It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

What the REAL owners of the pictures say

Emotional Support, Compassionate Friends
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:17 am

##################################
Over the years we have talked to a remarkable number of people who are the real persons that are shown in the photos and videos stolen and abused by a mass of Nigerian and Russian scammers. Due to the nature of a forum, they are scattered across the board and hard to find now. Following an impromptu idea from this evening, I´m going to collect these posts here, everybody feel free to help me add them here as you find them, to give new readers and victims a little bit of insight what the real people in the pictures think of scammers, and of victims looking for them.

This is mainly to illustrate why we discourage looking for and contacting the real persons in the pictures. Just besides you might also get an idea of the victim- and non-rulereader-caused complaints we get to deal with. More than that, however, I´d like this to demonstrate that identity theft victims are victims of these Nigerian scammers as much as you are, and I hope this (again, hard-to-swallow) drop of medicine might help you readers on your way out of the scam.

Some are not the people but their wives, or close relatives, and in case of models, their responsible site admins.
All of these people have been verified as real, and not scammers - yet please do not contact them, they have all had their fair share of trouble to bear from Nigerian scammers themselves.

Highlighting was done by me. The rest is quoted from their actual forum posts, verbatim. F.

###################################
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: Voices of the REAL owners of the pics

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:19 am

Sgt. Thomas F. Williams

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:45 am
I'm Thomas Williams and this def isn't me. Pics taken off the web from some army competition I did 2 yrs ago. Sorry if anyone is ever hurt in anyway by this person/people. I'll contact POF and lay down the law. Also, please don't search my name and call the numbers you find. Someone called my parents house at after midnight. Thx

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:35 pm
Now someone called me at work! How do you people get my numbers? I'm not on POF. I'm not on ANY dating site!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop calling me! You calling me is as bad as what the scammers do. If someone with poor grammer or spelling is contacting you, they probably are not a college educated individual such as myself. You should avoid morons to begin with. Furthermore, Soldiers wouldn't/shouldn't try and con people so that should be a red flag as well. Now I've coached you so you can stop calling me.

The real,
Sgt. Thomas Williams
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:22 am

Michael

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:03 am
Hi All,

This may be hard to believe, but it is MY pictures that were hacked from my personal facebook page. Pictures of myself and my family that were sent to you from these Nigerians to scam you out of money. While I understand your discussions are important to alert others to not be scammed by this same person/s, Please refrain from posting the pictures that these Nigerians sent to you on this website. These pictures were on my private facebook page and were not intended for others (those who are not friends) to be able to search for and view. I can prove to everyone on these thread individually that I am who I say I am (the guy in the pictures) and I ask you to PLEASE not post anymore pictures of me and my family on these thread and while it is important for you all to discuss these scam artists in Nigeria who is using my pictures, it is also important to respect my family's privacy as well. I have since deactivated my facebook account once this thread was brought to my attention.

Once again, I can prove to you all that I am in fact the person in the pictures and that I did not speak to any of you regarding these matters. My pictures were stolen and the scammers approached you with them.

I am willing to speak to each of you individually to let you know that it was not me (the guy in the pictures) who you talked to online. I have created an email address xxx. Please contact me directly on that email address if you would like to me. I will provide you with all the information you need to prove I am me.

Please do not post more pictures of me or my family on here.

Thank You,

Michael

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:28 am

Cpt. Cecil W.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:37 pm
Hello! This is my husband....... I felt the need to comment to what I have seen on all these postings. The man you have photos of and are discussing is my husband, C.W. I have seen that a woman went on dates with the man in the photo. I have been married to this man since July 2010. I guess I am trying to figure this out.

Is there another man using my husbands photos scamming women, or have women actually met the man in the photo and he is lying regarding his name and story? I would appreciate any information.. I could clear a lot of this up for everyone.

Thank you.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:49 pm
Thank you everyone. I will clarify that my husband is in the military, is an officer and is currently deployed. He has had email encounters from women that have tracked him down. So has his father since they have the same name. I guess what I want to clear up is that the man in the photos is my husband and is not and never has scammed anyone for money. So please, if you see this photo do not believe what he says. He does not have any children, has never lived in the places mentioned, has never been on a long term overseas contract. His name is Cecil Wolberton and he is an US Army service member. Not Canadian or any other country. I hope I can help clear this up. Thank you all.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:10 am
Pinky, I lived with the man in the photos and we are legally married. I have photos to prove. I am just trying to clear his name. If you google my name you will see us together. I kept a blog about our adventures together. No offense taken. I know this man, I took vows face to face with this man. He does have a profile on FB but it won't say we are married. Also I took some of these photos. :)

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:32 am

Lt. Col. Gordon Hannett

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:15 am
Wow! What an interesting website. A co-worker of mine shared the link with me this afternoon. I've known that my pictures were being used by scammers since April 2009 when I created a Facebook account. The criminals got hold of the photos by downloading them from the Webshots website. I posted several dozen photos there in 2005 and 2006 when I was deployed to Iraq with the US Army (I'm still on active-duty with the Army, but not in Iraq). I thought it was a good way for my family to see what I was up to during my deployment. I didn't realize that anyone in the world could download my pictures. Live and learn I guess. After hearing from several women on Facebook that my pictures were being used by scammers, I reported the matter to the Roanoke, Virginia office of the FBI. Special Agent Gillis was handling the case. She said there wasn't much they could do since the bad guys were probably in Africa. My purpose for writing today is to let all of you know that I'm aware of the scam and have taken steps to ensure that no additional pictures of me fall into the hands of these punks. I even deleted all of my photos from Facebook (just to be safe). By the way, I've been contacted by over 100 women on Facebook since 2009 telling me about the scam. For the last week, I've had a woman from South Korea sending me FB messages professing her love for me. She fell for one of the scammers and doesn't understand that it wasn't me talking to her. So, if any of you has been defrauded by someone using one or more of my pictures, feel free to find me on Facebook and tell me about it. To the extent that it'll do any good, I'm keeping track of the women affected by this. I'm only keeping their names by the way. If the folks at the FBI want to do more, they can contact you through Facebook. Best wishes, Gordon

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Re: What the REAL owners of the pictures say

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Amy from Spunky Angels

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:29 am
Hello Everyone!

I am "the girl" in the photos and would really like to apologize for whatever scam you've encountered. The photos being used are over 5 years old and I've been dealing with these issues for that long. From fake, myspace/twitter/facebook accounts to my ACTUAL information being leaked onto social networking sites you've really no idea the headaches that I've experienced on account of these pics which for the record were intended for exclusive rights to the photographers portfolio. If I get approached in public one more time by a stranger or receive one more package to my actual house I think I may loose my mind. Nonetheless, I am very sorry for the inconvenience and please know that I never intended for any of this to happen. While the photos were released without my permission, the polive have informed me that once they are out there it is beyond my control. Wish I could help...

Respectfully,

Yours Truly :)

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:27 pm

JMO

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:26 am
honestlady wrote:Wayne, I doubt J is the real person. He was set up for video chat to proof but he didn't show up. he can't proof himself the real JMO. So he is a fake also. The real one must be in outside US or somewhere.

OK. Enough is enough. Honest Lady, honestly, the chat was for members of my website to meet and mingle with one another NOT FOR ME TO PROVE MY IDENTITY! (Sorry to the rest of you reading this who don't like caps but she really has a problem listening).

As a victim in all of this myself, it is not my responsibility to prove anything to anyone, I've offered my sympathy. HonestLady, what can I tell you? It's hard truth but the man you spoke to, whether Nigerian or otherwise, truly does not exist. He's a concept, a figment of you imagination. The perpetrators that you are looking for must be out there, especially since I've received more reports from people seeking me out telling me of other places my pictures are being used.

So all who don't know what's going on here, yes, the real Jorge. I'm not here to answer questions are setup dates with those unable to let go of their horrible experiences as being anything other than fantasy. Let's just set the record straight. I don't have anything to do with Nigerian scams, I don't work for romancescam.com, and my 'only' involvement here is that I put some pictures of myself on Facebook, didn't secure it and my pictures were stolen. I'm not even trying to get on the Oprah network :)

Guys/Gals, let's stop the madness, what's up with the 5 page string? Talk about who the 'real' Jorge is just leads to inefficiency in supporting the victims here with answers and possibly even capturing the perpetrators.

I've read all of your posts here and I've read the ENGLISH (?!?) used in this scammer's writing. Take my writing here in contrast to what you've read - he writes at a 4th grade writing level! He's fond of cutting and pasting photos and cutting and pasting poems. People, google search things, usernames and snippets of writing people send you on over the internet - especially if the writing is of quality! If it's a scammer, you will invariably find the writing has been stolen as well. Reread all the posts here for example. Do you notice, that much of the scammer's writing begins as eloquent then ends with a 10 year old throwing in some extra flair? The only info I have for you is that I believe these people are located in Abuja and Lagos, Nigeria based on the hits received on my website which coincided with a 'new' picture of me I posted there. Several days later that pic was reposted here.

People, kind regards and God speed - I hope the guy or guys and gals are caught. I must tell the small minority who have sought me out hoping to rekindle what they started or hoping to find and (dear God) date the real man behind the Nigerian mask ...you must be kidding me!

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:33 am

Staff Sgt. Adam Lingo

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:56 am
Okay..... i told myself I would never post on any of these sites, but things are getting downright ridiculous. I am Adam Lingo, I know my pictures have been used in romance scams (going on 6 years now)..I have done EVERYTHING I can do about it, Army CID, The Secret Service, you name it..any law enforcement agency (That would listen) I have reported it to. The whole thing has been a godawful nightmare for everyone involved, I'm sorry if you were scammed but lets get some things straight. I DIDN'T SCAM YOU!.. please stop e-mailing me, face booking me, calling me at all hours of the night every night of the goddamn week..and PLEASE!!!!! DO NOT DRIVE CROSS-COUNTRY AND KNOCK ON MY DOOR!! (YES!.. IT'S HAPPENED MORE THAN ONCE)... This has come very close to costing me my marriage. The person you "think" you were talking to DOES NOT EXIST!, you are NOT in love with me because you don't know me..Please please please leave me and my family alone. I don't mean to sound insensitive to those of you that were emotionally and in some cases financially hurt..I have felt really terrible any of this has happened , but please stop calling me to yell at me and threaten me because I didn't take your money and I didn't break your heart. And you XXXX (yes, I agree but we will keep it clean here - Ralph) -tard scammers stop trying to friend me on Facebook already...I hope your whole families die of malaria.

SSG Adam Lingo (the real one)

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:08 am
My Name is NOT Michael Adam Lingo. It's Adam Lingo. These douche-bags have been using my photos since 2006 (when I was made aware of it)... I'm sorry you were victimized by them (I hope it only happened to you to you that one time)...I'm being victimized everyday..I've moved 3 times ..I don't even own a landline phone anymore. I'm not really sure why I have to "exsonertae" myself, I didn't do anything wrong. I get death-threats from victims family members demanding I pay back money I didn't steal. I have spent countless hours giving CID statements and "evidence" passed on to me by people, I'm sorry to say that there isn't a damn thing they are able to do about it. I've NEVER been in Afghanistan...I did a national geographic documentary "Inside: The Iraq War", An MTV News segment called "Iraq uploaded" and a few episodes of "My Military Diary" on the military channel. Watch those segments.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:56 pm

Michail D.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:31 pm
Hello, My name is Michail D. the true person in all of these pictures that this criminal has been using. For the past 8 months I have been deployed and did not even sign into the account that this person stole them from. First off let me apologize for any heartache, loss of money, or anything else that this monster caused to any of his victims. I know that I had no control on what he did, but it still upsets me that this person used my photos that I posted for my family and friends in such a fraudulent manner. I have made it my mission to make sure that any fraudulent accounts that this person has with my pictures are reported not only to the proper website officials but also through the appropriate law enforcement agencies and through my military criminal investigative authorities. It is really sad when I have to fight not only in a foreign land to protect my country but I also have to fight in my own home to protect my good name that I have worked hard for 18 years in the military to build. As of to date I have gotten 8 facebook pages and 3 tagged pages deleted and reported. If anyone knows of any other accounts that bears my photo or has any other contact information or evidence that I can pass along to the authorities please contact me removed personal details, PM instead. Thank you again and once again I apologize for any hardship that this may have caused.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:25 am

Sgt. John R. Champion Jr.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:25 am

I typed my brothers name into the google search bar today and this site came up. I am disgusted that someone has stolen his picture and has tried to portray their life as his life. My brother is DEAD. He died three years ago. He was a 21 year career army 1st Sgt. He was highly decorated and HOW DARE SOMEONE DO THIS TO MY FAMILY. I want to know what has to be done to have this removed from whatever websites it is on.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:48 am

Javier Antonsanti

Fri May 13, 2011 1:11 am
Wow I was only aware of one scammer on facebook. I am the real Javier

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:43 am
I appreciate the work you folks have put on this site. I've been working real hard on getting rid of some of this scammers. So far Facebook is the fastest of deleting those profiles, now Tagged is a little slow, and so is myyearbook, that where Eric Antonsanti Doyle can be found. It is upseting to find your picture and it is scary when I get e-mail from Human Resources Command of people putting a FOI on me so they can find me. I dont think this will go away, but I am working with some of the sites and they are helping me with some of the same profiles. Just and advised to everyone. A soldier will never ask for money to come home on leave from the theater of operations the services take good care of us there. That is the biggest red flag.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:18 am

Steve G. topic

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:20 am
I somehow came across this posting this evening while online looking for pics of us military overseas hoping to find my husband steve. This completely floored me.......The picture posted that this scammer is using IS without a doubt my husband but I do know it was not him sending the letters as he was with me during the time these letters were being sent as I was at the end of a very hard pregnancy and he was spending the last couple weeks of it with me. I apologize to anyone who has been scammed by this person but the only truths in these letters are that he is in the military and he is serving overseas in the war effort right now. All the other facts are wrong and I am very much alive. Now I have to inform him someone has stolen his identity. Let this be a lesson to be careful what you post online as anyone can steal it . I wonder how many unsuspecting guys names and photos are being used to scam others. It is just a horrible circumstance. I appreciate this site and those who posted, as my husband and myself would have never known.......now we are stuck cleaning up this mess. I am sorry to those who have been hurt.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:42 pm

Carl Pavers topic

Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:35 pm
To whom ever is reading this, these are my photos and this is the 4th time someone has hijacked them. The other 3 times were in the states, this time appears to be W. Africa. I am not sure how to stop this. I am open to suggestions.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:55 pm

Chris A topic

Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:43 pm
Ok folks,ive been alerted to this site from a lady in the usa. It is my pics the chris anderson bloke has been using and obviously im not too happy! The pics seem to have been lifted from my myspace account some time ago (i found a fake myspace profile set up by using them last year and had that one deleted). I cant talk any foreign languages,ive never been to nigeria,germany or france and the guy who noticed my football shirt was correct-im scottish.
Anyone got any tips on how to trace chrisnanderson as i might be able to do a bit more as it is my pictures he,s using to commit fraud?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:18 pm
Well,if anything this has introduced me to google picture search! Ive been using the pics of me posted by scammers to work through various facebook and myspace profiles set up using my photos. Ive managed to get a good few deleted and a lot were pending deletion after reports from other folk. Not much else i can do ....perhaps grow a beard? lol
Anyway,you seem to be providing a good service on here,keep up the good work!
p.s. It might be a good bit of advice for people to google their own pics now and and again just in case their pics are being used illegaly.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:11 am

Sean Norton

Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:47 pm
My name is Andrea, and I am dating the real Sean Norton.

Sean and I have been contacted by several women stating that they're "dating" Sean online. Sean's photos have been stolen, along with his family information. The scammer uses photos of Sean's tattoos and photos of him in Iraq. Sean is an Iraqi War Veteran.

I want to help other women that may have been contacted by a Sean Norton from Pasadena, Maryland, USA. The scammer claims he's in Afghanistan (Sean NEVER went to Afghanistan). The scammer sends photos, poems and has very bad English skills.

We are so very sorry for any women that have to go through this. Our hearts go out to all of you. May you find true love with a real, genuine man someday.

Andrea & Sean

Return to “Support and Advice.”