It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Nigerian student gets 19 years' jail for love scam

Is it possible?
sonja
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re:

Postby sonja » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:36 pm

If we fight together mabey one day we will win!
:applause: If only the rest of us could be so lucky to have our scammers caught and jailed.

Re:

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

sweetlady46
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re: Nigerian student gets 19 years' jail for love scam

Postby sweetlady46 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:57 am

yeah, I wish we were all lucky; for those of us who lost alot of money, we should put pressure on Nigeria EFCC and Ghana police to find these scammers, not to mention the banks where the monies were transferred to; Maybe if we offered a reward (we will pay a percentage of the monies recovered to the agency). Maybe we should all get together and make this a real offer on public media.

what does everyone think?

I sent money to London and even notified Lloyds bank. Not sure if London patrons can open bank accounts with fake ID's. I hope not.

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:06 am

No. Why should we pay them percentage? They get enough money from us, their economies get more money from online scams than from selling their oil. And this money is taken out of OUR economies, they could have helped the economical crisis. Instead, we are feeding these good for nothings.

We should pressure our politicians and governments to impose economical sanctions on West Africa, money transfer companies and dating sites and social networks that breed scam. I really fail to understand how come poor Cuba deserves it more than Nigeria??!!! Comon, the cold war is over!! Time to start fighting the REAL enemies.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

sweetlady46
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Re:

Postby sweetlady46 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:10 am

I totally agree with COURINGTON! we should all send our scammer information to EFCC in Nigeria (info@efccnigeria.org) or Police in Ghana (info@policeghana.org); If we pressure them enough and offer a reward for monies recovered (a certain percent like 10%) then we might get some action!

They maybe under-resourced now but wait until they hear our deal for them. they will have more people wanting to work for them. Attempt to scam people is a 24/7 job and it may not pay at all as victims are getting smarter; not all of us are gullible/naive people. Also, more awareness such as the Catfhishing TV show in US, Glamour's October 2012 issue about 1 in 10 people on dating sites are scammers and of course when people search for photos or email addresses or names, these sites will come up.

Marisa
Site Admin
Location: am from califonia aka carlifonia, united state of americans okay

Bookmark and Share

Postby Marisa » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:13 am

no you will not. They are corrupted and you will only run into a recovery scam. This is what all recovery scams is about - you pay percentage to recover your money.

Many people wrote to EFCC Nigeria, nobody EVER received at least a reply.
SCAM FREE DATING SITE

I am responsible for what I say. I'm not responsible for what you understand.

sweetlady46
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby sweetlady46 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:55 pm

Yes I am sure the Nigeria or Ghana government is taking their share of the scam money and they are corrupt.
They only do something when they are pressured. I'd like to hear more of how this one woman got so lucky.

I agree with you but it might be faster to convince the EFCC in Nigeria or Police in Ghana than to convince our government to take action. We all have to sign a petition (ones who lost money) and even if we do this and send it to US government, who knows how long it will take them to take action. Maybe we should all go to Washington and stand in front of the government office and not leave until they do something about it; I am going to write letter to senator in CA and the president of the USA. Everyone who has lost alot of money needs to do this. I hate it that FBI won't do anything.

sweetlady46
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby sweetlady46 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:17 am

no you will not. They are corrupted and you will only run into a recovery scam. This is what all recovery scams is about - you pay percentage to recover your money.

Many people wrote to EFCC Nigeria, nobody EVER received at least a reply.
OK thank you but I wasn't talking about recovery scam but never mind, since the people are corrupt, they will probably take advantage instead of being supported for helping us.

revenger
Junior Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby revenger » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:34 pm

I read this article:

Nigerian arrested for conning Vietnamese women on Facebook

Ho Chi Minh City police arrested Saturday a Nigerian man who allegedly cheated Vietnamese women he befriended on Facebook out of US$7,000.
Eluma Francis Chukwubueze, 37, was arrested at a hotel on Bui Vien Street in District 1.
According to police, he used different names and masqueraded as a rich foreign man.
He flirted with Vietnamese women on Facebook and promised to send them gifts from foreign countries.
But he asked his victims to transfer “shipping fees” into bank accounts he appointed.
In the latest case, a 48-year-old woman in HCMC’s Binh Thanh District was asked to send him $250 in exchange for a gift set of an iPhone 5s, a camera and a laptop.
On May 20, the woman named M. sent him the money.
But then his accomplice, who impersonated as an airport officer, later asked her to send an additional $2,500 as a fine as he said the gift consignment was being held in Malaysia.
M. felt suspicious and called the police, who later arrested the Nigerian man.
Chukwubueze told police he earned around $7,000 in the last four months using the tricks. It is not immediately clear what has happened to his accomplice and how many Vietnamese women he succeeded in cheating.
Such cases have become increasingly common in Vietnam.
Police in Hanoi said they have received a number of complaints from Vietnamese women who claimed that they had been cheated out of money by foreign men on Facebook.
Most of the women are single and were victims of almost the same trick, according to the police.

Link: http://www.thanhniennews.com/society/ni ... 43771.html

Return to “Prosecution of African Scammers”