It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:28 am    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

PROSECUTION (for those who already sent money)

Questions or ideas about ways to prosecute Russian scammers
Elena
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Elena » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:42 am

Police in Yoshkar-Ola, Kazan and other cities are getting interested in cases of dating scammers. Several groups of scammers have been arrested in the last few months. Russian police need more victims to come forward in order to get more cases going.

If you already sent the money, go after the croocks and get Russian authorities involved. With some persistence, you have about a good chance of getting the scammers investigated and arrested.

Please visit http://www.russian-detective.com/scams/scammed.htm
for more info on what to do to file a complaint against the scammers.
Last edited by Elena on Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Ben
*SUSPENDED*

Bookmark and Share

WU/UK

Postby Ben » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:41 pm

For UK residents contact Western Union( fraud)
?
Jamie Claydon
Senior Investigator
FEXCO MT?Compliance
Tel:+44 (0) 208 563 6621
Fax:+44 (0) 208 563 6699

www.ukmoneytransfer.com
<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>
He will then pass you on to
Stephen Timmons who will need a hand written request to locate the town where the money was sent ,he is at:

Stephan Timmons
CRC Dept, FEXCO MT Ltd, P.O. Box
8252, London W6 0BX.

simongilks
Senior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: PROSECUTION (for those who already sent money)

Postby simongilks » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:27 pm

for any one in the UK 0208 563 6621 now takes you straight through to Stephen Timmons.

i have tried this number today. i want to chat with Stephen about placing warnings against the names of certain people who have been used to pick up money for scammers. i am currently in the process of getting my case together against scammers in Moscow, Kazan and Yoshkar Ola.

i thought i'd try the number (0208 563 6621) to see whether it was still valid.

i'd previously used the number on the back of the Western Union receipts (0800 833 833) and asked the operator to put me through to the Fraud Dept who then gave me an email address for Fexco. this worked fine as a means of finding out when and where the money was picked up.

but a direct line to Stephen Timmons is even better.

norma_jean
VIP Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby norma_jean » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:03 am

I've came across this site, so I thought it might be useful... :)

http://www.eecl.org/scam/criminal_proceedings.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I must break you.

Bubbabucks
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Bubbabucks » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:14 am

Tax evasion...do you think these bastards have reported any money sent to them as income?
Do you think their legitimate government would be interested in how much money they made and have not paid taxes on?

If you've got any bit of addresses that can be used to track them down it's worth an attempt to contact the tax authorities in that country. Tax laws have put many people in jail over the years in some countries. Just a thought!

lku456
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby lku456 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:27 am

what do you do if they are from united kindgom i filed a complaint with fbi is that the right course what else can i do

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:36 am

Quick question, and please don't take offence when I ask this. Did they say they were in the UK, or do you have proof they are? Scammers often claim to be in the UK or USA for example, but some research show them as really being in Western Africa. It makes a huge difference to the options you have.

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:38 am

It seems your other posts point to this being a West African scammer using pictures of Next Door Nikki. You can contact the EFCC, but there's not much they'll do to be honest with you. Best to post up as much info as you have on the scammer.

MyFoolishHeart
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby MyFoolishHeart » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:59 am

I believe if I have proof of money sent, that I can get someone arrested for fraud, at the very least...

Does anybody know if it is possible to get a criminal record (in Russia) for a scammer, without really sending them to jail? The idea is, with a criminal record on their backs, they won't be able to get a resident visa for ANY country... Just curiosity, at this point...
If you cross a black cat's path, you better do it respectfully... Else, you got a thing coming!!

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:38 am

I am afraid Elena is no longer on this forum, and without Elena nobody can help you here, as she was the one who was preparing documents for proper filing with Russian authorities. This section was just a legacy from Russian Detective forum.

RS doesn't deal with any Russian prosecutions, we mostly deal with Nigerians.

You will be better off asking your questions Elena directly at her website russian-detective.com

MyFoolishHeart, we removed your report (on your request, btw), we closed the section, we don't deal with this stuff anymore. Closed means closed. We move on with our stuff, you move on with yours. Without RS.

And may I suggest that you just move on with your life, too. And leave the girl and RS alone.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

MyFoolishHeart
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby MyFoolishHeart » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:17 am

Alright, alright :) Maybe that's a good suggestion...
If you cross a black cat's path, you better do it respectfully... Else, you got a thing coming!!

ViktorUA
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Punishment of speculators in Ukraine. How we did it.

Postby ViktorUA » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:53 am

I am a resident of Ukraine, and not by hearsay I know about all the scams that turn crooks from the CIS countries.
 Last year I got to work in Poland, and then for the first time I heard about this type of fraud as fraud in dating
Europeans and wealthy men from other countries.
 Then my colleague in Poland told me his story for the first time, and asked if I could help him and punish this crook,
I was so stunned by this story, with so much arrogant and mean-spirited deception that my new acquaintance had experienced, that he decided to help him.
Upon my return to Ukraine, for a start, I checked the data that she provided, and the passport data. My friend from the police helped me in this.
It immediately turned out that the passport was a woman who is much older in age, who lived in a small town in the Dnipropetrovsk region,
and it did not at all coincide with her legend, and that she lives in Kiev and she is 23 years old, and she works as a fitness trainer,
but unfortunately, as we found out later, there was not even such a fitness club.
Then began the most difficult of her searches. for a start, we found out where the money was received by the Western Union, it was not difficult to make the sender,
She requested the money for a trip, and cash for presentation at customs. And we found out that it was received in Poltava. And then everything is completely confused
and we began to track it with letters, and continued communication to collect at least some information. We were able to lure her with a gift, for a personal transfer,
but she still found the reason why she couldn’t take it personally. We agreed to meet, she said that it would be her friend, who could pick up the package in Kiev,
from the bus. there I already got on her mark when a young guy met a parcel instead of a girl.
He was so scared that he told everyone who asked him to get the package, and gave more information.
We were able to write a statement to the police, and as it turned out, it was a whole office of such workers, who on a large stream deceived gullible men.
Of course, we could not return the money that was sent, but we were able to punish them. It was the most important thing, and felt the satisfaction,
that men will no longer suffer from their actions.
My friend advised me to share a story, and offer to help men who are deceived, and maybe even prevent the deception that you can expect.
I hope I can help someone.

Return to “Prosecution of Russian Scammers”