It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:03 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

The Healing Process

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
wayne

Bookmark and Share

Re: The Healing Process

Postby wayne » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:53 am

Sunnyvale is Yahoo's office location. Can you try again, and post the entire header into http://headertool.apelord.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to find the location. You can ignore Sunnyvale this time.

Also, the best place to post questions about the scammer is in the thread about him. It'll get noticed a lot more, and you'll get more help that way.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

arnie
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby arnie » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:18 am

wayne,
thank you for the informations that you had,i just made a researched of the IP NUMBER
IP number: 41.184.19.126
location* NG NG NIGERIA
thanks,...arnie

Disbelief73
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Disbelief73 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:25 am

I too was scammed emotionally but not financially. I miss this ghost that I got to know and fell for. I too look at the photos and feel sad and lonely all over again. All the plans that were made that werent real. I had waited 8 years until I was ready to start dating again and the first time I try its a scammer, it so disheartening. I know there are good men out there but at the moment its really hard to find where they are.. :heartbroken:

Arabian Nights
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Arabian Nights » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:56 am

Welcome disbelief :)
Here is a link that may help you thru what you experience

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 22&t=18555" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so many of us have the understanding and experience that you now find, take your time, please read as much as possible and enjoy the link :)
Have you GOOGLED today!
POST UP: Site, Profile, Pic, Name, IP, Phone before it is deleted

redrosegirl
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby redrosegirl » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi, I am a newbie, and i believe, that I was scammed, and I came across this site, and I am glad. I am from Canada, I believe that I am a victim and I need support and healing now. I was scammed 2, 550.00 USD. and It was too late. I should have listen to my intincts, I really thought this guy was real, but I knew something was wrong after.

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:20 pm

I'm sorry you didn't find us sooner but glad you're here now. Spend some time with us reading what others have written and you will soon fully understand. We all support each other. That will help the most.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

yumcakes
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby yumcakes » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:00 pm

Hello everyone...I just spent a while reading through the posts on this thread and I could have written most of them myself. I posted my story on Friday under White African Male Scammers: Andrew Trid.

Like many of you ladies ( and gents ) I feel like and emotional train wreck. It all happened in short 8 weeks. 8 weeks is all it took and I got hooked early. As the saying goes: Been f*cked without being kissed. Sorry if that offends but that sums up how I am feeling.

This is a wonderful site, I am happy that I found it. I have been feeling wretched today and poured out my wretchedness in another thread in reply to crescentmoons wonderful survivor story. Now I am going to do something positive and that is run a bath, pour in some scented oil and read a book!
Tomorrow I will get back to work and mentally programme my mind with positive thoughts....e.g the fact that I have two gorgeous teenage children who are wonderful and supportive and who now know about the scammer, my fantastic sister who has been there for me emotionally and financially and who does not judge me, my thriving successful business which my dear sister and I have built up from nothing in seven short years and many, many, more reasons to be alive and to get over this gut wrenching episode of being scammed!

I know I am far from over this but I will get over it! I will be a SURVIVOR and not a victim! :)

To all of the moderators on this site, I commend you, please keep up the good work. Although I have lost £1000s today I am going to click through and donate to this site via paypal. You are providing a great and worthy support service.

Yumcakes
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly !!

Crescentmoon
Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Crescentmoon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:05 pm

Yumcakes,

YES! You will survive this! It just takes time to process and grieve. It will get better if you want it to you. That is one thing I know for sure.

You are not alone now and many good people are here to support you in your healing journey.

yumcakes
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby yumcakes » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Hi Crescentmoon, I just sent you a PM....
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly !!

Mals
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Mals » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:16 am

Well done, yumcakes, for pulling back into positivity so quickly... once you start down that positive road, things all start to fit into place and healing takes place, and it sounds like you're on a great track to it... best of luck to you :)
"Anyone who thinks they're too small to make a difference has not spent the night with a mosquito" - (Anita Roddick).

Ajila
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ajila » Tue May 04, 2010 7:40 pm

Crap happens and we learn lessons. I am not dumb, stupid or a fool because I fell for a scam. I think things happen for a reason and I just learned a valuable lesson. Now I can hopefully help others learn before they lose their hearts and money to these creeps.

No way am I losing sleep over being duped. I will not whine or mourn..I will get proactive instead. If you do grieve it is OK. Just do not let it rule your life. Never give these scammers that much power over you.

happytohelp
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby happytohelp » Thu May 20, 2010 8:21 pm

Its only been a few days since i realised I had been scammed, and am finding it really hard to get back to normality.
Not been able to talk to anyone about what has happended because I feel so ashamed.
I know things will get better in time, but for the current time just want to stay out of peoples way and don't think I will ever trust or believe anyone again.
The financial part of it is hard but I know I will survive but its the mental and emotional part of the scam that has knocked me for six. I just hope that in a years I to will be able to look back at this, as a distant memory.

Pinky
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pinky » Fri May 21, 2010 3:57 am

I don't think it will take years, Happy. The shame part that embarrasses you to talk about this with people who love you, comes from blaming yourself. You still think you are to blame and you did something bad. That will go away as you realize that you didn't ask for this, you did nothing wrong. You were just naive and in the wrong place at the wrong time, just like if you were sleeping while a burglar came in and robbed your home. You might feel a little embarrassed if you forgot to lock your door, but being scammed could equate better to not having a state of the art alarm system in place.

My advice is to tell someone you know loves you and won't judge or berate you; somebody who'll let you cry.
If your question isn't answered in the FAQ, please message a green Moderator or red Admin. We need to know.

zetaarnold
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby zetaarnold » Fri May 21, 2010 7:08 pm

Hello happytohelp:
My advice is to tell someone you know loves you and won't judge or berate you; somebody who'll let you cry.
Just follow Pinky's advice. It is a hard time and you need to have the support of people who loves you. By experience, I received an extraordinary one when I asked for. Take care and pampering yourself.
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark..." Shakespeare

digitalove
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby digitalove » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:52 pm

hello everyone...

is there anyway to stop me from being so paranoid?

thanks to Pinky, i was finally able to detach myself from the horrible horror. it's been 2 days since his group tried to blackmail me. but after that incident, the paranoia started. i couldn't sleep well. i can't concentrate fully on work. and everytime my phone rings, i don't feel like answering it. what if it's him who called?

i have deleted my email account that i was using to communicate with him. i even changed my name on all social network site that i joined. what if he comes to indonesia? he knows my full name and address. and he lives in malaysia, only 1 hour flight. flight ticket is quite affordable too with budget airlines.

if he's in africa, in the jungle where he really belongs, i wouldn't be so paranoid like now :(

Return to “Support and Advice.”