuse may be a branch shoot from this. I am talking about narcissistic abuse. From what I have been reading, I believe that only a narcissist could be this mean and crewel over and over again with no remoarse. There is wonderful information all over the internet to research on this subject. The advice given to walk away and leave the scammers alone is the same advice given to victims of narcissistic abuse, its called going no contact. This is truly difficult to recover from this type of abuse and invasion of our humanity. But slowly, step by step, we can get better.There are also narcissistic victim support groups, some are very good.I pray everyone gets the peace and love and everything they need to heal. God bless you all.

Reeda247
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Reeda247 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:46 am

This site is awesome and has been a tremendous help for me, I outted my scammer from the start before I even realized I was being scammed. I kept picking holes in everything he said to me and pointing it out much to his dismay. When he tried to convince me he was right, I would tell him where he was wrong and then I would show him proof and he would get angry. I'm a person who doesn't care how mad you get, I'm going to tell you like it is. While he didn't get money from me (because I wasn't satisfied with the proof he provided me with,) my 2yr old could of done better lol!!, He unfortunately got a couple of semi nude pics of me and then tried to blackmail me but to no avail because when he did that I immediately told all my Facebook friends what to expect, and why it happened and to delete them and not make a big deal out of it. They all supported me and sent their love, this went on well into the night and through to the next day, I never felt so loved in all my life. And yes I confessed everything to my man. Fortunately he took it well and was jealous he didn't get to see the photos, to which I replied "Don't worry babe you have them and can see them whenever you like lol!!! I decided to tell everybody because I'd rather look like a fool to my friends and family. Than that swine. By the time he went to send the photos it was too late because I managed to locate the archives album before he did and deleted them all permanently. Even the link he tried to set in Google to the archives album did not work (I tried it, to make sure), See I took the power out of his hands and put it back in mine.
Please let me encourage people in this situation by saying this: If your gut tells you something isn't right, then please listen to it, because your instincts are seldom wrong. and do your research just to make sure what you are being told is right. My mum always use to say this to me when I was growing up "Don't just think you know, make sure that you know that you know that you know, because if you get it wrong, you'll get a dong lol!!!

Nutter18
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Nutter18 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:59 pm

Hello,
I am new to this site and I am so unfortunate not to have discovered it 2 and half months ago. I think I was scammed. I don't know if I am still in denial. I just did the steps that you had in checking if the person is a scammer. I ran his email and it did pull a similar last name but not the name he used in one of the scam sites. The last name is common - Harrison. I also did the image scan and nothing came up. I did the profile search and something did come up. I don't know he gave me his real pictures because I did some video calls with him and the images are the same. But I was supposed to meet him yesterday and he never showed, I guess I was scammed.
I'm know the site doesn't offer counselling but are there sites you could recommend or steps I could take. I am afraid I will fall into depression.
Thanks

Anton018
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Anton018 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:19 pm

Hello, I’ve just discovered this part of the site and feel it important to engage here.
I was experimenting for the first time with a dating site. I had become lonely awaiting a small operation to remove my Gall Bladder. Plus experiencing low physical energy, so doing something online, with my iPhone seemed sensible plus I may make some good friends according to all the hype about online dating.

I had been invited to use Google Hangouts by a member. After awhile it seems my email address had become available to others. I was new to messaging through this App, and didn’t understand when random people starting inviting me to chat that I hadn’t invited them.

A person using ‘Karen Dreams‘ (I much later found) photos began an intense conversation with me. It followed the pattern which has been described here. I suspected from the beginning that these huge posts she was sending must have been copied and pasted. I grabbed a few lines and put them into Google and found they were romance literature, quite deep and engaging.

I thought to tell the woman who is 33 supposedly, living in Ghana, that I could tell she was overwhelming me with stuff she’d taken from online poets. It was the beginning of a Psychological weakening, and dependence upon the stimulation she gave me.
I was weak, mainly in bed probably 4 days a week, and everything she said in reply to anything I said was exactly what I wanted to hear.
I became very close. She needed to finish some exams to get her RN in nursing. I paid for this, plus her Visa and passport to Australia. She convinced me we were engaged, she was coming to Australia. She even produced a letter from a major hospital in my city saying her Visa entitled her to wirk there and it was approved. Plus photo of the passport and visa which looked real, especially the visa which I checked had appropriate numbers to work, etc..

There was a request for a smartphone, as she had lost hers. I investigated all I could about everything she claimed, but it all was plausible. A woman born in Australia wanting to take her finishing exams to become a Registered Nurse, and to come home, and settle with me.

I was completely honest to her about my condition. She showed each day meals she had cooked for her Mother, sister and Sister’s child explaining she would look after me well when together.
It seemed I was sending money through MoneyGram, Western Union, which had sporadic success rate getting through to Ghana. One day after sending money through Western Union a representative rang me and basically told me the transaction would be cancelled as they believed it was a Romance Scam.

It’s helpful for me to talk about all this, I’m sorry if it’s long winded.

Eventually once I had been banned through all money transfer companies available the woman came up with a way were I would send gift cards through a Ghana Supermarket. I had been filling orders for food for her beforehand. She told me she would sell some of it at a great profit, to neighbors! She actually wanted to set up a shop, her mother owned a small building, so she said.
I declined, was very, very sceptical at this point. We finally bought her ticket to come to Australia.
It was expensive. However it’s a two day flight from Accra, Ghanna.
All through this relationship I called her out as ripping me off. She said she loved me, could not live without me. We were using WhatsApp by this stage, occasionally phone calls, where was almost impossible to hear. I was almost daily deleting WhatsApp saying I’d had enough. I didn’t want to marry or live with her.
I had become hyptnotised. She would email she was online, I would download the App, and we would chat all day again. She explained I would be a fool to pull out of the plan after spending so much money. And why would I have spent all that money, spent so much time online with her if I didn’t live her too. I was being pulled in two by my common sense, and a strong attraction to the woman. A need to finish what I had started, and to help her all I could.
In the end after spending approximately $10k USD I really expressed my hatred to her. She would not stop coming up with requests fir more money!!
I broke away, but also toyed with getting back together.
We had spoke online for six minths. I had supposedly heloed her pay for her exams, visa, passport, food, and Airline ticket. She wanted $3,000 more to have a wedding, in my absence which was the last straw. She promised also she would pay me back. I spoke via email to family lawyer who vouched for her. It was so well thought out. I was so stupud.
I managed to scare her off with threats of going to Australian Federal Police, getting her passport cancelled. A horrible nightmare which went on iver six months. It’s been a few months now since it ended. Thanks for letting me share my story. It c an seem very real, legitimate, and right. While feeling totally wrong.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:54 am

We are very sorry for the scam. Please stop it immediately because it will get even worse. BLOCK THEM AND IGNORE.
Ghanaian mafia will never go away on it's own, but by know they learned how to play you and will eventually hurt you even more.
It's very hard to break the bad news to you but there is no woman in this gang. The youngest boy with highest voice pitch is playing a role of a girl. We know for sure that particularly in Ghana women are not allowed to enter internet cafes. They didn't get scared of you, they couldn't care less if you threaten them. Ghanaian scammers sit in cafes and never did or will set a food aside of Ghana. It takes long 5 years to get a travel visa and it's extreme vetting for those who apply. There is no way scammers will travel easily abroad. Right now they letting you to cool down a bit and will be back, so please BLOCK.

Please report crime to the FBI: https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Kindly post: fake profile, email addresses, phone numbers, all Ghanaian names, money request info and all other info you can. I am sorry that we can't save you but at least maybe others won't be hurt by this gang.
Thank you for posting and feel better.

Anton018
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Anton018 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:42 am

I have posted details: phone numbers, email address, home addresses for money transfers and more.

I understand from similar advances, with a similar format that these people are Mafia, no woman in site. Have blocked all their phone numbers, and also deleted email addresses used to communicate with them.
If anyone ever contacts wanting to be a penpal from Ghana, I would immediately block them. Also Ukraine, Russia. It’s all very sad, and not as anyone could believe people were able to behave. Very sad desperate people are out there wanting whatever they can get. Trust No One!!

I have moved forward, realising the Internet is not a place to be finding friends, except the ones I already have :)
All the best to everyone

Anton018
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Anton018 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:47 am

Once I got to hospital I was able to get counselling from professional. I had Gall Bladder surgery; broke ties with all spammers; deleted any email accounts attracting unwanted mail.
I am feeling the process regarding myself is done. I do have further names, Addresses, photos which I could post. Once I started online dating a deluge of who I call “idiots” started asking for money. I believe because am a mature male from wealthy Country I will be spammed/scammed no matter.
*A sad and important fact: many women believe they will be rescued from their circumstances by contacting such a male. But yes I guess they do want money only, most definitely. If a woman states in her profile she wants to be: Friends, seeking marriage if man up to 80 years old, it’s a giveaway that they want money.
** please excuse me ranting on, I have invested so much time in all this,...

I wonder if it’s maybe a waste of time adding to the already huge list of ‘Karen Dreams’ posts, as the scammers would certainly change their details once they realise scam is done.
Am more than happy to add to database further. I have reported the two worst offenders. Should I continue adding people? I feel a bit uncomfortable posting pictures of innocent people who have had their photos stolen.

This is an excerpt from conversation on WhatsApp messenger - (phone numbers have been listed here in my posts).
As you can see I am furious with the scammer. Please realise this is over 3 months ago. I have completely disengaged with this gang. Plus forgiven them for being unlucky, Souless, humans.
Going through stuff and deleting it. It has been reported to authorities in Australia. I don’t want it hanging about.

Skyborg667
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Skyborg667 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:47 am

Hello I am new to the site and I too was taking by a romance scammer that I recently located on your site I was shocked to see the picture ,at first I did not think much of it until start asking for money for food, flight tickets, kid medical bills this person hit me up for alot of money the real clincher was when she ask me to send moneygrams to Lagos nigeria and after I started realizing what was going on I stop communicating it was to late by then cause she took me to the bank and I do feel betrayed, hurt and I am a decent honest hardworking person and never stole from any one and for this to happen I was angry, sad and all I could think about was the money I lost and I thank romance scams for making it possible for me to finally see the truth on this person and save someone the misery .thank you so much Stephanie

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:16 am

Welcome to RS :) thanks for the post. Feel free to post your scammer too in the treat. ;)
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

Woodsman
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Woodsman » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:13 pm

ladibyrd

Before I went and bought Amazon cards for that scammer I knew there was a chance that the person was possibly a scammer .My own thoughts were "probably a psychopath". But on the off chance that the person was a good woman in a bad situation who really did have feelings for me .I did the stupid thing .Even after the requests for more money and catching being told more lies, I was a moth to a flame and I knew it.
So I did my best to burn that bridge.I said some nasty things that normally I wouldnt say to anyone.I dont speak that way and I dont think that way.
The very next night on the way home from work I got txts from another person claiming to have gotten my number from the same site .Sending me pictures that after Google image search them, I found them on a photo sharing website .
Im sure my number was passed around.

Scammers are either bad people or people under the influence of bad people

I think never talking to them again is the best choice

Return to “Support and Advice.”