It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:18 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Erik Swanson <erikswanson1960@yahoo.com>

African scammers posing as white men.
FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:05 pm

Pictures stolen from the real Eric Swanson, Nigerian scammers are even using his name, see below.

Basic
51 year old, man from United States
About Me and My Life
I am a fun loving person. I am a very caring and sensitive person, I am a level headed, down to earth person who is totally devoted to the one I love. I tend to be shy at first, but I will open up quickly with the right person.I am confident, calm, and happy. An introvert by nature, I am quiet, structured, and organized. i think i´m a pretty easy going person. I love to be shown affection and don´t have any problem whatsoever showing the right person lots of of it, i always say if its better to give than to recieve. I think that i have a pretty "strange" sense of humor at times. i look at it this way i´d rather make a joke than to sit around and dwell on things i can´t do much of anything about.I literally despise people who put on or lie about things and think they can get away with it where i´m concerned.I consider myself a sensitive, kind, and gentle person who enjoys being with people. I like going to the movies, listening to music, taking long walks on the beach.Favorite activities are going to the movies,taking walks the beach, being healthy. Most of all I love to be romantic for that special someone.
My Interests/Hobbies
i´m looking for a sexy best friend, lover and partner in crime. Someone who is positive, kind, passionate, spontaneous, attractive, honest and enjoys spending time together.

Its me Erik aka 14love on MDF, How are you doing today? hope to know more about you!

With Care

Erik

Received: from [41.190.2.11] Lagos, Nigeria
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Pandora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Peter Hugh aka James Kooyer, peterhugh200@hotmail.com

Postby Pandora » Thu May 30, 2013 5:22 pm

Pictures stolen from US businessman Erik E. Swanson, see below.

FMF
goodman154
hello pretty
Age & Gender: 52 Year Old Man

Hello, How are you doing today?....You have gotten a wonderful fascination profile so am send you this email to show my interest,But before i go further i will like to make a brief introduction about myself,My name is Peter Hugh Am Age(52years old) i am a widower..So am here to seek a soul and dream mate,so when i look through your profile i was motivated to send you an email as i will like to know you more better....I will be looking forward to read back from you in the email...peterhugh200@hotmail.com

Pandora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Peter Hugh aka James Kooyer, peterhugh200@hotmail.com

Postby Pandora » Thu May 30, 2013 5:43 pm

message on MDF
Hi Angel I am Peter Hugh,52yrs from Montana Helena,I am an easy going person and funny, A man of Good affectionate and romance that wants to be with a perfect match like me, I was going true your profiles before i came across this astonished pic of yours and read about you on here, You are my perfect idea match and i would like to meet you, Uhmmmm you look so beautiful and stunning and i am being caught up by you in an uncalled state. I am a man that have the idea of being in love but due to one or two things i am a single man,This is little more about me, I actually lost my wife in a train accident on her way to see GM in California,Ever since then i lost joy and happiness in my life, Until now something tells me to get on, I left Montana Helena 2 months ago, ,I Work As A Contractor I Construct Road,Bridges And I Travel Out To many countries.Well am Currently in West African Republic of Benin Togo right now For My Work,all i need is true love, someone to love me much than i will love.i did have much love to offer...What is your favorite color or colors?my favorite color is blue ,What is your favorite flower or flowers?Rose and Sun flower baby.What kind of music do you like? Blues and Oldies music baby..What kind of dancing do you like to do? slow dance baby..What kind of movies or videos do you like? Love Collections movie and love horror movies most of the time.smile..... My hobbies and Interests are: Traveling,reading, art, music, films, designing, cooking, swimming, sleeping,laughing, day-dreaming, creme Bruegel, strawberry ice cream, whole milk,potatoes, meat, bookish-learning, novels, snowy day, sunflower, kids,peace, learning new things, social/mental process, current affair. Am true believer in love; never like sequel of any movies; listen to favorite songs repeatedly; enjoy going to the movie with my love;always watch favorite films more than once or even twice;can be quite absent-minded at times; don´t like to be vague; try to improve my analytical skill at all times; love beautiful things,I am new on this site and it,So hear is my email(peterhugh200@hotmail.com..I will gladly hear from you Peter

Pandora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pandora » Thu May 30, 2013 5:46 pm

clone on MS and FB

James Kooyer
Male, 50, Single
Dayton, Ohio

James Kooyer
About
Worked at KBT Ltd

add. pic

Pandora
Scam Buster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Pandora » Fri May 31, 2013 8:18 am

I dated a woman some 6months ago. But he cheated on me and made me loss trust in any woman. I'd have vowed not to date any woman again, but i realized Life is too short for one to be alone, I believe in Fate, I am not sure if I would ever find my love on the internet. Though i have been hurt but I do believe in the word that says look ahead of the past and don't let the past to spoil your future.. Right now I’m completely unattached and would be glad if i encounter a woman of high caliber, good attitude, self respect with goals and ambition. A woman who knows what she wants and know how to get it. she has to be understanding, passionate, sincere and romantic....I believe with these qualities a relationship would be smoother, I'm Into Build Construction Company am 52years old. I stand 5"9 . I was born and grown up in Brazil where i had my college degree in Business Admin, Dad died Some years Ago, and after That Mom’s died in Brazil, So I grown up in Brazil where i spent almost all my life there, I moved back to the State 3 years ago after i lost my Mom accidentally in an automobile accident. I'm the only child of my parents. I am looking for a matured woman that's capable to love and care for me whom I will spend the rest of life.... I'm laid-back and down-to-earth... I'm also very old-fashioned, when it comes to respect and treatment for women. I'm a social wine drinker but a non-smoker, have a great sense of humor and like to spend time with loved ones.

I am a good and honest man, and seek someone who is not afraid to show and express his feelings. Would love a great romance but believe starting with relationship is the best way. I would like someone that will love and respect me for who I am, that likes to hold my hand and surprise me with a little kiss when I least expect it, or give me a wink from across the room to let me know he's thinking about me or give me a call just to let me know he's thinking about me...I would love someone who is fun to be around with, likes to laugh, joke around, enjoy being outdoors going for long romantic walks, enjoys looking at the stars at night, and watching the sun set that rises over the ocean. I am looking for someone that enjoys the simple things in life, just as I do. I would like to meet someone special that I can grow old with, and that we can always look into each other eyes and know that the love between us is just as wonderful and exciting as the day we met...

I want to love a woman for who she is, to spoil her, and love her, and let her know just how much she means to me, by the little things I do or say to make her feel special. While at the same time she treats me in the same way, I am in fact hoping to find happiness via Good Relationship! .A serious relationship based on trust and honesty am seeking for , since I think if a man and woman don't have friendship, the rest of it just won't work. I have a rather unusual sense of humor. I like to laugh at odd things. But I think no matter what you're laughing at, laughter is important as it helps to cope with life. I'm politically liberal, but i don't like to push my beliefs on others. Also, family values are important to me. I feel if as a parent I'd have a duty to raise my child to love God and respect others. And finally, I consider myself to be a "hopeful pessimist." In other words, I see a lot of problems in the world and in my life but I know I can't let them get me down, and believe things have a way of working themselves out! I am looking for an attractive minded woman who loves music and sports as much as I do! I guess the best way to describe myself is that I'm a man who is considerate and respectful of other people's feelings. well I’m currently working here in the western part of Africa on a contract Award. and i would be back in state in just a week after Awarding the contract to me here in Africa, i would like to chat with you more better and know much more about you and your family life.

I am compassionate, a great listener, and not afraid to show my emotions i believed not only in what a woman look like but her heart play the most important role to me because i want a real and a serious relationship with the right woman. Bet am old for Games. I'm not afraid of getting along with a family woman, who thinks it's more important to come home and spend quality time with her family instead of hanging out at the bar or out there doing some others stuffs...i enjoy traveling.. it nice seeing new places and meeting new people from the world. Bedroom aerobics are great, and I consider that an important part of a relationship. Being able to come home after work and hold a nice conversation is something that has been missing in my life for a long time.. Believe it or not, the most sensitive part of my body is my fingertips. I love to touch!!! Holding hands and showing affection is very important to me. I believed a good relationship has start up first with a friendship. hope to hear from you soon......,I will be have to stop here and wait till i get your response, once again, thanks for been my friend.

Thanks……Peter.
IP microsoft
sent the pics posted

jetchic
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby jetchic » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:46 pm

this guy's on ok cupid and definitely scammed me. Sadly the first person online that was remotely decent looking. He's going by Timothy Ade Timm2343
"I am a bluntly honest person who loves life and doesn't deal well with people who are filled with drama or not able to find happiness in life. . I am am individual who is looking to meet someone who wants something new in life. I live life day to day and play hard. The person I am looking for should be very open minded and understand that is the way that I am. If you looking for your new best friend with the possibility of more, then I am who you are looking for. Let's cut through the B. S. and have some fun already!
Music moves me, Food sub stain's me, LOVE will complete me. Fun loving, spirited and sensitive. Creative and imaginative. Constantly curious about the broader issues in life. I'd like to find someone that first and foremost loves home life. Things like gardening, cooking and making a house a home. One that hasn't been everywhere and done everything. And can still see the world through the eyes of a child. My match have a thirst for knowledge and adventure.
OPINION Editorial : It seems to me that our past and present history shows us that we continue to have trouble living with and accepting others that are in some way different then ourselves. Its just as noticeable here. I'm as guilty as the next, but I'm trying harder to overcome this.
Small talk comes from small minds. I like to think BIG. Challenge me with something more then winning you over.
Honest, genuine, active, adventurous, outdoorsy, sarcastic, tell it like it is, artistic, animal lover...whew! And you?
Simple pleasures make me happy...campfires...thunderstorms...the beach at night...motorcycle rides...good food...all animals great and small...quiet adventures exploring in the woods. Looking for a kindred spirit who is down to earth and grounded.
I appreciate honesty and integrity; but you should be a little bit mischievous too! ; )
I want...to know your dreams, thoughts, needs and wants
I want...you to tell me what you feel
I want...you to tell me the truth...even if it hurts
I want...unpleasant days to not be so bad because I know I have you to come home to
I want...you to be my best friend; sharing secrets between us that only you and I know
I want...your reassuring smile to inspire me to fulfill my dreams
I want...you to be dependable, responsible, reliable and trustworthy
I want...unpredictability and spontaneity
I want...to be laying in bed at night reading through our texts from the day and smiling at our back and forth banter
I want...to take care of you
I want...your hugs to make everything okay
I'm not perfect...and you're not perfect...and it's okay; we all just do the best we can. : )
What I’m doing with my life
I have been divorced almost 2 years. That being said, I'm also papa to 1 rather large dog, And am working on the bigest project of my life.
I’m really good at
Closet purging, organizing, making people laugh!! My friends and family are always saying how funny I am. I certainly do love to laugh and smile. I've also been told I'm a great listener. I make a mean latte! I serve in the Cafe ministry at church a few times a month and I am the Barista! I can't tell you how much enjoyment I get out of serving the church-and the Lord-in this way! Come to my church and let me make you a drink!
The first things people usually notice about me
The smile on my face
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
I am a HUGEEEEEEEEEEE movie fan and have lots of useless knowledge about movies and actors! As with the above-mentioned reading, I don't have a lot of time to watch T.V., but I LOVE going to the movies and renting/netflix/on demand at home.
I love most genres of music with the exceptions of heavy rap, heavy metal, and trance. I really love Christian music and look forward to worshiping with the AMAZINGLY talented band at my church on Sundays!"

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Cany you please add "his" email address, fake US phone number and the money request message?
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:25 pm

okcupid.com
timm2343
51 / M / Straight / Single
Orlando, Florida

Education Graduated from college/university
Job Hospitality / Travel
Income $100,000–$150,000
Offspring Has a kid
Pets Has dogs
Speaks English

add. pics

Image Image

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:43 pm

fakes on FB
Marck Jones
About
Worked at Self Employed (Business)
Went to Fatto Brazil
Joined Facebook February 6

add. pics

Image Image

Gorey Richard
About
Worked at Labo+ --- Engineering/Construction, Ingegneria & Architettura Sostenibile

pics stolen from Erik E. Swanson
twitter.com/UNIVSEMINARS
m.universalseminars.com/?_escaped_fragment_=mainPage
facebook.com/UniversalSeminars

brenda18
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby brenda18 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:27 am

aka Jesse H Williams
Hollander 79@yahoo.com
Oklahoma City, OK FB

Architect
42 years old

AFRINIC
41.220.64.0 - 41.220.79.255
Babatunde Omogbai

Never asked for money. Found him here.

brenda18
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby brenda18 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:17 pm

Also wanted to say about this person posing as Jesse Williams is that in checking county property records on him he was also using the identity of a real Jesse Williams. His grammar was excellent and he was quite witty. He had not gotten to the money request part yet even after 3 months. Wondering if he knows about this site because he has not contacted me since I posted last night. Spoke once briefly on the phone and he had a British accent. This guy also stated his coworker was Timothy and apparently goes by that name on another site. It was amazing the job he did in using information from a real person so after doing my cyber checking I find this information from a real person who does exist.

minerva

Bookmark and Share

Postby minerva » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:30 am

he was also using the identity of a real Jesse Williams
this pics stolen from " Erik E. Swanson " not Jesse Williams
to help you how to post and other read the FAQ viewtopic.php?f=74&t=83893

brenda18
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby brenda18 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:52 pm

I see. When I checked "him" out online there was a real Jesse Williams 42 years old divorced from Stacey who he also used as the name for his ex. This was in a very small town. It just seems a possibility he chose these people for his story too.

Feeling Sick
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Feeling Sick » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:11 am

Well he's at it again using Richard Muller. I met him on OKC. We have been talking for a few months. He is an engineer in this scam. He had to leave for Aberdeen UK the day I was to meet him. Then he had to go to Sri Lanka where he is supposed to be now. He asked for $5000 GBP.... I have emails, texts and phone numbers. I talked to him just about every night on the phone. He sent me flowers. I was actually about to fall for everything until he sent me a letter that was supposed to be an acceptance letter from Exxon. There were spelling mistakes. He told me his Dad passed away while he was in Aberdeen, I fell for it. I feel pretty foolish now, but very happy I didn't give him any money. I can't post all the emails he sent but I will post some of the pictures he sent and the letter from Exxon... I will admit he is good!!! This email is the 2nd email he sent me.

How are you doing today?
I'm sure you are well aware that I would like to keep in-touch and get to know you more.. Its just that I wasn't so sure what you are looking for? though you mentioned you had like to meet a lover and a friend...I have not been speaking to anyone lately but it will be nice to know what your motives are.. Just as you have said in previous message.. you have talked to a lot of people .. that makes me what to know why and how you have dealt with meeting so many people in the past..
I know what you mean about feeling secure with people you talk to. I can assure you I'm just as nervous as you about this way of meeting, difficult to know how much to say about yourself and how much to give away in a virtual relationship like this.
Anyway i thought to write a bit more about me so you will know more about me. Am quite new to this and Still finding this strange!
The internet dating seems quite strange but i guess nothing ventured is nothing gained and one ought to try it...even tho i will remain that old old fashioned romantic, i guess its worth to this method of dating...lol...i
I absolutely agree with you if you agree with me its quite hard dating at a late age...it can be very difficult even more so as a lady.....and for people like us who work and have an engaging career getting the time to socialize really is a luxury....and so we are left with the option of this kind of dating..which all seems a big lark and charade, like adults advertising to date. lol...its really funny and totally strange to me but then am here now and so have to make the best use of it. was nice to finally believe there are some nice people out there waiting for there perfect match..
Though you had me thinking you were too good to be true..But its true they say ''Good things come to good people''
A very good friend of mine introduced me to this site. He 'd met his wife(and they are still together) from the site last year, they 'd exchanged mails on the site and then agreed to get some privacy from out of there as they got along and swapped Email addresses, mailing,continued as friends,then trust set in,and after a rapport had been established..phone numbers went in opposite directions making communication between them more intense till they agreed to meet and the rest is history..lol( their success story was even on the site ).you should see them, they are an item and am so happy for them, anyway to cut the long story short, when i came here he advised I should get company because I live alone... What makes me smile? hmmm I would say a perfect day knowing I have made some positive impact with work or people's life..with food? I do enjoy anything that is got a nice taste and very healthy to eat.. junks are welcome sometimes as i normally spend quality time in the gym to born it out..Not sure if I can tell you if i don't like soft kisses.. of course we all do as long as its with the right person.My doors are always open.. I just don't want to be very desperate in my search for the perfect one.. would you ?

I do understand fate has a part it plays tho in our lives as good and evil things happen in the course of existence,..its the balance of LIFE and so we must keep our chin up no matter what happens...I lost my mum as a young man, my father is still very healthy in his 80's.. I also have one sister....its just two of us from them though and we carry the family light on.. my sister Rebecca, she's 5 years younger then i am ...and we are very close, been that way since our parents broke up long time ago..Mums death solidified our bond...making us realize we are all we got...She still lives in back home in New York..Aside from your sister and mum , do you have other families near you ? Sounds like your mum is full of life and her friends too.. It will be fun to flirt with old ladies though.. I normally have strong connections in wanting to help the elderly people.. but flirting would be on a different platform...ahahh :)
Hope you had a great weekend and looking to enjoy your new week?
I have said a lot to a total stranger already...lol...anyways i guess we'd have to talk more about ourselves if we make time to chat soon...will be nice to share stories and perhaps share our background differences....after all no knowledge is lost....
I will let you pick it up from here now. Do have a good day.
looking forward to read from you soon
Richard..xx

Here is the letter from Exxon.

These are supposedly the last pictures taken with his father. (Erik's real father at least!!)

A copy of the card he sent with my flowers.....

and a few of the pictures he sent me...

I am so glad this site is here, otherwise I might have believed him and eventually given him my heart and my money. I feel sick that I just about fell for this guy!!

Feeling Sick
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Feeling Sick » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:22 am

I talked to him for 2 hours on the phone when he said his Dad passed away.... It's hard to explain in a few sentences the gist of our relationship, but he said he was going to give up this great business opportunity and come home because he was so depressed. Like I said, I talked with him for 2 hours that time, this is his next email to me. I have about 30 emails and so many texts... All the hours we talked on the phone.

Return to “White Males”