It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:39 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Join our SCAM FREE DATING SITE
Readnotify - trace your emails, get IPs
RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY NAME
Forum rules:

** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

RESEARCH SCAMMERS BY EMAIL

Scammers with pictures of Sgt. Thomas F. Williams

African scammers posing as military personnel.
LegalEagle
*SUSPENDED*

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers using pictures of Sgt. Thomas F. Williams

Postby LegalEagle » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:16 pm

What bothers me is that Plentyoffish still has not removed this man.. his profile is still there, and this fake is still contacting people after I reported him several times for being fake...

Sponsor

Sponsor

tw8442
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby tw8442 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm Thomas Williams and this def isn't me. Pics taken off the web from some army competition I did 2 yrs ago. Sorry if anyone is ever hurt in anyway by this person/people. I'll contact POF and lay down the law. Also, please don't search my name and call the numbers you find. Someone called my parents house at after midnight. Thx

SlapHappy

Bookmark and Share

Postby SlapHappy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:48 am

tw8442,

I'm sorry that your pictures were stolen by the scammers, and that someone bothered your parents by calling them up at midnight. This is just the thing we preach day and night not to do on these boards, but victims do not seem to ever read our FAQ and those that call the innocent people who are not involved in the scam end up causing heartache, grief, or just plain make pests of themselves to the real families whose pictures were stolen from.
Victims or members contacting the innocent Real Person, because their pictures were stolen by these scammers is not condoned here. It is highly discouraged by the Administrator and Moderators of this forum. If the member or lurker who called this man's parents up would like to apologise personally, you may send a PM to tw8442 here. I'm sure he would appreciate it.

tw8442,
Please visit this thread to learn a few things that you can do to lessen the impact of others causing you and your family more of this ignorant calling and emailing.
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 74&t=40935" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If there is anything the Admins or Mods can do to help you in this area, please let us know.

Will everyone who has not read the FAQ of this forum please do so now? I don't like to see this happening.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:27 am

Thanks for your understanding and for registering to express your view :)

^^Indeed, it´s question no. 2 in the FAQ (the q stands for questions) and we highly discourage people from "finding the real guy of the pics". At best it´s fuitile, timewasting and useless. Save yourself the trouble. Better learn to read email headers if you want to know where scammers really are, or check out the "scammers4real" gallery, which, thanks to regular contributors to it like firely, expands every day and shows you in a merciless unromantic money business way whose faces are behind the nice gentlemen whose pics were stolen.

Normally, in our experience, willfully neglecting FAQ question no. 2 adds unnecessary further pain. Often it alerts other scammers who happen to use the same gallery. And absolutely unnecessarily, it bothers real innocent people like this gentleman above and his family and not the anonymous Nigerian scam gangs that are behind it.

No matter how often we start elaborating on this, Slaphappy, it always becomes a few full paragraphs :D
[An additional pictogram version might me more suitable...]

Short version :
"Finding the real guy?" - Don´t.- "Why not?" - You alert scammers and bother innocent people.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

SlapHappy

Bookmark and Share

Postby SlapHappy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:48 pm

FrumpyBB said:
[An additional pictogram version might me more suitable...]
Great Idea!
I have a perfect analogy for that, Frumpy. Maybe we can work on that, after I repeat myself again 30 more
times today...
Last edited by Arabian Nights on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Single posted pics to here

LegalEagle
*SUSPENDED*

Bookmark and Share

Postby LegalEagle » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:56 pm

The scammer is back on Plentyoffish,...

SlapHappy

Bookmark and Share

Postby SlapHappy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:45 pm

LegalEagle, can you post the link to his profile of POF here?

Wack-A-Mole time again.

tw8442
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby tw8442 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Now someone called me at work! How do you people get my numbers? I'm not on POF. I'm not on ANY dating site!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop calling me! You calling me is as bad as what the scammers do. If someone with poor grammer or spelling is contacting you, they probably are not a college educated individual such as myself. You should avoid morons to begin with. Furthermore, Soldiers wouldn't/shouldn't try and con people so that should be a red flag as well. Now I've coached you so you can stop calling me.

The real,
Sgt. Thomas Williams

scammedbutwiser
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby scammedbutwiser » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:43 am

wow I am brand new.
just read this
I will not try to contact Sgt Mullis I hope he is alive, well home and happily maried lol

I am so sorry people are bothering you and your family
I thank you for posting and thank you for being so patient

You saved me from bothering someone else if I'd every found out who Sgt Mullis actually was

God Bless you and yours you have my profoundest, deepest gratitude and respect. Grandfather & uncle served.
sadly my much younger brother in law paid the ultimate sacrifice while serving in Afghanistan. A friend's lst cousin and her unborn child died on 9/11 My feeling in regards to the military & Afghanistan run deep... it made me the perfect patsy for their scam

I salute you sir, and thank you from the bottom of my heart. (that just makes these scammers impersonating honourable brave military personnel that much more dispicable.)
God Speed and Angels protect you
scammed but wiser

rexni
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Scammers with pictures of Sgt. Thomas F. Williams

Postby rexni » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:29 pm

finally i also cheated by bloody thomas.. but the person in photo he really innocent..

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Yes. Email address, email headers, money request email/chat log need to get posted here, please :)
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Paul Matt, armymatt44@yahoo.com

Postby Igulinka » Thu May 07, 2015 4:13 am

badoo.com/01328127362/
Paul, 45

ImageImage

tagged.com/profile.html?view=mini&uid=7309996593
Paul T.

Age 45
For pictures used in this profile see: http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 91&t=88014

thevictim
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby thevictim » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:57 am

So I was scammed by who ever was behind this thomas character and I guess that he was caught but is there any way for all of us who did get scammed by him to get our money back or no? I would like to get my money back from the people that took it. it was about $19,000 and now I am dirt broke so if anyone can help me get any info on how I can get my money back I would greatly appreciate it.

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:06 am

thevictim

We are very sorry for the scam. Unfortunately the money is gone. No one will investigate as the transfers were made willingly and in the light of law is not a crime. Also police has no jurisdiction in foreign countries. What you can only do is to file IC3 complaint with FBI : https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx and later you can file finansial loss on tax return . Please keep the evidence stored.

Please post a fake profile, email address, phone number, money request info. We are sorry we can't help you but please help us safe others. Please BLOCK and IGNORE scammers, do not believe in paybacks , because scammers promise it but you first need to help them. It will never end if you don't end.
Confronting the scammer is WRONG!!! DON'T enlighten criminals with your wisdom. REPORT & BLOCK.
PHOTO VICTIM - "Do not confront the owner of the pictures, as they are victims themselves! You will only serve to further the terror and harm !" Silence Is Golden!!! I speak Polish.

Return to “Military scams”