It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

No one here is stupid!

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
Blind & Stupid
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: No one here is stupid!

Postby Blind & Stupid » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:19 pm

I agree no one here is stupid but that's exactly how I feel ABOUT MYSELF...I know I shouldn't but I do.
I was so desperate for love that I allowed myself to be romance scammed 4 TIMES and all in the space of 9 WEEKS
but I like to think of myself as reasonably intelligent, I had my doubts at the start of every scam - these guys are incredibly HOT so what on earth would they want with an old, fat, ugly bird like me? My heart wouldn't listen to my common sense because it HOPED I could be worthy of being loved by these men.
Fortunately I didn't part with any money (mainly due to not having any, I told them numerous times I'm UNEMPLOYED but either they didn't understand what unemployed meant or they didn't care) - which ranged from a $25 gift card all the way up to $3000 - but I did give my heart to a photo of 3 men who are way out of my solar system never mind league, 3 men I know wouldn't look once at me let alone twice, 3 men I could never be worthy of and that really hurts

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Deleted User 102800

Bookmark and Share

Postby Deleted User 102800 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:49 am

I feel stupid and I know I am not. I left my scammer for 3rd time December 20 2020. I can still hear her voice putting me down all the time. Complaining I made her look bad when money didn't arrive on time or I didnt do enough for her. Yet there were times she sounded so normal. I underwent major surgery 8 months ago for a congenital heart defect I was born with. I nearly lost my life during the surgery. I stopped all addictive behavior after surgery. The real push to leave this scammer for good was my health. I landed up in ER with pneumonia and stress. I have bad lung damage from having a defective mitral valve all my life. The only thing keeping me going is my health routine. I cant afford to sit around depressed because if I do I will not take my meds and follow my strict diet. Im on blood thinners for life and other meds to keep my heart going and I follow a very strict diet Im so angry at myself for falling for this. I never thought this would happen to me. This was my first relationship at age 36. There was lots of emotional abuse and I did a lot of stuff I am ashamed of. Im not sure I can forgive and forget so easily. One thing for sure I am not going into any relationship for 2 years. I called my scammer names and was emotionally abusive. I have never ever done that in my life. Im so appalled at my behavior. Im scared im gonna act that way with someone else.

ButterflyCrescent92
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby ButterflyCrescent92 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:54 pm

I agree no one here is stupid but that's exactly how I feel ABOUT MYSELF...I know I shouldn't but I do.
I was so desperate for love that I allowed myself to be romance scammed 4 TIMES and all in the space of 9 WEEKS
but I like to think of myself as reasonably intelligent, I had my doubts at the start of every scam - these guys are incredibly HOT so what on earth would they want with an old, fat, ugly bird like me? My heart wouldn't listen to my common sense because it HOPED I could be worthy of being loved by these men.
Fortunately I didn't part with any money (mainly due to not having any, I told them numerous times I'm UNEMPLOYED but either they didn't understand what unemployed meant or they didn't care) - which ranged from a $25 gift card all the way up to $3000 - but I did give my heart to a photo of 3 men who are way out of my solar system never mind league, 3 men I know wouldn't look once at me let alone twice, 3 men I could never be worthy of and that really hurts
You must remember that those men in the photos are also victim of identity theft. The scammer doesn't actually look like the person in the picture. For all you know, the scammer is probaby uglier in real life. Looks don't matter because of their evil hearts. We all have needs, and you just want to be loved. The attention these scammers were giving you made you feel wanted. Sadly, they take advantage of your weakness.

As for me, I can't believe I fell for it myself. Usually, I'm smarter than this. I'm better than this, yet I fell for their lies. I was hard on myself and I had beaten myself up over it. While I didn't send any money, I had sent the scammer nude photos of me with my face. I also sent pictures of my private parts. I know it's wrong and it's something I shouldn't have done, but it's too late now. The scammer I was talking to threatened to leak those nudes. Fortunately, I can't find it anywhere else.

All of us shouldn't be too hard on ourselves. The victims usually are the ones who are hard on themselves.

Return to “Support and Advice.”