It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 pm    

Romance Scam

Please report romance scams and dating scams here. We accept reports on Russian scammers and Nigerian scammers.

Disclaimer regarding pictures posted on the board: please understand that you are NOT looking at the pictures of people who are actually scamming you. The people portrayed on these photos are innocent men and women, NOT involved in scamming in any way and have nothing to do with scammers. The scammers are using their images without their knowledge or permission to deceive their victims and steal their money.

Prosecution of Nigirian Scammers

Is it possible?
cyril
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby cyril » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:45 pm

I got scammed of that rat calling himself moller decruz on Myspace. With the help of this side I found his IP triaced it back to NIgiria even got a picture of the house even though it was not sharp. I got the number of the cell phone he used and today I contacted W. U. trying to find out the ID he used and where he picked it up, to get the ID blocked of from picking money up if possible. Unfortunately I couldn't find his pictures on Tineye but I will try some other day again. Now I am on a mission to get that bastard prosecuted because I want to see that him in a "nice" nigirian jail where he can rot for ever if it would be up to me. The question is how to get that managed? Shall I contact the german police or try nigirian authoroties directly?
What I definitely will do as a German is mailing my story to Akte09 on German television.
Has anybody got any advises for me? Please let me know if you have.

Sponsor

verispy.com
Sponsor

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Re: Prosecution of Nigirian Scammers

Postby wayne » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:13 pm

You'd be better off contacting the EFCC in Nigeria as they have more authority than the German police. But I'd also recommend you tell your story everywhere you can to make people more aware of the situation and less likely to fall for a scammer in the first place.

FrumpyBB
Site Admin

Bookmark and Share

Postby FrumpyBB » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:23 pm

You can do all three of the above .)
It might not lead to an arrest of him, it might also be frustrating but like W says, in the course of it yo will be spreading the word around, which appears as the best weapon at the moment.
Furthermore, it might help the statistics...and rising statistics might convince politicians. Yes, one must start SOMEwhere.
Please try your best to block ALL your scammer´s still incoming messages and calls!

What is all this? => The FAQ

The scammers vs. Why is "he" still doing it?

Why is alerting the man in the pictures DANGEROUS?

Please click why confronting my scammer is terribly wrong :)

cyril
New Poster

Bookmark and Share

Postby cyril » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:28 am

Thank you for your support. A link to the EFCC on here would be nice. I will collect as many informations as possible and then forward it to them and German television because I think myself that German police can't do a lot about it.

wayne

Bookmark and Share

Postby wayne » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:08 pm

http://www.efccnigeria.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but don't hold your breath. They may just add it to their list of reports and sit on it.

The Wild Geese
RomanceScam Sponsor
RomanceScam Sponsor

Bookmark and Share

Postby The Wild Geese » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:48 am

Hello Cyril! :)
You have a very good fighting spirit ! :applause: :applause: I just hope I am as brave as you are. I was once a scammer's victim. He looted me a lot in terms of cash and emotions. As soon as I found out that he was a scammer, I just let him go as easy as that. This is because of my profession and my being active in politics in our community, I can't risk my name. That is the sad thing. I wanted these scammers to pay the evil things they have done to their victims but I myself do nothing active in order to prosecute them. Keep on the good work! May your tribe increase!
Nothing wrong of being an Engr. as long as you are real. :-)

Return to “Prosecution of African Scammers”