It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Bryan J. Lee - ssgtlee@yahoo.com

African scammers posing as black men.
janie2020
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby janie2020 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:45 am

Lost quite a bit to this scammer. Ladies, beware! Has a "confidant" named Wallace and claims to have a little girl named Anna (supposedly her in picture) living in Canada with his sister, Lorraine. He claims to be without any other family members, originally from Haiti. He posed as a former Air Force sgt. working on an oil rig as a helicopter pilot and mechanical engineer. He groomed me for nearly two years before taking 20k. I lost my job soon after the scam, just a few weeks ago. I am devastated.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

janie2020
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Oil Barrel Allocation Release/Cryptobank Fraud

Postby janie2020 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:02 am

After worming their way into the heart, the scammer, Bryan J. Lee, told me he had a side hustle on the oil rig he worked on that gave him access to purchase and sell barrel allocations. He told me he needed 10k to have the barrels released. Here is just one of the many documents he produced.

After that, he had me log into his bitcoin "wallet" that was also a sophisticated, fabricated website they created with a history of transactions that matched what he had been telling me over the course of nearly two years. He had me try to transfer money to his sister and to one of the companies involved in the oil barrel hustle. He claimed his connection out on the rig was no good. I fell for it and tried, feeling I may have aided in money laundering, but was reassured. A few days later, he contacts me to tell me that the company has frozen the account due to the different IP addresses and different attempts. After weeks of needling me, I gave in and sent another 10k.
Both of these were loans. I don't have that kind of cash and right after all this, I lost my job.

He promised to pay back his debt and since his contract was up, he would be leaving the rig and joining me in my state. He claimed to have attempted a transfer and sent a document to prove it was entered, but then I received an email from the fake cryptobank claiming that it would take another 45K to cover some b*s* international finance taxes they rattled off. I knew then it was over. I had been had. I filed a form with the FBI and contacted my bank and put a fraud alert on my credit.

I am devastated financially and seething with anger, embarrassment and humiliation. I know I am not alone here.

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Re: Bryan J. Lee/ssgtlee@yahoo.com

Postby Myra » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:00 am

welcome to RS janie2020 and thanks so much for your post, will hopefully prevent others from becoming a victim too.
We are very sorry to hear from your loss :(

Do you have more pictures you can share with us, and/or email messages? every information is important!
Thanks.

IceFM

Bookmark and Share

Re: Bryan J. Lee - ssgtlee@yahoo.com

Postby IceFM » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:54 pm

.... I doubt that this Genius will get a "Veseel" ...... :party: :mrgreen:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ The FAQ / FAQ in deutsch +++

janie2020
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby janie2020 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:54 am

Loveley123
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Loveley123 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:44 pm

Hi Janie2020,
I fell for the same guy (Bryan John Lee) and still can't believe it. I would love to chat with you about this as I think it would help me to get over this.
He told me exactly the same stories about his daughter, his friend "Wallace", his ex Airforce career, his job on an oil rig, his side job selling oil etc. Even some of the pictures are the same. Fortunately I have not given him any money, but I feel so abused and humiliated.
I am also scared as I gave him some personal details and I am worried he might do something with this.
Would love to speak with you about everything.

Wisemonkey
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Wisemonkey » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:43 pm

So ladies the same happened to me he is very good and very convincing. Luckily I smelt the rat 3-4 weeks in. That said I did stupidly fall for the banter and lovely caring messages (over 3,500 in 5 weeks) with daily phone calls but no parting of money. I guess his gutted because he sent me a card and a teddy bear for my birthday and lovely flowers (makes me feel like I won this scam!) :applause:

Started talking to Bryan John Lee on 27/03/2020 on the dating website HINGE. Very soon swaped numbers and had many conversations shared photos, intimate exchanges. Bryan shared info of postings onto oil rigs via a company called Shelfdrilling and also shared an e ticket for his return to the UK on the 7th May 2020, stating he worked on the North Sea oil rigs when in the UK and lived in Hackney in shared accommodation. Bryan was going to book an AIR BNB on his return so we could meet to commence a relationship in person. Bryan sent me a teddy bear and card prior to my birthday. He also said his wife had died and he had a 5 yesr old daughter called Anna and a sister called Lorraine and shared many photos of himself in the military and of him and his daughter who apparantly lived with his sister Lorraine in Canada. About 3 weeks in he had a problem with a vessal containment transferring oil to New Zealand which he said was his side line hustle. He had difficulty wiring money to the company he called Petersons and asked me to login into his bitcoin account as internet connectivity was poor. I completed 3 transactions for him from my iphone. One of the transactions didnt work, this was for 50,000 AED. Bryan sent me a copy of the failiure notice and then commenced to ask me to help him out with £15,000 english sterling. I then commenced a google search for scammers and didn’t come across this but how lucky was I that my daughter did (I shared the journey with her and a friend all the way) He even sent me photos of his car that he was having to sell to help with his money problem 🙄

I notified Bryan that this was a scam, he then sent me messages saying he will visit me when in the UK and he wouldn’t be in this position if I had not used his account in the UK. Even after this he still messaged and called at least 4 times a day (by this time I just played the game) He eventually reduced his beg to £2,000.

Trust me what this disgusting individual is doing is terrible BUT it’s not your fault. I’m a good looking lady as I am sure everyone else is he has done or is doing this too. Don’t be scared just report where ever you can to help protect others! 👍

He used the number +44 7961 112568
Emails he gave me an address for:
bryan.lee@mailo.com
bryanlee@sbmoffshore.org

His Facebook was https://www.facebook.com/leejohnbryan
Since I notified him that I had the police working with me on his scam it appears to have now been taken down from the site.

Last edited by Myra on Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed the pic with the 3 little kids

Igulinka
Moderator/Sponsor
Moderator/Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Igulinka » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:03 am

Wisemonkey

Thank you for posting the scammers and we want you to know that we are very sorry for the scam. Please BLOCK and IGNORE immediately all ways of communication with scammers. Please be vigilant when some suspicious accounts make a requests to meet you online in the future.

You wrote:
I guess his gutted because he sent me a card and a teddy bear for my birthday and lovely flowers (makes me feel like I won this scam!) :applause:
The scammers actually used your info for the "first time" purchase online using stolen from other victim credit card. This is what they always do after coming in contact with stolen credit card or bank account. They are trying on other victims. This way fraud dept. will have your info or if nothing happen, they will be able to use the balance till money is gone. So please be very careful whom you trust in future. Be safe !

Myra
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby Myra » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:33 pm

@Wisemonkey
we'd like google to pic up the pics posted here
thus, it's better to post the pics without borders
when people do image search the pics you posted might not show up

Image Image

Return to “Black Males”