It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Prosecution Assistance for Victims of Russian Dating Scam

Scammers from Russia, Ukraine, or any other former Soviet Union countries.
Elena
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Elena » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:26 am

Hello everybody,

I am expressing my sincere condolences to all who lost money due to the Russian dating scams, and I am inviting all the victims of the "visa and tickets" type of scam to file criminal complaints with Russian authorities as soon as possible.

http://www.russian-detective.com/scams/ ... plaint.htm

Who I am: I am the owner of www.Russian-Detective.com, and I am making it my personal mission to help as many people as possible to start criminal cases, so the scammers would start facing the consequences as soon and as much as possible. I believe that the scammers can and should be punished, and if enough people file enough complaints, Russian authorities will have the tools to punish them.

What I do: I provide the scam victims who contact me with completely free information about the prosecution process and advice on the best prosecution strategy in each specific situation. NOTE: I am not a law enforcement agency. I will not "catch" or "get" scammers, I will only assist you with filing a criminal complaint.

In some cases, I do offer additional assistance services for a fee. Those additional services are listed on my web site.

My biggest problem is my severe shortage of free time (I am a full-time student and a busy business of a growing business), but I will trully do what I can to provide assistance or advice to all who contacts me.

-----
Elena Garrett
www.Russian-Detective.com

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:48 am

Thanks Elena!

Most scam victims don't know how and where to file a criminal complaint in Russia, and this is the biggest problem. They contact FBI, Embassy, WU, etc.. which in most cases is pretty useless. So, I think this is very important what you are doing.

Good luck with this mission, and I hope many of these pests get caught as a result. :applause:
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Elena
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Elena » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:08 am

Thanks, Marisa. I am pretty confident that they will (get caught)! Whether or not they will go to jail I don't know, but at least they will be taught a lesson for sure.

Things have not been too good for scammers in the past 2 years, and I hope with my efforts, the relentless efforts to countless scambaiters, and with so much more awareness now about this problem among the general population the scam business will eventually become not profitable enough to sustain as many groups as it is currently sustaining.

Gg*34
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Prosecution Assistance for Victims of Russian Dating Sca

Postby Gg*34 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:30 pm

>>> Hello Elena, thank you its good people like you who make internet-dating one step safer from these scammers. I am doing my own part to report them on this forum (in this particular thread) as a user of this forum. Though I am thankful to hear this from you. I wish you best of luck on this.... keep up the great work :smile: .

Scam Killer
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Scam Killer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:31 am

Thank you, however, this is sad that to be able to file a complaint, we must loose money. Because, to my opinion, the psychological damages can be worst, loosing money or not.

Gg*34
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gg*34 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:31 am

>>> Hi there I agree with you totally. I too am also under the impression the emotional dammage of the victim is the most painful. even if one does not give the money its the act of this crewl and rather heartless act deception that can really favor towards mistrust regards online-dating and the like. However learning from my experience best to think with the head first then the heart (my own observation from my own experince). Later on I learnt that one does become something of his or her own PI or self-apointed or volunteering as private investigator weather one wants to or not. Though any form of prosecution against these scammers especially after one has lost money is warented at least services like this are available and I think over all that is a good thing though, just my two cents if you will. :smile:

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:37 am

I asked Elena the same question: can those who didn't lose money file a complaint. This is her answer:
The people who did not send money CAN file reports to police, but police won't be able to open a criminal case based on their complaint because no crime has been committed. However, if police already have an open case on a particular scammer and a complaint comes in when a guy did not lose the money but the money were requested, police can use this complaint as additional evidence of scam.
It's just that Elena is very busy at the moment, and cannot assist everybody, she has to limit her help to those who actually lost money, but that doesn't mean you cannot file a complaint.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

Gg*34
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Gg*34 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:49 am

I see, Thank you. I can understand with the busy schedule. Elena does have. However. I do think its a great thing there are services like this out there. :smile:

Scam Killer
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Scam Killer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:42 am

Yes, that's great :-)
Good job!

Maybe someone should open an international agency like this, with funds from various associations or from the governments or so ...

A bit like the associations for children, etc ...

MaxwellSmartJr.
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Of psychological damages

Postby MaxwellSmartJr. » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:43 am

Hi!

You're right when you earlier said about the psychological damages which scammer do much. Check my post of Irina Domracheva of Kazan (eriyuitrt@rambler.ru). I was serious and trustful with her for over four months. What happened....look the discussions of Russian scammers here.
You are doing a great job, good luck!

Yours, 'Max'

toreksom
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Prosecution Assistance for Victims of Russian Dating Sca

Postby toreksom » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:39 am

This is great, Elenag. However, I would apreciate if a similar action towards Ukrainian authorities were take also.

Elena
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Elena » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:26 am

Ukraine authorities seem alot less interested in the subject of dating scams; however, I am strongly recommending that all victims of Ukrainian dating scams file criminal complaints with Ukrainian authorities nevertheless, because the growing number of the complaint should eventually drive the interest in this subject among the law enforcement.

investigator
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

I am dealing with my 3rd scammer in 2 months

Postby investigator » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:01 am

I worked for an agency in California whereby I learned about Russian Organized crime and gathered information on various criminals. About two years ago I got an e-mail from Lyubov who is on the scammer list. She was very nice and did not talk like a scammer. She claimed to be from Nizhniy Novgorod and we corresponded for a while but she never asked for money. In the last 2 months I have gotten 2 more scammers one from Novgorod and the other from Yoshkar-Ola and now I have another one e-mailing me. I appreciate the scammer list because I am researching the women and googling names they give for parents and the names either come back to another scammer using the same named or one girl even used the new president of Latvia as her father! I will try and do what I can to help Elena do research to find these women so if you guys post pictures and names I will see what I can find out. Let's put them where they belong..............out of business!

Elena
Very Frequent Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby Elena » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:40 am

Investigator,

If you would like to help me and my company, I actually often need assistance with researching online information on various scammers, so if you are good with the Internet, you could be very helpful to me, actually. Please let me know if you would be interested!

investigator
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Hello Elena

Postby investigator » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:53 pm

Thanks for the response. I am obviously no expert but I will help you in whatever way I can. I am also trying to get some tools to do tracing and I enjoy doing research.

Return to “Russian scammers”